• 114 results
Avatar image for deactivated-o78sdg008
#1 Posted by deactivated-o78sdg008 (2433 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos has all his weapons and magic including the Blades of Olympus. This is Classic Dante at the end of DMC2. Alex Mercer is at peak strength and has his Devastators. Doomsday is bloodlusted and pissed as hell.The Team has 1 hour prep. Fight takes place in NYC.

Can the team survive?

#2 Edited by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

Dante is the only one who isn't fodder, but he's still getting stomped in a 1 v 1 so Doomsday wins handily.

#3 Posted by deactivated-o78sdg008 (2433 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343: 1vs1 anyone is fodder against DD. But together they have a lot of firepower, and a versatile power set between them. Let's take Mercer. His healing factor is up there with the best of them. Whatever else, DD cannot one shot Mercer. I don't think Kratos will get jobbed quickly either. Will it be that easy for DD?

#4 Edited by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

@shirso: Somebody who gives the Justice League serious issues and who Superman instantly goes morals off against just to stand a chance isn't having trouble with a guy who can barely building bust and barely qualifies as class 100, Mercer is a mid tier in every regard and he's never healed from attacks as powerful as Doomsday can muster.

As for Kratos, he gets his head ripped off quickly, he has nothing in his arsenal to faze Doomsday and he too is only a mid tier.

Dante lasts the longest because he's easily the most hax and by far the fastest out of his team mates but Doomsday is physically too much.

#5 Posted by TG_54 (544 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday is winning this one

#6 Posted by deactivated-o78sdg008 (2433 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343: Didn't Mercer survive a nuclear explosion, if I am not wrong?

#7 Edited by Leo-343 (30909 posts) - - Show Bio

@shirso: He got turned into a puddle of mush by the shockwave of the blast when he was miles away from the epicentre, then a random plot crow landed on him so he could absorb it and regenerate from said puddle of mush.

#8 Posted by AgentSandman (1009 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343 said:

@shirso: Somebody who gives the Justice League serious issues and who Superman instantly goes morals off against just to stand a chance isn't having trouble with a guy who can barely building bust and barely qualifies as class 100, Mercer is a mid tier in every regard and he's never healed from attacks as powerful as Doomsday can muster.

As for Kratos, he gets his head ripped off quickly, he has nothing in his arsenal to faze Doomsday and he too is only a mid tier.

Dante lasts the longest because he's easily the most hax and by far the fastest out of his team mates but Doomsday is physically too much.

This

#9 Edited by ponello (801 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos solos

#10 Posted by Godknow (10 posts) - - Show Bio

DD stomps.

#11 Posted by Xargo (959 posts) - - Show Bio

kratos' magic and godly weapons ?, capable but if Doomsday was week to magic captain marvel would deal with him, Doomsday lacerates.

alex mercer's viral DNA ?, theres no form mercer could take that would change anything, it never did with manhunter, and Doomsday is immune to all disease, viruses and bacteria, Doomsday obliterates.

Dante's weapons and ancient relic weapons would no fare no better than kratos' and Doomsdays destructive powers would overwhelm dante, Doomsday desecrates...

#12 Edited by Dygoboy (4161 posts) - - Show Bio

Mercer and Kratos are a non factor. Kratos gets one-shot and if Alex's body is somehow intact from a punch from Doomsday he takes a trip to space. Dante holds his own for a while. A standard morals on Dante without Knowledge on Doomsday would play around too much and gets beaten down. If it's Devil May Cry 2 Dante where he literally is serious 60% of the time and can easily go full power when the situation calls for it Doomsday gets BFR'd or get's transmuted or gets cut to pieces by Yamato,or gets soul,life force haxed to oblivion. That's how OP DMC 2 Dante is.. But that's unlikely so Dante gets beaten down to the ground after a good fight with Doomsday.

Somebody who gives the Justice League serious issues and who Superman instantly goes morals off against just to stand a chance isn't having trouble with a guy who can barely building bust and barely qualifies as class 100, Mercer is a mid tier in every regard and he's never healed from attacks as powerful as Doomsday can muster.

Barely qualifies? Mercer was already in the 100+ ton class when he was already in Prototype 1. He got exponentially stronger since then.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Well. We intended Alex to be...well one of characters in video game if you believe it. (Chuckles). We made him powerful enough to lift vehicles,lifting military transports,destroying buildings and even kicking helicopters off the air. Fast enough to outrun even the fastest vehicles. I think it's safe to say that we did a pretty good job in doing so (chuckles).

Some of the designers back in the beta stages,after we teamed up with Activision. They actually thought that it was too much power at the players hands. How we'e we going to balance that within the game? said Well obviously we had to cut a few things out. And make some small changes to the game during the Alpha stages of development.

Tim Bennison and Dennis Detwiller, the senior designer and writer of and the executive producer of Prototype, .described Mercer as one of the most powerful video game characters ever created Even the game's own lead writers and the producer said Mercer's strength and power is more than enough to lift Tanks in Prototype 1. He was even supposed to be a lot stronger than what the game's even showed us.

And building busting feat:

Loading Video...

Make that a building busting++ due to destroying reinforced and regenerating hives.

@leo-343 said:

@shirso: He got turned into a puddle of mush by the shockwave of the blast when he was miles away from the epicentre, then a random plot crow landed on him so he could absorb it and regenerate from said puddle of mush.

Shockwave No.

Blast wave? Indeed Yes.

Epic Center/Nuclear Fusion? Likely

Blast wave? Yes. The Nuke was meant wipe out New York from the face of the earth. You can't escape the blast radius with a Blackhawk Helicopter with a top speed of 194 mph. In which Alex on foot effortlessly surpasses. He only had few seconds to escape. Did you really think he would escape the Blast radius in less than 7 seconds? Absolutely no. Even in Prototype 2 a part of lower Manhattan still got hit with the shockwave and caused the birth of the Dead Zone. The Shockwave was still enough to reach lower Manhattan even though it was a lot more than 100's of miles away from it. Even in the Prototype 1 alternate ending.

This is what it does to New York if you let it detonate on the ship. In the Aircraft Carrier. Which is still miles away from Manhattan I´ll tell you.

Loading Video...

And it still incinerates Manhattan and good portion of New York. So Mercer was within the Blast Radius. And even the Supreme Hunter noted to Alex that if he consumed him. He would easily survive the Nuke.

"When the weapon detonates and they think that the infection is cleansed,they won't come looking for me. And when I consume you,I will be able to withstand....even this."

Alex survived it easily within the blast radius. And regenerated from a few cells all the way back to a blob as he reached shore. Then consumed a crow which pretty much put him back to full power in seconds. So Plot Crow? No. It shows Alex's absorption and regeneration potential. Healing from a few cells after the nuke drop. And completely regenerating back to his prime after consuming nothing more than a crow? Consuming a man should probably make him unstoppable. But gaming inconsistencies are inconsistencies. But Meh.It doesn't really matter he still gets owned by Doomsday. Just wanted to enlighten you a little bit.

Still this doesn't change the fact that both Kratos and Alex are none factors or nothing more than a distraction in a straight up fight for Dante to think quickly and try to turn the tables.

#13 Posted by Killerwasp (17239 posts) - - Show Bio

@shirso said:

YES YOU ARE WRONG I WISH PEOPLE WOULD STOP TRYING TO WANK MERCER..

#14 Posted by Dygoboy (4161 posts) - - Show Bio

@shirso said:

YES YOU ARE WRONG I WISH PEOPLE WOULD STOP TRYING TO WANK MERCER..

NONONONONONONO! You are wrong! He did survive! But still doesn't matter since he almost got disintegrated. And that's still irrelevant to a clear durability feat. It's more of a survivalbility and a show off of his healing factor.

But he gets punched off the face of the earth by Doomsday and explore the cosmos or gets blown apart.

Leaving Dante to try and turn things around.

#15 Posted by Killerwasp (17239 posts) - - Show Bio

@dygoboy: He didnt tank the nuke so no you're wrong

#16 Posted by Dygoboy (4161 posts) - - Show Bio

@dygoboy: He didnt tank the nuke so no you're wrong

I never said anything about tanking! I think you're confusing the word tanking and surviving. Tanking is when you literally take all damage and a good portion of you is still left and you took the hit. But Alex took the hit but barely a portion of him made it out. So he survived. His body resisted the heat and possibilly the nuclear fusion and also the shockwave. He survived. He did not tank. He SURVIVED.

#17 Edited by Killerwasp (17239 posts) - - Show Bio

@dygoboy: No you're confusing my words, please re-read what i said before you try to argue again, I'm arguing he didnt tank the nuke he tanked part of it, which in other words means lives on. That's what durability/tanking means. If I was to tank a bullet, and die, then i wouldn't be tanking it now would I?

#18 Edited by Dygoboy (4161 posts) - - Show Bio

@killerwasp said:

@dygoboy: No you're confusing my words, please re-read what i said before you try to argue again.I'm arguing he didnt tank the nuke he tanked part of it, which in other words means lives on. That's what durability/tanking means. If I was to tank a bullet, and die, then i wouldn't be tanking it now would I?

I really don't see the word confusion. You said he didn't tank. And I agreed that yes he did not tank. But he survived. He took the hit from the nuclear fusion,then the blast and then the shockwave. He tanked a portion of it but the rest pretty much vaporized him. But his body still regenerated. So yeah he survived.

#19 Posted by Killerwasp (17239 posts) - - Show Bio

@dygoboy: and again he didnt survive the whole nuke, just part of it

#20 Posted by Dygoboy (4161 posts) - - Show Bio

@dygoboy: and again he didnt survive the whole nuke, just part of it

What part of? Is it only the shockwave? Because that has been proven to false. He had few seconds to escape a nuke that would pretty much blast New York to kingdom come. And even with the elongated distance it stilled reached New York and caused the creation of the Dead Zone. Turning the lower half of Manhattan into a fiery wasteland on Prototype 2.

He very well arguably survived the Nuclear Fusion

He definitely survived the fire blast

Survived the nuclear fallout

and definitely survived the shockwave.

Read my post above explaining it.

#21 Edited by Killerwasp (17239 posts) - - Show Bio

@dygoboy: It was proven false, when you see the helicopter at the end, and no ill pass until you can actually decide what to argue on

#22 Posted by Dygoboy (4161 posts) - - Show Bio

@dygoboy: It was proven false, when you see the helicopter at the end, and no ill pass until you can actually decide what to argue on

I don't understand what you're saying lol.

#23 Edited by Killerwasp (17239 posts) - - Show Bio

@dygoboy:

Read my post above explaining it.

^and no ill pass until you can actually decide what to argue on

Anyway as we both have concluded, mercer and kratos are non factors in this fight so this argument being made is rather irrelevant

#24 Posted by deactivated-o78sdg008 (2433 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get why everyone is low balling Kratos here. Doomsday is not really known for speed feats. With Hermes's boots and Icarus's wings Kratos can easily stay out of DD's reach, especially since Team has prep. And then can't he hurt DD with his array of magical powers? Say for example, Medusa's Head?

#25 Edited by kyrees (13436 posts) - - Show Bio

@shirso said:

I don't get why everyone is low balling Kratos here. Doomsday is not really known for speed feats. With Hermes's boots and Icarus's wings Kratos can easily stay out of DD's reach, especially since Team has prep. And then can't he hurt DD with his array of magical powers? Say for example, Medusa's Head?

if omega beams can't keep doomsday down for that long, what makes you think magic from olympus would fare any better ? medusa's head can be broken apart or even reflected. superman can fly but was promptly dragged down by doomsday's bone tentacles and majority of the team can't take a full on doomsday's punch. superman is purely morals off on both his fight against him and yet he only succeeded in killing him once at the cost of his own life and BFR him the second time.

how do you even prep against a monster that has such extreme adaptation capability that he had to be taken to the end of time to be stopped completely ?

#26 Posted by cpt_nice (9864 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343 said:

On point, as always

#27 Posted by DarkWrath (559 posts) - - Show Bio

@leo-343 said:

This ^

#28 Posted by EliteMan737 (2917 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday solos team :p

#29 Edited by w12yeah (607 posts) - - Show Bio

wait kratos has the blade of olympus which doomsday will kill him then use it then beat all of them

#30 Posted by Hypnos0929 (6340 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday wins because Kratos will eventually get killed, Alex will become a puddle and Dante will eventual be killed. Though I would say Kratos and Dante's ability to stop/slow time will definitely help them stay alive a little longer than if it was just a fight

Avatar image for roberto alvarenga
#31 Edited by Roberto Alvarenga (247 posts) - - Show Bio

By science, mercer cant be harmed by basically any physical attack, and he can slice trough DD like butter.

DD doesnt have desintegration, so no harming alex, DD is also half organic, so mercer just insta absorbs him.

But since no one cares about science, it is unimportant that mercer is thousands of times stronger than the core of a neutron star, it is also unimportant that his blade can slice trough supersolids like if they were thin air, BUT, by feats, mercer can still inta absorb DD , cause DD doesnt have blacklight.

Also kratos can probably solo, cause magic.

#32 Posted by w12yeah (607 posts) - - Show Bio

@roberto alvarenga: the question is can the team survive well if DD was killed the first time you know what happens next

#33 Posted by AndreyS1337 (554 posts) - - Show Bio

DD stomps

#34 Posted by kyrees (13436 posts) - - Show Bio

By science, mercer cant be harmed by basically any physical attack, and he can slice trough DD like butter.

DD doesnt have desintegration, so no harming alex, DD is also half organic, so mercer just insta absorbs him.

But since no one cares about science, it is unimportant that mercer is thousands of times stronger than the core of a neutron star, it is also unimportant that his blade can slice trough supersolids like if they were thin air, BUT, by feats, mercer can still inta absorb DD , cause DD doesnt have blacklight.

Also kratos can probably solo, cause magic.

by kryptonian science, doomsday outright evolves through anything that can harm or kill him and omega beams have nearly killed him. mercer is nothing unique in that degree

doomsday was killed by an energy being before and came back alive to kill said energy being. what makes a walking organic soup like mercer anymore unique to that energy being ?

lol, where did that kind of science came from when he was virtually vaporized by a nuke ? a core of neutron star is a million more times tougher than a simple nuke that nearly vaporized him. whether DD has blacklight or not won't matter because of his battle with radiant, said energy being whom he managed to counter accordingly, not to mention him managing to exploit martian manhunter's weakness to fire by copying it.

medusa's head ain't even that effective against stronger beings in GOW, why would it suddenly be trump card to a perferct kryptonian like doomsday ?

#35 Posted by deactivated-o78sdg008 (2433 posts) - - Show Bio

@w12yeah: Yeah, I did not mean Team has to kill DD forever. We both know nobody can do that. If they can incapacitate him once, Team wins.

#36 Edited by kyrees (13436 posts) - - Show Bio

@shirso said:

Yeah, I did not mean Team has to kill DD forever. We both know nobody can do that. If they can incapacitate him once, Team wins.

darkseid incapacitated him once and proceeded to be attacked by doomsday afterwards

radiant killed him with an attack that razed a large portion of the planet they were on.

imperiex blasted him to bones.

see the pattern here ? it takes a lot of firepower to incapacitate him which borders to killing him.

#37 Edited by Roberto Alvarenga (247 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: Energy beeing =/= blacklight, mercer can absorb any organics without blacklight and some low mass inorganics (steel ish level).

Neutron star cores have MAX about 1000 g/cm3 (a magnetar), a human has 1g/cm3 , mercer has absorbed hundreds of thousands , so yes , mercer dwarfs a neutron star core's density (no pun intended), and this is not even taking into account the factthat proto 2 alex is leagues above normal alex, he had so much mass in him , when ZEUS let heller absorb alex, heller just oneshotted eveything in NY.

Reason he ''died'' , was cause he was in the thermobaric nuclear bomb's nuclear fusion epicentre, as it was said ''when i absorb you i will be able to survive the explosion'' as in surviving the high pressure zone and surviving the shockwave.Alex could have very easily survived it and didnt even bother to escape , instead of jumping off a slow as hell blackhawk he decided to stay there.

Even tough he should have been vaporized, none of him was lost, all he really needed was to eat a crow and pickup the rest of himself.

This shows that not even desintegration can kill him, and that no matter how hard you try, he isnt gonna die because he can regenerate back from a handfull of cells.

You say doomsday will be back, except he wont because this is a fight to the death.if he dies, he isnt coming back, because the rules said so, that probably also applies to puddle mercer, but it wont really come to that point.

Even with all of DD's strenght , he cant survive a supersolid 100k g/cm3 sharpened blade coming him at a few hundred meters a second, and he also isnt gonna tickle mercer because mercer is a few hundred times steonger than the steongest of materials, a magnetar's core, so until DD can bust a few dozen of those, hes not really gonna do anything.

Best hope for DD is to thrown alex into space, since alex only weighs 80 000 tons (thats about two titanics, wich DD can easily lift), but then he can try to airdash and glide or do a full momentum stop, so it will only slow him down, plus kratos or dante can pull him down.

And DD isn't really a god , to medusa's eyes (no pun intended) hes just another fleshbag, because he doesnt have any olympus juice in him, so i highly doubt it cant kill him.

Then theres dante, wich could solo given the time for him to come on with a good hax.

#38 Edited by kyrees (13436 posts) - - Show Bio

@roberto alvarenga said:

Energy beeing =/= blacklight, mercer can absorb any organics without blacklight and some low mass inorganics (steel ish level).

Neutron star cores have MAX about 1000 g/cm3 (a magnetar), a human has 1g/cm3 , mercer has absorbed hundreds of thousands , so yes , mercer dwarfs a neutron star core's density (no pun intended), and this is not even taking into account the factthat proto 2 alex is leagues above normal alex, he had so much mass in him , when ZEUS let heller absorb alex, heller just oneshotted eveything in NY.

Reason he ''died'' , was cause he was in the thermobaric nuclear bomb's nuclear fusion epicentre, as it was said ''when i absorb you i will be able to survive the explosion'' as in surviving the high pressure zone and surviving the shockwave.Alex could have very easily survived it and didnt even bother to escape , instead of jumping off a slow as hell blackhawk he decided to stay there.

Even tough he should have been vaporized, none of him was lost, all he really needed was to eat a crow and pickup the rest of himself.

This shows that not even desintegration can kill him, and that no matter how hard you try, he isnt gonna die because he can regenerate back from a handfull of cells.

You say doomsday will be back, except he wont because this is a fight to the death.if he dies, he isnt coming back, because the rules said so, that probably also applies to puddle mercer, but it wont really come to that point.

Even with all of DD's strenght , he cant survive a supersolid 100k g/cm3 sharpened blade coming him at a few hundred meters a second, and he also isnt gonna tickle mercer because mercer is a few hundred times steonger than the steongest of materials, a magnetar's core, so until DD can bust a few dozen of those, hes not really gonna do anything.

Best hope for DD is to thrown alex into space, since alex only weighs 80 000 tons (thats about two titanics, wich DD can easily lift), but then he can try to airdash and glide or do a full momentum stop, so it will only slow him down, plus kratos or dante can pull him down.

And DD isn't really a god , to medusa's eyes (no pun intended) hes just another fleshbag, because he doesnt have any olympus juice in him, so i highly doubt it cant kill him.

Then theres dante, wich could solo given the time for him to come on with a good hax.

are you really going to tell me that a walking organic soup is superior to an energy form that came from a technology beyond humans ? radiant is a product of calaton's royal family essences whom at least possesses metahuman capabilities. this is a pure energy being that doomsday flatout cut in half during their second fight.

and yet one nuke flatout vaporized him. quite a contradiction you know for all the claims you posted and doomsday survived even worse stuff. heck, entropy only kept him down and once he was pulled away from that place by braniac, doomsday regenerated back.

this shows that his regeneration is quite low in the rung of true regenerators because it needed to have an activator like that crow. doomsday never needed such activators.

doomsday survived punches from a moral's off superman and even ignored it during the second fight. you think a sharp blade like that is going to hurt him accordingly ? average kryptonians survive worse stuff than that fast blade and this is a genetically superior kryptonian. the science you claimed on mercer isn't even corroborrated anywhere. is that fan calcs ?

the average mook on GOW can shake off medusa's effect if left too long. DD is infinitely stronger than them. if your argument is that medusa's power works on anyone who doesn't have olympus juice, then you defeated your argument because you are flatout claiming medusa's head can kill outside GOW universe regardless of their power. that's a straightout NLF.

dante actually has the chance but dante isn't even as bloodlusted as DD to use all his abilities off the bat.

#39 Posted by deactivated-o78sdg008 (2433 posts) - - Show Bio

bumps

#40 Edited by Roberto Alvarenga (247 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: this is a battle, he isnt coming back and he will stay dead, sure , DD Can with time get strong enough to kill basically everyone, but not here, this is a fight to the death.

Mercer operates by absorbing mass and gaining density, and also absorving some properties of that mass (DNA), he absorbs a human, he gains one human of density, he absorbs 100, he gains 100.

But he has absorbed tens of thousands , hundreds of thoudands or even millions, but lets just assume he absorbed 10 000.

Even at 0 he was already tanking sniper bullets, tanking 100+mm shells , all sorts of missiles, and was already lifting cars and throwing thrm at people, and this i did not factor in, wich i should have, cause his cells aint the same as ours, they are far better in everyway, and each even has its own minibrain.

Even at 10 000 , hes still 10x denser and stronger than a magnetar , said magnetar is leagues above a normal star ( to pu into perspective , you need 25 exatons, or 25 trillion megatons to break apart a moon, and 160 tenatons, or 160 septillion megatons to break apart a star), so you can see where this is going: no.

Then theres also the fact that mercer cant be broken , cause y'know hes amorphous , so he can just blob his way back like he did before.

Of course he isnt as big as a star nor has any gravity , so a better comparison would be a graphene(130 Gpa) supersolid (he can realign his atoms so they are ''sheet''-like, to copy the resistance of it) , so 130 Tpa , wich is still a ludicrous amount of tensile strenght that doomsday can only slightly scratch.

Because alex is a superfluid (and also amorphous, good combo) , you cant physically hurt him , due tothe fact supersolids are frictionless fluids, so if DD punches him, it will just go trough him and do absolutely nothing, and since DD relies on punching people, he will find it hard to punch a frictionless liquid (and he cant come back to adapt because fight to the death).

He also cant really BFR alex , because supersolids ignore attempts to push them back, any attempts of anything on alex will only do the dame thing it would do to a liquid, but an even more slippery one, just like we see in the game (albeit at nerfed amounts).

Overall this makes alex immune to physical damage, since he can control his form , he can either use his natural frictionless liquidity to simply ignore anything or just force his atoms in place to act as a normal solid, so DD basically has to not only beat a liquid but a liquid that is 130 TeraPascals strong (basically stronger than supes, a single sheet of graphene can stop a full speed jumbo jet , 10 000 x that will stop 10 000 jets , multiply that by the atoms in a humans body(7*10e27) divided by the atoms or moles of a paper sheet(1*10e23)and u get a extremely and you get 700 million jets , a single jumbo jet crash is 180 000 tons of force, so mercer can withstand about 135 teratonnes of force,a force slightly under what is needed to destroy a star with 1 sol size(ours).

Science.

As for offense, mercer's blunt force may be laughable , his strike power being at around 125 000 tons , and lift strenght at 75 000 , the titanic for example weighs 45 000 tons, so a full power (mach 0.05?, i think he has more punching speed, but im unsure) punch wont really harm DD, but his blade, beeing a very serious super solid, will basically cut trough anything in existence like butter...

If you dont believe my calcs, go ahead and start from scratch yourself(it will take you plenty of hours), i dont blame you, mercer's true power is vey well hidden by the devs so people think he is a street/block leveler and dont realize hes (scientifically speaking) far , far , far above that, so i know its hard to sink that in.

(And btw, i didnt take into account that alex with no extra mass was already lifting cars and tanking collapsing buildings, because if you multiply that by the numbers already on the table, there will be alot of zeros)

As for medusa's head, its description is that it can freeze enemies other than gorgons and very powerful entitys , and DD isnt from that universe and doesnt have the greek mythology in his veins, so he has no affinity to protect himself from it.

Superman can break planets, but he dies to a green rock , you cant break planets but you dont die from that rock.

But sure, one can simply say that medusa's head is argumentative, and ignore its actual power simply because it breaks the system, but i wouldnt say kratos is a pushover, a distraction at least, wich is a good thing for dante.

#41 Edited by kyrees (13436 posts) - - Show Bio

a fight to death means permanent death. how can you claim he can fight to a death when one can keep coming back from it especially on DD's case where it took him minutes to comeback from an OB ? heck, DD actively adapts to things that damages him during his second fight to superman. majority of the team can't even do that kind of damage to DD and the one guy that can do is not serious enough to do it at once.

gaining the mass of countless people when he can barely throw a tank over a significant distance and gets significantly damaged by a nuke doesn't prove anything. fighting superman evenly and overpowers him proves a lot.

radiant is an energy being. a mass of living plasma and DD went through him accordingly. the state of matter might be different but a superliquid ain't unique enough to prevent DD from adapting to it.

fan calcs are not going to be accepted because it's essentially a personal calculation with no acknowledgment on the ones who actually made that characters and it's even worse that another person can arrive to a different answer if they just made one difference in their calculations or even no difference at all. you also can't prove that your calculations are the correct ones to date nor is it anymore correct to everyone who did it. heck, with your calculations, he shouldn't even be harmed by that nuke and look what happened afterwards. your calculations essentially don't follow what happened ingame.

the so called "it only occurs in my universe so it's dangerous to everyone outside it" statement is a weak statement because it assumes it's equal on every universe when in reality, multiple universe work on their own different ways. heck, if that was true, other kryptonites from other universes should harm superboy prime and yet not one kryptonite except from the ones that came from his universe can work on him.

you do understand the concept of weakpoints right ? he's infinitely strong but has some underlying weakness that can be exploited on. what has a specific weakpoint going to do against that character when it's not even exploited accordingly ? it's not a detraction that a character has a weakpoint when his/her overall power is still a force to reckon with. by your logic, living tribunal should be weaker than thor because a bunch of beyonders killed him without effort and thor was able to kill one with difficulty. that's ignoring the fact the beyonders were kryptonites to living tribunal and living tribunal can effortlessly erase thor.

kratos is essentially a distraction to DD when an infinitely stronger team like the justice league can't subdue DD down.

#42 Posted by Roberto Alvarenga (247 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: when DD dies, he dies , then a next evolution of him appears.

So if he dies here, beeing a fight to death (and having the OP say they dont have to permakill him, because it is inpossible) , he simply dies, and he isnt coming back.Saying he will be back is like saying in a KO battle that wolverine will wakeup.

Mercer died by a nuke because of thermonuclear fusion, it doesnt matter how dense or strong a material is , that fusion will shuffle atoms and break any links.The fact that mercer is strong as a star is meanless to desintegration/reatomization.Infact , a percentage of his atoms should have become nitrogen , yet he somehow resisted that kept all of his atoms intact, and just needed to literally pick them up.

And he very easily lifted that 35 ton bradley , it flew past a whole street and he did so using one arm while smiling at heller, i wouldnt call that ''hardly lifting'' , he also constantly rips the heads off of goliaths and the turrets of heavily armored 100+ ton tanks with little to no effort, at his early ''life'' a single of his punches anhiolates a riot-armor human and send him flying past the street (may not look impressive, but that means a single baby punch is already a 10+ ton strike), we see heller instakilling brawlers (who can no sell full-stop car collisions, basically no sell 4 ton impacts, and continue killing whoever is around) when he is angry, and heller is leagues and leagues under mercer.Mercer broke trough a 2 foot wide vault door like it was nothing.

Sure that may look like nothing compared to DD (because it is) , but when you have a 1kg/cm3 blade on your arm , those few lunch tons make all the difference(tough simply accidentally walking to it would separate basically anything in half).

If my hands were indestructible i could very well punch that plasma beeing, because plasma can easily be interacted with , atleast when compared to a frictionless liquid, while plasma acts like a liquid , supersolids are frictionless , they slide through anything and let anything slide trough them.if you shoot plasma at a wall , it will deal very tiny kinetic force(negligible), along with thermal, magnetic etc , while a supersolid will simply bounce off(basically DD cant touch alex, but alex can make himself solid to hit DD).plus theres the fact that plasma will let a different polar magnetization phase trough them , so DD having a magnetic swipe punch doesnt impress me.

''You cant prove your calcs'', well... ''Alex gains the mass of what he consumes'', that proves everything, if you still dont understand it, he eats 2 guys he becomes 3 in 1 , he eats 10 000 he becomes 10 001 in 1.thats why he is a supersolid, its simple density logic (plus graphene sheet layering , since hes both carbon and can control his molecules), think ant man , he is small but still has his strenght , mercer is normal but has his food's strenght...

Tough the thing i didnt factor in is with mercer his cells are naturally far stronger than a human , they are also nothing alike a human, they are an inception of cells, cells within cells (thats why he can be so dense,he reduces the void-ed spaces between atoms to fit things inside things as much as possible), they each have a celular wall(like plants) and a minibrain(so each cell is as smart as a human).We see at his early beginnings, where he absorbed noone , he was already lifting cars and tanking explosions and bullets like nothing, wich means he is actually far stronger than what i justsaid , ao i decided to not count that in because too many zeros.

If you dont believe my calcs do them yourself, or ask someone to do them, just dont come here and say they are meanless, cause they arent, by that logic i can say DD cant adapt to supersolids or kratos's medusa's gaze , cause it wasnt shown in the source material.

As i said, wether medusa works is argumentative, comes to the option of the OP, od needs a poll, but it is both fair and unfair to exclude it.

I understand what you mean abot the medusa head, but i wanted to ponder what was more ethically correct, having kratos rekt or having DD rekt.tough since kratos is in a team, i guess it is more fair if he does...

#43 Edited by kyrees (13436 posts) - - Show Bio

except he is coming back to life in this instance. his adaptive evolution includes that ability. why would you not include such ability when it's not even restricted by the OP. by that rationale, hulk's regeneration when he was reduced to almost a skeleton shouldn't be allowed.

if you are rated at star level durability, an average nuke that wipes out a city won't hurt because a star is a massive nuclear furnace with mass to boot on its own without the overpressure of an explosion. heck, neutron stars are even so dense that its materials are significantly denser to endure such low yield blast. with your calculations, he shouldn't even be budged by a simple shockwave of that nuke. why is that the other way around ? you put too much faith on science and calculations when ingame showings tell otherwise. by that rationale, superman shouldn't even be alive when he passes through stars because of nuclear reaction and yet superman survives novas accordingly

the things mercer did is not comparable to the things superman did pre crisis and it was a morals off pre-crisis superman that DD faced.

i will repeat it again, radiant is a mass of living plasma, another state of matter. it's an entirely different kind of element that DD cut through accordingly. why should one state of matter be harder to DD to adapt when a significantly different state of matter was adapted accordingly ? it doesn't matter if its genetically superior, this is a state of matter where DD reacted accordingly.

you can't lump DD's adaptation feats to your fan calcs and say both can be meaningless when the latter is not even supported by the showings and has to be recalculated with a standard where nobody has agreed on while the former can be used with simple ABC logic and doesn't need any long winded extrapolation of data. the problem with such long winded data of yours is the higher chance of error in it and even now it is already seen. there's too much unnecessay data in your argument that it can't even defeat the nuke vaporization feat accordingly

moral ethics on "everyone" or your personal bias that kratos or the team should win ? this isn't an ethical dilemna, this is a comparative data of who's who. the moment you think one group is "ethically correct to win", you just put your personal bias into it too much that you ignore more relativistic data. i love dante more than DD but i ain't saying dante one-shots despite him capable of doing so with my full on personal bias.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a6b5b2407e
#44 Posted by deactivated-5a5a6b5b2407e (1152 posts) - - Show Bio

Team stomps

#45 Edited by Roberto Alvarenga (247 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: OP explicitly said that you dont have to kill him ''Yeah, I did not mean Team has to kill DD forever. We both know nobody can do that. If they can incapacitate him once, Team wins.''

I am very well aware that the game doesnt show what it should shown, but the game applies a concept wich all comes out in science, unlike guys like supes have ''benchpressed the earth'' feats and whatever , mercer due to absorbing density and manipulating his own molecules and it's spaces , one can simply calculate his strenght numberically (atleast in what comes to defense).

When stars run their cycles, the carbon cycle , aka CNO cycle for example(cause mercer is carbon) does a loop of carbon-nitrogen-oxygen, stars are always reatomizing themselves due to their own thermobaric fusion , but nothing ever happens because they are huge and their gravity contains the cycle enclosed.

In the case of mercer, he was in the fusion radius of the bomb, he is small , so he got slpattered to pieces, but he still survived.

This is both a good thing and a bad thing , mercer showed to be weak to desintegration or reatomization (like any normal thing should), but showed incapable of dying to it , and also incapable to beeing transmutated into nitrogen.he simply ate a crow and walked along the beach picking up his goo...

He has indeed shown to be able to no sell explosions , he literally ignored a thermobaric bomb that exploded right in front of him , and thermobaric bombs have the explosive yield of a tactical nuke , without the radiation fallout, and he also gets shot with all sort of small-time thermobaric tank shells and AG missiles at certain events. These are well above the shockwave of a nuke, the game's nuke maximum PHYSICAL force (point blank) is 430 Terajoules or 100 000 tons of force , since alex was quite a few meters away from it , he wasnt even covering 10% of the spherical shockwave , so he didnt receive more than 10 000 tons, about the same force of a full speed jumbo jet on your face , wich mercer can easily handle (in his early days he had a building collapse completely on him and didnt care).

The reason guys like supes survive this is because PIS energy shield of awesomeness, just like the PIS pimp resistance of thanos when he flew trough a 2 parsec blackhole and came back with only flesh wounds. They simply survive because writer decides they can.(and supernovas are sorta harmless , even at close range)

Yes , Pre C S is strong , but he battled DD with blunt force , and blunt force is extremely weak.but a 10kg/cm3 sheet layered blade can basically cut trough anyone, because its basically swinging a 10x magnetar sword with graphene layering around , wich is just bad , and can cyt trough anything that isnt vibranium or adamantium like butter.

I never said that DD couldnt adapt to superfluids , but only that he cant HERE , because he was KILLED by radiant and had to come back a few years later to killbhim.if he dies here, he dies , and that is simply it , no coming back better faster stronger for him.

You keep saying DD will just come back , if sure if he did he could very well kill everyone, someday even the spectre (and farther), but that is not gonna happen here.

And theres still the fact that mercer can absorb non BL creatures instantly, so DD is kinda punching his own gooey doom...

The problem i see with kratos is, he becomes fodder without medusa, and becomes god with it, so its a dillemma of who deserves to loose, and since kratos is on a team, i guess he does...

#46 Posted by BlessedbyHorus (6313 posts) - - Show Bio

@ponello said:

Kratos solos

Kratos is NOT soloing...

#47 Edited by kyrees (13436 posts) - - Show Bio

and yet doomsday can revive himself accordingly. if he was barely taken out that long by darkseid, why would it suddenly not be accounting that feat ? by that logic, hulk getting reduced to near skeleton is a KO but then he regended that fast in 3 panels.

the problem with your calc argument is that you are essentially saying that your calcs is far more correct than what is shown by that character. that's a wrong kind of argument because it's not within that character's context anymore, it's within that fan's interpretation. it's essentially ignoring the shown feat. using PIS as some kind of cover statement to dispose a character's feat only works if the character only showed it once.

there was no indication that doomsday was revived a few years later. all the calatonians did after radiant killed him was essentially throw his body into space because of their traditions. he could have woken up there in transit. not that it matters given him standing up to darksied's OB a few minutes afterwards.

he didn't come back when he was in entropy, he didn't come back when imperiex reduced him into bones. my fact still have limits which only 1 person in this team could reach accordingly.

kratos with medusa's head is not a black and white scenario where he's overpowered as hell since the item is quite resistable even in its own universe.

one last thing, mercer is a lot more relative to science than your calculations because that character is vulnerable to an average nuke and your calcs put him on star level.

#48 Edited by Dark-Magic (236 posts) - - Show Bio

They can't kill doomsday so team 1 loses

#49 Edited by Roberto Alvarenga (247 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: i am aware that DD regenerated, but that would probably be a KO, even even of it isnt, dante can continuously keep DD as bones.

The calcs i do is not within my personal interpration , it is simply scientifically accurate.if i had a potato with 10000 potatos in it, it would be star durability.

Even if radiant didnt kill DD, he was adrift for a long time, in this battle, he wont have that chance, because dante and comicvine.

Ive already explained how mercer simply couldnt have died from that nukes shockwave , he died from fusion.

The nuke was underwater, mercer was in a blackhawk helicopter, the percentage of the sphere that was beeing occupied by that 2m figure is simply too small to do anything over the force of a collapsing building.

If fusion didnt exist, even the helicopter would be ok, torn to alot of pieces, but nothing a rebuild cant handle.

Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
#50 Posted by Hocko1999_VIRUS (2970 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday pops several video-game-protagonist shaped blood filled balloons each with one punch.