RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By RainEffect

Sif wipes the floor with Valkryie.

Then she goes home and provides some warmth for Thor. 

All in a warrior goddess' days work.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Sif.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Killemall

@JediXMan said:

Sif.
super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By super_psycho

@King_Namor said:

Sif

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How? They are equals in the battle of skills and Valkyrie is stronger.

Bhutai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bhutai

lady sif

M9ke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By M9ke

@glarinetta: Valkyrie is not stronger; she has 'enhanced' strength...while Sif has 'superhuman' strength.*

As far as this contest goes...

IMO, Sif's combat skills are greater...she is a warrior goddess after all. Speaking of, I'm pretty sure Valkyrie isn't even technically considered a god, unlike Sif. (Although one could argue that Brunnhilde was hand-picked by Odin to be leader of the Valkyrior, and he endowed her with some God-like powers.)

Too much love overall for Valkyrie on these battle threads; probably cuz of the blondes > brunettes thing that most boys seem to have.

*see Marvel Encyclopedia 2014 - ISBN: 978-1-4645-1593-6 ...don't care what the "rules" are, Marvel Encyclopedia isn't Wikipedia, it's cannon

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa
deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Valkyrie stomps. Unless I'm missing something. Full powered Valkyrie was a team buster who owned lots of 100+ tonners simultaneously

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Sif

CyberpunkCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Val stomps

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Valkrie has better stats and skills on par she should win here

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Valkyrie wrecks easily.

XEGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

valkyrie were made to be asgards finest warriors unless sif was a valkyrie but im pretty sure she wasnt valkyrie wins

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: do you have any feats for Valkyrie? Or for Sif, for that matter.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn: She's held her own against and harmed powerhouses like Thor, Hulk, Rulk, etc. and has an indestructible magically enchanted sword. I don't recall Sif having any outstanding feats that compare to Valkyrie's.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Toratorn

@noone1996: interesting. Though I distinctly remember classic Savage Hulk no-selling her sword once. Any chance you have scans of these encounters?

I might go through all of Sif's appearances at some point in the future. I checked a couple of her modern appearances and the best thing I found so far was her hurting BRB with a tackle and restraining him in Journey into Mystery #655. No idea how consistent this is for her.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Noone1996

@toratorn: I'm pretty sure this was her actual first appearance:

Here's another instance where she got into a brief scuffle with Hulk:

Here are the scans of her fighting Thor:

She does really well against Thor when she meets him.

Here are the Rulk scans too:

Hulk withstanding her sword is just a feat for him. Wouldn't say it's an anti-feat or anything. She also scratched up the Serpent's Destroyer armor. Wolverine was even shown not being capable of cutting it. I doubt Sif has feats like this, but maybe I'm wrong.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: pretty impressive. I'm also pretty sure she stomped a team that had She-Hulk, Thundra and Captain Marvel on it, though I'm not sure if Valkyrie was operating on her usual power levels. I think she was also losing to Skurge that one time.

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jrupert1

Val under normal circumstances is a bit stronger, faster, and more skilled (particularly with a sword). They actually had a sparring match, hand to hand, that Val won (Val was testing Sif who acted more as the aggressor with something to prove).

I say under normal circumstances because when her original self was unleashed (the character has a very complicated history) she struck out in a rage and cleared through a gauntlet of female superheroes that included (but not limited to) the likes of Captain Marvel and She Hulk (from Fearless Defenders).

As for that showing of Sif and Bill, Sif didn't exactly do much to Bill except tackle him and hold him down, but he wasn't struggling against her.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn: Do you have scans of that instance? Also, yeah it seemed like she was definitely struggling against Skurge. Still, I think he's no slouch anyway.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: can't post it right now, but it happened in Fearless Defenders #6.

@jrupert1: I mean, it wasn't much, but Bill was hurt by that tackle (judging from his "HUNHH" grunt) and was unable to get up when she pinned him and needed to ask her to let him up. Might be a high end feat for her, but a feat nonetheless.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn: Valkyrie also lost to a mind-controlled Ms. Marvel and Protector before as well:

No Caption Provided

Secret Avengers 27.

So I'm not sure how much sense it makes for her to be team busting several mid tiers at once.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Toratorn

@noone1996: wow, that's pretty bad. Anyway, like I said, it seemed like she was operating above her usual power level in that instance. Something akin to Warrior Madness, I guess. Don't know the specifics though, didn't read the rest of the series.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn: She was probably amped while transformed into that rage mode or whatever that was. Either that or it's an outlier.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone1996: perhaps. Then again, if she could give a semblance of a fight to Thor and pressure-point Hulk, it doesn't really seem that outlandish for her to beat up a couple of mids. Then again, I have no idea if she was amped or how powerful she is consistently.

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jrupert1

@toratorn said:

@noone1996: can't post it right now, but it happened in Fearless Defenders #6.

@jrupert1: I mean, it wasn't much, but Bill was hurt by that tackle (judging from his "HUNHH" grunt) and was unable to get up when she pinned him and needed to ask her to let him up. Might be a high end feat for her, but a feat nonetheless.

The thing is he didn't look like he was trying to force her off of him. Grunts in comics can mean something or be completely meaningless. It's just a reaction and doesn't necessarily mean pain. It can still be something, but if it is then it's an outlier, otherwise I don't see why it wouldn't be within the realm of her normal ability.

And yeah, she was kind of amped in her Fearless Defenders showing. But it was more a rage amp after her original self (memories/personality) emerged so it was still technically her power, just stretched further than before.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jrupert1: I disagree that grunts are completely meaningless, most of the time they show that a character in question is struggling with something. In that particular case, he seems to have been hurt somewhat by a tackle. As for Bill having a free arm, you should look closer at the scan - his right arm was held by Sif's arm while his left was pinned by her leg. It might as well be an outlier, I have no idea what other feats Sif has anyway.

So it was less like an amp and more like a simple bloodlust? Interesting.

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jrupert1

@toratorn: I didn't say they are meaningless I said they can be. Characters grunt a lot, and it doesn't always mean pain, it could just as easily be a reaction in surprise. She grunted too when she tackled him, doesn't mean she hurt herself doing it. And yeah, I took a second look at the scan after posting my initial reply, you just beat me to the edit. But yeah, Sif has strength a bit above the average Asgardian female which still isn't in the 100 ton range, Bill should be able to toss her if he wanted. But who knows, Val has kicked Hulk and he said it hurt, comics are like that sometimes.

Sort of but with Val nothing is simple. In the past her and the other Valyrie started to succumb to a sort of madness (a bloodlust from their time and roles on the battlefield). It was when her Doom Maiden (madness) personality came forth that she basically stomped all the other female heroes. Her anger has been a trigger before, making her perform better, like way back in the first Defenders series when she faced off with Amora in a one on one, but I don't think she could just get mad Hulk style and have her abilities increase like that. It would need to be equivalent to the bloodlust there which bordered insanity,

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jrupert1: so it's basically like Thor's Warrior Madness, but more situational? Meaning she can't access that state normally and needs some serious external trigger to get this mad?

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn said:

@jrupert1: so it's basically like Thor's Warrior Madness, but more situational? Meaning she can't access that state normally and needs some serious external trigger to get this mad?

Probably a good way of putting it. If only the character hadn't seemingly been forgotten by Marvel after Fearless Defenders we might have received a definitive answer (as the Doom Maiden lore was new). But she will be in War of The Realms, and she has a series coming, written by Aaron. Which means we can't have much in the way of expectations.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Toratorn

@jrupert1: oh well. One can only hope.

She is, btw, currently featured in Asgardians of the Galaxy comic.

jrupert1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn: You could forgive me for having missed that one, and for having low expectations. Having said that, provided you have read any of it... is it decent?

Avatar image for eternalcelestial
EternalCelestial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Valkyrie- She has more impressive feats, is the better combatant, and I'm sue Aragorn could be of some help.

Avatar image for eternalcelestial
EternalCelestial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jrupert1 said:

@toratorn: You could forgive me for having missed that one, and for having low expectations. Having said that, provided you have read any of it... is it decent?

It's decent...that's about all. I was expecting it to be a lot worse but it's OK in my opinion.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Valkyrie.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jrupert1: it's... average, I guess? Not horrible and not spectacular, IMO.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bc436ce52fe
deactivated-60bc436ce52fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for sar_annihilator
SAR_Annihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers