Battle where Aang and Ozai fought.

Who wins?

#2 Posted by Stormdriven (18060 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozai

#3 Posted by KidPhillip (540 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Archanfel (481 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozai wrecks.

#5 Posted by Dextersinister (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

Korra, assuming the same stakes are on the line she would probably end up killing him

She can negate fireblasts sent at her and has overall a faster fire bending style than Ozai.

#6 Posted by Stormdriven (18060 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidphillip: Why? Ozai stomped Aang during their fight. Korra may or may not be better than Aang, but if she is, it isn't by much. Most people would say "Oh, Aang didn't want to kill Ozai" but it didn't stop Ozai from controlling the entire fight, easily. And since Korra doesn't have the Avatar state, she'll be hard pressed to get a majority.

#7 Posted by Dextersinister (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormdriven: That's always been how a lot of Aangs fights play out, Aang is normally on the ropes with his more aggressive opponents pressing the attack. Azula, Jet, even Zuko, Aang will spend a good deal of his fights dodging because he is a peaceful character.

#8 Posted by Night4345 (8450 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozai.

#9 Posted by AlmostAmerican (31 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll take Osai I guess

Avatar image for deactivated-57d57a3174063
#10 Posted by deactivated-57d57a3174063 (626 posts) - - Show Bio

Aang wouldn't have beaten Ozai without the avatar state so if Korra doesn't have it, shes definitely not taking this. If the comet wasn't active, I would say she has a fighting chance.

#11 Posted by Stormdriven (18060 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister: He does dodge quite a bit, but he controls most of the fights he's in. But against Ozai, there was nothing he could do to stop Ozai. Plus, Ozai was the most powerful fire bender at that time, making him more dangerous than any of Aang's other opponents.

#12 Posted by SpartanKobe (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidphillip: Why? Ozai stomped Aang during their fight. Korra may or may not be better than Aang, but if she is, it isn't by much. Most people would say "Oh, Aang didn't want to kill Ozai" but it didn't stop Ozai from controlling the entire fight, easily. And since Korra doesn't have the Avatar state, she'll be hard pressed to get a majority.

No.

Aang could've killed him in the beginning by redirecting his lightning.

@hypnosis said:

Aang wouldn't have beaten Ozai without the avatar state so if Korra doesn't have it, shes definitely not taking this. If the comet wasn't active, I would say she has a fighting chance.

See above

If the comet is active, Korra's firebending, which she uses a lot btw, would also be enhanced. She would kill Ozai.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
#13 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6868 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozai

#14 Posted by Z___ (1003 posts) - - Show Bio

Korra gets cremated.

Z'

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
#15 Edited by deactivated-5a08a02678f1f (8110 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok honestly lightning has proven to be nearly entirely fatal in A:TLA unless redirection is employed or the bender/non-bender who has been struck is healed.

Korra has never demonstrated lightning redirection. And I highly doubt Korra will be able to heal herself after being hit with Ozai's lightning, because she will be rendered seriously incapacitated if not flat-out dead.

Ozai wins 10/10. Korra has never shown the power sans Avatar State (hell, maybe not even in Avatar State) that would allow her to contend with a Sozin's Comet-amped Ozai.

#16 Edited by Stormdriven (18060 posts) - - Show Bio

@spartankobe: That was Aang's one opportunity, since Ozai was wrecking him the rest of the fight. If Korra is willing to kill then sure, that would be how she wins. But she won't in a straight up fight. Ozai is way too powerful of a bender.

#17 Edited by Dextersinister (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormdriven: If Aang was more offensive he would control the fights alot better, he ended up losing to Jet because he stayed on the defensive.

Aangs other opponents weren't that strong bar Azula and whether she is better or worse than Ozai is uncertain, Ozai was never fleshed out as a character.

As I said Korra has a faster firebending style and can negate fireblasts sent at her, an ability only shown by her and combustion benders to my knowledge.

#18 Edited by SpartanKobe (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu:

Do people always forget that she is the AVATAR and can have comet enhanced fire-bending herself, or am I just missing something? Not to mention, Korra uses fire a lot. If lightning was indeed going to win every fight then Azula would've killed Aang and Katara in their fights a long time ago. Oh wait.

#19 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozai burns her to a crisp.

#20 Posted by Stormdriven (18060 posts) - - Show Bio

@dextersinister: He goes on the offensive quite a bit, shown by his fights against Azula on the giant drill, where he was multitasking, and against Zuko during the episode the group was being hunted by the Shirshu. And anyway, the majority of the time he's on defense, he has to protect people or do damage control.

I think Iroh stated that Even e wouldn't be able to beat Ozai in a straight fight, but I don't remember.

Honestly, the best that Korra's fast bending will do for her is prolong the fight. IIRC, she doesn't have mastery of air bending, but I'm probably wrong on that count. If she hasn't mastered it, then it will be even harder for her to win since she won't have the versatility Aang did during the fight.

And sorry for the paragraphs, I'm on my phone :/

#21 Posted by SpartanKobe (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormdriven:

You know what, after consideration, you guys are right, I think she will get burned to a crisp. She is not as powerful as Aang yet without her Avatar State, even by season 3 of LOK, which I am watching right now. :)

#22 Edited by deactivated-5a08a02678f1f (8110 posts) - - Show Bio

@spartankobe said:

@shiryu:

Do people always forget that she is the AVATAR and can have comet enhanced fire-bending herself, or am I just missing something? Not to mention, Korra uses fire a lot. If lightning was indeed going to win every fight then Azula would've killed Aang and Katara in their fights a long time ago. Oh wait.

I see you've completely disregarded part of my statement... so I'll just rephrase it for you.

@shiryu said:

Ok honestly lightning has proven to be nearly entirely fatal in A:TLA unless redirection is employed or the bender/non-bender who has been struck is healed.

So your whole "Azula would've killed Aang and Katara in their fights a long time ago" spiel is refuted. Aang actually friggin' DIED when Azula hit him with lightning, hence the huge black silhouette of Aang with the glowing white tattoos falling down and Aang's subsequent rapid descent to the ground of the place him and Katara were fighting Zuko and Azula in.

The Avatar Spirit died. There you go.

It was even mentioned that the water from the Spirit Oasis bolsters healing properties unlike that of other water found in-universe, so of course it would be able to revive him.

And I doubt Korra's amped firebending will be a problem for Ozai here. Feel free to educate me otherwise, because I'm definitely not sold on it right now.

I don't know what else needs to be said.

EDIT: Oh I just saw your most recent post. Nevermind, man.

#23 Posted by Jonez_ (11500 posts) - - Show Bio

@z___ said:

Korra gets cremated.

Z'

This.

#24 Posted by Etheral_Dreams (6116 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozai would've killed Aang if he didn't go to the Avatar State. He wins.

Unless Korra does some energybending/spirit mumbo jumbo.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d57a3174063
#25 Edited by deactivated-57d57a3174063 (626 posts) - - Show Bio

@spartankobe: Even under the comet, Korra's firebending is no where near Ozai's level of firebending, skill-wise or power-wise.

#26 Posted by MysticMedivh (32250 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozai takes this.

#27 Posted by KidPhillip (540 posts) - - Show Bio

Korra has pretty good durability feats... and Korra's earthbending is pretty good

#28 Posted by sophia89 (19802 posts) - - Show Bio

korra takes it,unlike aang she wont go easy and will kill ozai.

also current korra is starting to show more potential than aang.(remember before he fought ozai he said he needs to practice his fire bending,then toph told him his earth bending isn't that good either. korra mastered all 4 except Air)

#29 Edited by Stormdriven (18060 posts) - - Show Bio

@sophia89: Korra had much more time to master elements than Aang did. And even still, he was still extremely impressive with all the elements. Does she have any feats to rival Aang's?

#30 Posted by KidPhillip (540 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Stormdriven (18060 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Dextersinister (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormdriven: Yes he goes on the offensive sometimes but he still goes on the ropes often enough for it to be a flaw in his fighting ability, this is a fight where that was most evident. To me iot alwayts felt like Korra and Aang would have been better off switched in there respective times, Korra better at war times, Aang better at peace.

The writers confirmed that if Aang failed Iroh would have been the one to stop him but the loss of life would have been tremendous on the way to the city.

Have you watched season 3? Korra uses airbending constantly, she even shielded the group against an explosion point blank but versatility shouldn't really come into it, it would have made more sense to constantly use the amped firebending but I suppose variety looks more interesting.

Avatar image for sightlessreality
#33 Edited by SightlessReality (4979 posts) - - Show Bio

@etheral_dreams: That's true but Aang also had a chance to kill him before he went into the Avatar state. The genie fear in Ozai's face when Aang started to redirect the lightning is proof enough to me.

Wouldn't Korra under Comet amp also be able to fly with fire just as Ozai did?

For now I'll go with Ozai.

#34 Edited by deactivated-5a08a02678f1f (8110 posts) - - Show Bio

@sightlessreality said:

@etheral_dreams: That's true but Aang also had a chance to kill him before he went into the Avatar state. The genie fear in Ozai's face when Aang started to redirect the lightning is proof enough to me.

Wouldn't Korra under Comet amp also be able to fly with fire just as Ozai did?

For now I'll go with Ozai.

I don't think there's any evidence to support that, so probably not. Even Azula couldn't fly, and without the Comet she knew how to use jet propulsion, which Korra doesn't.

EDIT: Oh darn, I just remembered Korra used something like jet propulsion before. I think it was in book 1 when she was fighting the Equalists and they took off in some sort of balloon.

So maybe she could fly... I don't know at this point.

Avatar image for justsomerandomkid
#35 Posted by JustSomeRandomKid (5153 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozai should be able to almost stomp. Aang was only winning when he went in the Avatar state and we all know Aang feat wise beats Korra anyday.

#36 Posted by Lunacyde (28306 posts) - - Show Bio

@spartankobe:

Korra has never demonstrated lightning redirection, that is a major weakness to her in this fight. As we saw during Sozin's Comet he could generate it easily time and time again. Aang who is supernaturally agile and whose entire fighting style revolves around evading and dodging attacks had trouble avoiding it. Korra is less agile (though still impressively agile) and she cannot redirect it. This is a major flaw in her defenses.

Secondly Korra is a very good fire bender, but Ozai was THE BEST fire bender on the planet at the time. Quite frankly I have never seen Kirra face a fire bender in Ozai's league. Heck she hasn't even faced anyone as good as Iroh, Jeong Jeong, Azula, or even Zuko, so it is faulty logic to say that she could without a doubt block everything he could dish out.

#37 Posted by JustSomeRandomKid (5153 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozai nearly stomps. Aang didn't start winning until he went into the Avatar State and we all know Aang>>Korra

#38 Posted by juiceboks (25094 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozai. Skill and raw power is his in spades, and Korra's usual method of trying to overpower her opponents won't work here.

#39 Edited by KidPhillip (540 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk how to post pics or videos

#40 Posted by Stormdriven (18060 posts) - - Show Bio

There are buttons above the post box with all the options. You can see Img and Video at the right.

#41 Posted by SpartanKobe (1124 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Lunacyde (28306 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde:

I already changed my mind. XD

Good, I don't think he stomps, but I can see him taking 7-8/10.

#43 Edited by GXrevolution96 (3654 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu Actually, Korra has used the jet propulsion. She used it to during her fight with Vaatu and again with her fight with Unalaq

There is no way that Ozai could even hope to defeat her. Book 1 Korra debatable, but current Korra absolutely wrecks Ozai. It wouldn't even be a fight contest. Korra has demonstrated countless times that her fire bending is way above par. In terms of raw power, she exceeds Ozai and Aang. What people tend to forget is that Korra, like Ozai, has the comet on her side. The only element that Aang exceeds Korra is air bending. I admit, he has Korra outclassed in that department, but she is a far better water bender and fire bender.

For people disregarding Korra's bending prowess, let me remind you....

The force of this now fire blast knocked this guy back several metres through the air and onto the roof

No Caption Provided

Korra can use jet propulsion(a technique Aang couldn't do) to fly and levitate, as well as to create fire shield

No Caption Provided

Korra's fire blast was so powerful that it blew a whole clean through Vaatu's body

No Caption Provided

As you can see, Korra is fully capable of nullifying powerful fire bending attacks

No Caption Provided

Korra's one fire blast KO's eqalist goons. The power and intensity of this one fire blast affected the surrounding area

Korra's breath of fire was so powerful that it stunned even Vaatu

I would like to see Aang do this.

#44 Posted by KidPhillip (540 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Edited by JustSomeRandomKid (5153 posts) - - Show Bio

@gxrevolution96: Aang couldn't do? lol he chose NOT to use fire to fly. Aang used air to propel himself not fire. Aang make a water tornado? Aang already has made a tornado using earth so it doesn't matter. Aang>>Korra and Aang was losing the fight against Ozai. If he didn't have the Avatar state he would have died. Aang exceeds Korra in Lightning Bending, Earthbending, Energybending, Airbending, and maybe Firebending but it's hard to tell cause he rarely uses it outside of Avatar State. Waterbending is also debatable.

#46 Posted by KidPhillip (540 posts) - - Show Bio

@justsomerandomkid:

No. Rewatch the show.

Aang was scared af and attempted to hide himself inside a rock.

That's whybhe lost before avatar state.

#47 Posted by RetconCrisis (5593 posts) - - Show Bio

In the section where you type the text to post, above at the bar there's Img and Video

Click on Img to post an image. Then you can choose whether to use a URL, from your computer, from the ComicVine, or if you wanna choose from previous images you've already used on CV.

Click on Video for videos. Then put in the embedded code you got from the original source of the video.

Hope that helped. Someone might've already replied to you already anyway.

#48 Posted by JustSomeRandomKid (5153 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidphillip: What are you talking about? He was losing the fight before then. He still would have lost if it wasn't for the avatar state.

#49 Posted by KidPhillip (540 posts) - - Show Bio

@retconcrisis:

Thanks. I will utilize that when I get on a computer. (Soon)

#50 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (9502 posts) - - Show Bio