The legendary God killer

Dante
Dante
#2 Posted by FinalStar86 (8649 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante due to the fact that he can regenerate

#3 Posted by Kinasin (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

Krato's do to the fact that he is a god and god killer

#4 Posted by Captain Tick (52 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos, quite easily. Cus he doesnt have a demon form or a super form and YET beat and killed gods like Hades, poiseidon, Hercules and a few more. 
Dante has a demon form, it is powerful that is for sure but it is only for a limited amount of time. Even if it is a matter of speed, Kratos would win because he has the boots of Hermes to move really fast.
#5 Posted by GT-Man (4039 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL I put the legendary god killer thing
#6 Posted by FinalStar86 (8649 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kinasin said:
" Krato's do to the fact that he is a god and god killer "
Dante has killed plenty o gods

@Captain Tick said:
" Kratos, quite easily. Cus he doesnt have a demon form or a super form and YET beat and killed gods like Hades, poiseidon, Hercules and a few more. Dante has a demon form, it is powerful that is for sure but it is only for a limited amount of time. Even if it is a matter of speed, Kratos would win because he has the boots of Hermes to move really fast. "

So? Dante has killed gods like Mundas and Argosax who are more powerful then the watered down Olympians in God of War, not to mention most in his fights with Zeus and Ares he had plot devices, although to be fair Dante did against Mundas.

Hermes is nothing compared to Dante
#7 Posted by Captain Tick (52 posts) - - Show Bio
@FinalStar86 said: 

@Captain Tick said:
" Kratos, quite easily. Cus he doesnt have a demon form or a super form and YET beat and killed gods like Hades, poiseidon, Hercules and a few more. Dante has a demon form, it is powerful that is for sure but it is only for a limited amount of time. Even if it is a matter of speed, Kratos would win because he has the boots of Hermes to move really fast. "
So? Dante has killed gods like Mundas and Argosax who are more powerful then the watered down Olympians in God of War, not to mention most in his fights with Zeus and Ares he had plot devices, although to be fair Dante did against Mundas.  Hermes is nothing compared to Dante "

Youve made quite a good point there and made it tough to call because everything tht Dante has killed, i imagine Kratos would too, and vice versa, not saying its going to be easy for either of them. I seriously don't think Dante would be talking very much as he faces off with Hades and Kratos would have more than a tough time keeping up with Vergil. BUT when it comes to the sheer will to kill and go all out, my bet is on Kratos.
#8 Posted by rickyjangatang (1 posts) - - Show Bio

ok, being a ultra geek on these two iconic characters, i would say Dante hands down. Yes, kratos has alot of brute strength and alot of those fancy weapons, but even in a bare knuckle brawl, Dante wins. Kratos is always seen as going 100% since he is angry as hell all the time. Dante is not even 10%. he never goes into devil trigger, and he never even sweats or breaths heavily. Though many believe Kratos has more brute strength, i would like to disagree. In DMC4, Dante kind of blocked a punch from a statue half the size of a Titan from GOW. he blocked it bare handed, with relative ease. keep in mind dante is faster, and he regenerates. Kratos dies when he gets stabbed by the blade of olympus in GOW3. Dante gets stabbed literally in every game, and he just says " wtf dude, how am i going to pay for this waist coat" he also has bangle of time/ quicksilver, so he can just stop time and kill kratos. Dante has taken punches roughly the strength of Kratos's punches, and he barely flinched. In DMC1, Dante killed Mundus, the Demon lord. Vergil ( his twin bro) got sliced in half by Dante and he regenerated so quickly, his body was still in tact.

#9 Posted by JinSlayerX (145 posts) - - Show Bio

^ U pretty much summed it up

JSX

#10 Posted by NeonGameWave (19333 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante curbstomps.

#11 Posted by kool_chris (212 posts) - - Show Bio

@rickyjangatang: kratos has ACTUALLY took downs titans proved to be stronger than hercules so dont sit there an say dante is stronger than kratos in brute strenth kuz thats rubbish and im pretty sure dante is not gonna survive a direct blow from the blade of olympus a weapon made to kill GODS and lets also not forget when kratos kills a god he gets their power and also that time control crap wouldnt work on kratos kuz if thst was the case the sisters of fate would have be able to kill him

#12 Posted by LimpoyzLoan (1692 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante for sure.

#13 Posted by Pwok21 (2464 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante curbstomps, depending on version.

#14 Edited by Dante132 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually Kratos can't even match Dante with speed. Dante has alastor<~as fast as light. Besides that even if Kratos matched his speed he lacks the durability to out match Dante in any other category. Dante cant be killed when stabbed. Kratos can.(yes I know he ends up fighting his way out of hell and/or is the owner of "hell" now. Doesn't make a difference in the fact that he is defeated.

If that whole " hell" logic is applicable it will just be a never ending battle. Though Dante will never be outdone in stamina or strength or even wit.

People come here saying Kratos is all this and that when in fact nothing would be accomplished without the gods help(especially Athena).

They are both awesome characters. But in the end Dante has the power of telekenisis. And immortality/invincibility. Kratos dies many times being stabbed(even when a god). Dante is too durable to be defeated by somone like Kratos.

When it comes to defeating an opponent like Dante.. You would need somone with better survivability. Like Alucard for example.(even though not as much strength... In the end would win).

Or u could get somone like vegeta or Goku to blast him to nothingness ;).

Dante wins.

#15 Edited by ZombieMowlcher (733 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante... because guns.

Avatar image for randomcharachter
#16 Posted by randomcharachter (437 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante stomps

#17 Posted by godofnick (762 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos would do to Dante what he did to Hercules.
Kratos stomps.

#18 Posted by Cjdavis103 (10010 posts) - - Show Bio

@godofnick:

That implies that he can catch Dante who is massively hypersonic low LS Kratos is Slow as hell there is not a chance in hell that Kratos can tag him . and using that speed Dante uses Yamato ( a sword that can cut though anything) to behead him with ease

he also has insane regen

he has a varaty of long range options that Kratos cannot doge

or he goes full demon mode and obliterates him

#19 Posted by godofnick (762 posts) - - Show Bio

@cjdavis103:

Kratos has taken on quick opponents before, and dealt with them just fine. Kratos is agile and he has the boots of Hermes, so I wouldn't say he's all that slow. Kratos could counter Yamato with the Blade of Olympus, which is powered by hope and has all of Kratos's godly powers infused into it, so I'm pretty sure that would break Yamato. Kratos has his golden fleece and is durable enough to handle full demon mode. Dante would just keep talking and jump around with his flashy aerobatics while Kratos would jump in, cut him into pieces and eat him for dindin. Dante's powerful in his own terms, but those terms don't match the God of War.

#20 Edited by Cjdavis103 (10010 posts) - - Show Bio

@godofnick:

Really Kratos is high Hypersonic Low FTL!? when did he get that upgrade?

can he teleport?

and Dante has Royal guard which does the same as the golden flice so Turnaround is fair play

to block he has to be fast enough to react Any Hypersonic feats?

and his agility is horribly lacking when compared to Dante

Dante still has the shoot in head till he drops option ( Golden flice only lasts half a second)

in sum he is slower by a massive margin, less agile by an insurmountable difference, dumber ( his fighting stlye is Charge and hit slow moving targets repeatedly) by a wide margin, and he lacks Regen like Dante, Kratos only wins if he spams Blade of Olympus and gets Very Very lucky with a god blast which considering how slow he is will not happen

#21 Posted by godofnick (762 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't say Kratos is 'high Hypersonic Low FTL' and quite frankly I don't know what you're saying.
Bullets have never been used against Kratos, so it's unknown if he will die or not, so you can't say that.
Dante is a cocky and unintelligent teenage acting fella, and Kratos is a spartan, so he knows more about combat than Dante.
Kratos is way more durable than Dante, and you underestimate Kratos by saying his only chance is to 'spam'.
He is slower, less agile in comparison to Dante, and sure he doesn't have regen, but I don't think he needs regen, but it just goes to show how durable he is without it. Dante would eventually try to swoop in for the kill, but would get murdered since Kratos has range on his side. You should quit humping Dante's leg, for real lol.

#22 Posted by Cjdavis103 (10010 posts) - - Show Bio

@godofnick:

here's the thing about battles you need to hit the other guy to win. Kratos at his fastest is peak human it is pretty much impossible for him to tag Dante.

hers the thing Kratos has been tagged by and hurt by Arrows and Dantes have enough power to kill high level demons Kratos is not surging those off

LOL His combat style is rarrrr vengeance hack slash hack slash it is a non factor here Dante has much better combat reactions

Durabilaty doesn't mean Sh** when Dante has swords that cut though anything and a variety of weapons that can easily hurt Kratos

Range advantage Kratos ? Go home your drunk Kratos has swords on chain Dante has GUNS which has longer reach? and Even Close in Kratos cannot Tag Dante who moves at speeds that surpass anything in GOW universe and reacts faster than light

You should quit humping Dante's leg, for real lol.

Flaged

#23 Posted by godofnick (762 posts) - - Show Bio

@cjdavis103:
Yeah, arguing with DMC fanboy is pretty pointless.
"dante is faster than sonic and stronger than goku lelelele kratos stupid bald idiot who has no feats"
That's what I'm getting from all this, anyways, sayonara!

#24 Posted by Cjdavis103 (10010 posts) - - Show Bio

@godofnick:

Give me One good explanation ONE on how Kratos is going to tag Anyone who is hyper sonic

It is not Dane I would back any skilled Hypersonic fighter with good striking feats against Kratos He is a slow as hell

and he has Haxs weponray and powers how is he h going to figt That? if the speed was equalized then Kratos would have a good shot at wining but that is the only way he takes majority here

#25 Edited by Auction_Sniper (1281 posts) - - Show Bio

A bullet isn't going to kill Kratos.

#26 Edited by PotatoOfDoom (492 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Cjdavis103 (10010 posts) - - Show Bio

@auction_sniper: Dante's gun dose not shoot bullets it shoots supernatural energy

#28 Posted by godofnick (762 posts) - - Show Bio

@cjdavis103:
You honestly give me a headache when I have to read your crap, could you write it in better English?
You act like Dante is this truly amazing DBZ tier fighter, well newsflash. He's not.
Kratos has enough durability and weapons of his own that would clash with Dante's, I don't care how fast you claim this guy to be, Kratos HAS taken on fast people before, and you said it yourself, you need to hit the guy to win, well Dante would eventually come to attack Kratos, and Kratos would fight back when he did! His Blades of Exile are crazy fast, and he has magic, and other weapons that would make Dante his b**ch. I know Dante has taken impalements, but the Blade of Olympus KILLS gods. Dante is no way going to survive an impalement from that, it can also shoot friggin' lasers, and be swung around by Kratos like it's a feather. I don't care how fast you say he is, Kratos has range, close-up, and will get the job done. Hell, when Dante is running his mouth Kratos would just freeze him with Medusa's Gaze and break him. Quit fanboying and repeating the same stuff over and over again. Dante loses.

#29 Posted by nickzambuto (29288 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by godofnick (762 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by Auction_Sniper (1281 posts) - - Show Bio

@auction_sniper: Dante's bullets killed a reality warping demon God.

Argosax? I don't recall him warping reality. And even then, Kratos isn't going to stand there like a fool.

#32 Posted by Cjdavis103 (10010 posts) - - Show Bio

@godofnick:

You act like Dante is this truly amazing DBZ tier fighter

God No, Dante would be curb stomped by the high tier DBZ Guys they are insanely overpowered people incarnate

Kratos needs to react to dante to even have a chance , any hypersonic reaction feats?

His Blades of Exile are crazy fast, and he has magic, and other weapons that would make Dante his b**ch

Oh im sorry you mean the slow ass chains he is swinging around ? are they any where near super sonic? hell do they even move at the speed of sound? No? then Dante doges them in his sleep

I know Dante has taken impalements, but the Blade of Olympus KILLS gods

Yes the gods of Olympus who die from getting their neck snapped with one hand and having eyes their eyes poked in......... not very impressive the gods do not have regen they just get stabbed. meaning If by some act of PIS Kratos does stab Dante he removes it from himself with a grin

swung around by Kratos like it's a feather

a big and slow as hell feather

Hell, when Dante is running his mouth Kratos would just freeze him with Medusa's Gaze and break him

Kratos can resist the gase for some time so can most of the more powerful grunts and have you ever used it on a boss (hint it will not work)? or Dante uses any of his Time manip abilities to kill him before he can even reach into .... wherever he stores her head Kratos is not the only one with Haxs Dante has them in spades

repeating the same stuff over and over

Then show me something that proves me wrong! Show me Kratos can even see Dante moving let alone reacting when he attacks. I am repeating my point as it is Kratos Glaring weakness anyone with any exceptional speed feats can dance around Kratos all day he is slow as f*** Hell even in his own game he was being mocked by Hermes and only won because of PIS ( Hermes stopping and just taking the hits for no real good reason and the situational environment ) and Hermes is infinitely slower then Dante

Quit fanboying

That's my line Kratos is slower by an enormous margin Kratos cant even react to Dante moving adding in time manip makes this spite ( I know Kratos has time manip but only when near Fate statues)

Kratos has strength I will give him that, if they where to arm wrestle Dante would lose, to bad to use that strength he has to tag Dante which is impossible unless you can prove that he can react to hypersonic movement

durability is a push Kratos has the tanking ability if only slightly Dante on a regular bases regens from being stabbed in the chest while Kratos was put down thrice by being stabbed in the chest ( yes he climbed out of Hades but that's enough to give Dante the win)

I just cannot see a scenario where Kratos can even touch Dante once before his head is removed from his shoulders

#33 Edited by Cjdavis103 (10010 posts) - - Show Bio

@auction_sniper: okay I read it wrong my bad

Ebony & Ivory are Dante's trademark pair of personally customized[1], semi-automatic pistols, designed to rapidly fire bullets instilled with his demonic power

it fires unlimited enchanted bullets

#34 Posted by Shot (2987 posts) - - Show Bio

hasn't this already been done like a few times. Dante stomps this wanabe.

#35 Edited by Auction_Sniper (1281 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos is actually fast, and his durability is far superior to Dante's.

#36 Posted by Cjdavis103 (10010 posts) - - Show Bio

@auction_sniper:

I have played the 3 major games where is his most impressive speed?

Durabilaty sure but Dante's HF more than makes up for that

#37 Edited by JasonHawke (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante

#38 Edited by Auction_Sniper (1281 posts) - - Show Bio

@cjdavis103 said:

@auction_sniper:

I have played the 3 major games where is his most impressive speed?

Durabilaty sure but Dante's HF more than makes up for that

He was able to keep up with Ares who is hypersonic in speed, I believe, as well as defeat/keep up with Hermes. He also has good reaction feats too.

Kratos' durability is probably better than Dante's healing factor (on top of that, it's been shown that Dante's healing factor can be "slowed" if he tired (granted, this wasn't in his "prime").

#39 Posted by Cjdavis103 (10010 posts) - - Show Bio

@auction_sniper:

Ares was hypersonic? how? o don't remember him doing anything fast. Hermes stoped and was panting mid battle he stood there taking attacks for no logical reason in fact the only reason Kratos was able to get to to him at all was PIS

#40 Edited by Auction_Sniper (1281 posts) - - Show Bio

@cjdavis103 said:

@auction_sniper:

Ares was hypersonic? how? o don't remember him doing anything fast. Hermes stoped and was panting mid battle he stood there taking attacks for no logical reason in fact the only reason Kratos was able to get to to him at all was PIS

No Caption Provided

What do you mean Hermes stopped? I don't recall Hermes stopping during there battle, and even then there is nothing that suggests that Hermes hit Kratos (he believed that Kratos cheated or something).

Hermes speed feats:

• Fast enough to run on a vertical chain;
  • Run down Mt. Olympus in a few seconds;
  • Look like he's teleporting in short bursts
  • Fill several chalices full of wine in a few seconds
  • Is a blur when he moves

Even if Kratos isn't fast enough, he can probably reach him in speed w/Hermes' boots.

#41 Posted by Cjdavis103 (10010 posts) - - Show Bio

@auction_sniper:

where does that text come from?

Loading Video...

All of the speed feats shown are all subsonic with short bursts of supersonic speed

Hermes was slow enough to be tagged by a catapult

Kratos had major difficulty ( and this is the same in every game I have seen ) in tagging him, in fact he was being blitzed occasionally ( did not do a lot of damage but shows his reaction time) now you could right this off as gameplay but as was shown Kratos was shown to be hopelessly lost against Hermes subsonic speeds and even him playing around was to fast for him . so the only conceivable reason for Kratos to be able to Tag and kill Hermes is PIS ( the catapult and Hermes not taking it seriously)

and the boots let him.... blur in a straight line after charging up Still not seeing that giving him the speed to tag Dante unless they give Kratos all the speed feats of Hermes ( I don't think it does)

#42 Edited by Auction_Sniper (1281 posts) - - Show Bio

@cjdavis103 said:

@auction_sniper:

where does that text come from?

Loading Video...

All of the speed feats shown are all subsonic with short bursts of supersonic speed

Hermes was slow enough to be tagged by a catapult

Kratos had major difficulty ( and this is the same in every game I have seen ) in tagging him, in fact he was being blitzed occasionally ( did not do a lot of damage but shows his reaction time) now you could right this off as gameplay but as was shown Kratos was shown to be hopelessly lost against Hermes subsonic speeds and even him playing around was to fast for him . so the only conceivable reason for Kratos to be able to Tag and kill Hermes is PIS ( the catapult and Hermes not taking it seriously)

"and the boots let him.... blur in a straight line after charging up Still not seeing that giving him the speed to tag Dante unless they give Kratos all the speed feats of Hermes ( I don't think it does)"

"where does that text come from?"

From the God of War novel.

"All of the speed feats shown are all subsonic with short bursts of supersonic speed"

Why would he burst in supersonic speed, but move subsonic otherwise? And how fast is subsonic supposed to be? Can people who are subsonic do the things Hermes did?

"Hermes was slow enough to be tagged by a catapult"

To be fair, he was pretty much trapped with nowhere to go.

"Kratos had major difficulty ( and this is the same in every game I have seen ) in tagging him, in fact he was being blitzed occasionally ( did not do a lot of damage but shows his reaction time) now you could right this off as gameplay but as was shown Kratos was shown to be hopelessly lost against Hermes subsonic speeds and even him playing around was to fast for him . so the only conceivable reason for Kratos to be able to Tag and kill Hermes is PIS ( the catapult and Hermes not taking it seriously)"

You may be right, However, outside of gameplay, I don't remember seeing dialogue that Kratos couldn't hit hit Hermes (unless dialogue suggest otherwise). I wouldn't say it's PIS. Why? Because Kratos is capable of dodging Zeus' lighting bolts. So either Hermes tagging Kratos (who can dodge Zeus' lightning bolts) is PIS, or Hermes is faster than Zeus' lightning bolts. You're probably right about the screwing around part, but I doubt Hermes had any way to hurt Kratos, to begin with.

"It seems Hermes may have"and the boots let him.... blur in a straight line after charging up Still not seeing that giving him the speed to tag Dante unless they give Kratos all the speed feats of Hermes ( I don't think it does)"

Considering the boots gave Hermes his speed, I don't see why they wouldn't. And with Kratos' durability, Dante is still going to have a hard time putting him down.

Loading Video...

You don't think Hermes can move that fast?

#43 Edited by Morbid_Pyro (285 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

I know this has nothing to do with speed or anything,, i just want to post this video that the fact is Kratos is not easily to be reckoned with.

#44 Posted by jackbensley777 (810 posts) - - Show Bio

Dantes from the divine comedy?

#45 Posted by oceanmaster21 (15389 posts) - - Show Bio

dante ftw

#46 Posted by Orician_Seis (542 posts) - - Show Bio

How many bullets can Kratos take to the face?

#47 Edited by Morbid_Pyro (285 posts) - - Show Bio

@orician_seis: i'm sorry but that's a lame question >.> he can take on Zeus's lighting bolts and you think he can't doge a bullet yes i know Dante's shooting skills and guns ain't normal it also uses his powers to make the guns stronger but that doesn't mean he can't dodge them we are talking about a demi god not a human.

#48 Posted by Orician_Seis (542 posts) - - Show Bio

To my knowledge Kratos does have many speed feats. So I would question him dodging bullets. Secondly, lightning is a completely different type of attack with completely different damage. Bullets pierce. Dante is basically a demigod too.

#50 Edited by Erick_Williams (1150 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos is not going down with bullets.
Dante would win sure, but is not a stomp like you guys are saying