Kungfu Panda VS Spider-verse (team battle)

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Limitless82

Po and the Furious Five from the Kung Fu Panda franchise (no BFR, no spiritual dragon)

No Caption Provided

takes on

Mile Morales and the five spider-heroes from the Spider-man: Into The Spider-verse.

(update: Peter Parker have composite feats from Prime universe Peter and Alternative universe Peter)

No Caption Provided

on an all-out brawl. Take place in a spacious forest. 30 feet apart. Which team wins?

Avatar image for onlyoneempereor
OnlyOneEmpereor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e37510e25a10
deactivated-5e37510e25a10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Limitless82

@hermes1220: @onlyoneempereor: hmm interesting, why do you guys think team 1 can take it?

while I think team 1 is more skilled, team 2 have the range attack in the form of web-shooters.

OnlyOneEmpereor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@limitless82: I find there raw power to be way above the other team. If they’re going to be landing more attacks with their skill and arrow speed casual combat I think they easily pull out a win. How fast are team 2? I may be forgetting.

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hermes1220: @onlyoneempereor: Hmm I could be wrong but I think Po (and maybe Tigress, just maybe) is the only one that is definitively stronger than anyone from the spider team. The rest of Furious Five are skilled but not stronger.

Speed-wise, some members of the Spider team are no sloths either, there are machine gun dodging feats (possibly aim dodging but still...), fast web-swinging through dense forests, dodging all kind of chaotic debris during final battle etc. Not saying team 2 is better, but I do feel they are capable enough to go toe to toe against the KFP team, via their techs/gears/webs and spider instincts etc., plus Miles's insivibility and electricity power. :-)

Loading Video...

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@limitless82: I surprised you haven’t used team 1 in a cav yet

I have team that could take them

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Po and the Furious Five stomp. They are far more skilled, and Po’s physicals along with Tigress’ striking power is too much for the Spiderverse team.

OnlyOneEmpereor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@limitless82: This physically and striking is superior to spider man

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smxlr8 said:

@limitless82: I surprised you haven’t used team 1 in a cav yet

I have team that could take them

I don't really do CAV, too much hard work lol. But fine with having a nice discussion and exchange views/thoughts. What team do you have in mind that can take Po and furious five then?

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Limitless82
@kanyecosby said:

Po and the Furious Five stomp. They are far more skilled, and Po’s physicals along with Tigress’ striking power is too much for the Spiderverse team.

Yes I agree they are more skilled, and Po and tigress are stronger than the spiders, however, they are not above being incap via restraint, as seen several times that KFP warriors got tied up or chained up, something which the spider-teams are capable of doing. Miles also have tricks of his own in the form of Invisibility and electricity attack which would be hard for the warriors to counter.

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@limitless82: This physically and striking is superior to spider man

Po and tigress are stronger than the spiders, but the snake, mantis, crane and monkey might not be, at least I don't remember such feats. Additionally, they are not above being incap via restraint, as seen several times that KFP warriors got tied up or chained up, something which the spider-teams are capable of doing. Miles also have tricks of his own in the form of Invisibility and electricity attack which would be hard for the warriors to counter.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@limitless82: If they don’t have bullet timing feats then they don’t have them beat tbh.

Everybody from the F5 can rag doll multiple soldiers and each other. Does anyone on the Spider-Man team have damage output or skill on par with Tai Lung? They’re pretty op on rewatch.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Kung Fu Panda, easily

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Isn't the Kung Fu Pandaverse surprisingly OP?

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@limitless82: I rather do it in a cav so it's 1 vs 1 discussion

MoneyyJunee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1

OnlyOneEmpereor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hermes1220: they did have bullet-timing/bullet-dodging feats against dozens of gun-men firing machine guns though. Beside its not like KFP warriors had bullet timing feats of their own, yes they dodged arrows and such, but arrows are way slower than machine gun fire, so overall, I think they are within the same ballpark speed-wise.

The spider team memebers could rag-doll fodders too, and had fought opponents such as Tombstone, Scorpion, Prowler, Doc Ock and of course, kingpin. Sure, none of them might be comparable to Tai Lung but none of the KFP warriors (barring Po) are on par with Tai Lung either, so this scaling is meaningless.

And like I said, they carry different skillset/gears into this fight in the form of web shooters, robot, invisibility and electricity. the web shooter is especially useful since all of the KFP fighters has been restrainted at one point or another in the franchise and couldn't break out without outside help -- in KFP2, they allowed themselves to be caught to be taken to see Shen in shackles, and near end of the movie the F5 were truly caught and tied to the boat. So the Spider team could go for incap option.

I do agree though that Po is much harder for the Spider team to put down given his high offence and durability. How about a composite Peter Parker -- a combo of the first Parker that died and the second Parker from alternative universe? This version have much better on-screen feats, primarily against the giant goblin in the beginning.

Loading Video...

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smxlr8: what team do you have in mind though? :-)

MrViking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 easily take this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@limitless82 said:

@hermes1220: they did have bullet-timing/bullet-dodging feats against dozens of gun-men firing machine guns though. Beside its not like KFP warriors had bullet timing feats of their own, yes they dodged arrows and such, but arrows are way slower than machine gun fire, so overall, I think they are within the same ballpark speed-wise.

The point of what I was saying is that everyone on the KFP are casual arrow timers. And I think are blur speed at times. If the other team aren’t bullet timers then there isn’t a discernible advantage they have in speed. What would you say they are in speed? They seem super soldier level to me.

The spider team memebers could rag-doll fodders too, and had fought opponents such as Tombstone, Scorpion, Prowler, Doc Ock and of course, kingpin. Sure, none of them might be comparable to Tai Lung but none of the KFP warriors (barring Po) are on par with Tai Lung either, so this scaling is meaningless.

The KFP team can easily shatter stone and utilize chi which increases their AP iirc. This is AP I don’t see the spider team tanking or replicating. Tigress especially is pretty on par with Tai Lung although he is likely stronger and slightly more skilled. The team were also able to damage him. They’re lower than him for sure. But aren’t fodder. Nothing about this scaling is meaningless, the fact that Tigress can kind of tank a beat down from Tai lung who is building level plus says a lot about her stats.

And like I said, they carry different skillset/gears into this fight in the form of web shooters, robot, invisibility and electricity. the web shooter is especially useful since all of the KFP fighters has been restrainted at one point or another in the franchise and couldn't break out without outside help -- in KFP2, they allowed themselves to be caught to be taken to see Shen in shackles, and near end of the movie the F5 were truly caught and tied to the boat. So the Spider team could go for incap option.

How fast are the web shooters, they seem about arrow speed. They’re perfectly in the KFP team’s range to dodge. We usually use characters fighting at their best in threads, so I wouldn’t use plot induced jobbing as a reason why they lose.

I do agree though that Po is much harder for the Spider team to put down given his high offence and durability. How about a composite Peter Parker -- a combo of the first Parker that died and the second Parker from alternative universe? This version have much better on-screen feats, primarily against the giant goblin in the beginning.

Loading Video...

The team work, skill, and other possible advantages really give them a win tbh.

He’s pretty good.

RikuYamaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the wuxi finger hold. gg

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrviking: @onlyoneempereor: @moneyyjunee: @mutant1230: @mrmonster: Wow I am surprised many of you found this battle one-sided, how about the Spider team have composite Peter with feats from both the primary universe and alternative universe? The dead Peter actually had some pretty good feat against the giant goblin (in addition, Primary Peter was also implied to be Tobey Peter during the flashback montages).

Primary Peter went toe to toe and held up-hand against giant goblin and staggered/knocked down him with every single strikes, the same goblin capable of causally ripping thick steel beam that support the roof and tossing large steel container and causing general destruction inside a concrete/steel environment. Primary Peter also survived a point-blank reactor explosion (before eventually killed by kingkin). As a fun bonus, newly-powered Mile also no-sold being chest-rammed by a falling steel beam.

Loading Video...

And in this following sequences, unconsciously Alternative Peter and Miles were dragged by HIGH-SPEED TRAIN through the air and crushed through numerous obstacles, including but not limited to tombstones, lorries, lamppost, repeated slams onto concrete pathments etc., and tanked all of them.

Loading Video...

And in Miles final confrontation with Kingpin, Miles was fast enough to dodge bullets, took many strikes from Kingpin that were powerful to shatter partial side of the skyscraper, causally bust through the steel roof of train, tanked a taxi thrown by kingpin, tanked a ridiculously long fall and being grand slammed onto a bridge etc.

Loading Video...

I think that is sufficent to prove that he will not be easily put down by Po, and his webshooter, invisibility and electrcity power can come in handy at times.

Voice_of_Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Voice_of_Death

This is actually closer than what the majority may think. I think that the spiderverse team can put up much of a fight, but I think the kung fu panda team, has the most useful advantages. Their striking power, coupled with their skills should give them a definitive edge. Miles, Peter and Gwen are probably the most dangerous threats for the kung fu team. If gwen and peter are taken out early, po can take on miles, and the furious five can handle the rest of the spiderverse team. This is only one scenario though. I do believe that in certain scenarios, either team can take it, but I believe the kung fu team comes out on top, more times than not.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The point of what I was saying is that everyone on the KFP are casual arrow timers. And I think are blur speed at times. If the other team aren’t bullet timers then there isn’t a discernible advantage they have in speed. What would you say they are in speed? They seem super soldier level to me.

The KFP team can easily shatter stone and utilize chi which increases their AP iirc. This is AP I don’t see the spider team tanking or replicating. Tigress especially is pretty on par with Tai Lung although he is likely stronger and slightly more skilled. The team were also able to damage him. They’re lower than him for sure. But aren’t fodder. Nothing about this scaling is meaningless, the fact that Tigress can kind of tank a beat down from Tai lung who is building level plus says a lot about her stats.

How fast are the web shooters, they seem about arrow speed. They’re perfectly in the KFP team’s range to dodge. We usually use characters fighting at their best in threads, so I wouldn’t use plot induced jobbing as a reason why they lose.

hi friend, I never say nor think the spider team have discernible speed advantage over the KFP team though :-) They don't need to be bullet timers to take on arrow timers. Beside, as shown, they did have feats of evading spraying machine guns from dozens of goons, and Miles dodged seversal gunshots from Kingpin. So they definitely have the speed to hang with the KFP warriors.

When Tai Lung fought with the Furious Five on the bridge, for most of the duration he did not take them serious, declared only Dragon Warrior is worthy of being his opponent. He mocked and toyed with them and rarely took it seriously. And still, the five only managed to temporarily incap the cocky Tai Lung via perfect team-work and circumstantial advantages (brige and rope). The moment Tai Lung got serious, he took them out pretty fast.

Hmm I remember Po and Tigress have stone-breaking/stone-shattering feats, but no the other Furious Four? I could be wrong though so feel free to correct me if my memory have failed me. I think this fight boils down to Po and Tigress vs Composite Peter and Miles since those four had the best showing out of their team.

Since composite Peter have feats of no-sell blunt-force attacks from Giant Goblin and survive reactor energy-explosion, he should have decent durability to tank at least a few good hits from Po, while attempt to incap Po via his web, the same web that was durable enough to drag Peter and Miles halfway across the city on a speeding train with a SINGLE strand, all the while bumping and crushing into all sort of solid obstacles in high speed without snapping. And I don't think the KFP warriors been restrained not once..but TWICE..as PIS, since both occasions happened during serious settings as oppose to silly gags for comedy effects.

I am rubbish when it comes to calculating speed lol. There were several occasions throughout the film where the Spiders shot web onto something on blink of eyes, whether that is arrow speed or bullet speed are down to others more expert than I to pause frame by frame and meassure distance and inches and calculate, because I am lazy like that lol. So lets just go with your arrow-speed assumption instead.

Even so, there is no guarantee the KFP can never get tagged though, especially if we consider 1) when the web will be coming from much closer combat-distance than a typical arrow shot from long-range; 2) the KFP warriors would never expect their opponents are capable of shoting strange "strings" seemingly out of nowhere, we are familiar with the now-iconic spiderman web-shooting hand gesture and know what it means and what is following the gesture, but they don't. So there is element of surprise; 3) even if they saw the strange "strings" coming at them, they might not have enough awareness to find it neccessary to dodge them since the web are nothing like the conventional weapons (arrows, darts, throwing knives etc.) they are used to, so its likely the warriors might opt for the block/swipe option (they did block/swipe away the conventional projectiles at times anyway), which instantly open them up to be glued and manipulated by the super-sticky web and throw them off their game. Therefore, it is not impossible for Peter or Miles to tag and incap Po/tigress via webbing.

Furthermore, neither of them KFP warriors have counter to Miles' invisibility, which would make it even easier for Miles to sneak close and web them out of surprise. Miles' electricity power can also come in handy during cqc. I am not saying his electricity can definitely KO the stronger foes, but even if it just numb them for a couple moments, it is enough to create another web opportunity or get a couple free punches in. Beside, Tigress was clearly stated in the film to be NOT fire-proof, so the heat of his electricity could also deliver some damage against her.

Overall, I do think the KFP team is more skilled, and Po are definitely stronger than any of the spiders, but what they lack in strength, the spiders make up for it via webbing and other abilities and pull out a few wins. The battle is not as one-sided as many might think :-)

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smxlr8: So what team you got in mind? If I am familiar with them and feel it is a fair match-up, I might be open to give it a go lol

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maestromage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man Noir solos due to Nick Cage force

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maestromage: lol in the 90s nick cage force was strong and mighty, but not so much now, more of a whimper :-p

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By asgardianweapon

Hmmm

for what i remember

Peter Parker (tried to somewhat equate PP ands P benjamim P) punched a car away when throw at him, throwed gigantic goblin around and knocked him out, fought someone who could make tremmor/ shockwaves, throwed a car easely, stoped all of the machines gigantic engines with one hand, liv/ock throwed a bus

The KFP have got the scailing with Kai, Mantis holding the bridge, Tigress punch that made the ground set in fire (but had build up), Po throwing tai lung in the air, crane pushing ships with air and po... moving them i think

So they are more or less the same tier, but the Kung fu gang is stronger.

Quirks/ teamwork
The five:
Crane can fly, both Mantis and Viper are hard to hit and got unconventional styles,Tigres is probably the stronger of them all, Po got both his belly and the wosh stuff on his side and monkey...

...Well they have perfect teamwork and got higlly efective combos throut the 3 movies

Spider gang

Keeping the trend Miles got the most quirks: Invisibility and the sting wich maybe can one shot/severely weaken everybody and Porker can use toonforce. Penni seems to have at leat one other gadget..on the downside Penni is probably the weakest of both teams
This team has the best mobility, however and the webs gives a big versatility

Analisys:
A very hard fight, but the mobility advantage of the spider gang is countered by the fight been in a florest.They also seem to be weaker in average and have the overall weaker character. As such crane would be easely at least a nuisasnce and probably very important in the fight

Porker toonforce is not the strongest and as such he would not be invencible. Penni prob could go out soon and as such risk the team of been overwhelmed

Prob the 5 would struggle with destroying the webs wich could be a game changer for the gang. MIles also could take at least 2 members if he used both the sting and the invisibility wich is higgly out of character and the same can be said to the wosh thing HOWEVER the same cannot be said to Mantis and this gives another advantage to the Five

Miles could in theory win agaist anyone in the other team if he played smartly. Same can be said for po and even tigress

Conclusion: I came here siding with the spider gang and now i think the masters could win slightly more

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Kung Fu Panda team wrecks.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@limitless82: I mean I would like to but if you want to do a cav in the future then maybe

Limitless82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Limitless82

@asgardianweapon: cool I appreciate that you gave a well-thought out consideration regarding both the pros and cons of both teams, and gave a very reasonable breakdown on how KFP team can beat Spiders, I can agree with most of what you said :-)

BTW, the reason I set the battle location in a spacious forest was intended to be fair to both team: so the KFP team wouldn't feel too alienated (as oppose to battle in a skyscraper city), while the Spiders still have plenty of structures and space to glue to and swing from (like the forest scene where Peter and Miles and Gwen evaded/beat Doc Ock). So I don't think their mobility will be at any disadvantage in such environment?

Also, with the condition set as "no BFR", technically it means Po can't use that finger-hold trick in this battle, since we found out on KFP3 that it is essentially a BFR to spiritual realm.

Ps. How effective or ineffective do you think the Spiders' Web shooters will be against the KFP warriors?

Gokuisthebest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 stomps

Slash03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers