Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By GXrevolution96

No Caption Provided

Zuko & Azula

No Caption Provided

Can Korra take down these two formidable fire bending masters?

Zuko post-dragon training

Azula Book 3 Pre-mental Breakdown

Rules

• No avatar state
  • Korra can bend 4 elements
  • No lightning
  • Win by KO or Death
  • Start 10 ft apart
  • Korra has her glider
  • 5 prep

No Caption Provided

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@gxrevolution96: lol. You posted the battle here too?

Anyway, I think Korra takes this after a tough fight.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Arcus1

This'll be difficult but if Korra fights smart I could see her taking it. She's much more aggressive than Aang, and she has firebending, which he never did when fighting them. It'll be very close, and if she slips up a little bit it'll go badly for her, but I think she can take a slight majority

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Zuko and Azula IMO.

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By 106me

The hell...?

Azula and Zuko win with ease.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me: why do you think it's so easy?

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Because Zuko and Azula gave Aang hell when each of them fought him in their 2v2 fight. There wasn't anyway he would even last if he took them both on without Katara.

Now, imagine a less experienced Avatar taking on Zuko and Azula alone. There's just no way she would win (unless of course, she went into the Avatar state, but that is not allowed here and anyone in the avatar state would beat anyone in the Avatar-universe).

Avatar image for jr_avatarexpert
JR_AvatarExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me said:

The hell...?

No way! Korra will win. Of course it will be a challenge but she would be to much for them.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me: How is Korra less experienced? She's older and has learned all 4 elements. Aang only ever had 3 when he fought Azula and Zuko. Aang has also destroyed Zuko plenty of times

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team obliterates.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dextersinister

@106me:

Now, imagine a less experienced Avatar taking on Zuko and Azula alone.

Korra is a much more experienced fighter than Aang.

She is also a lot more aggressive than him and knows faster bending techniques not to mention she probably has the most/best showings of any character when it comes to negating another benders element and most of those where fire. She has also a lot stronger than Azulo and Zuko so would take them if it got close

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, experience is subjective.

Everyone Korra has fought and beat first time around was relatively fodder/featless, Aang on the other hand has defeated or stalemated multiple people in many ways, out of his respective weight class (Zuko, Bumi, etc.)

Korra is more aggressively an Aang, but that is more than likely her downfall here. As much as they hate each other, Azula and Zuko make a very good team. Korra struggles with being hit by attacks a lot, as she usually prefers to bend them around her as to dodging like Aang. Azula has proven very effective against Earthbenders and other firebenders, while Zuko has always won his fights with Katara in the end. Their respective skill puts them above Korra. They take it 6-7/10.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper:

Korra dodges all the time

Zuko was never out of Aang's weight class, if anything Aang was out of Zuko's weight class. Aang was a master, Zuko wasn't. Aang only held his own against Bumi because Bumi was testing him

Also, Aang never knew firebending when he was fighting Azula and Zuko (unless you count Ember Island as a fight). Korra does

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko and Azula for being much more skilled benders. I see it ending like this, Azula prepares to shoot lightning, Korra narrowly dodges, but Zuko is in the back and he redirects the lightning back at Korra for the win....you know how badass that would look....and it is quite likely.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team wins. Azula would almost be enough. Adding Zulu ensures the win

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JR_AvatarExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko and Azula for being much more skilled benders. I see it ending like this, Azula prepares to shoot lightning, Korra narrowly dodges, but Zuko is in the back and he redirects the lightning back at Korra for the win....you know how badass that would look....and it is quite likely.

That would be pretty awesome and if Zuko and Azula were to win it would be with lightning but I think that korra will overpower them too quickly and they will never even have a chance for that.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 juiceboks  Moderator

Um..Korra vs Azula is already a tossup match. Adding someone like Zuko only ensures her loss.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dextersinister

@jacthripper:

multiple people in many ways, out of his respective weight class (Zuko, Bumi, etc.)

You've given 2 poor examples, Zuko is hardly a master or out of any named characters weight class and Bumi was testing him. A more experienced Zuko was getting beaten by one of the Red Lotus and you can't call age when that has affected almost no other elderly bender and royalty within the avatarverse have longer lifespans.

Korra whooped the lieutenant in h2h who had established himself by taking down Bolin and Mako with those instant knock out sticks.

Had Esna and Deska beat until the dark spirit came

Taking out Amon

You can go on about featless rather than rep but that would make Aangs win against Ozai worthless then as his only feat was getting schooled by Zuko.

Korra is more aggressively an Aang, but that is more than likely her downfall here.

Why do people say this when being unaggressive has only ever been bad for Aang, Ozai would have killed him because of it if he hadn't lucked out.

Korra struggles with being hit by attacks a lot

No she does not she was shown to utilize airbending forms in battle (pro-bending) fairly quickly and dodged multiple attacks.

Also this

Loading Video...

Azula has proven very effective against Earthbenders and other firebenders

Other firebenders? Iroh schooled her and the only named firebender she has ever beaten was pre-season 3 Zuko

Zuko has always won his fights with Katara in the end.

No he hasn't, they ended in a stalemate unless one had an advantage.

As it is there is no reason why Korra couldn't negate there bending and take this into h2h if not just take them out with the faster modern bending techniques. She just pushes through fireblasts.

Loading Video...

JR_AvatarExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um..Korra vs Azula is already a tossup match. Adding someone like Zuko only ensures her loss.

That is not true.

StrictlyAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed, in my opinion Korra and Azula are near equal in bending skill. Azula is just smarter and more cunning.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever ..... they are still better benders.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks said:

That is not true.

It most certainly is. Korra's bending style is fairly straight forward and usually revolves around her overpowering her opponents. Azula's level of firebending is noticeably higher than Korra's, and it got to the point where she could go toe to toe with Aang at the end of Book 2. At that point Aang was easily as powerful as Korra sans firebending, and even exceeded her in Earth and Air bending. You could argue Korra was a better waterbender, but that's really it. Korra doesn't bring that much to the table Azula hasn't already seen and fought against.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks:

Aang wasn't always the smartest fighter, and as you mentioned he didn't have firebending. Azula's never fought someone who can use all 4 elements

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DeathHero61

@106me said:

The hell...?

They can win but not with ease. Korra although she isn't as skilled or as swift or as fast as aang. She packs far more firepower with her water and fire bending than most characters. And she is far more aggressive. In terms of physical strength she is peak human by comic book standards and is physically the strongest by avatar standards. Team wins with low to mid difficulty but i doubt its a stomp.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 juiceboks  Moderator

@arcus said:

@juiceboks:

Aang wasn't always the smartest fighter, and as you mentioned he didn't have firebending. Azula's never fought someone who can use all 4 elements

He was a fairly smart fighter in their bouts and utilized the elements he did master at the time, and Korra's firebending is more or less irrelevant in this match due to Azula excelling her in that regard.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Kyoshi, the 7-foot tall avatar, is physically stronger by a large margin. It should be obvious that a young adult is more physically powerful than a twelve year old vegetarian or a 90 year old man (Roku)

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks:

He injured himself more than Zuko when he slammed that rock down, and he tried and failed to block attacks repeatedly that he could've just dodged. That doesn't seem very smart

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rogueshadow  Moderator

Azula alone would win a slight majority in my opinion. Post Dragons Zuko was no slouch, team takes this easily.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Wolverine008

@arcus said:

Azula alone would win a slight majority in my opinion. Post Dragons Zuko was no slouch, team takes this easily.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathhero61: Kyoshi, the 7-foot tall avatar, is physically stronger by a large margin. It should be obvious that a young adult is more physically powerful than a twelve year old vegetarian or a 90 year old man (Roku)

Not really, she never showed any physical feats. Korra launches full grown humans with punches, kicks, etc. And once slammed zaheer down onto the ground while inside a tornado............

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 juiceboks  Moderator

@arcus said:

@juiceboks:

He injured himself more than Zuko when he slammed that rock down, and he tried and failed to block attacks repeatedly that he could've just dodged. That doesn't seem very smart

Maybe that's because Zuko can take more hits than Aang, I dunno. It's not like that move cost him his life or anything. And if we're gonna nitpick then there's tons of instances where Korra chose an unwise decision in a bending battle. That doesn't necessarily make her an unskilled bender.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: Just pointing out that Aang hadn't exactly mastered using the elements in sync with each other yet. He was very skilled, but he still had lots of room to improve. I mean, look at his fight with Ozai-there he was using air bending and earthbending in sync much better than when he fought Azula

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister: @arcus: The most impressive person she fought was Amon. She hasn't fought anyone on the level of Ozai, Bumi, or Combustion Man, etc.

Like I said, Aang has way more experience in that department from being an astonishing air bending master at age 12, to mastering all four elements plus learning the ability to take bending away in just a year. You make it sound like Aang actually had trouble with fire bending, when the only reason why he didn't use it was because he accidentally hurt Katara with it when he started learning fire bending.

And don't try to tell me Korra is better than Aang. He had been slugging it out with high tier benders while Korra had trouble with upper-mid tier benders.

And Zuko has definitely been established as a fire bending master and a sword master. Don't try to downplay his feats just because he's been unable to defeat (yet go toe-to-toe with) high tier benders.

So if Aang couldn't beat both Azula and Zuko, then there is no way in hell Korra is winning.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me said:

@dextersinister: @arcus: The most impressive person she fought was Amon. She hasn't fought anyone on the level of Ozai, Bumi, or Combustion Man, etc.

Like I said, Aang has way more experience in that department from being an astonishing air bending master at age 12, to mastering all four elements plus learning the ability to take bending away in just a year. You make it sound like Aang actually had trouble with fire bending, when the only reason why he didn't use it was because he accidentally hurt Katara with it when he started learning fire bending.

And don't try to tell me Korra is better than Aang. He had been slugging it out with high tier benders while Korra had trouble with upper-mid tier benders.

And Zuko has definitely been established as a fire bending master and a sword master. Don't try to downplay his feats just because he's been unable to defeat (yet go toe-to-toe with) high tier benders.

So if Aang couldn't beat both Azula and Zuko, then there is no way in hell Korra is winning.

Amon is not a mid-tier bender. He could arguably take Ozai, Bumi, and Combustion Man at the same time. And don't try to say Aang beat any of those three. He held his own vs Bumi because Bumi was holding back, he got destroyed by Ozai until he entered the Avatar State, and he couldn't beat Combustion Man

Mastering the ability to take bending away is just due to the Lion Turtle, that's not a feat for him

I never said Aang had trouble with fire bending, just that Azula and Zuko never fought him when he had firebending. For all we know he would have done much better with firebending. The other reason he didn't use it was because he hadn't been taught firebending (he barely learned any useful firebeinding with Jeong Jeong

So psychic bloodbenders and a Dark Avatar are mid-tier benders?

Sword master doesn't matter, he definately wasn't a firebending master until maybe after the dragons.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Team but it is not a stomp. This Azula wanking should stomp

106me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

1) Amon is high tier, I never said that he wasn't but I understand how that sounded misleading.

2) Amon could possibly handle Bumi, but certainly isn't taking Firelord Ozai or Combustion Man.

3) No, the Lion Turtle showed him the ability, but Aang had to figure it out himself.

4) Slightly above-average Firebending wouldn't do much against two Firebending masters. Many fans may hate to admit it, but Katara and Aang were definitely beaten by Zuko and Azula.

5) No, they are lower-high tier benders, but not nearly on the same level as high tier characters like Ozai, Roku, Post season 3 Iroh, or Combustion Man.

6) I was talking about how people are implying Zuko didn't master anything, and I'm saying he had.

I am trying to say Zuko is still formidable despite not beating any high tier benders (of which were still higher than the ones Korra faced).

So, yeah, Aang is most certainly better than Korra.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me said:

@arcus:

1) Amon is high tier, I never said that he wasn't but I understand how that sounded misleading.

2) Amon could possibly handle Bumi, but certainly isn't taking Firelord Ozai or Combustion Man.

3) No, the Lion Turtle showed him the ability, but Aang had to figure it out himself.

4) Slightly above-average Firebending wouldn't do much against two Firebending masters. Many fans may hate to admit it, but Katara and Aang were definitely beaten by Zuko and Azula.

5) No, they are lower-high tier benders, but not nearly on the same level as high tier characters like Ozai, Roku, Post season 3 Iroh, or Combustion Man.

6) I was talking about how people are implying Zuko didn't master anything, and I'm saying he had.

I am trying to say Zuko is still formidable despite not beating any high tier benders (of which were still higher than the ones Korra faced).

So, yeah, Aang is most certainly better than Korra.

2. How are Ozai or Combustion Man supposed to handle Bloodbending?

3. Well Korra figured out how to restore Lin's bending just as quickly. I'm pretty sure that when the Lion Turtle/Aang gave the ability to Aang/Korra, they also gave knowledge on how to use it, that or it's just relatively simple

4. Slightly above average firebending would be Zhao or Season 1 Zuko, Korra is better than them.

Aang was still fighting when the Dai Li came, and Katara was back on her feet in a couple seconds

6. Aang never fought Iroh or Roku, how is that relevant? He got destroyed by Ozai without the Avatar State. He was useless against Combustion Man

7. Zuko was not a firebending master when he fought Aang. I find it hard to consider someone very formidable when he gets beaten with his own mattress

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Zuko himself could give Korra a good fight, and win if it weren't for her other elements. Adding azula makes this unfair to korra

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Arcus1

Zuko himself could give Korra a good fight, and win if it weren't for her other elements. Adding azula makes this unfair to korra

But she does have her other elements.

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Korra is being heavily underrated here and the siblings are being wanked. Korra's versatility and combat experience and skill put her over the siblings.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Korra is being heavily underrated here and the siblings are being wanked. Korra's versatility and combat experience and skill put her over the siblings.

I agree, especially about Korra being underrated

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Dextersinister

@106me:

They apply the word mastering when you can simply use it. Bar airbending everyone in Aangs group was better than him in there respective element. Korra has actually shown advanced abilities that Aang never demonstrated like firebreathing and negation

You make it sound like Aang actually had trouble with fire bending

No I didn't, never brought up Aangs training

He had been slugging it out with high tier benders while Korra had trouble with upper-mid tier benders.

You already said that but never gave any good examples and lowballed LOK benders when the villains in that are more established. LOA wasn't as serious as LOK, the biggest villain up until Ozai was a 14 year old girl.

And Zuko has definitely been established as a fire bending master and a sword master.

He was a good firebender and swords are irrelevant but Korra has been stated to be prodigy at physical bending and techniques. Has shown she learns quicker than anyone else when it comes to the physical aspects, bending 3 elements as a toddler, learning metal bending in a day, faster than anyone bar Toph.

How Aang and Korra fight is completely different, despite being her in a previous life they are 2 very different characters, Aang spends 90% of his fights on the ropes increasing the chances his opponent will take him out.

Korra will apply pressure and actually attempt to take them out quickly. She has elemental advantages, modern faster bending techniques, can negate there bending attacks and can physically dominate.

Dark-Nihilus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team

JR_AvatarExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me:

They apply the word mastering when you can simply use it. Bar airbending everyone in Aangs group was better than him in there respective element. Korra has actually shown advanced abilities that Aang never demonstrated like firebreathing and negation

He had been slugging it out with high tier benders while Korra had trouble with upper-mid tier benders.

You already said that but never gave any good examples and lowballed LOK benders when the villains in that are more established. LOA wasn't as serious as LOK, the biggest villain up until Ozai was a 14 year old girl.

And Zuko has definitely been established as a fire bending master and a sword master.

He was a good firebender and swords are irrelevant but Korra has been stated to be prodigy at physical bending and techniques. Has shown she learns quicker than anyone else when it comes to the physical aspects, bending 3 elements as a toddler, learning metal bending in a day, faster than anyone bar Toph.

How Aang and Korra fight is completely different, despite being her in a previous life they are 2 very different characters, Aang spends 90% of his fights on the ropes increasing the chances his opponent will take him out.

Korra will apply pressure and actually attempt to take them out quickly. She has elemental advantages, modern faster bending techniques, can negate there bending attacks and can physically dominate.

You are correct.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@106me:

Actually Aang did show firebreathing, by negation do you just mean blocking attacks?

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Z___

Lightning.. Much superior agility & speed. Still the team.

We need to see more from Korra. Hopefully this Balance season fleshes out more of her improvements as a combatant.

Z'

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z___:

There's no lightning

Korra's shown pretty good speed and agility, even before she learned airbending

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Z___

@arcus said:

@z___:

There's no lightning

Korra's shown pretty good speed and agility, even before she learned airbending

Oh.. Well. I don't know yet then.

And I agree..~ This requires thought just like your other Avatar battles.

Z'