Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Korra:

No Caption Provided

VS

Suki:

No Caption Provided

When Avatar Korra takes on the Kyoshi Warrior Suki, who will win?

For this fight, Korra does not have her bending. She must rely on martial arts only

Suki does not have any weapons

Both have basic knowledge about each other

Fight takes place in the streets of Ba Sing Se. Starting distance is 20 feet

Both are in character. Victory by ko

Who wins?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Really now? Suki godstomps in less than a minute. More skilled + more agile + Chi Blocking.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 anthp2000  Moderator
anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@foxerdes: Yep, they said so in the finale and later Suki used it herself later:

No Caption Provided
Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Suki e-z

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

What makes her more skilled?

Suki's chi blocking is not that extensive, and by now Korra has experience against it. She beat the Lieutenant with largely h2h, and in the video game she could fight chi blockers with no bending (granted video game feats are a bit harder to use)

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Arcus1

@foxerdes: technically Korra's been training since she was 4, while Suki's been training since she was 8. Her fight with Azula helps show how bending training can double as hand to hand training (since it's all martial arts)

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

@arcus1 said:

@anthp2000:

Suki's chi blocking is not that extensive, and by now Korra has experience against it. She beat the Lieutenant with largely h2h, and in the video game she could fight chi blockers with no bending (granted video game feats are a bit harder to use)

• The fact that she was able to stalemate Ty Lee without chi blocking, and that Ty Lee >> Lieutenant in every litteral way. Esspecially speed:

No Caption Provided

Here she covers 12 feet in like 00,00,36 seconds and here:

No Caption Provided

She throws 6 punches in a second.
That feat alone is well above anything Korra's done.

• Kora's experience against fodder won't save her against someone like Suki, really.
  • Yeah, I am really against using the video games. Patricularly this one. Korra is stupidly OP in there. Generally, when people use the word "canon" for video games, they use the cut-scenes, not the actual gameplay which includes inconsistencies and non-sense including Korra fire jetting around like comet Ozai and bending a dozen of giant air spouts at once.
Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Arcus1

@anthp2000:

I agree Ty Lee's better than the Lieutenant, but not by that much, and he has electric weapons that can do damage with any touch, not just a strike to a specific place. And Korra didn't just stalemate him, she beat him quite solidly

I agree the gameplay shouldn't be used, but per the storyline she's capable of it. Hence why the feat is difficult to use

And I count 4 punches, but that doesn't make a huge difference

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 anthp2000  Moderator

@arcus1 said:

@anthp2000:

I agree Ty Lee's better than the Lieutenant, but not by that much, and he has electric weapons that can do damage with any touch, not just a strike to a specific place. And Korra didn't just stalemate him, she beat him quite solidly

I agree the gameplay shouldn't be used, but per the storyline she's capable of it. Hence why the feat is difficult to use

And I count 4 punches, but that doesn't make a huge difference

I don't think Ty Lee can stomp the Lieutenant if that's what I left to be understood, but can take him without too much trouble. So can Suki.

She also used firebending and parts of the fight also included range with fire blasts etc. If Suki had chi blocking in the Boiling Rock, she could have arguably took Ty Lee down which is pretty significant.
Also, the Lieutenant actually landed a shot or two on Korra, she just tanked it. Something that chi blocking won't give her the luxary to.

Fair enough, but fodder are fodder. Suki was also one shotting boiling rock guards with her pure strength.

You might be right. I don't know right now. She's pretty damn fast anyway.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000:

If he did land a shot it wasn't significant, because a hit that actually connected well would have hurt her in some noticeable way

And she did use firebending, but honestly the best shots she landed for the most part were without bending

True, but chi blockers have some degree of skill in h2h (more than guards)

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 anthp2000  Moderator

@arcus1: Lin tanked a hit before going down too. Wether it was significant or not doesn't matter because chi blocking is not about significance or anything. Its a one shot.

She did sent him flying with a fire blast before he attacked Lin and from faw away we do see her throwing mote blasts. Plus, she was using fire in punches and kicks too. In all honesty, Id still give the Lt a clear majority over Korra without bending.

True that.

Cosmic_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ends in Sex.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 anthp2000  Moderator
HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

prob suki

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: Lin tanked a hit before going down too. Wether it was significant or not doesn't matter because chi blocking is not about significance or anything. Its a one shot.

She did sent him flying with a fire blast before he attacked Lin and from faw away we do see her throwing mote blasts. Plus, she was using fire in punches and kicks too. In all honesty, Id still give the Lt a clear majority over Korra without bending.

True that.

When Lin got hit she was down on her hands and knees

Chi blocking isn't always a one shot. it depends on where they get hit. The effect could vary from just disabling bending to disabling a limb to being a one shot

Yeah she was using firebending, didn't deny that, but she disarmed him of one of his sticks in hand to hand, and her elbow strike was what dazed him enough to blast him off the roof.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 anthp2000  Moderator

@arcus1: Only after the Lt hit her a second time. He hit her two continuous times.

Yeah but there are way too many pressure points on the human body. You'll notice that in order to take away bending, Ty Lee hits certain specific points but when she simply wants to disable someone, she can hit them nearly everywhere in the body.

Yeah, I never denied Korra is a very skilled h2h fighter and strong enough to deal good amounts of damage, she is just not to the point where hoh can make a case for her beating such a skilled, agile chi blocker like Suki. And I do think the Lt could have still won without BFR and without bending. However to be fair, he wasn't so very skilled either. I mean, Asami one shot him (granted she's an expert martial artist too). Its mostly the reach he has.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Arcus1

@arcus1: Only after the Lt hit her a second time. He hit her two continuous times.

Yeah but there are way too many pressure points on the human body. You'll notice that in order to take away bending, Ty Lee hits certain specific points but when she simply wants to disable someone, she can hit them nearly everywhere in the body.

Yeah, I never denied Korra is a very skilled h2h fighter and strong enough to deal good amounts of damage, she is just not to the point where hoh can make a case for her beating such a skilled, agile chi blocker like Suki. And I do think the Lt could have still won without BFR and without bending. However to be fair, he wasn't so very skilled either. I mean, Asami one shot him (granted she's an expert martial artist too). Its mostly the reach he has.

Not really anywhere. There are a number of points she can use, but generally all in the torso/shoulders

Sure Suki has some chi blocking, but she's only shown use of one point, it's not like she's Ty Lee level. And technically the guy she chi blocked was still capable of moving after she hit him, it would appear she blocked his bending

And to be fair with Asami he wasn't exactly expecting her to turn on them. Plus their electric weapons are designed for one-shots

prob suki

Any reasons?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 anthp2000  Moderator

@arcus1: I said nearly anywhere. She can hit them on the whole arm, leg and chest. Its not so hard.

And he also fell down. Meaning he was paralyzed for a short period of time. And I do not think it's a far assumption that she cannot paralyze people.

I agree but he attacked her so it may kind of cancel it out.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: I said nearly anywhere. She can hit them on the whole arm, leg and chest. Its not so hard.

And he also fell down. Meaning he was paralyzed for a short period of time. And I do not think it's a far assumption that she cannot paralyze people.

I agree but he attacked her so it may kind of cancel it out.

For an instant ko her blows have basically always needed to be on the torso or shoulder area

In the very next panel we see him moving, paralysis doesn't wear off that quickly. In theory she probably could but she hasn't actually demonstrated it

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 anthp2000  Moderator

@arcus1: But she was immobilizing the Terra team hitting their chests and was paralyzing Sokka's limbs one by one. I never talked about an instant KO. I talked about a one shot. One limb loss = one shot. Korra or anyone for that matter cannot fight with 3 limbs, at least not effectively.

Its basically pressure points. There's no reason for Suki to be unable to hit other points to paralyze people.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: But she was immobilizing the Terra team hitting their chests and was paralyzing Sokka's limbs one by one. I never talked about an instant KO. I talked about a one shot. One limb loss = one shot. Korra or anyone for that matter cannot fight with 3 limbs, at least not effectively.

Its basically pressure points. There's no reason for Suki to be unable to hit other points to paralyze people.

I'd consider a one shot to be a ko, but I can see where you're coming from

I'm just going by what she's demonstrated. We have no way of knowing how much chi blocking she knows except by what she's demonstrated

Avatar image for deactivated-614ce5c370323
deactivated-614ce5c370323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suki

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suki due to the advantage of chi blocking, but in a decent fight.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaycool2 said:

Suki

Any reasons?

Suki due to the advantage of chi blocking, but in a decent fight.

Her chi blocking's not that extensive, and Korra's got experience against chi blockers to compensate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: Suki from what I remember is more experienced in h2h then Korra. Korra in her own right is rather good in h2h but does often rely on her bending in combat , where Suki uses her h2h skills constantly as it's her primary form of combat from what I remember (which could be wrong). Suki's chi block will also be problematic for Korra to deal with, especially with someone as agile as Suki.

Can you remind me when did Korra fight chi blockers?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaycool2 said:

@arcus1: Suki from what I remember is more experienced in h2h then Korra. Korra in her own right is rather good in h2h but does often rely on her bending in combat , where Suki uses her h2h skills constantly as it's her primary form of combat from what I remember (which could be wrong). Suki's chi block will also be problematic for Korra to deal with, especially with someone as agile as Suki.

Can you remind me when did Korra fight chi blockers?

There's her fight with the Lieutenant, while technically he's not a chi blocker his electric sticks are similar. In the video game storyline she fought chi blockers with no bending, but video game feats are harder to use

Korra does use her bending, but all bending's based on martial arts, and with someone as physical as Korra it can translate very well to non-bending combat (we've seen it with other benders like Iroh, Zuko, or Azula)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: I don't think game feats count, right? Cause technically there non canon feats unless the ones for Korra are canon. Are the chi blockers in game anywhere close to suki in skill?

Fair enough, but as I said before suki is more experienced with h2h combat as that is what she uses primarily for combat, she's also especially nimble. Which will be difficult to deal with.But I can see the logic in what you've said, Korra isn't a slouch in h2h, Suki in my opinion is just superior.

Blackjax137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suki

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaycool2 said:

@arcus1: I don't think game feats count, right? Cause technically there non canon feats unless the ones for Korra are canon. Are the chi blockers in game anywhere close to suki in skill?

Fair enough, but as I said before suki is more experienced with h2h combat as that is what she uses primarily for combat, she's also especially nimble. Which will be difficult to deal with.But I can see the logic in what you've said, Korra isn't a slouch in h2h, Suki in my opinion is just superior.

The game's canon, but I know trying to use gameplay moves and such generally isn't accepted. So while the storyline would support her being a very capable fighter even without bending, it doesn't seem to offer much in the way of usable feats

They're equalist chi blockers, same as in S1. Course even then it varied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: S'okay, just wanted to know if the game was canon, cause most of the time they are not.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1 said:

@anthp2000:

• The fact that she was able to stalemate Ty Lee without chi blocking, and that Ty Lee >> Lieutenant in every litteral way. Esspecially speed:
No Caption Provided

Here she covers 12 feet in like 00,00,36 seconds and here:

No Caption Provided

She throws 6 punches in a second.

That feat alone is well above anything Korra's done.

• Kora's experience against fodder won't save her against someone like Suki, really.
  • Yeah, I am really against using the video games. Patricularly this one. Korra is stupidly OP in there. Generally, when people use the word "canon" for video games, they use the cut-scenes, not the actual gameplay which includes inconsistencies and non-sense including Korra fire jetting around like comet Ozai and bending a dozen of giant air spouts at once.

I hope that opinion isn't for video games in general, because i can shut down those anti- "gameplay mechnanics" arguments real quick. In regards to video games based off a TV show of course there would be inconsistencies based off gameplay, to a degree, but the plot of the story shows Korra losing her powers, then gradually getting them back, using mostly H2H in the beginning, that cannot be denied.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaycool2 said:

@arcus1: S'okay, just wanted to know if the game was canon, cause most of the time they are not.

This time I believe it is

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 anthp2000  Moderator

@deathhero61: We solved that already. The story I includes Korra doing it so she did it. Its just that we cannot use her lives from the gameplay.

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: Suki's feats are better, being able to contend with Ty Lee and chi block. Korra's a strong cookie, but her actual H2H isn't really at Ty Lee's level

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suki for reasons already stated

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: Suki's feats are better, being able to contend with Ty Lee and chi block. Korra's a strong cookie, but her actual H2H isn't really at Ty Lee's level

thebuckaronatr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShadowPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suki stomps so hard

Beta-56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suki.

thebuckaronatr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justicethorpsylocke said:

Still the same.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you know, you know.

OT: I think Suki wins this with difficulty. If there's one thing Suki is better at than most MC, it's h2h.