• 85 results
Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

When the Avatar takes on the Earth Emperor in a rematch, who will win?

Korra is completely healthy for this fight. She is in character

No Avatar State

Fight takes place at the site of Korra and Kuvira's first fight. Kuvira has her armor, no other metal

Same conditions as the first fight (except, of course, that Korra isn't still recovering)

Victory by ko

Round 1:

Korra has earth/metal bending only

Round 2:

Korra can use earth and fire

Round 3:

Korra can use earth, fire, and air (basically, exactly like the initial fight, except with no health limitations)

Who wins?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 anthp2000  Moderator

Kuvira takes the first 2 rounds for sure. The fact that there's no more metal in this area and Korra's skill in airbending makes the third one tricky, it could go either way.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kuvira takes the first 2 rounds for sure. The fact that there's no more metal in this area and Korra's skill in airbending makes the third one tricky, it could go either way.

Imo, I don't see Korra losing round 3. She was at least even with Kuvira, if not winning, in the finale fight, which was just air/fire/metal (no pure earth), and Korra's better with pure earth than with metal (by feats, she's a better raw earthbender than Kuvira, though I think they should be closer than the disparity in pure earthbending feats would indicate). If Korra can match her so well in a metal cockpit, she should be able to do even better in an environment that doesn't strongly favor metalbending

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 anthp2000  Moderator

@arcus1 said:
@anthp2000 said:

Imo, I don't see Korra losing round 3. She was at least even with Kuvira, if not winning, in the finale fight, which was just air/fire/metal (no pure earth), and Korra's better with pure earth than with metal (by feats, she's a better raw earthbender than Kuvira, though I think they should be closer than the disparity in pure earthbending feats would indicate). If Korra can match her so well in a metal cockpit, she should be able to do even better in an environment that doesn't strongly favor metalbending

Maybe that's how they'd write it, idk, I'm not convinced either way due to my thoughts on that finale fight. I feel like we've briefly discussed it before? I can't take that seriously, Kuvira should have won pretty solidly. She tagged Korra and grounded her several times, she could easily just restrain her with the metal or use quickdraw moves like her metal strips. We literally see her incapacitating Korra on the celling and what does she do? She just ragdolls her and knocks her down, even breaking her out of it... Why not just stab her with a blade while she's restrained? We know how good a metalbender she is, and she's more than smart enough to go for it, I can't think of any good reason besides PIS (or YTV maybe) that this didn't happen.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By byondeon

Korra wins all rounds. She has already shown she is more proficient than her in Earth/Metal when at full power

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Kuvira takes R1 and R2 by a slight majority.

Korra takes R3.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1 said:
@anthp2000 said:

Maybe that's how they'd write it, idk, I'm not convinced either way due to my thoughts on that finale fight. I feel like we've briefly discussed it before? I can't take that seriously, Kuvira should have won pretty solidly. She tagged Korra and grounded her several times, she could easily just restrain her with the metal or use quickdraw moves like her metal strips. We literally see her incapacitating Korra on the celling and what does she do? She just ragdolls her and knocks her down, even breaking her out of it... Why not just stab her with a blade while she's restrained? We know how good a metalbender she is, and she's more than smart enough to go for it, I can't think of any good reason besides PIS (or YTV maybe) that this didn't happen.

For that matter, could ask things like, why did Korra throw Kuvira h2h when she had her knocked down instead of using a more damaging bending attack? Or, when Korra redirected the meteor Kuvira used, why didn't she make it a sharp attack to stab or slice Kuvira?

Kuvira tried using metal strips, they weren't working (Korra was dodging/blocking). Iirc Kuvira only tagged Korra a couple times (her combo on the ceiling and then once towards the end when they both tagged each other)

As for ragdolling Korra when she had her on the ceiling, maybe attempting to use another, separate attack would have given Korra time to break out of the metalbending hold, so instead of giving her that chance she took what she knew she could get. Repositioning herself to use another attack could have also weakened her hold on Korra more (ie, if she wasn't actively bending the metal to hold Korra, it would have been easier for Korra to break free)

Obviously, we could debate endlessly about what could have happened or other possible strategies they could have used, but I didn't see any real PIS that would discount the fight. Seemed pretty clear that the writers wanted Korra to be at least a match for Kuvira, even in that environment (and I don't have a problem with a fully realized, healthy Avatar being a match for Kuvira, as talented as she is)

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 anthp2000  Moderator

@arcus1:

As for ragdolling Korra when she had her on the ceiling, maybe attempting to use another, separate attack would have given Korra time to break out of the metalbending hold, so instead of giving her that chance she took what she knew she could get. Repositioning herself to use another attack could have also weakened her hold on Korra more (ie, if she wasn't actively bending the metal to hold Korra, it would have been easier for Korra to break free)

Maybe... I guess. But Idk man, Kuvira legitimately looked like she forgot how to fight in there. Even after she ragdolled her and knocked her down she had more than a whole second to attack her and instead of just throwing a metal strip at a moment's notice she takes the time to pick up the meteorites and use them to attack her instead.

I wouldn't mind if it was a legitimate way they had Korra match her in such an advantageous (to Kuvira) environment, but the way they did screams PIS to me. Kuvira's smarter than what she did in there. Look at her insane combined speed and use of the environment and gear when she fought Su, completely different. I understand that it's hard to make it look believable that she can match a metalbender of Kuvira's caliber in what is a metalic case basically, but I don't think it works by battle forum standards.

As for your other points,

For that matter, could ask things like, why did Korra throw Kuvira h2h when she had her knocked down instead of using a more damaging bending attack? Or, when Korra redirected the meteor Kuvira used, why didn't she make it a sharp attack to stab or slice Kuvira?

Korra isn't that amazing a metalbender, the fact that she could even redirect a master's attack like that should be enough of a challenge - and an accomplishment - alone. And I think the fact that Korra went h2h in the middle of a bending battle is what gave her that opening, cause it's pretty unorthodox.

DJudgment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kuvira takes R1 & R2

Korra takes R3 by slight margin.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1:

Maybe... I guess. But Idk man, Kuvira legitimately looked like she forgot how to fight in there. Even after she ragdolled her and knocked her down she had more than a whole second to attack her and instead of just throwing a metal strip at a moment's notice she takes the time to pick up the meteorites and use them to attack her instead.

I wouldn't mind if it was a legitimate way they had Korra match her in such an advantageous (to Kuvira) environment, but the way they did screams PIS to me. Kuvira's smarter than what she did in there. Look at her insane combined speed and use of the environment and gear when she fought Su, completely different. I understand that it's hard to make it look believable that she can match a metalbender of Kuvira's caliber in what is a metalic case basically, but I don't think it works by battle forum standards.

As for your other points,

Korra isn't that amazing a metalbender, the fact that she could even redirect a master's attack like that should be enough of a challenge - and an accomplishment - alone. And I think the fact that Korra went h2h in the middle of a bending battle is what gave her that opening, cause it's pretty unorthodox.

We could pick the fight apart all day, and we could do the same thing to basically every other fight in the series. If she had just used a metal strip, for example, Korra might have still dodged it, or the hit might have been ineffective and you could ask "why didn't Kuvira use an attack that would have been more damaging (like the meteors would have been)?"

Korra essentially adapted waterbending techniques to redirect Kuvira's metalbending attack (redirecting attacks is the essence of waterbending, and it was in a liquid form), and yeah, it's a great feat for Korra. But considering she was more or less using waterbending techniques, it wouldn't be far fetched at all, imo, for her to use the metal to slice like how waterbenders use water

As for Korra going h2h to get an opening, she had Kuvira knocked down before choosing to go h2h

No Caption Provided

First, she blasts through Kuvira's shield to knock her down once. Then (dodging what I assume is the metal Kuvira was using bouncing back towards her), she goes for a h2h throw instead of a follow up bending attack. Then again, after throwing her, she knocks Kuvira up with metalbending (in theory, she could have potentially used a more damaging attack than that)

Point being, if we pick apart how Kuvira fought, we could do the same for Korra, or we could do that for any number of other fights.

I think it helps to keep in mind that benders aren't just manipulating their elements with their thoughts. A bending battle is essentially a fancy martial arts fight, and the moves that get used are limited by the bender's skillset and the techniques they can reasonably accomplish/the techniques they choose to use in that fight (ie-it's not just the moves they know how to do, it's the moves they know well enough to use in the heat of a battle where they can't afford to make mistakes or spend too much time thinking)

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:

Korra wins all rounds. She has already shown she is more proficient than her in Earth/Metal when at full power

While Korra has better feats of pure earthbending, I think Kuvira should be pretty close to her based on the precision and proficiency she showed in her first fight with Korra (I'd still argue for Korra being better than Kuvira in basic earthbending, due in no small part to the significantly greater quantity of Korra's feats), but Kuvira's a master in her own right. As far as metalbending, Korra hasn't shown Kuvira's level of proficiency and tactical ability

Kuvira takes R1 & R2

@geekryan said:

Korra takes R3.

Any reasons?

Which round do you think is the closest?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 anthp2000  Moderator

@arcus1:

That's all fair, and good point on Korra when she went hand to hand. Keep in mind that Korra wasn't trying to kill Kuvira either, so she was probably not willing to use any lethal techniques. Obviously Korra would have better options in fights too sometimes, and that's one time as well. However I do think it's important to note that what Kuvira did when she encased her in metal and knocked her to the ground happened in the beginning of the fight, and frankly I think this is exactly how the fight should've logically ended, cause a metalbender is broken in there. I can't think of any way Korra would've countered this move if Kuvira was smarter about it. The fight would've been over there.

I think it helps to keep in mind that benders aren't just manipulating their elements with their thoughts. A bending battle is essentially a fancy martial arts fight, and the moves that get used are limited by the bender's skillset and the techniques they can reasonably accomplish/the techniques they choose to use in that fight (ie-it's not just the moves they know how to do, it's the moves they know well enough to use in the heat of a battle where they can't afford to make mistakes or spend too much time thinking)

Well yeah that's the thing, we've seen Kuvira in the heat of the battle and she can do more than what she did IMO. I mean, who has their opponent down for over a second and goes for a slow move instead of quick one-shot - which mind you is very IC for Kuvira too? I think the writers just slipped there in an effort to have Korra match her in this environment. Another way to explain would be that this was one of the times where Kuvira just made a mistake, after all that's why we use the 1-10 score for battles. Maybe that's one of the 10 scenarios where Kuvira doesn't win, regardless of who should win the majority of times.

We should agree to disagree on the main point, I get where you're coming from though, and I think the writers did intent for Korra to be able to match Kuvira, I just think it was poorly executed from a logical perspective. Great sequence anyway lol.

Alsimmons77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:

No Caption Provided

Yeah.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1:

That's all fair, and good point on Korra when she went hand to hand. Keep in mind that Korra wasn't trying to kill Kuvira either, so she was probably not willing to use any lethal techniques. Obviously Korra would have better options in fights too sometimes, and that's one time as well. However I do think it's important to note that what Kuvira did when she encased her in metal and knocked her to the ground happened in the beginning of the fight, and frankly I think this is exactly how the fight should've logically ended, cause a metalbender is broken in there. I can't think of any way Korra would've countered this move if Kuvira was smarter about it. The fight would've been over there.

Well yeah that's the thing, we've seen Kuvira in the heat of the battle and she can do more than what she did IMO. I mean, who has their opponent down for over a second and goes for a slow move instead of quick one-shot - which mind you is very IC for Kuvira too? I think the writers just slipped there in an effort to have Korra match her in this environment. Another way to explain would be that this was one of the times where Kuvira just made a mistake, after all that's why we use the 1-10 score for battles. Maybe that's one of the 10 scenarios where Kuvira doesn't win, regardless of who should win the majority of times.

We should agree to disagree on the main point, I get where you're coming from though, and I think the writers did intent for Korra to be able to match Kuvira, I just think it was poorly executed from a logical perspective. Great sequence anyway lol.

Kuvira was actively bending the metal used to keep Korra on the ceiling (which would have helped counter attempts from Korra to break free), and, imo, it's entirely possible that if she split her focus to bend a different piece of metal for another attack, she would have just given Korra an opening to break free

Theoretically, something like fire breath (or an airbending breath blast, which Korra technically hasn't used but we know is a possible move) could deflect quick shards of metal

Ultimately, yeah, there's a certain subjective nature to this that is never gonna be debated away. There's so many possible variables at play, it could have gone down any number of ways. It was a very fun fight though (I'm expecting to see more of Kuvira in action in the comics)

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By IndomitableRegal

Kuvira wins rounds 1 & 2. Korra takes round 3 for a majority.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: EOS Korra showed that she was at least equal to Kuvira in Metal and superior in Earth earlier season..

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kuvira takes R1 & R2

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Tektonic

@geekryan said:

Korra takes R3.

Basically this.

Round 1: Korra is a powerful earthbender and has a legitimately incredible talent for metalbending. But Kuvira is stated to be a Toph level earthbender and is certainly overall better with metal. Kuvira wins this round for sure.

Round 2: Kuvira wins barely, Korra's fire is inconsistent but Kuvira barely has any metal and Korra's firebending could clash with meteorites in the final battle. I just feel Korra's performance with fire isn't reliable enough to win unless we use high ends than Korra wins.

Round 3: Korra wins her airbending is hella impressive and was proven>>>Kuvira's metalbending and she has barely any here while Korra has all this open space. Also better than her Earth. The other two elements seal the deal so this round is a sweep for Korra.

@anthp2000 said:

I know Arcus already said this but Korra could have straight up killed Kuvira with the deflected liquid metal if she wanted to, which was way before the ceiling stuff so Kuvira was the one benefiting from PIS if anything.

@arcus1 said:

It was a very fun fight though (I'm expecting to see more of Kuvira in action in the comics)

Have you seen the new issue

I think it's made pretty clear that Korra can put Kuvira in her place anytime if she dares to step out of line. And if at some point Kuvira does in this trilogy(which probably will happen), Korra will step in to personally put her down.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 anthp2000  Moderator

@tektonic:

Only after what I said happened. What I've been talking about is the beginning of the fight. Also, unlike with what I'm saying, you can't just assuming Korra can bend liquid metal bending like that, we've barely seen her perform such an advanced technique.

Is the new issue out? Anyway, obviously the Avatar can put anyone they want in their place if they have to. I don't like using that logic with Avatars when ranking actual regular bending mastery. Korra has full access to the Avatar State.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic:

Only after what I said happened. What I've been talking about is the beginning of the fight.

What are you referring to? Were you not talking about when Kuvira launched Korra towards the ceiling? Didn't the meteorite redirection happen before?

Also, unlike with what I'm saying, you can't just assuming Korra can bend liquid metal bending like that, we've barely seen her perform such an advanced technique.

Perform what? Shape it into something sharp? Why would that be any harder than the blunt object she shifted it into?

Is the new issue out?

Yesss.

Anyway, obviously the Avatar can put anyone they want in their place if they have to. I don't like using that logic with Avatars when ranking actual regular bending mastery. Korra has full access to the Avatar State.

But this isn't about Korra or other Avatars using the Avatar State just her own regular bending mastery she never implied she would go into the AS to stop Kuvira at all. Why would she need the AS to stop someone she already beat?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 anthp2000  Moderator

@tektonic:

Perform what? Shape it into something sharp? Why would that be any harder than the blunt object she shifted it into?

She didn't shape it into anything, she simply redirected it. Redirecting an attack from a better metalbender than you should be hard enough. Korra has never even shown mastery over liquid metalbending.

But this isn't about Korra or other Avatars using the Avatar State just her own regular bending mastery she never implied she would go into the AS to stop Kuvira at all. Why would she need the AS to stop someone she already beat?

Well I haven't read the issue obviously, but if it's just the Avatar being implied to be able to stop people from doing bad stuff as usual then it's literally just the Avatar being the Avatar... the writers don't care about us nerds restricting the Avatar State to have hypothetical matchups between benders.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic:

She didn't shape it into anything, she simply redirected it.

Yes she did.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

She straight up solidified it into a huge slab of metal.

That wouldn't physically make sense if it was still liquid and Kuvira wasn't drenched and is clearly not what happened.

Redirecting an attack from a better metalbender than you should be hard enough.

Well Korra has immense talent in metalbending, she defeated one of Wei or Wing in a sparring match after like 2 days of training, all her feats after just cement that.

Korra has never even shown mastery over liquid metalbending.

One of her biggest scenes in the series says otherwise.

Here

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Doing something only Toph was known previously capable of doing with metalbending that Suyin failed to do. She's literally being praised by Toph herself after she trashed her own daughters skills earlier.

Well I haven't read the issue obviously, but if it's just the Avatar being implied to be able to stop people from doing bad stuff as usual then it's literally just the Avatar being the Avatar... the writers don't care about us nerds restricting the Avatar State to have hypothetical matchups between benders.

Even outside the AS the Avatar is considered the strongest, Korra has never used the AS before her own bending against anyone especially Kuvira and that won't change in the coming issues. Also the statement was made by her to Kuvira. And it's a pretty good issue though it is not online yet.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 anthp2000  Moderator

@tektonic:

That doesn't at all look like a huge slab of metal... it's just liquid metalbending.

One of her biggest scenes in the series says otherwise.

That is also just liquid metalbending.

Doing something only Toph was known previously capable of doing with metalbending that Suyin failed to do.

What did Suyin fail to do... she got the metal out, she just didn't get the few final drops because she didn't sense them.

Even outside the AS the Avatar is considered the strongest, Korra has never used the AS before her own bending against anyone especially Kuvira and that won't change in the coming issues.

There's no way to know how good the Avatar is supposed to be without the Avatar State unless we look at feats and showings. Statement regarding the Avatar being able to kick anyone's arse don't mean much because the Avatar State is literally their thing.

Also the statement was made by her to Kuvira. And it's a pretty good issue though it is not online yet.

See I can't read it yet, I'm waiting to pirate.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic:

That doesn't at all look like a huge slab of metal... it's just liquid metalbending.

I mean this is fairly clear to see and wouldn't make sense if it was liquid.

For the last time it was solid you can see the large chunks that broke off on the floor.

No Caption Provided

That is also just liquid metalbending.

And it's incredibly precise bending.

What did Suyin fail to do... she got the metal out, she just didn't get the few final drops because she didn't sense them.

Which only Toph did, and later Korra impressing even Toph.

There's no way to know how good the Avatar is supposed to be without the Avatar State unless we look at feats and showings. Statement regarding the Avatar being able to kick anyone's arse don't mean much because the Avatar State is literally their thing.

The avatar even outside of the AS is supposed to be the strongest, and the statement wasn't Korra speaking in third person about her title just as herself and her own abilities. She will literally fight her the same way she did all the other villains which includes Kuvira again with her feats and showings.

See I can't read it yet, I'm waiting to pirate.

Yeah it should be online soon hopefully.

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By katrurius17

Round 1 and 2 to Kuvira and round 3 too with only show feats, but Korra would edge it out in the last round with comic feats.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katrurius17: How da fuk is Kuvira even winning round 1? Korra is not suffering from PTSD in this fight. She would absolutely demolish Kuvira while at full health.

Wrathofthebrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Wrathofthebrad

1. Kuvira, metal and earth bending combination gg.

2. Kuvira, metal and earth bending combination gg.

3. Korra, much more versatility against limited metal gg.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic said:
@arcus1 said:

It was a very fun fight though (I'm expecting to see more of Kuvira in action in the comics)

Have you seen the new issue

I think it's made pretty clear that Korra can put Kuvira in her place anytime if she dares to step out of line. And if at some point Kuvira does in this trilogy(which probably will happen), Korra will step in to personally put her down.

Yeah, I read it

Definitely got a similar vibe in regards to Korra being confident she'd put Kuvira down if needed. In all fairness though, under the conditions in the comic, it'd be Kuvira without any metalbending gear going up against an unrestricted Korra, with potential for all four elements and, should she need it, the Avatar State (not that I think she'd need it, but still). I fully expect some sort of clash between Korra and Kuvira, and unless Kuvira has some sort of environmental/tactical edge, I'd expect Korra to outmatch her. Kuvira's talented enough that she should be able to put up a fight (assuming she has a decent amount of metal to use), but I wouldn't expect Korra to be in real danger of losing if she's not hindered in some way

Round 1 and 2 to Kuvira and round 3 too with only show feats, but Korra would edge it out in the last round with comic feats.

She gets comic feats

@byondeon said:

@katrurius17: How da fuk is Kuvira even winning round 1? Korra is not suffering from PTSD in this fight. She would absolutely demolish Kuvira while at full health.

Imo, Kuvira's got an uphill battle for round 3, but she's definitely a good match for Korra's earth/metal bending (arguably better than her considering it's her specialty), and she's shown the ability to defend against firebending well. It's Korra's airbending that's caused her the biggest problems

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kuvira round 1 (korra is stronger but kuvira seems more skilled and refined )

Korra round 2 and 3

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly feel like round 1 is the closest, the other 2 should be a hard 7/10 for Korra or so. As has been said, Korra already stalemated her in a metal environment, give her an open one even with only earth and Korra stands a very good chance. The other two just give her more ammo and versitality.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:

It's more of a courtesy call to Kuvira tbh Korra's earthbending feats dramatically outstrip hers but Kuvira is implied to be extremely powerful with earthbending by the writers.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic said:
@byondeon said:

It's more of a courtesy call to Kuvira tbh Korra's earthbending feats dramatically outstrip hers but Kuvira is implied to be extremely powerful with earthbending by the writers.

Kuvira wasn't really that impressive in the show tbh. I would put several Earthbenders above her in terms of power/skill

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:
@tektonic said:
@byondeon said:

Kuvira wasn't really that impressive in the show tbh. I would put several Earthbenders above her in terms of power/skill

Which is a completely valid thing to do. Her earthbending was technically impressive but definitely neither innovative or particularly powerful so you're definitely right to rank her earthbending that way.

Her metalbending is second to none though, in every area except for raw power since she didn't use scale much.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic said:
@byondeon said:
@tektonic said:
@byondeon said:

Which is a completely valid thing to do. Her earthbending was technically impressive but definitely neither innovative or particularly powerful so you're definitely right to rank her earthbending that way.

Her metalbending is second to none though, in every area except for raw power since she didn't use scale much.

She really wasn't impressive in terms of metal bending either. Tbh, either Su or Lin was much better at it. Heck, even EoS Korra was better than her.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vengefulshot

Kuvira easily round 1, mid-high dif round 2 and Korra clearly round 3, airbending of that level is a gamechanger against characters like Kuvira.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Kuvira handily.

R2: Kuvira with trouble.

R3: Korra with a lot of trouble.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon: Kuvira is far better than Korra in earth and metal (and Lin and Su for that matter).

Avatar image for crimson-feather
Crimson-Feather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kuvira should take the first two rounds, and Korra should take the last round.

DJudgment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1 said:
@byondeon said:

While Korra has better feats of pure earthbending, I think Kuvira should be pretty close to her based on the precision and proficiency she showed in her first fight with Korra (I'd still argue for Korra being better than Kuvira in basic earthbending, due in no small part to the significantly greater quantity of Korra's feats), but Kuvira's a master in her own right. As far as metalbending, Korra hasn't shown Kuvira's level of proficiency and tactical ability

@djudgment said:

Kuvira takes R1 & R2

@geekryan said:

Korra takes R3.

Any reasons?

Which round do you think is the closest?

I believe (R3) would be the closest due to the added element of Air, as three elements to 1 would eventually be too much.

As for the other two, Kuvira being a natural earthbender will have the advantage of Korra in that area, i believe any true bending master with there selected element could best the avatar when only using 1 element themselves. (R1)

(R2) Kuvira due to her prowess in bending would still i believe win fairly comfortable. She would be used to fighting two different elements per say due to her training with metal and earth, two different variations of the same element she can control yes however it's still two different styles of bending that would have been covered. Also i believe Korra would rely heavily on her fire and would not completely forget about her earth bending but wouldn't use as much or in combination with her fire which would work into Kuvira's game.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:

She really wasn't impressive in terms of metal bending either. Tbh, either Su or Lin was much better at it. Heck, even EoS Korra was better than her.

Kuvira is definitely the better metalbender out of the 4 of them by feats and hype.

For example you can just look at the way her and Suyin manipulate metal.

Suyin manpiulates this meteorite with two arms
While Kuvira does the same demonstrations just moving her hand

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe (R3) would be the closest due to the added element of Air, as three elements to 1 would eventually be too much.

As for the other two, Kuvira being a natural earthbender will have the advantage of Korra in that area, i believe any true bending master with there selected element could best the avatar when only using 1 element themselves. (R1)

(R2) Kuvira due to her prowess in bending would still i believe win fairly comfortable. She would be used to fighting two different elements per say due to her training with metal and earth, two different variations of the same element she can control yes however it's still two different styles of bending that would have been covered. Also i believe Korra would rely heavily on her fire and would not completely forget about her earth bending but wouldn't use as much or in combination with her fire which would work into Kuvira's game.

While I do believe that Kuvira wins R1 it's definitely not because of that. The Avatar is a master of all four elements as stated and shown repeatedly and can battle high level masters with a single element depending on which they use as they tend to have disproportionate skill in them.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic said:
@byondeon said:

Kuvira is definitely the better metalbender out of the 4 of them by feats and hype.

For example you can just look at the way her and Suyin manipulate metal.

Actually, no, Suyin is better at metal bending. Also, what are those gifs supposed to prove exactly? That just because Suyin using 2 hands doesn't mean she is capable of manipulating it with 1?

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kuvira wins 1. Korra wins the others.

PsychicSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:

Actually, no, Suyin is better at metal bending. Also, what are those gifs supposed to prove exactly? That just because Suyin using 2 hands doesn't mean she is capable of manipulating it with 1?

No she isn't at all, is there any feat you can point out that Kuvira hasn't done better?

It shows Kuvira doing the exact same thing Su is doing with far less effort. We can also say Kuvira could have done it will even less physical exertion if she wanted too. I doubt Su could do it the way Kuvira did.

DJudgment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic said:
@djudgment said:

While I do believe that Kuvira wins R1 it's definitely not because of that. The Avatar is a master of all four elements as stated and shown repeatedly and can battle high level masters with a single element depending on which they use as they tend to have disproportionate skill in them.

No disputing that at all, what my meaning was is more in favour of the opponent of the Avatar, throughout both shows, we see the antagonists be able to keep up with the Avatar even when said Avatar is using multiple elements to there one element.

This gives me the impression that if an antagonist such as Kuirva for this thread, can hold her own against Korra while Korra is using multiple elements, whos to say if it came down to a single element each that Kuirva couldn't win?

Wrathofthebrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers