Korra vs Firelord Ozai

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Pre-poison Korra could actually take Ozai. Lightning would be a problem, but I don't see why she can't dodge it; she can keep up with people who can (Amon) and has vastly superior h2h combat (go rewayltch her Book 1 fight scenes). Everyone is saying Ozai because of his finale feats but remember the comet boosts firebending tremendously; Aang who at that time couldn't make blasts of fire larger than his body could suddenly one-shot air ships.

Korra has shown far better fire bending than Aang (the picture Arcus posted shows her casually making a blast the size of the size of the building no AS) and is a bending prodigy, with mastery of 4 elements and 3 sub skills.

On top of that, she is very resourceful and adaptive in her fighting style and is more offensive than Aang which would give her the edge over Ozai.

Current Korra however gets annihilated until Toph teaches her how to be badass again.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley: why doesn't she have a chance? Korra benefits from the Comet too

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: She does, but Ozai has been practicing Firebending and only Firebending for the majority of his life. Korra's great at it, but Ozai has more time and experience with firebending, not to mention that he's bound to excel in the one art he has to practice while Korra has to master multiple fighting disciplines.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley: oh I agree that Ozai would be better at firebending, but Korra also has 3 other elements to back her firebending up

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra.

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Except that she might as well not be using them at all, since Ozai's fire is amped to the degree that it is. Not to mention that she can't redirect lightning.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If we were to focus strictly on fire bending; does the amp from Sozin's comet rival the amp from the avatar state. Based on feats. For instance, would Korra's fire bending with the comet be just as powerful as her fire bending in the avatar state, only using fire. I was wondering because I was questioning whether or not we can use AS fire bending feats or not. I am pretty sure we can, just thought I would ask.

I always wondered which of the two enhancers amp fire bending more. Because the way it could bee seen, is that the avatar state acts as Sozin's comet, but for the elements, not just the one.

Thoughts?

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ Sorry if it is a bit off topic

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley: Lightning will be a problem, but it is avoidable. Even if she doesn't use them offensively she can use air and earth for movement/defense. Aang was able to block a blast from Ozai with waterbending, and Korra's a better waterbender than Aang @gxrevolution96: I'm not really sure

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Avoidable, but not at close range. She'll only be able to use air for movement, given the location of the fight, and she hasn't shown air movement on the same level as Ozai or Aang.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley:

She's shown fire jets like Ozai, granted hard to tell how effective they'd be since we've never seen her use them under Sozin's comet

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korras definitely has a better shot at winning this than Aang did. The strongest element is fire due to the comet and Korra is significantly better at firebending than Aang. He was a strait up amateur and Korra had mastered it. Granted she is likely not as skilled as Ozai but she has the other elements to fall back on to make up for that.

It's definitely not a stomp either way but Korras chances of victory are definitely more pronounced than aangs

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96:

does the amp from Sozin's comet rival the amp from the avatar state

The show shows that the avatar state outstrips an amped Ozai when Aang just ignores a direct flame blasts while in his bubble.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
JustSomeRandomKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozai stomps. The only reason Aang survived was because he kept dodging, something Korra is nowhere near as good as Aang in. Not only thats but IIRC she can't redirect lightning.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozai stomps. The only reason Aang survived was because he kept dodging, something Korra is nowhere near as good as Aang in. Not only thats but IIRC she can't redirect lightning.

Lightning is not unavoidable, and has been shown countless times that it can be dodged.

Korra should take this with moderate difficulty. The problem with Aang was that didnt attack Ozai, and stayed on the defensive the entire time. Korra's fighting style is more aggressive. Korra's strongest element is fire bending. She will be able to fully utilise the comet's power as her fire bending is much better than Aang's was, who had literally just start begun his training. With the comet, Korra will be able to use Jet propulsion for flight, allowing her to fly around at incredible speeds, so dodging won't be too much of a problem. With her master of the other 3 elements, Korra should be able to nick the win.

FirelordxMako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol I hope Korra knows how to redirect lightning. Ozai is gonna stomp her hard just like he did Aang before he magically went into the avatar state.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Arcus1

Lol I hope Korra knows how to redirect lightning. Ozai is gonna stomp her hard just like he did Aang before he magically went into the avatar state.

She doesn't need to redirect it, lightning has been shown to be avoidable many times

FirelordxMako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: She won't be dodging Ozai's lighting and if she does eventually its gonna get her and she's dead. Also Aang was only able to dodge it because he was a very skilled airbender, She has 2 seconds to react

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: She won't be dodging Ozai's lighting and if she does eventually its gonna get her and she's dead. Also Aang was only able to dodge it because he was a very skilled airbender, She has 2 seconds to react

Oh so you've timed it out exactly, huh?

Under Sozin's Comet Korra would be able to fly like Ozai, plus she's got airbending too. Let's not forget that Zuko and Katara were able to react to Azula's lightning

FirelordxMako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus:

I know but that's probably because Azula takes forever to charge hers giving them plenty of time to get ready. Korra still wouldn't be as agile as Aang during his fight with Ozai,I don't even think Korra has been shown flying and jumping as far as Aang not to mention she doesn't have the hyper sensitivity Aang has to detect moves unless she goes bald.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firelordxmako:

Zuko reacted to Azula's lightning after it was fired

Poisoned, dying AS Korra was flying, I don't think it's any stretch to say that a healthy Korra could fly under Sozin's Comet

FirelordxMako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Zuko is fast... I know that she was flying but she was still using fire not air which is more agile and she doesn't have the hyper sensitivity Aang has. She still wouldn't be able to dodge every single bolt of lightning.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By GXrevolution96

@firelordxmako said:

@arcus:

Korra still wouldn't be as agile as Aang during his fight with Ozai

She would be even more fragile due to her flight capabilities.

She still wouldn't be able to dodge every single bolt of lightning.

This would be mostly an air battle, with the occasional landing. Ozai has to stop his flight or slow down to charge his lightning. Korra would be flying way to fast for him him to land hit. Or would just use earth bending to block it.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra isn't going to do any better against a Comet Enhanced Ozai then Aang did.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By GXrevolution96

@dreadpool10 said:

Unlike Aang, Korra is more than willing to kill Ozai and will go on the offensive. Additionally, Korra has mastered fire bending. One of Aang's problems was that he hadnt mastered fire bending, which would have helped in a fight with Ozai.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 juiceboks  Moderator

There's no way to tell how powerful Korra's firebending would be under Sozin's Comet, but I'd be willing to bet that it wouldn't be on Ozai's level. Her other bending pales in comparison to his raw power, whereas Aang's air, earth, and water bending could match his for a while.

HAMMER_OF_J2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By HAMMER_OF_J2

Ozai was beating Aang until he went into his avatar state so why wouldn't he be able to beat Korra

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hammer_of_j2: because Korra is a far better firebender than Aang, and under Sozin's Comet that's pretty important. Would it be enough? Maybe

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozai slaughters. Korra is more willing to kill, but nowhere as good as aang overall.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By GXrevolution96

@juiceboks I think it is safe to say that she would receive a considerable boost form the comet, considering that she is natural fire bender and aligns with it more fire than any other element, and has shown to be quite powerful. I definitely see her being capable of Jet propulsion for flight. Since both benders can fly, I see this fight taking place mostly in the air.

I do agree that she wouldn't be able to match Ozai with just fire on its own(without using the other elements), as I think he exceeds her in experience. I do, however, think that if she makes use of the other elements,, especially water(her-co strongest element), she would have a real shot. Additionally, I don't think Korra would necessarily have too much trouble rivalling Oazi in terms of raw power, it is just the experience and skill aspect that she is disadvantaged by.

As mentioned before, as this will be a battle most fought in the air, with both combatants flying around like Iron Man, I think Ozai will find it difficult getting of a lightning shot at Korra as he has to slow down to create it. There is also the task of him hitting Korra as she will be flying around.

Also, in contrast to Aang, Korra will be go on the offensive from the get go and will really pressure Ozai.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10 said:

Unlike Aang, Korra is more than willing to kill Ozai and will go on the offensive. Additionally, Korra has mastered fire bending. One of Aang's problems was that he hadnt mastered fire bending, which would have helped in a fight with Ozai.

And that's exactly where Korra is going to get toasted. Aang stayed alive because he played smart, dodging Ozai's firebending before he got flayed alive. Korra is barely going to get a chance to go for the offensive in this battle, and if she tries to, shes going to die, painfully. She is skilled with firebending, yes, but her firebending feats just don't compare to the things that Ozai has done during Sozin's Comet.

Korra's best bet is Airbending, which she has shown proficiency at.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By GXrevolution96

@princearagorn1 said:

Ozai slaughters. Korra is more willing to kill, but nowhere as good as aang overall.

It is no where near a slaughter.I don't quite understand why some people throw these terms around in certain match ups. It is just that I often see people on this forum making comments like "she stomp", "he gets one shotted", this character "rapes", when it is often not the case. An appropriate example of a "slaughter" would be Koizilla vs the fire nation navy. Comet Ozai vs Haru is a real "slaughter". In fact, it is most definitely a"one shot", as people like to put it. Match ups against fodder tend to be "slaughters" or "curbstomps"

It is perfectly fine for you to think that Ozai would win , but saying he "slaughters" a fully realised avatar, whose strongest element is fire, with a comet amp, is a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@gxrevolution96:

It is perfectly fine for you to think that Ozai would win , but saying he "slaughters" a fully realised avatar, whose best element is fire, with a comet amp, is a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think?

The reason he 'slaughters' is he was beating up on aang, whose feats are a level ahead of korra, the 'fully realized avatar'.

'slaughters' may be exaggeration, but it implies he takes a solid majority.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By GXrevolution96

@princearagorn1 said:

@gxrevolution96:

It is perfectly fine for you to think that Ozai would win , but saying he "slaughters" a fully realised avatar, whose best element is fire, with a comet amp, is a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think?

The reason he 'slaughters' is he was beating up on aang, whose feats are a level ahead of korra, the 'fully realized avatar'

He wasn't beating up on Aang at all! I am surprised you would say that considering that you was crediting Aang not too long ago for holding his own against Ozai.

Loading Video...

Anyway, up until the scene where Aang redirects Ozai's lightning, Aang, while on the defensive, was holding his own and giving Ozai a decent fight. He initially cancels out Ozai's attack with his own fire blast, and later extinguishes Ozai's flames with water bending. Again, at 2:10. he successfully blocks another comet amped fire attack. This time with air bending, and does it with no ill effects. Ozai's fire blast at 2:23 briefly overwhelms him, but he soon recovers, and subsequently forms an earth coating around his body, which successfully shields him from Ozai's flames. In the following sequence, he is shown repeatedly dodging Ozai's lightning in quick succession.

Notably, the turning point in the fight is when he redirects Ozai's lightning at 3:10. Now this is when Ozai clearly starts to get the clear upper hand. Aang is all weak after the lightning, and attempts to block Ozai's attack with an earth wall, but the force pushes him off the cliff. It is clear that Aang had lost the will to fightn after he decided not to kill Ozai with his lightning.

Aang is on the back foot, but it is no where "beating up". In fact, Tenzin vs Zaheer was more one sided than the initial stages of Aang's fight with Ozai

whose feats are a level ahead of korra, the 'fully realized avatar'

Feats such as?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: You're missing something there - throughout their fight, aang is more serious than we have ever seen him, and he's still getting pressed into a corner. Their fight was almost even, one may even say ozai had an edge. Someone capable of doing that is more than capable of destroying korra.

Feats such as?

Speed/reflexes, skills, raw power ones posted in the other threads.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By GXrevolution96
@princearagorn1 said:

@gxrevolution96: You're missing something there - throughout their fight, aang is more serious than we have ever seen him, and he's still getting pressed into a corner. Their fight was almost even, one may even say ozai had an edge.

Exactly my point. Ozai wasn't "beating up on Aang".

Speed/reflexes, skills, raw power ones posted in the other threads.

And Korra hasn't shown any go these? For starters Korra will be able make better use of water and fire in this fight as she is superior to Aang with those 2 elements, and also has a comet amps. As mentioned before, korra will have full flight capabilities, so speed and reflexes won't be too much of a problem. Korra already has more raw power than Aang, especially in fire bending, which is without a doubt the most important element here.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 nwname  Moderator  Online

Korra in a good fight.

HAMMER_OF_J2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: She is also far more aggressive than Aang which Ozai could take advantage of

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hammer_of_j2: or it could allow her to take down Ozai instead of being defensive most of the time

HAMMER_OF_J2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@hammer_of_j2: or it could allow her to take down Ozai instead of being defensive most of the time

She would be most likely to slip up do to her trying to be on the offensive most of the time. Ozai is a better fire bender so I don't doubt him getting around her fire attacks and take her down. The only advantage she has on him are the other three elements

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hammer_of_j2: why assume she would slip up? The other three elements can be a pretty helpful advantage

Batking200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ozai

HAMMER_OF_J2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@hammer_of_j2: why assume she would slip up? The other three elements can be a pretty helpful advantage

Even if she doesn't slip up Ozai can still get around her fire attacks. Aang roughly and arguably better than Korra mastering the other three elements was still on the defensive the whole fight, so what makes you think it will make that big of a difference here?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hammer_of_j2: Aang wasn't better than Korra with water, fire was his weakest element but under Sozin's Comet it's the most important. I don't know if it'd be enough for Korra to win, but it definitely makes a difference

HAMMER_OF_J2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@hammer_of_j2: Aang wasn't better than Korra with water, fire was his weakest element but under Sozin's Comet it's the most important. I don't know if it'd be enough for Korra to win, but it definitely makes a difference

Ozai is a better fire bender than Korra therefore her fire attacks won't make much of a difference and she will have to use other elements