User Lists: 0

#4 cocacolaman  Moderator
viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@cocacolaman: Rangi is the better firebender, has enough strength to blow through earth that Korra throws her way, better user of jets -- both aerial and grounded, skilled enough to turn her jets into offense, something only two other Firebenders have shown -- as far as agni kai is considered. Korra might be the stronger character physically, but Rangi can take hits and concussive heat bending would bridge any gap left. Korra could likely win through incapacitation, but other than that, I don't see a consistent win condition for her.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: Rangi is the better firebender, has enough strength to blow through earth that Korra throws her way, better user of jets -- both aerial and grounded, skilled enough to turn her jets into offense, something only two other Firebenders have shown -- as far as agni kai is considered. Korra might be the stronger character physically, but Rangi can take hits and concussive heat bending would bridge any gap left. Korra could likely win through incapacitation, but other than that, I don't see a consistent win condition for her.

How often did Rangi blast through Earth defenses?

zelonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seemorebutts94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra for me. I see their firebending being about equal but Korra has another element to back her up.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok anyway I believe Korra takes this soundly. She's shown a greater amount of firebending techniques(Saws, Daggers, Giant Jets, Neutralization), and her sandshark feat heavily blows Rangi's charged attack against Yun out the door.

In addition she has earthbending that prevents Rangi from staying grounded and can block pretty much whatever she has. In addition to being capable of launching huge boulders.

Not to mention the obvious speed difference.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 anthp2000  Moderator

Viking raises some good points in favour of Rangi. I do think Korra would win if she were to utilise her metalbending, but she doesn't seem able to, here. Jet stepping is a good response to most of her earthbending, and she's the better firebender. She has a good shot at winning this.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Tektonic
@tektonic said:

How often did Rangi blast through Earth defenses?

Is there any other feats I might be missing here for Rangi?

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic: she has broken through earth twice IIRC and has means to counteract her environmental manipulation with jet stepping and given her jet propulsion is described to be as quick as a blur, she would be able to evade Earthbending fine.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tektonic
@viking1205 said:

@tektonic: she has broken through earth twice IIRC

I recall damaging the floor when she landed, her charged white flame attack, and curving Kyoshi's fireball(more of a duo thing but great skill). Those are her best showings though, the bulk of her attacks can be blocked, and her best attacks minus the charged(very impressive) one can be dealt with a thicker shield or boulder.

and has means to counteract her environmental manipulation with jet stepping and

Depends how Korra chooses to attack her. If it's something obvious like rolling waves or quakes, sure she can avoid. However if it's something accurate like hands and feet encasings(how she trapped Asami), rotating or launching platforms, or boulders spawning right from her feet, than she's likely to be tagged.

given her jet propulsion is described to be as quick as a blur, she would be able to evade Earthbending fine.

Blur is relative, especially since we can't see how fast she was actually moving or anyone prominent being blitzed or attack dodged.

Also many attacks and bending enhancements, especially that Korra has fought can be classified as such(dark spirits, opponents on spouts, cables, super fast attacks moving as a blur or traveling giant distances). In addition to her own varied usage of jets which should be capable of keeping up if she and mako can scale large structures fairly quickly.

Though I'd give her the benefit of the doubt and say she can move close to the speed Mako used jets. Also her sustained jets midair while attacking as she did to Yun will give her a temporary safe zone before Korra uses larger scale attacks to reach her.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf4439ee1f9
deactivated-61cf4439ee1f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra never impressed me with her bending, all her techniques seemed to be like what Wan's were before he learned to use it like an extension of his body, nothing but enhanced punches and kicks, which did get her far considering her athleticism, but not far enough for this kind of nerfed fight with a non-fodder opponent.