Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Crevanille

Image result for korra

Vs

Both are in character

Location is the Pro Bending Arena:

Plot: Fuhrer King Bradley has taken over Republic City as mayor and has proposed to Korra that if he wins she never steps foot on the grounds ever again. If Korra wins, King Bradley leaves town for good and reinstates the old mayor.

* Win is by knocking the opponent out of the arena and must win overall rounds in a majority. Unlike Pro-bending rules however, both Korra and the Fuhrer may move at will into each other's zones unhampered.

R1: Korra can't bend and can only use strictly her martial arts.

R2: Korra can only Firebend.

R3: Korra can only Waterbend.

R4: Korra can only Earthbend.

R6: Korra can only Airbend.

R5: Korra can only Metalbend.

R6: Korra can use all elements.

R7: Korra can use all elements and the Avatar State.

The Fuher can use his Ultimate eye in all rounds and dual wield. He has prior knowledge of her abilities but she doesn't know his.

Who wins?

Avatar image for deactivated-63665f9fbd262
deactivated-63665f9fbd262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If killing is allowed then Bradley wins all rounds low-mid difficulty. Not sure about throwing Korra out of the arena though with her bending and all that

Crevanille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Crevanille

@dewin50 said:

If killing is allowed then Bradley wins all rounds low-mid difficulty. Not sure about throwing Korra out of the arena though with her bending and all that

Killing isn't allowed. Only knockout on all rounds.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d39a38bf2071
deactivated-5d39a38bf2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bradley blitzes all rounds

Crevanille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bradley blitzes all rounds

Really? Even avatar state and metalbending rounds? NO win at all for Korra? Bradly seriously takes this 7 for 7?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crevanille: yes. Korra doesn't have the speed to tag Him.

Crevanille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crevanille: yes. Korra doesn't have the speed to tag Him.

I do not get this argument at all. This is the second time someone has underestimated Korra due to speed. First time i heard this was due to Korra not being a bullet timer facing off against Train Heartnet. Korra has literally dodged lighting. Dodged. How is she not fast enough to keep up with Bradley? And let's not forget the Avatar state. Unlike Aang at the beginning of TLAB, Korra has been known to use it at will which greatly enhances her powers. Not saying she can win in the avatar state because Bradley wouldn't be easy by any means. But everyone constantly undermines her speed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crevanille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crevanille: but she's still a slow fighter compared to Bradley

Crevanille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crevanille: but she's still a slow fighter compared to Bradley

Dude if she can dodge lightning she's able to react to Bradley. =_=

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crevanille: but her combat speed isn't as fast as lighting, so if she tries to fight him she's gonna get. Blitzed

Crevanille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crevanille: but her combat speed isn't as fast as lighting, so if she tries to fight him she's gonna get. Blitzed

Image result for uh what thor gif

Dodging is apart of combat feats. What are you talking about? ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crevanille: if she tries to hit him he'll dodge it, because she's not as fast as he is.

ChromeDisaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bradley smacks. There is literally nothing she can do to him without bending. And NOBODY IN THEIR VERSE IS EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE TO LIGHTNING SPEED IN ANY REGARD.

Crevanille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bradley smacks. There is literally nothing she can do to him without bending. And NOBODY IN THEIR VERSE IS EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE TO LIGHTNING SPEED IN ANY REGARD.

@crevanille: if she tries to hit him he'll dodge it, because she's not as fast as he is.

Here we go....

For starters Korra has LITERALLY DODGED LIGHTING. People keep downplaying her power. Even if she can't touch him give her credit for something like metal bending. Bradley could lose his swords. Second, Korra due to earthbending could destroy the terrain and trip Bradley up and make it difficult to navigate the terrain. Tagging him could be difficult but Korra's AOE could do the job. She has been known to be extremely versatile when it come down to it. So saying she can't do ANYTHING does a massive disservice to her record as the Avatar. The Avatar State has the power to literally blow Bradley from the ring....maybe. Gotta give her more credit than she's been getting. Sheesh.

Co-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Co-Boss

@crevanille: seems like you made this with a winner in mind and can't handle that people don't agree. If the lightning she dodged was lightning bending then she didn't dodge natural lightning. she dodged lightning that is the speed of sound prolly (lightning and sound happen at the same time) lightning speed is mach 300, don't even try to convince anyone Korra is mach 300 in reactions.

A Bradley that knows her abilities will be up in her ass right away and will probably take her out with his swords and then knock her off the stage besides for the metalbending one where ig she could win.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FullMetalEmprah

Bradley cuts her head off before she knows what happened, no one in Avatarverse is lightning speed or greater. They're supersonic in Combat Speed at best.

Crevanille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Crevanille

@co-boss said:

@crevanille: seems like you made this with a winner in mind and can't handle that people don't agree. If the lightning she dodged was lightning bending then she didn't dodge natural lightning. she dodged lightning that is the speed of sound prolly (lightning and sound happen at the same time) lightning speed is mach 300, don't even try to convince anyone Korra is mach 300 in reactions.

A Bradley that knows her abilities will be up in her ass right away and will probably take her out with his swords and then knock her off the stage besides for the metalbending one where ig she could win.

I didn't make this with a winner in mind. But I don't believe this is a MAJOR one sided fight either. I'm simply saying Korra has been know to show incredible versatility in battle. Saying she wouldn't even stand a chance is like saying this is a mismatch. And i didn't make this post with a mismatch in mind. If you had sided with Korra completely as well, I would have told you Bradley's feats and why HE could still win WITHOUT the need for his swords. And yes! Lightning and sound happen at the same time. So if she's dodging it, her reaction time surpasses that of a bullet. You also say it's not natural lightning but keep in mind lightning in general comes from the universe in Avatar. Korra's not making it out of nothing. So it's pretty much natural. I'd also like you to keep in mind, Bradley is fast but Korra can still track him with eye movement. He's not fast enough to be a blur for her. I will admit the fact that Bradley has an edge here with general knowledge of Korra. I speculate however once Korra realizes how dangerous the Fuhrer truly is, she'll get serious.

And Bradley all up in Korra's ass...there's a vivid image. I know what you really mean but hell man. XD

@fullmetalemprah said:

Bradley cuts her head off before she knows what happened, no one in Avatarverse is lightning speed or greater. They're supersonic in Combat Speed at best.

Bro no ones dying here. Knockout only. And as i mentioned before, dodging lighting is not a small feat. If she is capable of constantly doing that, I'm pretty sure she'll give the fuhrer a good run for his money.

FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FullMetalEmprah

@crevanille: If Korra were truly lightning speed then she'd statue Bradley hundreds of times over so it would be a mismatch either way as he's hypersonic at best. Irrelevant though considering any legit lightning timing in the series would be a huge outlier to how they're normally portrayed. I mean, up until that point one of the most impressive feats in the series was Zuko arrow timing, which isn't even supersonic much less Mach 290. If you really want this match to not be one-sided then equalize because it isn't close either way unless you do.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22 morpheus_  Moderator

This is a joke.

Crevanille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crevanille: If Korra were truly lightning speed then she'd statue Bradley hundreds of times over so it would be a mismatch either way as he's hypersonic at best.Irrelevant though considering any legit lightning timing in the series would be a huge outlier to how they're normally portrayed. I mean, up until that point one of the most impressive feats in the series was Zuko arrow timing, which isn't even supersonic much less Mach 290. If you really want this match to not be one-sided then equalize because it isn't close either way unless you do.

You know what? That's a good point. Can't even argue that. That is true. The problem however is that Korra has those split-sec reaction times that has shown her utilizing movement that surpasses bullet timing. Not just her either. Aang has done the same thing. As far as Zuko is concerned, let's not forget he's at least supersonic. This means the arrows aren't really going to be an issue to begin with unless there was surprise involved like when Aang was chased by the yuyen archers.

Avatar image for mcu-defender333
MCU-Defender333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MCU-Defender333

@crevanille said:
@fullmetalemprah said:

@crevanille: If Korra were truly lightning speed then she'd statue Bradley hundreds of times over so it would be a mismatch either way as he's hypersonic at best.Irrelevant though considering any legit lightning timing in the series would be a huge outlier to how they're normally portrayed. I mean, up until that point one of the most impressive feats in the series was Zuko arrow timing, which isn't even supersonic much less Mach 290. If you really want this match to not be one-sided then equalize because it isn't close either way unless you do.

You know what? That's a good point. Can't even argue that. That is true. The problem however is that Korra has those split-sec reaction times that has shown her utilizing movement that surpasses bullet timing. Not just her either. Aang has done the same thing. As far as Zuko is concerned, let's not forget he's at least supersonic. This means the arrows aren't really going to be an issue to begin with unless there was surprise involved like when Aang was chased by the yuyen archers.

LOL, since when was anyone in the entire Avatarverse even supersonic, nevermind surpassing bullet-timing? I've seen the whole of A: TLA and the Korra series and I don't recall much that puts their speed even close to that. I'll admit I was wrong if you can prove otherwise, but I don't see it for now (plz no 'they're all lightning timerz').

If Amon's acrobatics could cause Korra difficulty then Bradley is going to tear through her in all round except for the last round (and maybe with all elements), where she can generate a powerful shield and then simply AOE her way to a win, especially if he has knowledge of her abilities.

If you were to equalize speed, then:

R1: Bradley stomps, 10/10. No way is Korra beating him h2h.

R2: Korra has a chance if she spams AOE blasts, anything else won't cut it, especially with Bradley's ultimate eye in effect. She can't even use anything with too much potency as killing isn't allowed, so she won't be using any lightning. I still see Bradley winning 8/10, her fire attacks have always struck me as slightly clumsy compared to someone like Bradley.

R3: Korra probably takes it thanks to water's versatility, 8/10 in her favour.

R4: Bradley should take it. Scar tried similar attacks and they did him barely any good, and that was against an injured Bradley. Bradley has shown the ability to casually slice through boulders with his swords and destroy wall segments with his knives. Bradley 8/10.

Rounds seemed muddled up at this point, so I will say:

- if Bradley knows she has metalbending, he won't make the mistake of charging in with his swords drawn. He'll likely just run in and beat her down. If he tosses his swords over the edge, there's nothing else here she can bend in the ring (as far as I can see), so it becomes like R1- in which case, Bradley stomps.

- Airbending would give Korra the win as she only needs to ring him out and it has always been portrayed as the most effective element against agile characters.

- All elements Korra wins, too much going for her with wind and water to keep Bradley back, especially if no killing is allowed.

- AS Korra stomps regardless.

All in all (with speed equalized), I think they take four rounds each.

FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FullMetalEmprah

@crevanille: Oh sure, I have no problem with characters like Zuko, Azula, Aang, etc having supersonic reaction times by EoS personally. It's just that lightning in Avatar is not only heavily telegraphed(in most instances anyway) but it would also be inconsistent with some of the other things shown in the series(for example when the Gaang runs the Fire Navy blockade).

Essentially the lightning in Avatarverse is debated often.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c
deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Bradley is clearly a lot faster, but Korra should at least be able to react, no?

Wrathofthebrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wrathofthebrad

Wrath has reactions on the higher end of supersonic to arguably hypersonic and blitzes Korra all rounds, the only higher end supersonic to hypersonic shenanigans we could create for Avatar would be through scaling with being a lot faster than Book 1 Zuko for Aang or Azula, and even that just by going totally crazy and ignoring any consistency.

KingCrimson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KingCrimson  Online
Wrathofthebrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrathofthebrad: Hypersonic Bradley?

How?

I was talking about reactions, but you are right that i should have said on the higher end of supersonic to arguably hypersonic.

Wrath obviously couldn't blitz with hypersonic speed, but he is definitely going to blitz Korra.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3b5ee4922c4
deactivated-5d3b5ee4922c4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crevanille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Crevanille

@mialthefencer said:
No Caption Provided

Bradley is clearly a lot faster, but Korra should at least be able to react, no?

See what I'm saying? This guy gets it. Korra's reaction time to split sec events like this make for better playing filed. She's been known to be a quick thinker on the draw. Bradley is fast, but between AOE and split reaction times, I believe theres a chance here.

@mcu-defender333 said:
@crevanille said:
@fullmetalemprah said:

LOL, since when was anyone in the entire Avatarverse even supersonic, nevermind surpassing bullet-timing?

Yeah so that statement with the lighting? Ahem. Dodging bullets kinda fall under that. If Korra can dodge lighting, it doesn't make sense that she couldn't dodge a bullet. It just DOESN'T make sense. I know your like "really? lightning again?" But honestly that really makes it one of the best speed feats in the series. I do admit there has been quite some inconsistency though. I kinda just chalk that up to PIS though.

Avatar image for mcu-defender333
MCU-Defender333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MCU-Defender333

@crevanille said:
@mialthefencer said:
No Caption Provided

See what I'm saying? This guy gets it. Korra's reaction time to split sec events like this make for better playing filed. She's been known to be a quick thinker on the draw. Bradley is fast, but between AOE and split reaction times, I believe theres a chance here.

@mcu-defender333 said:
@crevanille said:
@fullmetalemprah said:

LOL, since when was anyone in the entire Avatarverse even supersonic, nevermind surpassing bullet-timing?

Yeah so that statement with the lighting? Ahem. Dodging bullets kinda fall under that. If Korra can dodge lighting, it doesn't make sense that she couldn't dodge a bullet. It just DOESN'T make sense. I know your like "really? lightning again?" But honestly that really makes it one of the best speed feats in the series. I do admit there has been quite some inconsistency though. I kinda just chalk that up to PIS though.

I mention the lightning thing because she has never legit dodged lightning, as far as I can recall, other than that fired by benders (and I wish you the best of luck if you think that was portrayed as actual, mach 300 lightning speed).

I also recall Korra in earlier seasons losing against chi blockers. The explosion thing was pretty impressive, but Bradley fled from an exploding train falling off a bridge whilst using falling debris as a bunch of platforms to hop his way back up to the bridge. Amon's physicals and movements make him a clown compared to Bradley and look how much trouble he gave almost everyone.

I'd be willing to say that Korra has good enough reflexes to know his attacks are coming but I still think his superior speed and agility (combined with his natural ferocity) would be enough for him to hold a major advantage over her.

JoshTaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muratdemirban: Please... Don't involve the fuhrer king Bradley in with your inappropriate remark.

As for this thread, korra ain't doing nothing to bradley. He can destroy earth pillars launched at him, he can dodge explosions and even traverse through falling debris. He cut a freaking tank shell in half, block bullets from a .50 caliber machine gun, move faster than a trained ninja assassin can react, etc.

Co-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Co-Boss

I’ll respond to this one again. Bradley blitzes bullet timers casually, reacts to tank shells and while human survives fighting superhuman characters while casually outclassing them. Korra has the reaction speed to keep up but with a mix of his ultimate eye and speed I just don’t think her abilities are going to keep up with her reaction time. She can try and shield herself with air or another element as he attempts a blitz but seeing what he has cut through and tanked before, I just don’t see her keeping him off her before he knocks her off.

freestyler1999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MrGetMeBodied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the problem with these fight is that they sometimes comes down to animation. Anime has in general exaggerated animation making people think they can speed blitz all the time. Avatar characters are much faster than people think they are. It's just that the animation is more grounded.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

MrGetMeBodied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you ask me Korra take metal, all elements round and is destroying in the Avatar State. Not sure about the rest.

mDemocracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bradley is not speedblitzing because according to the new informations I learned Korra is actually supersonic and actually can tag bradley but I dont think this changes the outcome so much because Bradley still has the ultimate eye and can cut through any defense that Korra can bring up