Kratos vs Dante

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Morbid_Pyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By kyrees

@morbid_pyro:

Loading Video...

quicksilver =/= amulet of fate

Loading Video...

royal guard

you're the one doing BS here. we go with feats, not with Supposed "what they can dos" and "what they do". show me a feat that kratos can counter all that.

@godofnick there are videos that showcase dante's speed. we,in the comicvine, go with feats.

godofnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kuja9001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The golden fleece can be destroyed as seen in GoW3.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Jmarshmallow

Dante wins.

Faster, better healing factor, more skilled, more versatile. All around better in pretty much every aspect besides raw strength.

Jmarshmallow

Morbid_Pyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Morbid_Pyro

I have shown enough feats and explained to the point that you guys are keep on coming back with the same ideas! And it can't work! PERIOD. Ignoring u guys was the best idea ever but seeing my bro brought up more evidence that you guys are making Dante a god or a speedster to the point that he is the fastest being on the galaxy that can defeat goku because of his healing factor and uses royal guard for protection that it would never break and Vergil never broke that guard and he doesn't use devil trigger because he likes to get stabbed even if it was the blade of olympus that sword is weak and Dante says stabb me Kratos my healing factor is unstopable and all gods in god of war are weak ? My braincells just stopped because i can't believe i wasted my time to these kind answers! THE LEGENDARY GREEK GODS SLAYER WINS!

godofnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godofnick: the cutscenes all show it as well. the gameplay maybe slower but the cutscenes after that is better.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#159  Edited By MethoKi

@batman242: play the game again and press the R3 AND L3 then u will see the speed differences plus i forgot to mention Kratos is always Bloodlusted and he got long range combat skills that can counter and hit speedy opponents and also he can reflect and counter what ever Dante throws at him with a much stronger counter back of the golden fleece + God of War Ascension Kratos got all the powers of the 4 greek gods Ares, Poseidon, Hades and Zeus all that power in the Blade of Chaos.

You're using game mechanics first of all. That's never reliable for a debate in these matches. If game mechanics ever really counted, nobody would ever be able to hit Batman from the Arkham series, since in gameplay he pretty much has precognition.

Either way, Kratos' Golden Fleece will only work if he is prepped and braces for the attack that's going to come toward him. Dante has shown to be extremely fast; reacting to bullets (just one little example). Nobody in the GoW series showed anything near to being truly impressive in terms of speed, not even Hermes.

godofnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: Then show feats from the cutscenes, don't preach on about him and then post gameplay.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godofnick: How so?

Dante is more skilled. And by that, I mean that he can wield a weapon with far more efficiency and talent than Kratos can.

Dante wields them with grace. Kratos is just a slugger. A very powerful slugger, but a slugger nonetheless.

Jmarshmallow

godofnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By godofnick

@jmarshmallow: Not really but okay. Opinions are opinions I suppose.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By kyrees
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

bullet timer reactions.

Loading Video...

catching his sword while doing re-entry speed.

@godofnick: i played GoW as well and he has zero reaction feats that are on par with dante. he's a brute for all intents and purposes and is more likely to catch an attack rather than dodge it.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godofnick: Your "everybody is a winner!" attitude is all fine and dandy. In fact, it's even refreshing. But on this site, the point is to debate your point against someone else's.

Simply saying "opinions are opinions" is pretty much saying "I give up."

Jmarshmallow

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By kyrees

@morbid_pyro: what you showed us in the last pages are not enough. you can't even counter quicksilver so before you spout your BS again, prove to the people he can stop that. dante's not a speedster but he can manipulate time to a point, something kratos can't do without any help. he has better reaction time than kratos and all kratos can fire at him can be dodged. strength is debatable but with kratos being killable to a point because he has zero regeneration feats outside anyone's help, kratos is toast.

go hurr durr all you want but being an obnoxious loudmouth never made your arguments stand in the first place. you prove to us what he can do. and by the way, the zero attempt of non-objectivity is really showing at this point with that last message

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Auction_Sniper

@kuja9001 said:

The golden fleece can be destroyed as seen in GoW3.

Except it was never destroyed.

@batman242 said:

@morbid_pyro said:

@batman242: play the game again and press the R3 AND L3 then u will see the speed differences plus i forgot to mention Kratos is always Bloodlusted and he got long range combat skills that can counter and hit speedy opponents and also he can reflect and counter what ever Dante throws at him with a much stronger counter back of the golden fleece + God of War Ascension Kratos got all the powers of the 4 greek gods Ares, Poseidon, Hades and Zeus all that power in the Blade of Chaos.

You're using game mechanics first of all. That's never reliable for a debate in these matches. If game mechanics ever really counted, nobody would ever be able to hit Batman from the Arkham series, since in gameplay he pretty much has precognition.

Either way, Kratos' Golden Fleece will only work if he is prepped and braces for the attack that's going to come toward him. Dante has shown to be extremely fast; reacting to bullets (just one little example). Nobody in the GoW series showed anything near to being truly impressive in terms of speed, not even Hermes.

I'm pretty sure Kratos can react to a bullet. In fact, he has reacted to Zeus' lightning bolts...

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By MethoKi

@auction_sniper: No where in GoW states that Zeus' lightning bolts are faster than light, or even a bullet. I don't recall Kratos doing that either, so please show a clip. Even if he has, that's far from enough to show that he's a bullet timer because of one instance. Dante, unlike Kratos has dodged bullets at point blank range and is very agile in combat. Kratos may be a ranged fighter, but he doesn't have the reach Dante has with his guns.

Dante doesn't have a problem with being hurt either. He has been stabbed or hurt in some way in all of the games, but brushes it off as if nothing happened, even being sliced by Yamato (a sword that slices through dimensions) and being okay a few seconds later. Kratos on the other hand has been crushed, and even stabbed like Dante has, but died.

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Auction_Sniper

@batman242 said:

@auction_sniper: No where in GoW states that Zeus' lightning bolts are faster than light, or even a bullet. I don't recall Kratos doing that either, so please show a clip. Even if he has, that's far from enough to show that he's a bullet timer because of one instance. Dante, unlike Kratos has dodged bullets at point blank range and is very agile in combat. Kratos may be a ranged fighter, but he doesn't have the reach Dante has with his guns.

Dante doesn't have a problem with being hurt either. He has been stabbed or hurt in some way in all of the games, but brushes it off as if nothing happened, even being sliced by Yamato (a sword that slices through dimensions) and being okay a few seconds later. Kratos on the other hand has been crushed, and even stabbed like Dante has, but died.

When I did I say it was faster than light? I'm too lazy to find the cutscene, but he certainly dodged his bolts. His bullets are faster than bullets. Here's an example on how fast his bolts can travel:

No Caption Provided

He nearly died from being stabbed with Yamato, and would've been killed by Mundus had Trish not intervened. The things that killed Kratos were far more powerful than the things that killed Dante. Kratos is far more durable than Dante.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By kyrees

@auction_sniper: lore kratos is a different beast to argue on. yamato nearly killed dante because he hasn't fully awakened his demon blood and mundus is "arguably" on par to GoW zeus

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Auction_Sniper

@kyrees said:

@auction_sniper: lore kratos is a different beast to argue on. yamato nearly killed dante because he hasn't fully awakened his demon blood and mundus is "arguably" on par to GoW zeus

Why would "lore" Kratos would different from the game Kratos, when the novel comes/is based on from the original God of War game?

Fact is, he still nearly died.

"arguably"

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By kyrees

@auction_sniper: because the lore of GoW portrays him differently compared to the game. i've always had trouble arguing for lorewise feats to gamewise feats.

the difference would be that before vergil stabbed him, dante's demon blood wasn't fully awakened. vergil said so himself. in-game, it equaled to his demon form being accessible. in the later points of the series, fully awakened dante became tough enough to even endure his own sword impaled through him..

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By MethoKi

@auction_sniper: What did that scan have anything to do with Kratos? Ares and Zeus were the only people in the scan with a conflict and it seems as if Zeus intentionally missed Ares. Or is this to show how fast the lightning was? I'd much rather see the clip where Kratos reacts to this lightning bolt, because it'd be Kratos' first and probably only impressive reflex feat.

Dante has never died, If I recall correctly. You even said it yourself, Dante NEARLYdied from being stabbed with Yamato, and that sword is known for its power. Kratos HASdied from being stabbed. Mundus is a being above everyone in God of War and would've killed anyone with that beam.

Kratos hasn't shown any regeneration or true durability against being sliced, stabbed or crushed, but Dante can and has healed from it all within a small time frame.

In the end, Dante's versatile weapons, mixed with the mastery of them all, speed, agility, and precision is going to be way more than Kratos can handle.

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Auction_Sniper

@kyrees said:

@auction_sniper: because the lore of GoW portrays him differently compared to the game. i've always had trouble arguing for lorewise feats to gamewise feats.

the difference would be that before vergil stabbed him, dante's demon blood wasn't fully awakened. vergil said so himself. in-game, it equaled to his demon form being accessible. in the later points of the series, fully awakened dante became tough enough to even endure his own sword impaled through him..

Whether it potrays him differently or not, it's still canon to the GoW game.

And Rebellion still isn't as powerful as the BoO. I'm not sure what difference it would make if his demon blood was fully awakened. And as we saw, he nearly died after being fatigued.

@auction_sniper: What did that scan have anything to do with Kratos? Ares and Zeus were the only people in the scan with a conflict and it seems as if Zeus intentionally missed Ares. Or is this to show how fast the lightning was? I'd much rather see the clip where Kratos reacts to this lightning bolt, because it'd be Kratos' first and probably only impressive reflex feat.

Dante has never died, If I recall correctly. You even said it yourself, Dante NEARLYdied from being stabbed with Yamato, and that sword is known for its power. Kratos HASdied from being stabbed. Mundus is a being above everyone in God of War and would've killed anyone with that beam.

Kratos hasn't shown any regeneration or true durability against being sliced, stabbed or crushed, but Dante can and has healed from it all within a small time frame.

In the end, Dante's versatile weapons, mixed with the mastery of them all, speed, agility, and precision isn't going to be way more than enough for Kratos to handle.

Well, considering I just showed you how fast Zeus' bolts can travel, and Kratos was able to dodge his lightning, I'd say it is relevant. Based on what did he intentionally miss?

I never said it he died. He died from being stabbed by the BoO, while weakened. The BoO is far more powerful than anything in the Dante has gotten stabbed with. No he isn't, and no he wouldn't.

As I said before, he regenerated in one of the GoW games, iirc. "true durablity against being sliced, stabbed, or crushed"? He resisted being crushed from Atlas, has tanked hits from Cronos, and has tanked far more damaging things than Dante has. Dante would have died on the island had not he gotten in that airplane. It's been shown that once Dante tires, he regeneration will be slowed.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By kyrees

@auction_sniper: it does make a difference. i did say dante after that has survived being impaled with rebellion, a sword arguably equal to yamato. while BoO is stated to kill gods(and that's a questionable feat in parlance to this thread), kratos had help to be healed afterwards. dante for most parts never needed help to be healed.

and kratos has no answer to quicksilver.

Kuja9001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@auction_sniper: http://youtu.be/uW1E5i1mgB8

At 3:40 he wakes up to find all his equipment in pieces. So you're wrong.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By MethoKi

@auction_sniper: Well, for one, when I said true durability against being crushed and such, I meant tanking the actual hit and not actually countering it. Blunt/crushing force doesn't matter since most of Dante's arsenal consists of sharp weapons..... and since Kratos has actually been critically damaged from such force.

Loading Video...

Here's a video of Dante blocking a punch coming down with lots of force and throwing it off of him from Savior. It may not be impressive as Kratos', but proves he can do the same in a sense nonetheless. Notice, the feat has nothing to do with durability.

Loading Video...

This one clip alone is more than enough to show Dante is too quick and versatile in movement for Kratos to handle.

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Auction_Sniper

@kyrees said:

@auction_sniper: it does make a difference. i did say dante after that has survived being impaled with rebellion, a sword arguably equal to yamato. while BoO is stated to kill gods(and that's a questionable feat in parlance to this thread), kratos had help to be healed afterwards. dante for most parts never needed help to be healed.

and kratos has no answer to quicksilver.

I don't recall Dante showing many feats with Rebellion. Yes, he did have Gaia heal him, what's your point? He's only been shown to heal from small cuts; nothing that leave him large wounds such as the BoO (or even things that are on par with power of the BoO). Remember, the nearly died from those spears in DMC.

QS and Yamato may be Dante's ONLY way of winning.

@kuja9001 said:

@auction_sniper: http://youtu.be/uW1E5i1mgB8

At 3:40 he wakes up to find all his equipment in pieces. So you're wrong.

Whoops, I didn't intend to say that. Even then, Dante doesn't posses the power to destroy it anyway.

@batman242 said:

@auction_sniper: Well, for one, when I said true durability against being crushed and such, I meant tanking the actual hit and not actually countering it. Blunt/crushing force doesn't matter since most of Dante's arsenal consists of sharp weapons..... and since Kratos has actually been critically damaged from such force.

Loading Video...

Here's a video of Dante blocking a punch coming down with lots of force and throwing it off of him from Savior. It may not be impressive as Kratos', but proves he can do the same in a sense nonetheless. Notice, the feat has nothing to do with durability.

Loading Video...

This one clip alone is more than enough to show Dante is too quick and versatile in movement for Kratos to handle.

Such force as what? Whether he has blunt weapons or not, he can't hurt Kratos in any way.

Atlas is far stronger than Savior. Kratos' ranged weapons and the Boots of Hermes will make up for that. Even then, he has faster reactions than Dante.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By kyrees

@auction_sniper: a critical wound to kratos would prove fatal to him. there's no gaia to reheal such massive wounds. dante is more than capable of surviving such critical wounds assuming he gets wounded by it in the first place. (save for BoO)

dante is more than capable of dealing critical damage to kratos than kratos is to dante.

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Auction_Sniper

Also the second novel stated this line:

"The blade barely penetrated the back of a hand that had delivered a potent blow to the mountaintop, but Kratos felt the blade begin to quiver as it sucked up Zeus' energy. The King of the Gods began to shrink visibly and soon was hardly taller than Kratos himself."

@kyrees said:

@auction_sniper: a critical wound to kratos would prove fatal to him. there's no gaia or reborn athena to reheal such massive wounds. dante is more than capable of dealing in such critical wounds assuming he gets wounded by it in the first place.

Dante has only shown to be able to heal from slash weapons. Kratos has tanked "critical wounds" and was completely fine.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@auction_sniper: I'm sorry but does Kratos have some unknown resistance to anything short of the Blade of Olympus? Because as I recall, he was near death by a simple crush from a statue. He had little to no resistance to it. Everything that actually hit and got Kratos, did real damage to him and nearly killed him if it didn't already kill him. Dante has been stabbed multiple times from demons in one occasion and healed right away, got stabbed with Rebellion and healed moments later, got stabbed with Yamato and healed moments later. Comparing durability in that sense would put Dante above Kratos easily, since Dante has never died from what hurt him. Saying "he can't hurt Kratos in any way" is a pretty terrible claim, honestly.

I honestly don't know how any of Kratos' ranged weapons are going to be able to hit Dante, unless Dante is in his usual moods and intentionally lets himself get hit. Kratos is a combat slug especially to someone who has lightning fast reflexes and combat speed like Dante.

What are the Boots of Hermes going to do for him.... at all? Kratos would only run into bullet using that. The boots weren't fast, not even on Hermes himself. They did little for Kratos in combat.

You have yet to show any clips of Kratos' lightning bolt feat or any clip whatsoever and are making bold claims and not backing them up with anything even logical.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By kyrees

@auction_sniper: he died from such wounds unless you're telling me him falling to hades's dominion in god of war 1 and god of war 2 wasn't dying.

he was technically killed in god of war 1 when ares threw a rock column through him.

he was technically killed in god of war 2 when zeus drove BoO through him.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Such force as what? Whether he has blunt weapons or not, he can't hurt Kratos in any way.

Atlas is far stronger than Savior. Kratos' ranged weapons and the Boots of Hermes will make up for that. Even then, he has faster reactions than Dante.

Wait, what faster reactions does he have?

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: and it's speculation on whether or not he's dead in part 3.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242: we'd have to wait god of war 4 for that.

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Auction_Sniper

@kyrees said:

@auction_sniper: he died from such wounds unless you're telling me him falling to hades's dominion in god of war 1 and god of war 2 wasn't dying.

Ares threw a sharpened pillar at Kratos that reached several miles in a span of few seconds (speed of sound). It failed to bisect Kratos, and he seemed to have died because of blood lost.

@batman242 said:

@auction_sniper: I'm sorry but does Kratos have some unknown resistance to anything short of the Blade of Olympus? Because as I recall, he was near death by a simple crush from a statue. He had little to no resistance to it. Everything that actually hit and got Kratos, did real damage to him and nearly killed him if it didn't already kill him. Dante has been stabbed multiple times from demons in one occasion and healed right away, got stabbed with Rebellion and healed moments later, got stabbed with Yamato and healed moments later. Comparing durability in that sense would put Dante above Kratos easily, since Dante has never died from what hurt him. Saying "he can't hurt Kratos in any way" is a pretty terrible claim, honestly.

I honestly don't know how any of Kratos' ranged weapons are going to be able to hit Dante, unless Dante is in his usual moods and intentionally lets himself get hit. Kratos is a combat slug especially to someone who has lightning fast reflexes and combat speed like Dante.

What are the Boots of Hermes going to do for him.... at all? Kratos would only run into bullet using that. The boots weren't fast, not even on Hermes himself. They did little for Kratos in combat.

You have yet to show any clips of Kratos' lightning bolt feat or any clip whatsoever and are making bold claims and not backing them up with anything even logical.

Iirc, he was completely drained of his powers (and it's probably PIS). Even then, he has shown to become more powerful over the course of the games. It isn't a terrible claim because he doesn't posses the strength to hurt him. Hades couldn't even Hades couldn't cut Kratos, who had no problem cutting Cronos and Atlas. Yet he had no problems tanking his from Cronos, Ares' explosion, a volcano that was stated to destroy the city of Atlantis; and Persephone's explosion, which was capable of destroying the Pillar of the World (which could hold up the world). Dante is barely building level in durablity.

How is Dante going to hit Kratos, who has far better reactions than Dante? He had no problem keeping up with Ares, who was dodging Zeus' lightning bolts with ease.

A bullet wouldn't do anything to Kratos. Even then, he still has an AoE effect. They were supersonic-hypersonic in speed.

I have shown feats on how fast his bolts are, but you choose to ignore them.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

bioblaster67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kratos, destroyed the whole world.

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@auction_sniper said:

"In fact, he has reacted to Zeus' lightning bolts."

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By kyrees

@auction_sniper: it didn't fail to bisect him but it killed him regardless whether it was blood loss or not. dante can cut off kratos's head or deal a wound that make him keel over in the long run. point is kratos is not going to survive such wounds compared to dante.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@auction_sniper: I just joined the thread, so whatever you posted before, I haven't seen and you didn't direct them at me. How is it PIS when Kratos hasn't gotten hit from something like that before? You used his feat against Atlas and Cronos to say he can resist it, but with those, he actually countered the smash. He couldn't tank that smash, and power drained or not, that's exactly the level he's at in this thread, so it's valid.

You finally post clips, but they didn't prove anything at all. Gaia tanked that lightning bolt while Kratos stood there.

Making more claim feats, now please post the clips for them.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242 said:

@auction_sniper said:

You have yet to show it.

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

@auction_sniper: it didn't fail to bisect him but it killed him regardless whether it was blood loss or not. dante can cut off kratos's head or deal a wound that make him keel over in the long run. point is kratos is not going to survive such wounds compared to dante.

No, he can't cut his head off because Kratos is far too durable to even be CUT by Dante. If Hades, who had no problem overpowering Cronos and Atlas, couldn't Kratos, what makes you think Dante could? I highly doubt Dante would have survived a pillar been thrown at him at that size and speed.

@auction_sniper: I just joined the thread, so whatever you posted before, I haven't seen and you didn't direct them at me. How is it PIS when Kratos hasn't gotten hit from something like that before? You used his feat against Atlas and Cronos to say he can resist it, but with those, he actually countered the smash. He couldn't tank that smash, and power drained or not, that's exactly the level he's at in this thread, so it's valid.

You finally post clips, but they didn't prove anything at all. Gaia tanked that lightning bolt while Kratos stood there.

"Ares' explosion, a volcano that was stated to destroy the city of Atlantis; and Persephone's explosion, which was capable of destroying the Pillar of the World." Why would it mattered if he countered the smash? Atlas and Cronos are far stronger than Dante. Kratos survived...

If you pause at 1:10, you clearly see see Kratos block his lightning.

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@auction_sniper said:

@batman242 said:

@auction_sniper said:

You have yet to show it.

The game, and the developers themselves say otherwise.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By kyrees

@auction_sniper: no, he's not that durable. if he was, then the column whom you are arguing traveled that fast wouldn't pierce him at all. it did, a simple rock that was merely thrown by ares. are you going to say a normal rock that is not even enchanted is stronger and sharper than a sword made of unknown/demonic metal that courses demonic energy as well and that it's wielder has enough strength to cut through solid rock ? tell me where's the logic in that ?

and hades took the titan's souls, which made them weaker. the titans are gigantic targets compared to dante who's at faster and has the strength to boot.

your ABC logic is bad.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By MethoKi

@auction_sniper said:

@kyrees said:

No, he can't cut his head off because Kratos is far too durable to even be CUT by Dante. If Hades, who had no problem overpowering Cronos and Atlas, couldn't Kratos, what makes you think Dante could? I highly doubt Dante would have survived a pillar been thrown at him at that size and speed.

@batman242 said:

"Ares' explosion, a volcano that was stated to destroy the city of Atlantis; and Persephone's explosion, which was capable of destroying the Pillar of the World." Why would it mattered if he countered the smash? Atlas and Cronos are far stronger than Dante. Kratos survived...

Why is Kratos far too durable for Dante with weapons with demonic/magical properties to get cut? Didn't a simple pillar impale him in part 1? As I recall, Hades' blades aren't meant to cut, they're meant to rip the soul out of you.

Let me get this straight, you think Dante can't hurt Kratos no matter how powerful his weapons are, think he can't be hurt by Hades' weapons, and even called PIS on him being crushed and then impaled by the Blade of Olympus, but you think its fathomable that he died from being impaled by a pillar going at a high velocity, correct?

You also think that although Dante has never died no matter what it was that hit him, that Kratos still has better feats when he's died not once, but twice? and speculatively three times?

I watched the clip and I see Gaia take the brunt of the attack while Kratos throws his arms up. With Kratos' track record against attacks like that, if Gaia hadn't tanked it for him, Kratos would've died a definite third time. How you twisted that simple arm-toss up to be a reaction/reflex feats is beyond me, but to each his own.

"Ares' explosion, a volcano that was stated to destroy the city of Atlantis; and Persephone's explosion, which was capable of destroying the Pillar of the World."

All that he tanked and couldn't tanked being smashed or a simple pillar? Really?

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Auction_Sniper

@kyrees said:

@auction_sniper: no, he's not that durable. if he was, then the column whom you are arguing traveled that fast wouldn't pierce him at all. it did, a simple rock that was merely thrown by ares. are you going to say a normal rock that is not even enchanted is stronger and sharper than a sword made of unknown/demonic metal that courses demonic energy as well and that it's wielder has enough strength to cut through solid rock ? tell me where's the logic in that ?

and hades took the titan's souls, which made them weaker. the titans are gigantic targets compared to dante who's at faster and has the strength to boot.

your ABC logic is bad.

Actually, he is that durable, and I have shown feats that suggest otherwise. Yes, a normal rock, that was thrown by Ares, who was at full god size, at the speed of sound/hypersonic speed, which would have caused a normal man to explode on impact. Dante has been pierced by normal bullets and swords. Judging by the size of that pillar, it would've cut Dante clean in half. And this was early in Kratos' life.

Except he took their souls after he overpowered them. And you still haven't answered how will Dante cut Kratos.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By kyrees

@auction_sniper: you just screwed your own question. you are intoning that a stone pillar thrown by a giant has better capabilities than a sword forged with demonic energy and its wielder more than capable of cutting that thrown stone pillar. you are saying that demonic forged weaponry is weaker than natural elements. where in such universe would that happen ? speed doesn't miraculously ignore durability or i might call your reasoning PIS for that matter.

rewatch that scene will ya ? hades was not cutting down titans. he was latching away their souls. it's bad abc logic to use slow gigantic targets to compare against fast smalller ones.

you are not presenting a good argument here. redo that durability thing before i could take you seriously.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

your ABC logic is bad.

Actually, he is that durable, and I have shown feats that suggest otherwise. Yes, a normal rock, that was thrown by Ares, who was at full god size, at the speed of sound/hypersonic speed, which would have caused a normal man to explode on impact. Dante has been pierced by normal bullets and swords. Judging by the size of that pillar, it would've cut Dante clean in half. And this was early in Kratos' life.

Except he took their souls after he overpowered them. And you still haven't answered how will Dante cut Kratos.

Dante and Vergil have been cut in half before and just got up again as if it didn't even happen. Or it was possibly Vergil alone, I can't remember, but Dante and Vergil both share that ability, so Dante would've gotten up from that attack, as a matter of fact, he would've dodge it by running into it, stepping on it then backflipping while slicing it in half and land it all off with a spin.... he's done stuff like that before.

Kratos is pretty much like Wonder Woman. Both of them can take blunt and explosive force/damage well, but projectile and sharp weapons are things they're really vulnerable to. In the New 52, Wonder Woman took hits from powerhouses but couldn't tank a bullet that hit her.

Fortunately for Dante, his arsenal mainly consists of sharp weapons and projectiles..... which are all that have been able to kill and hurt Kratos every single time. If you don't think even Rebellion is going to be able to kill Kratos in one cut by now, this is pointless. Yamato and other things like Agni & Rudra along with Quicksilver and Beowulf would be overkills for a slug like Kratos

Auction_Sniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Auction_Sniper

@batman242 said:

@auction_sniper said:

@kyrees said:

@batman242 said:

Why is Kratos far too durable for Dante with weapons with demonic/magical properties to get cut? Didn't a simple pillar impale him in part 1? As I recall, Hades' blades aren't meant to cut, they're meant to rip the soul out of you.

Let me get this straight, you think Dante can't hurt Kratos no matter how powerful his weapons are, think he can't be hurt by Hades' weapons, and even called PIS on him being crushed and then impaled by the Blade of Olympus, but you think its fathomable that he died from being impaled by a pillar going at a high velocity, correct?

You also think that although Dante has never died no matter what it was that hit him, that Kratos still has better feats when he's died not once, but twice? and speculatively three times?

I watched the clip and I see Gaia take the brunt of the attack while Kratos throws his arms up. With Kratos' track record against attacks like that, if Gaia hadn't tanked it for him, Kratos would've died a definite third time. How you twisted that simple arm-toss up to be a reaction/reflex feats is beyond me, but to each his own.

"Ares' explosion, a volcano that was stated to destroy the city of Atlantis; and Persephone's explosion, which was capable of destroying the Pillar of the World."

All that he tanked and couldn't tanked being smashed or a simple pillar? Really?

Read above. What does it have magical properties have to do with anything? Dante was pierced by mere bullets in DMC3. In order for him to rip your soul out, he would have to come in contact with your skin.

Again, you have yet to show Dante has the strength to to hurt Kratos. I never he couldn't be hurt by Hades' weapons. I was referring to the part where he was CRUSHED as PIS (and even then, he was still alive). Even then, he was still alive for a couple of minutes and was able to have a conversation with Zeus. Yes, a pillar was moving at hypersonic speed, which would have caused a normal man to explode in seconds. Dante wouldn't even have the strength to toss the speed of that pillar that fast anyway. Also, I believe Kratos was shown to have regeneration in the novel. Stop trying to downplay Kratos.

Dante has taken hits from something as powerful as the BoO; hits from Cronos, who is capable of knocking mountains downs, and amongst others.

Do you have any evidence that he would have died? If you pay close attention, you clearly see that Zeus throws the bolt at Gaia's forearm, which is where Kratos is located. It's funny because, in the same video, if I recall correctly, Kratos fell from Mt. Olympus to Hades and was completely fine.

A pillar moving at hypersonic speed. Even then, this was Kratos at his weakest or so. Kratos has shown to be far more powerful over the course of games. If you read what I said, you see what I said he died because of a lost of blood. Dante was knocked out by getting stabbed by Yamato, Mundus, and would have died on the Island had he not got in that airplane. Again, you're downplaying Kratos.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By MethoKi

@auction_sniper: Do I have any evidence he would've died? Yes. Him dying from that pillar and being in critical condition from being smashed is more than enough evidence for me to show he would've died. If you don't believe that, then obviously, you think that statue and the pillar are more powerful than Zeus is..... and that somehow falling from Mt. Olympus to Hades should somehow hurt someone.

How I'm downplaying Kratos is beyond me when the only thing I'm saying is he's not nearly as fast as you think he is, his strength doesn't mean anything in this fight since he mainly uses his blades in an actual fight, and you're denying all facts that any of Dante's weapons will actually be able to hurt him, and I'm the one downplaying? Right.

Show me any time Dante has actually died, I'll wait. Show me any time he was in true danger. I'll wait for that too.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By kyrees

@auction_sniper: it has everything to do with it. both have half human genealogies, so anything that pierces the other would do the same to the other. it's illogical that a demonic sword is not going through something that simple pointed rock has. if that were the case, in-game kratos wouldn't be receiving damages from normal attacks. both still have durabilities that will not magically ignore sharp equipments that is swung through them with such force.

dante has the strength to fight kratos or else he would be batting up the savior or fighting a lot of demon in his series or swinging things (like a motorcyle) so easily like a bat. it's illogical that dante doesn't have the strength to do so when he is fighting demons that more or less can ignore a human attack. stop downplaying dante's strength.

high showing death feats doesn't magically make you immune to low showing death feats. if he died on that flying stone pillar he can die on something entirely different but comparable to it. it's illogical he's immune to everything sharp at at that matter.

direct hits count and it didn't hit kratos. not that it would matter here.

this is still the same kratos before he received godhood and lost it through BoO. the BoO doesn't drastically amp up his power or else we'd see him go giant like he did in the beginning of god of war 2 where he still has his godhood. all the sword does is kill "gods" and it took kratos's godhood to fully power it. both kratos's and dante's game universe makes sure of that or else they don't die in-game when the player gets careless. don't magically boost kratos as all tough. he's still half human