• Fight in the Western Air Temple
Avatar image for thebluedragon20
thebluedragon20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Without avatar state, the team wins if they are in a similar position to combustion man vs the gaang. With P'li curving her shots around the pillars, korra's defenses will not last.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Neat one! I would say team especially given the range.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebluedragon20: Why do you say without Avatar State? That isn't stipulated and Korra can enter it at will.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra fairly easy.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cocacolaman  Moderator

@thebluedragon20: Why do you say without Avatar State? That isn't stipulated and Korra can enter it at will.

I never specify it because I figure it should just be an auto assumption, but she does not have Avatar State.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CM and P'li.

Korra doesn't stand a chance without the AS and from 100 feet away. They can just snipe her, and there's no way she's avoiding both of them firing at her at the same time.

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll say Team. That distance gives the Team a good advantage, and not very many could beat 2 Combustion benders at the same time on their own. Western Air Temple also doesn't have a massive water source (it has a decent running found iirc), which is Korra's best bet for incapacitation (plus her best element imo). Firebending, and even her earthbending won't be as helpful. Her airbending is her best bet at defense here. Her mobility and strength with airbending may help, but I don't see her taking a majority.

mantraxsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll say Team. That distance gives the Team a good advantage, and not very many could beat 2 Combustion benders at the same time on their own. Western Air Temple also doesn't have a massive water source (it has a decent running found iirc), which is Korra's best bet for incapacitation (plus her best element imo). Firebending, and even her earthbending won't be as helpful. Her airbending is her best bet at defense here. Her mobility and strength with airbending may help, but I don't see her taking a majority.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: I don't follow your logic. It's an ability Korra has, so if it's not stipulated of course I would assume she can use the abilities she has. I would amend the OP to reflect the restriction

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cocacolaman  Moderator

@amendment50: Way I see it, it should be obvious that it would be restricted against non-Avatars. The Avatar State is way too much for even a small army of benders to come close to surviving against, much less matching or especially beating. If I allowed the Avatar State, Korra would win every time simply because of her overwhelming raw power, the same applying to every match with an Avatar where they're not fighting another Avatar. I find it similar to putting Bruce Banner against another street leveler; I shouldn't need to specify "no Hulk" in that match up, it should just be obvious.

I will edit the OP though.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amendment50: It's an ability to provides Korra with an amp that puts her way above most other benders in Avatar.

In every single Avatar thread I have seen, unless it is stated that the Avatar State is allowed, I have rightfully assumed it isn't allowed.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By eslay03

Team. Two Combustionbenders are hard enough to deal with, but the 100ft starting distance makes the victor much more clear.

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With this location and distance I would give it to the sparky sparky boom duo. The two of them together could basically blow the western air temple off the side of the mountain.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Without the Avatar State, Korra wouldn't win in a straight up fight, and her skill set is not very well suited to tactical scenarios. If she could get close enough to metalbend Combustion Man's prosthetic limbs, she could potentially do it, but she has no realistic way to do that in this setting.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

100 feet away in the western air temple is a huge terrain advantage for the duo. I don't see Korra taking them out without a surprise attack. Sparky Sparky Boom Team win this fight.

MrGetMeBodied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

P'li and CM has a distance advantage and P'li can fire-bend. They will take her out eventually. The only way Korra could possibly win is if she relies on an air vortex for speed and air shields like the one she used to block the explosion in Zaofu.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigdreamer48 said:

Without the Avatar State, Korra wouldn't win in a straight up fight, and her skill set is not very well suited to tactical scenarios. If she could get close enough to metalbend Combustion Man's prosthetic limbs, she could potentially do it, but she has no realistic way to do that in this setting.

???

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

100 feet away in the western air temple is a huge terrain advantage for the duo. I don't see Korra taking them out without a surprise attack. Sparky Sparky Boom Team win this fight.

How is the location an advantage for them though? The western airtemple fits better for Korra's fighting style more

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 anthp2000  Moderator
Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Need clarification on the highlighted statement.

Relative to this specific scenario? In general? If so how do you define that?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 anthp2000  Moderator

@tektonic: As in, there's a variety of techniques well suited to tactical scenarios -- stealth, cover, sensory, infiltration -- some benders are particularly skilled at, while Korra's own skill set is more battle focused.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic: As in, there's a variety of techniques well suited to tactical scenarios -- stealth, cover, sensory, infiltration -- some benders are particularly skilled at, while Korra's own skill set is more battle focused.

Ohhhh kk I thought you meant she lacked tactical/strategic applications(I was about to rant about her non linear techniques and plays).

In terms of techniques for stealth and cover the first things that come to mind are her steam manipulation or fire twister, neither will be of any use here at 100 feet though.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 anthp2000  Moderator

@tektonic said:
@anthp2000 said:

Ohhhh kk I thought you meant she lacked tactical/strategic applications(I was about to rant about her non linear techniques and plays).

In terms of techniques for stealth and cover the first things that come to mind are her steam manipulation or fire twister, neither will be of any use here at 100 feet though.

I actually did consider that, I only did not mention it because she hasn't shown she can create it herself out of water. Granted I would personally be willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, since she was trained by Katara and has displayed some top notch waterbending, but it was in Aang's era when we saw lower level waterbenders doing it. In any case, I doubt it'd be enough to give her a reliable win condition here.

I'm not sure what you're referring to when talking about a fire twister, the only thing that comes to mind is her use of the Avatar State against Unalaq, which is not applicable here.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually did consider that, I only did not mention it because she hasn't shown she can create it herself out of water. Granted I would personally be willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, since she was trained by Katara and has displayed some top notch waterbending, but it was in Aang's era when we saw lower level waterbenders doing it.

Easy to miss, but in Korra's era, a Red Monsoon Member was also able to convert water into steam during the race with Mako.

Spoiler

No Caption Provided

In addition to the waterbenders from the DOBS who helped Katara it does seem to be relatively low level.

In any case, I doubt it'd be enough to give her a reliable win condition here.

Definitely not, distance it too large for that trick lol.

I'm not sure what you're referring to when talking about a fire twister, the only thing that comes to mind is her use of the Avatar State against Unalaq, which is not applicable here.

Oh I mean Korra's fire twister he used against Kuvira and her elite guards to blind them.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Combustion duo.

Pimonster31415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think she can close the distance but she probably dies anyway.

Avatar image for raimundopedrosa
raimundopedrosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra's got this.

JustBeRad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team wins without Avatar State

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra relatively easy.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the few duos that would actually beat Korra. I'll side with the combuston benders, arguments could be made for Korra via versatility and mobility, but especially at this range, I find it much more likely she gets overpowered by their combined blasts.