Giyu def wins round 2

Escrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Escrow

I'd say R1 is a toss-up, and like everyone above has said, Giyu wins R2.

Both seemed to be praised on the same level by Akaza. Rengoku did die, but Giyu had Tanjiro to assist so he had lesser direct clashes.

Marked Giyu was going toe-to-toe against a more serious Akaza for an extended amount of time.

Senate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Rengoku for having better showings against Akaza.

Round 2: Giyu for reasons stated above.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd3a2d04b3e1
deactivated-5fd3a2d04b3e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rengoku stomps R1

and Gets stomped R2

gogito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegodmadara: wheres "Rengoku looks better" at😂😂😂😭😭😭

OT Giyu stomps

BrodoSwaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BrodoSwaggins

Second round isn’t really fair, as pretty much any marked pillar could beat an unmarked pillar.

As for round 1, I give it to Rengoku. They are both fairly equal in speed and skill, but Rengoku definitely has a higher AP, and thus overpowers him. Come to think of it, he might have somewhat of a chance against marked Giyu whence he goes Purgatory, and starts making explosions the size of buildings.

No Caption Provided

In general, I believe Rengoku to be the stronger pillar.

CyberBlades22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Rengoku

R2: Can go either way but I'm leaning towards Giyuu due to mark

gogito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This battle is a really good battle to discuss.

Personally I have Giyu over Rengoku.

From what I've seen. Both Rengoku and Giyu did very well against Akaza. Most people put Rengoku above Giyu mainly because a stronger Tanjiro fought with Giyu. But thats not what's put Rengoku>Giyu. In the beginning of the fight, Giyu literally saves Tanjiro 2 times, and after Giyu got the mark, Tanjiro was just observing the whole duel between Giyu and Akaza. He only interrupted once after Giyu got the mark. So that point is moot

There are feats from base Giyu that even exceeds base Rengoku's.

e.g When Akaza uses destructive kill: war style, Giyu easily nullifies it with eleventh form. And this was base Giyu.

Whereas in Rengoku's situation, his eye got crushed and so did his limbs. Meaning, Rengoku suffered Heavy damage from a similar attack whereas it nothing to Giyu.

(Yes I know how sad, It pains me to watch Rengoku in this state). But this clearly tells us that Rengoku is nowhere near Giyu when it comes to defense.

Also not to mention that Giyu was able to tank Akaza's strongest move 'end style" whereas Rengoku's 9th form purtagory wasn't strong enough to stop Akaza's "obliteration style". That was the attack that Rengoku got killed by, And Giyu tanked a stronger attack head on and still blitz'd Akaza at one point after he got heavily injured (When he saved Tanjiro after he fainted).

Akaza was also adapting to Giyus speed and strength, but none of this was mentioned during Rengoku. If Akaza had to adapt to Giyu, it further tells you that Giyu is more of a better and stronger fighter than Rengoku.

Granted rengoku almost cut deep into akaza's neck almost beheading him while also grabbing akaza's arm, which I feel is a feat base giyuu wouldn't be to do. I don't see why marked giyuu wouldn't be able to do if he was put in the same position. A marked giyuu lasted longer on a 1 on 1 duel with akaza and even outspeed him at one point.

Another thing people completely dismiss is that even if Somehow Rengoku was able to behead Akaza, Akaza would still be alive imo. So Akaza being beheaded doesn't even matter if Akaza can fight without a head. Rengoku wasn't gonna kill Akaza anyways.

These are numerous facts that puts Giyu>Rengoku

1. Giyu lasted longer than Rengoku, in which Akaza was even impressed and surprised by

2. Akaza had to adapt Giyu, meaning Giyu was stronger than Rengoku

3. Giyu tanked more attacks and has better stamina

BrodoSwaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gogito: It’s true that Giyu did some impressive things against Akaza that Rengoku never managed, but the thing is, all of those things happened only when he had the mark. Before then, he didn’t last a few minutes. They tussled for a little bit, then Akaza quickly did away with him with a single technique.

He was sent barreling through several walls, and did not rejoin the fight for several minutes afterward, bringing us to the conclusion that he was knocked unconscious. He would’ve reappeared much sooner if that wasn’t the case. If Akaza were not occupied with Tanjiro in that instance, he would have finished off Giyu‘s unconscious body, killing him in a fraction of the time it took to kill Rengoku. It may have not been a direct rescue, but Tanjiro’s presence in this scenario saved his rear not a minute into the fight. What you said about the things Giyu did was true, but none of it would’ve happened if not for Tanjiro. This already shows that against Akaza, marks aside, and 1 on 1, Rengoku was by far the better contender.

The only noticeable thing he did in his base form that Rengoku didn’t do was handle destructive kill war style attack in a better manner.

However, I don’t thinks this displays a power difference between the two so much as display a difference in fighting style. While Giyu avoided the attack, Rengoku met it head on. And when you meet head on with Akaza, it’s never going to turn out in your favor. His ferocity and power are too overwhelming, and that’s why Rengoku ended up taking the brunt of it. Giyu‘s move-set was much better equipped to handle Akaza’s attacks, and thus he escaped practically unscathed. Overall, in base form, I think Rengoku proves to be the stronger fighter.

gogito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brodoswaggins: Yeah I agree Rengoku is a better fighter when it comes to base. However, You can't really dismiss his feat when nullifying Akazas Destructive Kill War Style. Rengoku got his Eye and ribs crushed when Akaza used the same technique

It goes to Show you that Base Giyu has way better defence than Rengoku. Another Noticeable thing he did was when he saved Tanjiro From Akaza by cutting his arm.

And Base Giyu Also traded few blows against Akaza.

But it wasn't as much as Rengoku did. But when it comes to defensive Giyu is the better fighter even in base. But Rengoku stilled seemd the better fighter overall excluding Marked Giyu.

MatthewDrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no way Giyuu's base form is stronger than rengoku after what I have seen in the manga, Rengoku's battle power far exceeds giyuu in every way except when he gets his mark, I can't really say about this one cause we sadly didn't had the chance to witness rengoku have his own mark.

gogito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthewdrake: Its still debatable. Giyu was on a disadvantage against Akaza due to his many exp against fighting water pillars, and its hinted later on as to why Akaza was able to aniticipate Giyu's movements.

Also not to forget that Base Giyu casually negg diffed War style whereas Rengoku suffered heavy damage from it lol. Further showing us that Base Giyu's defence>>>>Rengoku's

Don't get me wrong, I do believe Rengoku is stronger than Giyu in Base, but the gap is very short. Marked Giyu slaps Base Rengoku

Boltg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imagine Giyuu instead of Rengoku in Mugen train. No concept of Mark.

I don't think so Giyuu alone could have stopped akaza for so long.

Unmarked Rengoku is clearly stronger than unmarked Giyuu.

But we have not seen Marked Rengoku because he can't Continue to live until the Mark concept was introduced.

Both are my favorite but Round 1 Rengoku should win.

Round 2 is ofcourse Clear. Giyuu will win.

Avatar image for deactivated-60a446e82d245
deactivated-60a446e82d245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big fan of DS.

R1: Goes to Rengoku - San

R2: Goes to Giyyu - San

CaoCao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boltg said:

Imagine Giyuu instead of Rengoku in Mugen train. No concept of Mark.

I don't think so Giyuu alone could have stopped akaza for so long.

Unmarked Rengoku is clearly stronger than unmarked Giyuu.

But we have not seen Marked Rengoku because he can't Continue to live until the Mark concept was introduced.

Both are my favorite but Round 1 Rengoku should win.

Round 2 is ofcourse Clear. Giyuu will win.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strange to see people underrate giyuu so much.

R1: Rengoku

R2: Giyuu

gogito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first round is debatable, many people seem to downplay Giyu in Base, but actually he blitzed 2 times despite having his compass active, and casually negg diffed War style whereas Rengoku took massive damage from it.

Although I'd still give the first round to Rengoku but now way in hell it's an easy match

Round 2 Giyu should stomp

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rengoku for R1, Giyu for R2

Domnguyen30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers