deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The gauntlet runner.
The gauntlet runner.

Korra's decided to test her H2H skills against a gauntlet of CW's finest. How far does she get?

R1- Roy Harper (No mirakuru)

R2- Laurel Lance

R3- Thea Queen

R4- Diggle

R5- Malcolm Merlyn

R6- Sara Lance

R7- Prometheus

R8- Slade Wilson

R9- Oliver Queen

R10- Deathstroke

This is a pure H2H gauntlet. No weapons of any kind (not even bows) are permitted.

Street clothes for everyone (no armor).

Korra is fully rested and healed after each round.

All are in-character, but completely serious.

If you think the order is messed up (which it almost certainly is) just say what rounds you think she wins and loses.

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By assemblesquad

there's no Nyssa in this thread?

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thebuckaronatr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mial42: You said no weapons, but what is with bending amps?

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thebuckaronatr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mial42 said:

@thebuckaronatr:

No. Pure H2H.

Well she clears 1 to 6, but i need to think a bit about the rest first.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Her physical advantage would help her win first few rounds, but I don't see her getting past Malcolm.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only one I know for sure she loses is Deathstroke (I'm assuming that means Mirakuru), since that negates the physical advantage Korra has other rounds

In theory, I think she should be able to clear up to Deathstroke, but her pure h2h showings are somewhat limited. She doesn't have many fights against other notable h2h fighters, but none of the CW fighters have bested (or really had much of a fight with) someone with her skills and physicals either, which makes it hard to argue definitively either way

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem is the level of agility she incorporates with her h2h.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 anthp2000  Moderator

Clears. Way too much of a physical advantage and comparable martial skill.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By The_Justiciar

@rbt said:

Her physical advantage would help her win first few rounds, but I don't see her getting past Malcolm.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clears. Way too much of a physical advantage and comparable martial skill.

@rbt said:

Fight!

The problem is the level of agility she incorporates with her h2h.

Where do you see her stopping?

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mial42: At best I see her stopping at Slade or Oliver, if she finds a way to make better use of her physicals and agility, then things may be different though.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mial42: tbh I think her low showings against fighters like the Equalists (to whom people like Slade or Malcolm are definitely superior) is enough for me to say that she wouldn't clear.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_magister:

I actually don't think she clears either (although I lean more towards her maybe stopping around Oliver and definitely at Deathstroke), but the low showings with the Equalists can't be applied to this gauntlet for a couple of reasons:

1. The equalists have and consistently use pressure points attacks far more than anyone on this gauntlet. This allowed them to get around Korra's durability easily. While some of the gauntlet members also have pressure points, none of them have ever shown anywhere near the sort of casual and consistent usage chi-blockers do.

2. That fight was Korra's first major fight in the entire series. Not only had she never faced chi-blockers before (she didn't even know what chi-blocking was), but she was incredibly inexperienced in general at that point. It'd be sort of like cherry-picking one of Ollie's first S1 fights to try and lowball him.

3. EOS Korra is arguably more skilled, far more experienced, and definitely physically superior to the Korra that lost to the chi-blockers.

4. Tying in to points 3 and 4, once she gained a little bit more experience, she went from losing to a single chi-blocker to rather decisively out skilling and beating the Liuetenant, who has better feats and hype than individual chi-blockers.

Tl;dr, Korra's early loss against a chi-blocker is due more to the surprise factor and a lack of experience then anything else, and it's not applicable even to B1 Korra, let alone EOS.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see her beating Malcolm.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mial42: Those are all good points tbh, making me rethink this. Let me get back to you on that lol

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mial42 said:

@the_magister:

I actually don't think she clears either (although I lean more towards her maybe stopping around Oliver and definitely at Deathstroke), but the low showings with the Equalists can't be applied to this gauntlet for a couple of reasons:

1. The equalists have and consistently use pressure points attacks far more than anyone on this gauntlet. This allowed them to get around Korra's durability easily. While some of the gauntlet members also have pressure points, none of them have ever shown anywhere near the sort of casual and consistent usage chi-blockers do.

2. That fight was Korra's first major fight in the entire series. Not only had she never faced chi-blockers before (she didn't even know what chi-blocking was), but she was incredibly inexperienced in general at that point. It'd be sort of like cherry-picking one of Ollie's first S1 fights to try and lowball him.

3. EOS Korra is arguably more skilled, far more experienced, and definitely physically superior to the Korra that lost to the chi-blockers.

4. Tying in to points 3 and 4, once she gained a little bit more experience, she went from losing to a single chi-blocker to rather decisively out skilling and beating the Liuetenant, who has better feats and hype than individual chi-blockers.

Tl;dr, Korra's early loss against a chi-blocker is due more to the surprise factor and a lack of experience then anything else, and it's not applicable even to B1 Korra, let alone EOS.

To add to this, those Equalists were not your run of the mill fodder that we saw later in the series. They were clearly very skilled (worth noting that they could actually use chi blocking while the more common Equalist fodder relied on tech) and exceptionally agile and fast. I wouldn't say they were Ty Lee level but they could certainly give her a decent fight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mial42: The order is a bit off. IMO Thea and Diggle should switch and Slade is way too high, he should be below Prometheus and IMO, Malcolm and Sara as well. Also Sara and Malcolm are interchangable, though i understand why you have Sara above him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers