• 79 results
Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
#1 Posted by TheNewBlueBeetle007 (4758 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle is composite Green Lantern with infinite power. Sentry is unstable.

No time manipulating. Morals off. Fight takes place on the blue area of the moon. Kyle and h'El will work together.

Avatar image for beware_my_power
#2 Posted by Beware_My_Power (4605 posts) - - Show Bio

@thenewbluebeetle007: Great fight! I can't decide...

Now we just wait for people to come in and call it a stomp...

Avatar image for maninthemountain
#3 Posted by ManInTheMountain (1706 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2

#4 Edited by vasu12360 (348 posts) - - Show Bio

team 1

#5 Posted by reaverlation (25842 posts) - - Show Bio

H'el teleports them to the sun,taking out Sentry but not Surfer for obvious reasons.Then Kyle beats Surfer on his own

#6 Posted by Cosmic_Lantern (5668 posts) - - Show Bio

H'el teleports them to the sun,taking out Sentry but not Surfer for obvious reasons.Then Kyle beats Surfer on his own

No lantern short of alan scott is beating a morals off surfer.

#8 Posted by green_skaar (12150 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1

Sentry being unstable cinches it for team 1

#9 Edited by ancient_god (6567 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by reaverlation (25842 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by johnfrank120 (6702 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1

#12 Edited by itsomething (3065 posts) - - Show Bio

stable sentry will bring a win but for now team 2 6/10

nvm, 5/10 surfer is morales off.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
#13 Posted by HeirToTheKingdom (9201 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by itsomething (3065 posts) - - Show Bio

@reaverlation: I don't think flying bob into the sun will so much as harm him

#15 Posted by DarkRaiden (15466 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2. Easy

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
#16 Posted by FirestormFate1919 (6216 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say team 1 in a close battle. He'l can probably take Surfer or at least hold him off for a while. He has the undoubtable speed advantage and if he lays enough punches out on Surfer it should keep him from utilizing his matter manipulation. Kyle should be able to take out Sentry with some synapsal manipulation. He can slow Sentry down and then take him out with some blasts of power. Eventually Sentry will turn human and Kyle finishes him. Then Kyle assists H'el in taking out Surfer.

#17 Posted by Nathaniel_Adam (3707 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2

#18 Posted by hatemalingsia (15494 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle's best feats as green lantern?

#19 Posted by TheNewBlueBeetle007 (4758 posts) - - Show Bio

@hatemalingsia: holding his own against zero hour parallax, creating and containing a supernova, creating constructs of the justice League with their full abilities, creating constructs that span multiple planets, took a blast from imperiex prime, which is equal in power to the big bang etc

#20 Posted by hatemalingsia (15494 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1.

Avatar image for solomonthenotsowise
#21 Edited by SolomonTheNotSoWise (851 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2. SS is a champ here bloodlusted allows him to do some crazy ftl stuff here. Sentry depending on how he's feeling could take out Hel(he did take out molecule man.) But then again he gets wrecked by people much weaker because he happens to be sad or had a bad lunch. Overall even with sentry being the sorta weakest link here I still see team 2 winning this.(edit: both guys on team 2 have high level matter manipulation.)

#22 Posted by Beware_My_Power (4605 posts) - - Show Bio

@solomonthenotsowise: Sentry does not have void or Deathseed on this fight. And on top of that he is unstable.

Sentry gets more powerful the more stable his emotions are. So, he might be angry in this fight, but unlike many characters fueld by rage, he actually gets weaker. And IIRC he doesn't have very good matter manip when he's unstable...

#23 Posted by Beware_My_Power (4605 posts) - - Show Bio

@solomonthenotsowise: I don't think sentry has very good matter manipulation when he's unstable. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure no void or Deathseed for him here...

#24 Posted by Kingant27 (16899 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 wins, Norrin has the potential to solo, with a lot of difficultly; and the Sentry just ensures the win.

@reaverlation: That is a biased set up, and Sentry isn't getting taken out that way, not to mention Norrin could beat either.

#25 Posted by reaverlation (25842 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Cream_God (15519 posts) - - Show Bio

Fabio Man and Mr Clean

#27 Posted by Kingant27 (16899 posts) - - Show Bio

@reaverlation: Yes, the set up etc was, not to mention Norrin would trash Kyle.

#28 Posted by tensor (8418 posts) - - Show Bio

Team one.Sentry is useless as unstable.

H'el could take Surfer.

#29 Edited by Sy8000 (35086 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle and H'el everytime.

#30 Posted by DrF8 (3309 posts) - - Show Bio

Kyle is composite Green Lantern with infinite power. Sentry is unstable.

No time manipulating. Morals off. Fight takes place on the blue area of the moon. Kyle and h'El will work together.

Team One

#31 Posted by Kingant27 (16899 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Sy8000 (35086 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're just going to say "lol" and provide no counterpoints or evidence then stop wasting my time.

#33 Posted by savage1 (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Still thinking this threw... but an unstable sentry turns into the void cuz he is unable to hold him back... close match either way

#34 Edited by Kingant27 (16899 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: Ok you say everytime, yet Norrin could take either, and possibly both, not to mention the Sentry is there to help aid him.

So Norrin takes any or both, with the Sentry as the other to help take them down, it's in there favour slightly; never mind the other 2 everytime.

#35 Posted by Sy8000 (35086 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: Ok you say everytime, yet Norrin could take either, and possibly both, not to mention the Sentry is there to help aid him.

So Norrin takes any or both, with the Sentry as the other to help take them down, it's in there favour slightly; never mind the other 2 everytime.

The problem is that Sentry can't run interference here. A morals off Kyle won't have an issue making planetary explosions, which Sentry does not have the durability to survive. H'el can also teleport him to the sun which has proven to be capable of killing Sentry. With Sentry gone, Norrin's left alone and his power is pretty much non-existent compared to the both of them.

I don't agree with Surfer beating Kyle honestly...Kyle knowns draining works on Silver Surfer or people with Surfer's powerset and won't hesitate to employ that knowledge, while Surfer isn't familiar with Kyle's capabilities in the slightest. It doesn't hurt that Kyle has an overall power advantage, and that Surfer doesn't typically open with his versatility.

Surfer can beat H'el, yes, but not without struggling intensely. People with worse physicals than H'el like Thor have stalemated or beaten Silver Surfer on virtue of that alone. Surfer won't be aware that draining will work on H'el and won't likely open up with it, or any of his exotic abilities for that matter, and Surfer has never beaten someone with H'el's physicals without falling back on his versatility

#36 Posted by Kingant27 (16899 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: Show me some planetary explosions, and what makes you so sure that the Sentry would pair up with Kyle etc.

The Sentry does have the duarability to survive, do you know about him, Kyle can't kill him etc, while the Sentry unstable could still take on WWH; and deal with his punches and asking for them etc.

The Sun wouldn't kill him, unless he wanted to die I believe @sophia89: @Realitywarper:

Norrin has the better draining.

lol morals off Norrin will destroy Kyle, his superior speed, blasts or whatever method will put him down, not to mention black holes, matter and molecular manipulation etc.

Norrin has Cosmic awareness etc, so he will be aware of this, and due to morals; he will effectively act upon this.

Norrin has dealt with the Hulk multiple times, and his versatility and how he relies on it, I don't get why your mentioning that; as why wouldn't he act upon it.

#37 Edited by Apocalypse3 (2641 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 no one can solo.

#38 Posted by sophia89 (19802 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by sophia89 (19802 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: Show me some planetary explosions, and what makes you so sure that the Sentry would pair up with Kyle etc.

The Sentry does have the duarability to survive, do you know about him, Kyle can't kill him etc, while the Sentry unstable could still take on WWH; and deal with his punches and asking for them etc.

The Sun wouldn't kill him, unless he wanted to die I believe @sophia89: @Realitywarper:

lol morals off Norrin will destroy Kyle, his superior speed, blasts or whatever method will put him down, not to mention black holes, matter and molecular manipulation etc.

Norrin has Cosmic awareness etc, so he will be aware of this, and due to morals; he will effectively act upon this.

Norrin has dealt with the Hulk multiple times, and his versatility and how he relies on it, I don't get why your mentioning that; as why wouldn't he act upon it.

The Sun can't kill Sentry unless he wants to die,he stayed in the Sun for years trying to die and failing at it.

As for his durability,it depends on how stable he is.

#40 Posted by TheNewBlueBeetle007 (4758 posts) - - Show Bio

@sophia89 said:

@thenewbluebeetle007: How unstable is Sentry?

Is this SS post upgrade or pre?

I know little about Sentry. I guess the most powerful unstable version?

Pre Annihilation.

#41 Posted by ManInTheMountain (1706 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Sy8000 (35086 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingant27:

Okay.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Oh no reason. I'm just pointing out they can both one-shot Sentry.

That seems more like a pain tolerance feat considering his face was mashed up and damaged horribly. Hulk was also holding back a good deal and likely not dishing out planet level blows. He was asking for more because he was f*cking crazy, not because he had the durability to take it.

The Sun already destroyed his body.

Doesn't really matter. Norrin is a glass cannon draining wise and it doesn't take very long to beat him that way. With Kyle he has to be drained from 100% to 0%, which takes a good deal of time, and it's not too much trouble for him to just recharge.

His speed isn't superior. Kyle can react at 7 times the speed of light. Surfer hasn't done anything to match that. None of those abilities can be adequately employed before he gets drained, and Surfer doesn't open with those anyway.

That's not how cosmic awarness works. It just gives him environmental awarness, not knowledge of weaknesses.

Most of his fights with Hulk happened decades ago. Where was his versality against Thor, Thanos or Gladiator and such? I'm sorry, he just doesn't open with it.

#43 Posted by Sy8000 (35086 posts) - - Show Bio

@sophia89 said:

The Sun can't kill Sentry unless he wants to die,he stayed in the Sun for years trying to die and failing at it.

Under these conditions, I'd be unsurprised if he did want to die. By his own admission the sun killed him countless times over and he just regenerated.

#44 Posted by sophia89 (19802 posts) - - Show Bio

@sophia89 said:

Under these conditions, I'd be unsurprised if he did want to die. By his own admission the sun killed him countless times over and he just regenerated.

In siege he wanted to die,bendis even said Bob knew things went really far and he wanted to commit suicide. In his funeral no one showed up,not even a priest,and despite some heroes showing up at the end of it it was mostly an act so they can pretend they aren't monsters that forced a crazy man to act like a hero then killed him when he broke down.

In DA 13,he tried to commit suicide,but failed and easily came back to Earth,in UA 11 he tells Thor the void got bored and left,if he wanted to come back he could have easily done so,he stayed there to punish himself.

All the heroes that showed up and said nice words were actually glad he is dead,Rogue was glad he was dead,IM&Luke were totally cool with killing him in siege,Cap never trusted him,Thor wanted him to stay dead,etc.

There was no reason to come back to a planet that was happy he was gone.

#45 Edited by NighThunder (7725 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser: Erm in the crossover didn't surfer willingly let kyle drain him?

And

That's not how cosmic awarness works. It just gives him environmental awarness, not knowledge of weaknesses.

Yes, that is how it works

No Caption Provided

His speed isn't superior. Kyle can react at 7 times the speed of light. Surfer hasn't done anything to match that. None of those abilities can be adequately employed before he gets drained, and Surfer doesn't open with those anyway.

A common misconception is surfer is slow. Firstly silver surfer is capable of flyingg and blitzing at multiple times the speed of light, and even while doing so his reactions are great enough so that he's able to map billions of stars

No Caption Provided

#46 Posted by ManInTheMountain (1706 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by Sy8000 (35086 posts) - - Show Bio

@nighthunder:

@highaccuser: Erm in the crossover didn't surfer willingly let kyle drain him?

I was referring to where Kyle drained Thanos and Parallax after they took the power of Oa and Surfer's power.

Yes, that is how it works

He never said that knowledge had to do with cosmic awareness.

A common misconception is surfer is slow. Firstly silver surfer is capable of flyingg and blitzing at multiple times the speed of light, and even while doing so his reactions are great enough so that he's able to map billions of stars

That's not a common misconception at all actually. Instances of Surfer displaying superluminal combat speed? And mapping a bunch of stars isn't really a reaction feat...he's just remembering what he's seeing.

#48 Posted by micah007123 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by Sy8000 (35086 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Edited by NighThunder (7725 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser:

I was referring to where Kyle drained Thanos and Parallax after they took the power of Oa and Surfer's power.

Then you'd have to look at some other instance of surfer specifically being drained and not someone who has the same power as him. Furthermore, surfers overloaded someone who's power was specifically to absorb

No Caption Provided

Kyle draining him wont do a thing.

He never said that knowledge had to do with cosmic awareness.

Surfer usually doesn't state he used his cosmic awareness whenever he uses it, however its a known ability he has and whenever he displays knowledge he previously has not had then it can easily be assumed he was using his cosmic awareness. Honestly you must be the only one who disagreed with such an obvious fact when presented that scan.

That's not a common misconception at all actually. Instances of Surfer displaying superluminal combat speed? And mapping a bunch of stars isn't really a reaction feat...he's just remembering what he's seeing.

He's able to remember and map stars whilst traveling at multiple times the speed of light is at the very least a processing speed feat. As for superluminal combat instances:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4