This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Starwars91 (1 posts) 3 years, 3 months ago

Poll: Kylo Ren in Force Awakens vs. Palpatine in Return of the Jedi (67 votes)

Ren 15%
Palpatine 85%

Who wins this match?

#1 Posted by Prowlered01 (244 posts) - - Show Bio

Stop. With. The. Kylo. Threads.

#2 Posted by ValarMelkor (5165 posts) - - Show Bio

Palpatine stomps.

#3 Posted by Redzkz (3684 posts) - - Show Bio

Ren. Better feats. Palpatine doesn't even carry sword at that point and force lighting can be stopped by sword. And Ren have very big overcompensating class lightsaber. I liked how they stated in novel that Luke granted this lightsaber design to Ren so he would not feel bad that other students were better than him. If it's from Luke then it is uber.

#5 Posted by never give up (24994 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Redzkz (3684 posts) - - Show Bio

Palpatine slaughter stomps. He's still as good as he's always been, has force lightning, precog, saber skills and the works. These Kylo Rwn threads are getting out of hand. Almost as bad as DBZ and Saitama

He doesn't carry lightsaber anymore at this point. How is he supposed to win with just lighting?

#7 Posted by Static Shock (53021 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Redzkz (3684 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by Static Shock (53021 posts) - - Show Bio

@redzkz: Either way, it's wrong to assume that he can't use his other force powers simply because he chooses not to use them. He was tossing large floating platforms at Yoda with his Force powers. Might have been a different movie, but there's nothing to suggest he's unable to do so later on. I also don't recall him losing or discarding his lightsaber prior to Return of the Jedi.

EDIT: Palpatine used his Force powers to remove Luke's handcuffs in RotJ. Pretty sure he still has his powers to full effect.

#10 Posted by Redzkz (3684 posts) - - Show Bio

@redzkz: Either way, it's wrong to assume that he can't use his other force powers simply because he chooses not to use them. He was tossing large floating platforms at Yoda with his Force powers. Might have been a different movie, but there's nothing to suggest he's unable to do so later on. I also don't recall him losing or discarding his lightsaber prior to Return of the Jedi.

He never used that power in return of the jedi, even when he needed it. He also speak about lightsaber as of jedi weapon, which implies that he despise it.

#11 Posted by Static Shock (53021 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
#12 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (9130 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Redzkz (3684 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by buildhare (8618 posts) - - Show Bio

Post of the year.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
#15 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (9130 posts) - - Show Bio

@redzkz: Palpatine is more powerful. He was still more powerful than Vader by RoTJ

#16 Posted by stl9997 (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

Kylo was stated to be(basically) a Sith Padawan. Sidious by RotJ was far beyond that level. Kylo should only be used against characters of padawan level.... Sorry, the film states it.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
#17 Posted by echostarlord117 (5600 posts) - - Show Bio

@stl9997 said:

Kylo was stated to be(basically) a Sith Padawan.

In the movie? When?

#18 Posted by Static Shock (53021 posts) - - Show Bio

In the movie? When?

Ren wasn't even close to a Jedi master. Snoke stated toward the end of the film that Ren needed to complete his training. Padawans are still Jedis in training, right? There's a reason why Ren killed Han.....

I don't recall Ren being stated as a Padawan, but what Snoke said and why he had to kill Han Solo kind of insinuates that he's a Padawan.

#19 Posted by UFT (4533 posts) - - Show Bio

sidious

#20 Edited by myerlanski (2487 posts) - - Show Bio

Going BY feats when comparing purely what was seen in each film...comparing just the titles as stand alone films...like I had never seen the other films...

Got to say combat wise(IN JUST THE TWO FILMS BEING COMPARED HERE)...Kylo did more with the light saber and demonstrated better use of it...he also showed better use of telekinesis(laser stop, lifting Rey and stopping her arm)...

Palpatine(IN JUST THE TWO FILMS BEING COMPARED HERE)best feat is force lightning and at the time...no one demonstrated the ability to stop it...it wasn't until the second trilogy (my favorite so far) that showed the ability to use the light saber to attract the lightning...and I would argue that not everyone knows of this and that force lightning is much like everything else with the force...the better the connection to the force the greater the strength of the lightning...anyway

..Kylo has no feat against force lighting...that manage to take out Vader and injure Luke...going with the Emperor due to long range lightning attacks...

#21 Edited by thelocust619 (7854 posts) - - Show Bio

The Emperor converts Kylo ftw. Easily.

And yes, ik it's a battle/fight. I'm saying Kylo is so mentally vulnerable that it would be child's play for Palps, even mid fight. He had three different contingencies for converting Luke in the span of a single encounter and had a suprising chance (as Luke was genuinely conflicted), and he successfully converted Anakin mid fight. Granted these were were conditional, but Palps skill is apparent in that he has sired more underlings than anyone in the series by a ridiculous margin, and Kylo's vulnerabilities are both readily apparent and basically pre-conditioned for indoctrination. Hell, he'd want it lol.I'd wager he wouldn't have time to lay a single hit on the Emperor before he's kneeling, willingly devoting his life.

#22 Posted by decaf_wizard (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

If we count all the Cannon feats Sideous has until the Return of the Jedi, Sideous slaughterstomps. Even movie only Sideous slaughters

#23 Posted by sophia89 (19802 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by Jonez_ (11445 posts) - - Show Bio

EDIT: Palpatine used his Force powers to remove Luke's handcuffs in RotJ. Pretty sure he still has his powers to full effect.

OP specified that we're using the RotJ version of Sidious. That means his only applicable feats are those from RotJ.

I'd say it's a fair fight.

#25 Posted by InFamous_Wolf (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

Palpatine vs Kylo, really.....Kylo was out there losing to Finn and Rey. How is he going to possibly win against a Sith Master?

Kylo either gets stomped via Lightining or learns to fight by becoming Palpatine's new apprentice.

#26 Posted by decaf_wizard (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonez120: No its not. Luke at the time was stronger than Vader who Kylo was by his own admission weaker than and the Emperor still completely overwhelmed him with his lightning

#27 Posted by depinhom (13506 posts) - - Show Bio

Kylo doesn't stand a chance

#28 Posted by Hypnos0929 (6486 posts) - - Show Bio

@prophetvivec36: nothing is worst than OPM threads, they all are terrible.

On top Darth Sidious

#29 Edited by Static Shock (53021 posts) - - Show Bio
@jonez120 said:

OP specified that we're using the RotJ version of Sidious. That means his only applicable feats are those from RotJ.

It's not so much the version. The other guy literally tried to downplay Sidious as if he's weaker than shown to be in a previous film, especially when there's nothing indicating that his Force powers are weaker. The same Sidious in RotJ still held his own against Windu and Yoda. But, I digress. Smh...

At the same time, I'm not sure how its a fair fight when Kylo could barely beat a non-Force user and lost to another Force-sensitive individual with no experience. This isn't so much about Sidious, going based on that.

Whatever, though. If you think the fight is fair, by all means, you can think that.

#30 Posted by Frozen (21116 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonez120 said:

It's not so much the version. The other guy literally tried to downplay Sidious as if he's weaker than shown to be in a previous film, especially when there's nothing indicating that his Force powers are weaker. The same Sidious in RotJ still held his own against Windu and Yoda. But, I digress. Smh...

At the same time, I'm not sure how its a fair fight when Kylo could barely beat a non-Force user and lost to another Force-sensitive individual with no experience. This isn't so much about Sidious, going based on that.

Whatever, though. If you think the fight is fair, by all means, you can think that.

I agree, I don't really know where people are getting the idea that Sidious was weaker in ROTJ. Nothing of the sort indicated such.

#31 Posted by Erkan12 (8359 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by TheVivas (19264 posts) - - Show Bio

Sidious still wins.

#33 Posted by DarkRaiden (15466 posts) - - Show Bio

Sidious wins with his completely unstoppable force lightning. If we go by that movie's feats and Ren's lack of lightning countering feats.

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
#34 Edited by EmperorxHadesx420 (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

Emperor

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98875cd0f94
#35 Posted by deactivated-5a98875cd0f94 (2257 posts) - - Show Bio

Kylo Ren CURBSTOMPS. Sidious is a deformed, disfigured 86 year old that can barely walk and has all type of handicaps such as arthritis, rheumatisms, and spasms. Kylo Ren is in his physical prime. He is in his early 30s and he disarmed a HIGHLY trained former Stormtrooper while having been shot by Chewie's bowcaster. Chewie's bowcaster has sent stormtroopers flying. Stormtroopers are very skilled shooters. Ben Kenobi says so in ANH. Ben Kenobi is a god. Sidious got thrown around like a ragdoll by an elderly robot that was missing a hand. Ren blitzes. In saber dueling... Sidious doesn't even have a lightsaber. He is so slow he can't even dream of sidestepping Kylo's wild, well placed strikes that have disarmed a HIGHLY trained Stormtrooper. He was stomping Rey fine until he held back, wanting her to be his apprentice and Obi-Wan's Force Ghost helped her. Check The Nerd Vault. It's true. If Sidious has no weapon except his pathetic Force Lightning that did nothing to Luke after he was exposed to it for a minute, he is dead. Kylo can deflect and redirect Lightning at Sidious. Kylo Ren has stopped Poe Dameron and Poe's blaster shot in mid-air. NO ONE, not even Obi-Wan, Anakin, Luke or Windu have done this. Poe is the best starpilot in the galaxy. Ren has Force Choked a First Order officer and Force Pulled the officer to his hand. He froze Rey in mid-air and made her sleep forcibly after effortlessly swatting away her blaster bolts. Han Solo liked that blaster. That blaster was OP. He easily penetrated the mind of Poe Dameron, a highly experienced and crafted field agent. He threw Rey upwards into the sky and K.Od her for several minutes. Rey is the reincarnation of Anakin. She is the new Chosen One. So she has potential to be godlike. She still got ragdolled by Ren. Palpatine only demonstrated a SIMPLE application of the Force: opening Luke's handcuffs with the Force. Savage Opress, a tactless brute, has broken through harder handcuffs. Luke is a Skywalker so he is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Opress. He could have easily broken those handcuffs. He just had to feign capture. Also, in weaponry, Kylo stomps. Sidious ONLY has his old decrepit fists, while Kylo has his supercool crossguard lightsaber.

See? I have completely humiliated you Sidious wankers that say Kylo gets instakilled! It is SIDIOUS that gets instakilled! Kylo can beat him up, Force Choke him, physically strangle him, cut him down, Force Pull him into his saber...

No, seriously, what kind of nonsense is this battle? Sidious can kill Kylo in at least ten ways.

Lightsaber Stab

Lightsaber Decapitation

Force Choke

Force Crush heart

Force Lightning

Physical beating

Force Storm

Saber Throw

Freeze Kylo in midair and use TK to guide Ren's saber into his chest

Mind Tricking/controlling/compelling Kylo into committing suicide

#36 Posted by USSJ3071 (2529 posts) - - Show Bio

sheev

#37 Edited by Richard96 (5648 posts) - - Show Bio

Poor sucker Ren gets stomped like no other sucker like him has before

#38 Posted by Richard96 (5648 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by Richard96 (5648 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone who voted ren doesn't even know what SW is or he is a troll

#40 Posted by Necromancer76 (3769 posts) - - Show Bio

This is literally the lowest of the low. Putting the greatest Sith of all time against an untrained acolyte who was beaten by Rey. I mean COME ON. Everyone is obsessed with Kylo because he has a "cool mask." Does that mean all the sensible people need to rank Darth Jadus and Darth Marr higher than Sidious because they have cool masks too? No.

I understand this is a year old post, but people actually voted for Kylo. Why.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98875cd0f94
#41 Posted by deactivated-5a98875cd0f94 (2257 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for celestialknight
#42 Posted by CelestialKnight (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO. The creator of this thread literally made one post on the Vine and never came back. His 1st post ever is a sloppy lopsided mismatch.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#43 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11442 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesithmaster: I was getting worried when I was reading that post, then I saw the end.