Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Everyone is bloodlusted
  • Full heal after each round
  • Fight takes place at the Misty Palms Oasis (as of A:LoK). Metalbenders have access to one Zaofu sheet and two meteroites.
  • Starting distance: 20m
  • Korra is restricted to firebending only

Round one: Wing & Wei

No Caption Provided

Round two: Tonraq

No Caption Provided

Round three: Mako

No Caption Provided

Round four: Bolin

No Caption Provided

Round five: Zaheer (Pre-Flight)

No Caption Provided

Round six: Ghazan

No Caption Provided

Round seven: Zuko

No Caption Provided

Round eight: Azula (EOS)

No Caption Provided

Boss: Kuvira

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-6249a821a8c64
deactivated-6249a821a8c64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With bloodlust on I see her scraping past Zuko to stop at Azula. Kuvira murders her, she's above fire Korra in a general sense anyway and to add insult to injury Kuviras style is perfect for this matchup (and firebenders in general) and you gave her meteorites and metal sheets.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vengefulshot: Reasons for her beating to Zuko and Ghazan, but losing to Azula?

Also, fwiw, I changed Kuvira's access to metal - she now "only" has two meteroites and one sheet. Maybe I should give her just one sheet lol

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at 5

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfallax: Ghazan lacks the defensives to deal with her more powerful attacks. Korra is very fast and should end this in the early fight before Ghazan can gain momentum with lava by simply overwhelming his shields (if this was morals on I'd give Ghazan a few more wins out of 10).

Zuko is slower than Korra, less agile and slightly less powerful by eos too. Again, if she opens with the sandshark blast, or the blasts she used to destroy Unalaqs shield I don't think Zuko has a response. If he can withstand those first attacks he should edge her out due to superior versatility as the fight drags on, but as it stands Korra should win 6/10.

Azula is basically Zuko with better agility and speed by eos. Those 2 things should allow her to survive the early fight long enough for her superior skill to come into play, giving her a 6/10 majority.

Still Kuvira low diff, too fast, too versatile, less power but doesn't matter since her attacks are oneshots and Korra cant block them. Korras only chance is CQC which will never happen despite starting distance due to Kuviras battlefield control and her cables.

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula should be the last round, and Korra stops at Ghazan.

Avatar image for crimson-feather
Crimson-Feather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Crimson-Feather

I would change the order a bit, Mako above Bolin and maybe even above Zaheer. I would usually consider Zaheer above Mako, but i think Korra could maybe stop at Mako if he abuses his lightning, but she should beat Bolin and Zaheer.

And the Boss round should be Azula instead of Kuvira, even without comic feats would i put Azula a bit above Kuvira and Korra has obviously no chance to win against a better firebender who is faster and more agile than her.

Avatar image for theonewhoknocks
TheOneWhoKnocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Ghazan imo, though with bloodlust on she may just overwhelm his subpar defence. Definitely won't beat Azula or Kuvira. Mako should be higher, but he won't stop her regardless.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 anthp2000  Moderator

Ghazan possibly. Definitely Zuko.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Definitely stops at Zuko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra makes it not past Zuko, but has already many problems in earlier rounds.

Order seems slightly off.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfallax: The first 6 rounds will give her varying amounts of trouble, but Zuko is a vastly superior firebender than Korra is. Korra also has no feats against established firebenders.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c
deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a hard time rating exactly where Korra falls with just firebending. I could make an argument for her clearing in all honesty with bloodlust - no one here really has a good answer to spammed fireblasts the size of a waterspout or the sandshark blast. But at the same time, I really don't think she's a better firebender than Zuko or Azula, and Kuvira's style is great against firebenders. Likewise, I think that Bolin, Zaheer and Ghazan all have a solid shot against her, as earthbending is a good counter to high-scale firebending (see Sozin's Comet for examples) and Zaheer is the most agile person here, which allows him to work around Korra's scale. Could stop anywhere from 4 to clearing.

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Ghazan imo, though with bloodlust on she may just overwhelm his subpar defence. Definitely won't beat Azula or Kuvira. Mako should be higher, but he won't stop her regardless.

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By gunchar16

@mialthefencer:

I could make an argument for her clearing in all honesty with bloodlust - no one here really has a good answer to spammed fireblasts the size of a waterspout or the sandshark blast.

No Caption Provided

But if we are already making shit up, could we at least get a lot more creative.

Wing and Wei, and Kuvira form bullets and spam them like miniguns.

Bolin and Ghazan create lava golems.

Zaheer suffocates Korra in an instant.

Azula spams the lightning that killed Aang.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunchar16:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I'm not making stuff up.

mialthefencer logic:

Fire gets visibly spread out by ice constructs, in an ambigous likely Avatar State scene. Obvious conclusion = Korra can spam as big fire blasts, despite never doing so anywhere else.

Korra charges a fire blast and shoots it into the belly of a big living organism, which causes what a surprise a big explosion. Obvious conclusion = Korra can spam big explosions, despite never doing so at all.

My conclusion:

No Caption Provided

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tektonic

@gunchar16 said:
I could care less for the rest of what you said but this has already been debunked.

Korra charges a fire blast

First of all that was the most negligible "charging" for a move of this caliber we've probably ever seen in the verse.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Estimated Charge Time: 19:59-...19:59 it wasn't even a whole second, at least know that before you claim otherwise.

and shoots it into the belly of a big living organism, which causes what a surprise a big explosion.

We know for a fact the explosion started in it's mouth completely enveloping it
We know for a fact the explosion started in it's mouth completely enveloping it
Seen more clearly here
Seen more clearly here
And only would reach the stomach later
And only would reach the stomach later
Where it had no exit and swelled up
Where it had no exit and swelled up

Obvious conclusion = Korra can spam big explosions, despite never doing so at all.

Well first of all, within the context of the episode you have to understand Korra was able to dig an entire airship out of a desert mound with her newest element. So it falls in line with what the episode was having her do.

Second of all it wouldn't be the first time Korra tried a large fireblast on a large opponent, granted it wasn't nearly as successful here, the leviathan spirit was too powerful for regular bending. Obviously she has many large firebending showings(better ones) but this is fairly similar.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Earendill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Die Zuko and Azula.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunchar16:

...I show you Korra using a spout sized fire ball and then completely obliterating a massive ice wall in quick succession and you dismiss that as "the fire visibly spreading" even though it clearly retained all of it's power? I agree that the AS is ambiguous, but the sandshark feat, which is way beyond even this feat, occurs next season, which makes me think that this is probably base Korra. No one on this list really has a good answer to attacks on this level. As for consistency... this is the only time Korra is fighting to the death against someone post S1 (outside of berserker Korra vs Zaheer and sick Korra vs Kuvira, but those aren't relevant for obvious reasons). You don't use spout sized fireballs on people you don't want to kill. The sandshark feat makes it clear that this level of power is not an outlier.

As for the sandshark feat lowballing, Tektonic already handled that. It's one of the best firebending feats in the verse, and you can't just dismiss it because you don't like it.

Wrathofthebrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would change the order a bit, Mako above Bolin and maybe even above Zaheer. I would usually consider Zaheer above Mako, but i think Korra could maybe stop at Mako if he abuses his lightning, but she should beat Bolin and Zaheer.

And the Boss round should be Azula instead of Kuvira, even without comic feats would i put Azula a bit above Kuvira and Korra has obviously no chance to win against a better firebender who is faster and more agile than her.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Zuko or Azula. The only way she can beat Zuko is if she relies on her power advantage

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since it's bloodlusted, if Mako uses lightning, she could stop at three. Arguments could be made for the next few rounds but as most have stated, she would definitely stop this gauntlet at Zuko. ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e72183304ce6
deactivated-5e72183304ce6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Zuko.

DJudgment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chloros said:

Since it's bloodlusted, if Mako uses lightning, she could stop at three. Arguments could be made for the next few rounds but as most have stated, she would definitely stop this gauntlet at Zuko. ?

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 cocacolaman  Moderator  Online

Stops at Zaheer. If Mako is “nothing” to Zaheer then Korra isn’t much better

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Zuko

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably stops at Zuko

mandabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Out of order, but stops at Bolin.

MinhCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At best she makes it to Azula--where Korra would lose out albeit with a good fight--but there's plentiful arguments to her not making it past Ghazan in the first place.