#2 frozen  Moderator

Maul wrecks both rounds.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Lmao, what's this mismatch? Maul stomps.

Avatar image for daddyprometheus
DaddyPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By DaddyPrometheus

Kylo Ren takes this, he's more skilled than TPM Maul (who got pushed by Kenobi and Jinn), and Season 7 Maul isn't as balanced as his TPM self despite growing more powerful in the Force, and his Force power is inferior anyway, so there's nothing he can do to Kylo.

Maul got beaten by Ahsoka, after all, who would get stomped by Kylo, the Season 7 round would be even easier than the TPM round, Kylo wrecks him, Maul would ask for mercy.

Avatar image for son_ofthe_force
Son_ofthe_force

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kylo Ren takes this, he's more skilled than TPM Maul (who got pushed by Kenobi and Jinn), and Season 7 Maul isn't as balanced as his TPM self despite growing more powerful in the Force, and his Force power is inferior anyway, so there's nothing he can do to Kylo.

Maul got beaten by Ahsoka, after all, who would get stomped by Kylo, the Season 7 round would be even easier than the TPM round, Kylo wrecks him, Maul would ask for mercy.

No Caption Provided

Son_ofthe_force

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude you need to think that Darth Maul was almost beaten by Pre Vyzla... I mean Kylo would stomp both of them by force freezing them lol. Maul is inquisitor level not more no less.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#7 frozen  Moderator

Kylo Ren takes this, he's more skilled than TPM Maul (who got pushed by Kenobi and Jinn),

He doesn't have a single skill showing to suggest that he is more skilled than TPM Maul. Getting pressed by Kenobi and Jinn isn't an anti feat, that's a testament to his skill.

Fighting two skilled Jedi at the same time isn't something that Kylo has ever done:

No Caption Provided

Also, Jinn was the only one who was really pressing him up until that point. He was blocking their combined strike with one arm:

No Caption Provided

Even in terms of accolades, he has Kylo beat as far as skill goes:

''One of the most skilled and deadly warriors in Sith history, Darth Sidious's apprentice was to be the First Sith openly encountered by the Jedi Order for more than 1,000 years.'' ~ The Official Star Wars Fact File Remake #001 (2014)

And:

''One of the deadliest, most efficiently trained Sith in the Order's history.'' ~ Source: Ultimate Star Wars (2015)

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By frozen  Moderator
@son_ofthe_force said:

Dude you need to think that Darth Maul was almost beaten by Pre Vyzla... I mean Kylo would stomp both of them by force freezing them lol. Maul is inquisitor level not more no less.

What is this nonsense?

A holding back post prime Maul was comfortably fighting 3 inquisitors at the same time in Rebels. He then later went on to wreck them.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SonOfDarkness

Prime Kylo is more impressive, IMO. He wins.

I think they are pretty close though.

Son_ofthe_force

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:
@son_ofthe_force said:

What is this nonsense?

A holding back post prime Maul was comfortably fighting 3 inquisitors at the same time in Rebels. He then later went on to wreck them.

No Caption Provided

This holding back Maul? boai he got beaten by a blind dude lol

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 frozen  Moderator
Avatar image for jedisympathiz3r
JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: don’t forget these:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

These are some decent statements too.

JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@son_ofthe_force: Kylo got restrained by one Praetorian Guard. Kylo is Fodder imho

Son_ofthe_force

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Son_ofthe_force

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OT: Maul’s superior dueling ability wins him both rounds. Maul’s durability will help him keep fighting if Kylo ragdolls him.

JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 frozen  Moderator

@son_ofthe_force: Kylo got restrained by one Praetorian Guard. Kylo is Fodder imho

Also got solo'd by an untrained force user who had never held a lightsaber.

Inb4 he says "she downloaded his training" or whatever the crappy retcon was. It's just funny to post when others play the lowball game:

No Caption Provided

DaddyPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DaddyPrometheus

@frozen: Kylo did solo the KoR and fight the Pretorian Guards, also killing Ren, the leader of the Knights vastly pre-prime, those are good dueling feats.

He also stomped Rey in TROS, Rey, who before all that stole Kylo's memories when they linked their minds and went on to train a bit in Ach-To, and train one full year with Leia to gain more skill and learn esoteric techniques, and was still shown to be a prodigy in combat and the Force even before training (probably due to her Dyad connection to Kylo and her Palpatine lineage), despite all that Kylo beat her swiftly (and he was stated in the novel that it was easy for him to defend against her).

Kylo was trained in Lightsaber combat by Luke and trained in the Force by both Luke and Snoke, he has his own unique Lightsaber style that is very refined (i believe it's a combination of Djem So/Shien, Shii-Cho and Makashi), shown by his ability to contend with multiple opponents at the same time and stomping the KoR, he knows Jar'Kai just like Maul does (shown by his fight with Snoke's Guards).

Not to mention that even while unbalanced, severely injured, and not fighting seriously, he stomped Finn in a duel, and remember that Finn was also trained in melee combat like all First Order troopers are, and "excelled" in it (shown in the "Before the Awakening" novel) not to mention that Finn was also capable of beating Phasma, yet Kylo stomped him melee, showing a great level of Lightsaber Skill even in a very bad circumstance, he also had the upper hand on Rey during that duel for the most part, before she got a Force amp he cornered her without much effort.

There's nothing to suggest he wasn't trained as much as any other Jedi, in fact he is stated many times to be a prodigy and Luke's "star student".

Maul has shown to be pressed by Jinn alone (when Kenobi got force pushed) , who is < Kylo, and also rivaled by Padawan Kenobi for a while, Kylo was credited many times to be skilled like his grandfather, Anakin, who is above Maul as well.

I feel you're only arguing that Kylo never faced anyone "skilled" because they don't "look" skilled.

Plus, Kylo's higher Force Power makes his victory assured against any form of Maul.

JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JediSympathiz3r

@daddyprometheus: Neither Kylo’s fights with TROS Rey or TFA Finn were stomps

He was not rivaled by base TPM Kenobi(who is knight level). And even with rage amped Kenobi he was caught off guard:

No Caption Provided

DaddyPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DaddyPrometheus

@jedisympathiz3r: Kylo was toying with Finn the whole time, shown by how casually he pushed him to the ground (then later ignored him for a while) and how easily he pinned him down against a tree.

The moment Kylo got serious he punched Finn ONE time and then slashed him and it was GG, how is that not a stomp?

And the fight with Rey, at first he was easily dodging her attacks, and later when she rebalanced he was still fighting very passively, shown by how he just waited for her to get up again.

JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JediSympathiz3r

@daddyprometheus: Finn tagged him and contended in a blade lock. Just because he was holding back doesn’t make it a stomp, ESB Luke Vs Vader wasn’t a stomp for example.

JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daddyprometheus: Rey was holding her own the whole duel. Compare their fight to Ren’s fight with the KOR, can you really say that TROS Kylo vs Rey was a stomp?

DaddyPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedisympathiz3r: It was a stomp, the moment Kylo got serious (after Finn touched him with a Lightsaber because Kylo was fooling around) he just punched and beat him in one slash.

JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daddyprometheus: Kylo stomped him in the end but the whole fight itself wasn’t a stomp.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 frozen  Moderator

@daddyprometheus: No offence, but a lot of this just seems like descriptions of Kylo's backstory rather than his actual feats. It's good in theory, but it doesn't particuarly strike me as impressive. And honestly, citing the fact that he beat Finn just... isn't impressive to me.

If we want to just describe why things are impressive in theory, then I could write an essay on why Qui Gon and Kenobi are much more impressive, considering the fact that they were highly skilled Jedi at the time of the order's prime.

Anyway, as I said before, being pressed by Qui Gon isn't an anti feat. At all. Qui Gon was a council level member, and the only reason he wasn't on the council is because he refused to join in Master and Apprentice. I'm not sure where this idea came from that being pressed by a highly skilled Jedi is somehow an anti feat? His training is directly attributed to Obi Wan's skill:

"From Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan gained the skills and the wisdom that would serve him so well as a Jedi and as a military leader during the Clone Wars.'' ~ Source: Age of Republic - Qui-Gon Jinn (2019)

In fact, this speed feat from Qui Gon is better than anything I've seen from Kylo. From his one-shot comic appearance, he deflects blasters from about 8-9 multi directional blasts while also holding a woman with one arm and also not even looking at the blasts. If you look at the first page, its possible that it could have been upwards of 20 blasters given how many guards are present:

The only time when Kenobi rivalled him was his rage amp. And he still basically lost. Padawan Kenobi was already quickly on his way to becoming a knight. Without the rage amp, he was getting handled by Maul considering Maul kicked him away.

No Caption Provided

He does that more than once in the same fight.

Anakin is > Maul, but Kylo doesn't equal Anakin. I've seen the light saber quote you're referring to, and it doesn't scale them to having equal skill. It's a huge reach. Also, I'm sceptical on whether Kylo even has that much of an advantage in the force, considering Maul's hyperdrive feat is arguably better than anything Kylo has done.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@frozen:

@jedisympathiz3r said:

@daddyprometheus: Kylo stomped him in the end but the whole fight itself wasn’t a stomp.

I just don't understand how beating Finn is supposed to be impressive.. compared to other Jedi and Sith, it's just... not noteworthy.

DaddyPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DaddyPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DaddyPrometheus

@frozen: You said there was no way Kylo was defeating trained opponents, and i showed you feats of him vs trained opponents: vs KoR, vs TROS Rey (who was already prodigious before training), vs Snoke's Guards, vs Finn (excelled in melee combat by the very text), vs Ren, that was my main point, he has faced trained fighters.

The only part where i went on a bit about Kylo's backstory was to examine his training, since you think Kylo is an amateur or something, when he's not, he was trained by two of the most knowledgable and powerful Force Weilders, so he is not out of his league against trained Jedi, that's nonsense, Kylo can duel and defeat both Jinn and Kenobi, and his Lightsaber form is just as refined as Maul and in my opinion more well-rounded and lethal, if anything i would say it's more effective in his use of channeled Force Abilities to his Lightsaber attacks.

Maul's hyperdrive feat isn't as impressive as Kylo's feats of Force Freezing a Force Sensitive, or his pre-prime Force Storm against the KoR and Ren himself, things Kylo did more casually than Maul's feat, and going by statements and scaling Kylo is above Maul in the Force, there is no question about it imo.

LevTarkovski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

Maul wrecks both rounds.

Avatar image for deactivated-60f8a948a0372
deactivated-60f8a948a0372

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth Maul both rounds.

Son_ofthe_force

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@daddyprometheus: No offence, but a lot of this just seems like descriptions of Kylo's backstory rather than his actual feats. It's good in theory, but it doesn't particuarly strike me as impressive. And honestly, citing the fact that he beat Finn just... isn't impressive to me.

If we want to just describe why things are impressive in theory, then I could write an essay on why Qui Gon and Kenobi are much more impressive, considering the fact that they were highly skilled Jedi at the time of the order's prime.

Anyway, as I said before, being pressed by Qui Gon isn't an anti feat. At all. Qui Gon was a council level member, and the only reason he wasn't on the council is because he refused to join in Master and Apprentice. I'm not sure where this idea came from that being pressed by a highly skilled Jedi is somehow an anti feat? His training is directly attributed to Obi Wan's skill:

"From Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan gained the skills and the wisdom that would serve him so well as a Jedi and as a military leader during the Clone Wars.'' ~ Source: Age of Republic - Qui-Gon Jinn (2019)

In fact, this speed feat from Qui Gon is better than anything I've seen from Kylo. From his one-shot comic appearance, he deflects blasters from about 8-9 multi directional blasts while also holding a woman with one arm and also not even looking at the blasts. If you look at the first page, its possible that it could have been upwards of 20 blasters given how many guards are present:

The only time when Kenobi rivalled him was his rage amp. And he still basically lost. Padawan Kenobi was already quickly on his way to becoming a knight. Without the rage amp, he was getting handled by Maul considering Maul kicked him away.

No Caption Provided

He does that more than once in the same fight.

Anakin is > Maul, but Kylo doesn't equal Anakin. I've seen the light saber quote you're referring to, and it doesn't scale them to having equal skill. It's a huge reach. Also, I'm sceptical on whether Kylo even has that much of an advantage in the force, considering Maul's hyperdrive feat is arguably better than anything Kylo has done.

YOU ARE SAYING THAT THE SHIT MAUL DID WITH THE HYPERDRIVE IS FAR BETTER THAN A FORCE STORM? OKAY.

Kylo can do that too if he has more force power than the dude who doesn´t know how to die.

No Caption Provided

that gif is the most impressive feat MAUL has...

DaddyPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

both are fodder, sheev stomps.

dathvada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kylo overwhelms with drastically superior force power.

Son_ofthe_force

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DaddyPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SheevSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12 said:

Lmao, what's this mismatch? Maul stomps.

this

Maul stomps both rounds

SheevSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: Kylo did solo the KoR and fight the Pretorian Guards, also killing Ren, the leader of the Knights vastly pre-prime, those are good dueling feats.

He also stomped Rey in TROS, Rey, who before all that stole Kylo's memories when they linked their minds and went on to train a bit in Ach-To, and train one full year with Leia to gain more skill and learn esoteric techniques, and was still shown to be a prodigy in combat and the Force even before training (probably due to her Dyad connection to Kylo and her Palpatine lineage), despite all that Kylo beat her swiftly (and he was stated in the novel that it was easy for him to defend against her).

Kylo was trained in Lightsaber combat by Luke and trained in the Force by both Luke and Snoke, he has his own unique Lightsaber style that is very refined (i believe it's a combination of Djem So/Shien, Shii-Cho and Makashi), shown by his ability to contend with multiple opponents at the same time and stomping the KoR, he knows Jar'Kai just like Maul does (shown by his fight with Snoke's Guards).

Not to mention that even while unbalanced, severely injured, and not fighting seriously, he stomped Finn in a duel, and remember that Finn was also trained in melee combat like all First Order troopers are, and "excelled" in it (shown in the "Before the Awakening" novel) not to mention that Finn was also capable of beating Phasma, yet Kylo stomped him melee, showing a great level of Lightsaber Skill even in a very bad circumstance, he also had the upper hand on Rey during that duel for the most part, before she got a Force amp he cornered her without much effort.

There's nothing to suggest he wasn't trained as much as any other Jedi, in fact he is stated many times to be a prodigy and Luke's "star student".

Maul has shown to be pressed by Jinn alone (when Kenobi got force pushed) , who is < Kylo, and also rivaled by Padawan Kenobi for a while, Kylo was credited many times to be skilled like his grandfather, Anakin, who is above Maul as well.

I feel you're only arguing that Kylo never faced anyone "skilled" because they don't "look" skilled.

Plus, Kylo's higher Force Power makes his victory assured against any form of Maul.

Why on Earth is any of this supposed to be impressive???? Finn is a fodder level combatant. Maul could quite literally blitz and put a fist through Finn. Irrelevant feat. Being trained in melee combat in the first order doesn't mean shit to Maul who was among the most skilled sith in the order's history. Finn = fodder.

SheevSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@daddyprometheus:

You said there was no way Kylo was defeating trained opponents, and i showed you feats of him vs trained opponents: vs KoR, vs TROS Rey (who was already prodigious before training), vs Snoke's Guards, vs Finn (excelled in melee combat by the very text), vs Ren, that was my main point, he has faced trained fighters.

I said that he has not faced many trained force users. Aside from Rey, who is one of the least skilled Jedi we've seen thus far, it's true.

Anyway, citing the fact that he beat Finn is unimpressive. In fact, I'm surprised you actually even brought that up ~ because that is if anything, a low feat for Kylo. Finn was a stormtrooper with basic training, and he got wrecked by a stormtrooper with a lightsaber resistant weapon. Either way, any average Jedi or Sith would utterly destroy Finn. An average Jedi Padawan would destroy Finn. The dude was very vaguely force sensitive and had never held a lightsaber before the events of TFA.

He should be complete fodder to any trained force sensitive. On this note, he was fodderized by a Rathtar in The Force Awakens:

No Caption Provided

Pre TPM Maul on the other hand, manhandled one so hard that it broke the tree it was attaching itself too:

No Caption Provided

Even the Knights of Ren are arguably untrained in the ways of the force. In fact, the Star Wars data bank states that one of its members was completely untrained in the dark side of the force:

No Caption Provided

They're at best, low level inquisotors. To boot, they didn't even have light sabers when facing Kylo. All they had was light saber resistant weapons. I'm not sure why facing featless fodder is supposed to be as impressive as facing two highly trained jedi, one of which who was quickly approaching Knight level and the other who was one of the best duelists in the order.

The only part where i went on a bit about Kylo's backstory was to examine his training, since you think Kylo is an amateur or something, when he's not, he was trained by two of the most knowledgable and powerful Force Weilders, so he is not out of his league against trained Jedi, that's nonsense,

I don't consider him an amateur. I'm just making a point that his showings are not really that impressive from a skill perspective. Much of this is due to the fact that he hasn't faced very skilled force users. ROTJ Luke for example, had only trained for several years, yet was more skilled than the majority of the prequel era jedi. We can discern that from scaling.

Your example doesn't quite hold up. Simply being trained by the best doesn't mean that you can contend with others if the feats don't hold up. Most of the Jedi during Order 66 were trained by Yoda. That didn't stop them from getting fodderized by Knightfall Vader.

Every time we have seen him display less than adequate skill, e.g. against Luke, it's either excused or explained away as "bad choreography", despite the fact that Luke was performing wushu style matrix spins in the same scene.

Kylo can duel and defeat both Jinn and Kenobi,

I disagree. Either would beat him.

On this point, I'm still not sure why being pressed by Qui Gon is an anti feat. He was one of the most skilled Jedi of the TPM order. In addition to this, I posted a speed feat which is far above anything we've seen from Kylo. Casually deflecting 30 or so multi-directional blaster bolts while carrying someone on his back and not even looking is an incredible speed feat, and TPM Maul scales above that Qui Gon in speed.

If you really want to make the training argument (which I personally see as pointless, but I'll indulge), Qui Gon was nearing 50 and had trained since he was a child. To boot, he had been trained by Count Dooku and likely Yoda at times too (as all PT Jedi were). Obi on the other hand, Obi was 25 in TPM and had also trained since a child. He was nearing Jedi Knight level.

Not only have I pointed out that Maul was taking them both on at the same time, but he was even shown to block Obi's strike despite Obi being behind him. This was while he was focused on Qui Gon:

No Caption Provided

On the topic of force power:

Maul's hyperdrive feat isn't as impressive as Kylo's feats of Force Freezing a Force Sensitive, or his pre-prime Force Storm against the KoR and Ren himself, things Kylo did more casually than Maul's feat, and going by statements and scaling Kylo is above Maul in the Force, there is no question about it imo

How did Kylo do things more casually than Maul did, if he was straining when he performed the force storm? I've seen the feat you're referring to, and he wasn't even aware of how he performed it. He never used it again either, so I doubt it's really that combat applicable. And force freezing what seemed to be an unbalanced Rey doesn't strike me as impressive. Especially considering she is not that skilled.

Maul's hyperdrive feat is much more quantifiable and can be calculated to a higher level.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Maul has better Force Feats and is a way better Duelist. Beating TPM Obi-Wan + Qui Gon > Losing to 3 Praetorian Guards.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 frozen  Moderator

@daddyprometheus: Didn't tag you properly in my post. Edited it but not sure if you got the tag.

Son_ofthe_force

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subline said:

Maul has better Force Feats and is a way better Duelist. Beating TPM Obi-Wan + Qui Gon > Losing to 3 Praetorian Guards.

But prime kylo ren fights with djem so, knows ataru, uses shii-cho and the djem so form is make to counter styles like the one maul had in TPM and aslo Kylo uses niiman wich is the ability to use force techniques while fighting, and kylo has shown more fluidity doing that than maul, simply put, kylo destroys maul in lightsabers, not to mention maul is more weaker in the force and can´t even break free of Ahsoka's force grip what a weak boi. How is he going to break free of Kylo´s force grip, force freeze and force choke lol.

Son_ofthe_force

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@daddyprometheus:

You said there was no way Kylo was defeating trained opponents, and i showed you feats of him vs trained opponents: vs KoR, vs TROS Rey (who was already prodigious before training), vs Snoke's Guards, vs Finn (excelled in melee combat by the very text), vs Ren, that was my main point, he has faced trained fighters.

I said that he has not faced many trained force users. Aside from Rey, who is one of the least skilled Jedi we've seen thus far, it's true.

Anyway, citing the fact that he beat Finn is unimpressive. In fact, I'm surprised you actually even brought that up ~ because that is if anything, a low feat for Kylo. Finn was a stormtrooper with basic training, and he got wrecked by a stormtrooper with a lightsaber resistant weapon. Either way, any average Jedi or Sith would utterly destroy Finn. An average Jedi Padawan would destroy Finn. The dude was very vaguely force sensitive and had never held a lightsaber before the events of TFA.

He should be complete fodder to any trained force sensitive. On this note, he was fodderized by a Rathtar in The Force Awakens:

No Caption Provided

Pre TPM Maul on the other hand, manhandled one so hard that it broke the tree it was attaching itself too:

No Caption Provided

Even the Knights of Ren are arguably untrained in the ways of the force. In fact, the Star Wars data bank states that one of its members was completely untrained in the dark side of the force:

No Caption Provided

They're at best, low level inquisotors. To boot, they didn't even have light sabers when facing Kylo. All they had was light saber resistant weapons. I'm not sure why facing featless fodder is supposed to be as impressive as facing two highly trained jedi, one of which who was quickly approaching Knight level and the other who was one of the best duelists in the order.

The only part where i went on a bit about Kylo's backstory was to examine his training, since you think Kylo is an amateur or something, when he's not, he was trained by two of the most knowledgable and powerful Force Weilders, so he is not out of his league against trained Jedi, that's nonsense,

I don't consider him an amateur. I'm just making a point that his showings are not really that impressive from a skill perspective. Much of this is due to the fact that he hasn't faced very skilled force users. ROTJ Luke for example, had only trained for several years, yet was more skilled than the majority of the prequel era jedi. We can discern that from scaling.

Your example doesn't quite hold up. Simply being trained by the best doesn't mean that you can contend with others if the feats don't hold up. Most of the Jedi during Order 66 were trained by Yoda. That didn't stop them from getting fodderized by Knightfall Vader.

Every time we have seen him display less than adequate skill, e.g. against Luke, it's either excused or explained away as "bad choreography", despite the fact that Luke was performing wushu style matrix spins in the same scene.

Kylo can duel and defeat both Jinn and Kenobi,

I disagree. Either would beat him.

On this point, I'm still not sure why being pressed by Qui Gon is an anti feat. He was one of the most skilled Jedi of the TPM order. In addition to this, I posted a speed feat which is far above anything we've seen from Kylo. Casually deflecting 30 or so multi-directional blaster bolts while carrying someone on his back and not even looking is an incredible speed feat, and TPM Maul scales above that Qui Gon in speed.

If you really want to make the training argument (which I personally see as pointless, but I'll indulge), Qui Gon was nearing 50 and had trained since he was a child. To boot, he had been trained by Count Dooku and likely Yoda at times too (as all PT Jedi were). Obi on the other hand, Obi was 25 in TPM and had also trained since a child. He was nearing Jedi Knight level.

Not only have I pointed out that Maul was taking them both on at the same time, but he was even shown to block Obi's strike despite Obi being behind him. This was while he was focused on Qui Gon:

No Caption Provided

On the topic of force power:

Maul's hyperdrive feat isn't as impressive as Kylo's feats of Force Freezing a Force Sensitive, or his pre-prime Force Storm against the KoR and Ren himself, things Kylo did more casually than Maul's feat, and going by statements and scaling Kylo is above Maul in the Force, there is no question about it imo

How did Kylo do things more casually than Maul did, if he was straining when he performed the force storm? I've seen the feat you're referring to, and he wasn't even aware of how he performed it. He never used it again either, so I doubt it's really that combat applicable. And force freezing what seemed to be an unbalanced Rey doesn't strike me as impressive. Especially considering she is not that skilled.

Maul's hyperdrive feat is much more quantifiable and can be calculated to a higher level.

Kylo did not used the storm in the movies because the comic came after episode 9, but if he can do the force storm with 15 years i think he can do it with 30 and in his prime. Also Kylo fights using advance Djem so, niiman, shii-cho and knows ataru, so he knows the posibly moves from jinn and his style is perfect to counter both padawan and apprentice, also he has more physical feats than those two and more force power being a better user of the dark side than maul was.

DaddyPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DaddyPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedisympathiz3r: That deleted scene isn't evidence of Maul > Kylo, the scene is dubiously Canon to begin with and Sidious is obviously way above Maul, him choking Sidious one time in a deleted scene doesn't prove he can ragdoll anyone in that level or that he is even comparable, since he couldn't do the same to Dooku, who is <<<< Sidious, so the scene is already inconsistent to begin with.

DaddyPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DaddyPrometheus

For some reason i can't edit my post so i'll say it in a new one, sorry lol:

The scene itself isn't immediate proof for Maul > Kylo, that's my point, at least he should try to develop his point further, as it stands, it's a very weak argument, it's not a fact.

SheevSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedisympathiz3r: That deleted scene isn't evidence of Maul > Kylo, the scene is dubiously Canon to begin with and Sidious is obviously way above Maul, him choking Sidious one time in a deleted scene doesn't prove he can ragdoll anyone in that level or that he is even comparable, since he couldn't do the same to Dooku, who is <<<< Sidious, so the scene is already inconsistent to begin with.

Dooku is are have >> Maul by better scale.

But both of they is >>>>>>> the sheev fodderious

SheevSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SheevSmacker
No Caption Provided

OT: Sheev losing to Maul and Sheev >>>>>> Ren of Kylo

@w4nkdestroyer you have quote for delete scene here being canon or no ?