Korra (AS) vs Firelord Ozai (Comet)

#1 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In this battle, Avatar Korra will take on Firelord Ozai himself, who will win?

For this battle, Ozai is enhanced by Sozin's comet. However, Korra is not enhanced

Korra has access to the Avatar State for this fight

Fight takes place where Aang fought Ozai, at the same time. Starting distance is 50 feet. Victory by ko or death

Round 1:

Korra is in the same state she was in when poisoned (as far as her physical and mental state). She will not collapse from the poison, but her fighting abilities are appropriately hindered

Ozai does not have lightning

Round 2:

Korra is in perfect health

Ozai has lightning

Round 3:

For this round, Korra has access to her AS feats from Season 2 (before the past lives were destroyed by Unalaq's plot powers). This does not mean she gets the feats from previous Avatars, just the ones she used

Ozai has lightning

Who wins?

#3 Posted by Dextersinister (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozai's best shot would have been knowledge that she's poisoned and holding off if that was on the table.

Unlike Aang Korra would go on the offensive and Ozai isn't anywhere near as agile as Zaheer in flight.

#4 Posted by Killerwasp (17495 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Ozai wins.
  2. Still Ozai but harder.
  3. Could go either way.
#5 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozai's best shot would have been knowledge that she's poisoned and holding off if that was on the table.

Unlike Aang Korra would go on the offensive and Ozai isn't anywhere near as agile as Zaheer in flight.

Ozai might not be as agile as Zaheer, but he is very fast

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Not my best gifs but they'll do

#6 Posted by Jonez_ (11500 posts) - - Show Bio

@killerwasp: How in God's name is Ozai winning round 2?

#7 Edited by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Ozai wins.
  3. Could go either way.

Any reasons?

@jonez120 said:

@killerwasp: How in God's name is Ozai winning round 2?

That would seem to indicate you think Korra wins round 2. What about round 1?

#8 Posted by Killerwasp (17495 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonez120: how in gods name is he not winning round 2?

#9 Edited by Jonez_ (11500 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus: We saw that Ozai was a coward when it comes to fighting people in the Avatar State, so he'd run away from Korra.

I think he could stay away from her long enough for the poison to kill her.

#10 Posted by Killerwasp (17495 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus: Hes a good powerful bender, Korra loves bending fire the most, and in which Ozai is just as good at it. Even though she did have access and stuff to her past lifes she still lost to Unalaq who is no chump, but Ozai has more fire powerful than Unalaq and Ozai imo is just as durable and just as good at bending his own personal element like Unalaq is. As for round 3.... we all know aang comes out and says hi to ozai, however ozai mite not be as shaken as he was before, so this literally depends on how Ozai would react to that once more. If he mans up then he could win, if he doesnt hes goes down hard.

#11 Posted by Dextersinister (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus: That's when he was full on run away mode and it still didn't compare to Zaheers.

Loading Video...

#12 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonez120 said:

@arcus: We saw that Ozai was a coward when it comes to fighting people in the Avatar State, so he'd run away from Korra.

I think he could stay away from her long enough for the poison to kill her.

He ran from Aang's AS to some degree (he also attacked several times), but Aang's Avatar State is stronger than Korra's

@arcus: Hes a good powerful bender, Korra loves bending fire the most, and in which Ozai is just as good at it. Even though she did have access and stuff to her past lifes she still lost to Unalaq who is no chump, but Ozai has more fire powerful than Unalaq and Ozai imo is just as durable and just as good at bending his own personal element like Unalaq is. As for round 3.... we all know aang comes out and says hi to ozai, however ozai mite not be as shaken as he was before, so this literally depends on how Ozai would react to that once more. If he mans up then he could win, if he doesnt hes goes down hard.

None of the past lives or anything for round 3, Korra just gets the feats she used in S2

#13 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus: That's when he was full on run away mode and it still didn't compare to Zaheers.

Loading Video...

I agree that Zaheer's faster, he was faster than Korra too. I think Korra and Ozai are relatively close when it comes to flight speed

#14 Posted by Killerwasp (17495 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus: Ah i see i see my bad i misread she could still win round 3 for sure though.

#15 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by martinceld (1317 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus do you create the gifs or just find them online?

#17 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus do you create the gifs or just find them online?

Some of both, usually I make them but if I find good ones online I'll use those

#18 Posted by martinceld (1317 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus: where do you make them? Is it easy? I think I wanna make some haha

#19 Posted by LlehDevil (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll say:

Korra.

Toss-up.

And perhaps Ozai on the last, but I need more reiterating on the rules on the last one. Does she get her feats from being poisoned?

Explanations on my part later.

L. D.

#20 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

@llehdevil: the last one she gets all her AS feats, including (but not limited to) the ones she she used during Season 2 @martinceld: I usually use makeagif.com, yeah it's easy

#21 Posted by LlehDevil (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus: And what would the difference between R2 and R3 be?

L. D.

#22 Edited by GXrevolution96 (3654 posts) - - Show Bio

Round1

I'll give this round to Ozai. Zaheer, despite being on the defensive for the majority of the fight, was giving Korra a lot of trouble. Compared to Zaheer, Ozai has far greater offensive output. By a lot. Korra's fire blasts were ridiculously small, most likely due to the poison zapping her strength. Ozai is also more efficient with Jet propulsion. He can sustain his propulsion indefinitely with minimal effort whereas Korra had to land at certain points. He is also faster and without a doubt, has more mobility.

Another factor is his durability. Ozai has the best durability showings by any human in the franchise. No other human was shown to take the amount of physical punishment he received when he faced Aang. He was getting hit by AS amped attacks left right and centre and was barely phased.

Round 2

The same a round 2 but Ozai has a more difficulty.

Round 3

If we are talking about all of Korra's feats, she takes this without much difficulty, especially if she has the AS. Aang without the AS and mastery of all 4 elements was able to somewhat hold his own against Ozai for sometime. It only looked one sided because Aang opted to fight defensively the entire time. For someone who hadn't fully mastered earth bending and had barely begun fire bending, he was doing fairly well. It was only until he lost his strength redirecting Ozai's lightning, was he finally overwhelmed. Beyond that point, it became apparent that Aang had lost the will to fight. It was even stated in one of the DVD commentaries that Aang could have killed Ozai with the boulder he launched at the pillar earlier in the fight but aimed the attack away from Ozai because he was still conflicted.

I was skeptical at first so I re-watched the sequence carefully. It appears that Aang never aimed it direct at Ozai

No Caption Provided

Notice how the boulder was directed beneath the pillar platform, right beneath where Ozai was standing. Even If Ozai had dodged the boulder by flying up, the boulder would not have hit that part of the pillar, but instead, would have gone flying off into the distance as it never changed trajectory.

Biased on what we have seen Korra do, she has this in the bag. Ozai will put up somewhat of fight but would eventually succumb. This Korra is far more composed compared to how she was when she fought Zaheer, more efficient and utilises the avatar state only when she needs it. And here, she doesn't have the poison and her emotional state weighing her down. Unlike Aang, Korra is going to opt for a more offensive approach. The only thing stopping Korra form outright destroying Ozai is his flight and durability, which will only prolong the inevitable. Any Avatar with mastery of all 4 elements can take Ozai, in my humble opinion. The avatar state is overkill.

Korra wins with medium difficulty at best.

@martinceld said:

It depends, really. For me, I have every episode of ATLA and LOK already saved on my Toshiba. Whenever I want to make a gif, I simply import it into movie maker, cut the part I want and then upload it to http://ezgif.com/video-to-gif. It doesn't take long at all and is easy to learn.

#23 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

@llehdevil:

R2 she doesn't have any of her S2 feats (since they're not really valid with the loss of the past lives)

#24 Posted by xXxcarzellxXx (3918 posts) - - Show Bio

@killerwasp: Ozai isn't all that powerful people seem to forget every firebender even Aang was boosted by the comet and Korra has the agility to and strebgth to match ozai plus the fire natin aggression

#25 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxcarzellxxx:

He's boosted by the Comet here. However, Korra is not (for the purposes of this battle)

#26 Posted by Killerwasp (17495 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
#28 Posted by deactivated-5a08a02678f1f (8110 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

Time for more gifs

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Having a bit of trouble finding good videos to use for gifs for Ozai-ideally looking for some scenes that aren't cropped/mirrored

#30 Posted by alphaeyght2 (92 posts) - - Show Bio

@gxrevolution96: But, what if this battle (particularly round 2) started with both Korra and Ozai both in their fighting state and place as Ozai vs Aang before Aang went onto AS, they're not flying around like Koheer (because really, most of the time Zaheer just running, faster than Ozai). Korra is perfectly healthy in round 2, means she has clear mind. AS korra > Non-AS Aang right. If Aang could've killed/hurt Ozai when he throws that boulder, Korra can also too ? I mean she got more raw power than normal Aang in her healthy AS and generally more aggressive as well

#31 Posted by hatemalingsia (15494 posts) - - Show Bio

Firelord Ozai.

Korra.

Korra.

#32 Posted by Rijehu (1859 posts) - - Show Bio

Round1

I'll give this round to Ozai. Zaheer, despite being on the defensive for the majority of the fight, was giving Korra a lot of trouble. Compared to Zaheer, Ozai has far greater offensive output. By a lot. Korra's fire blasts were ridiculously small, most likely due to the poison zapping her strength. Ozai is also more efficient with Jet propulsion. He can sustain his propulsion indefinitely with minimal effort whereas Korra had to land at certain points. He is also faster and without a doubt, has more mobility.

Another factor is his durability. Ozai has the best durability showings by any human in the franchise. No other human was shown to take the amount of physical punishment he received when he faced Aang. He was getting hit by AS amped attacks left right and centre and was barely phased.

Round 2

The same a round 2 but Ozai has a more difficulty.

Round 3

If we are talking about all of Korra's feats, she takes this without much difficulty, especially if she has the AS. Aang without the AS and mastery of all 4 elements was able to somewhat hold his own against Ozai for sometime. It only looked one sided because Aang opted to fight defensively the entire time. For someone who hadn't fully mastered earth bending and had barely begun fire bending, he was doing fairly well. It was only until he lost his strength redirecting Ozai's lightning, was he finally overwhelmed. Beyond that point, it became apparent that Aang had lost the will to fight. It was even stated in one of the DVD commentaries that Aang could have killed Ozai with the boulder he launched at the pillar earlier in the fight but aimed the attack away from Ozai because he was still conflicted.

I was skeptical at first so I re-watched the sequence carefully. It appears that Aang never aimed it direct at Ozai

No Caption Provided

Notice how the boulder was directed beneath the pillar platform, right beneath where Ozai was standing. Even If Ozai had dodged the boulder by flying up, the boulder would not have hit that part of the pillar, but instead, would have gone flying off into the distance as it never changed trajectory.

Biased on what we have seen Korra do, she has this in the bag. Ozai will put up somewhat of fight but would eventually succumb. This Korra is far more composed compared to how she was when she fought Zaheer, more efficient and utilises the avatar state only when she needs it. And here, she doesn't have the poison and her emotional state weighing her down. Unlike Aang, Korra is going to opt for a more offensive approach. The only thing stopping Korra form outright destroying Ozai is his flight and durability, which will only prolong the inevitable. Any Avatar with mastery of all 4 elements can take Ozai, in my humble opinion. The avatar state is overkill.

Korra wins with medium difficulty at best.

@martinceld said:

It depends, really. For me, I have every episode of ATLA and LOK already saved on my Toshiba. Whenever I want to make a gif, I simply import it into movie maker, cut the part I want and then upload it to http://ezgif.com/video-to-gif. It doesn't take long at all and is easy to learn.

This

#33 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#35 Posted by SirDrProfessor (1699 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozai's only chance is lightning, because iirc Korra can't lightning redirect.

#36 Posted by uugieboogie (13411 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Ozai wins.
  3. Could go either way.

#37 Posted by xXxcarzellxXx (3918 posts) - - Show Bio

Korra wins she might be too aggressive for the fire lord and she can physically overpowering him

#38 Edited by cpt_nice (10082 posts) - - Show Bio

r1: Ozai wins with medium difficulty, Korra was seriously hindered from the poison

R2: Korra wins with some difficulty. People seem to forget Aang fodderized Ozai as soon as he used the AS, and Korra had a lot more control over it and is more experienced.

R3: Korra with ease.

#39 Posted by utkanflash (2415 posts) - - Show Bio

1- Ozai --> He is more superior than unalaq or kuvira about bending mastery
2- Ozai --> Korra cant redirect lightning and she not agile and intelligence as Aang.. She can piss off and made a mistake then Ozai finish him.
3. Korra--> She is pretty powerfull at this rate..

Aang>>>>>Korra in every category (except Strength ı assume)

#40 Edited by ANTHP2000 (29640 posts) - - Show Bio

Ozai takes all 3 rounds.

#41 Posted by Mrsomebody (90 posts) - - Show Bio

Korra wins. Ozai won't last against Korra in rage state. Korra able fly just like Ozai bit with more elements helps her take him out plus he slower than Zaheer and Korra was close roasting or slaughtering Zaheer. Since Ozai slower than Zaheer Korra has a better chance of killing Ozai in the air than Zaheer. Korra takes all three but in close fight but if Ozai lucky enough the poisoned completely kills her than he escaped and could win but I highly doubt he going escape raging Korra.

#42 Posted by Alsimmons77 (1949 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Ozai stomps, just a bad fight and Ozai don't needs lightning.

2. Korra cause of the Avatar State.

3. Korra cause if the Avatar State.

#43 Posted by Amendment50 (15844 posts) - - Show Bio

What exactly does the Avatar State even do for Korra after she is disconnected from the past Avatars? I mean lore wise. Did they ever explain it?

Also what did the Avatar State do for Wan for that matter? I guess before he fused with Raava he couldn't bend all the elements at the same time. But still Korra could do that either way so IDK.

#44 Posted by Alsimmons77 (1949 posts) - - Show Bio

What exactly does the Avatar State even do for Korra after she is disconnected from the past Avatars? I mean lore wise. Did they ever explain it?

Also what did the Avatar State do for Wan for that matter? I guess before he fused with Raava he couldn't bend all the elements at the same time. But still Korra could do that either way so IDK.

Korra gets still amped by Raava, but i'm not sure about Wan.

#45 Posted by mialthefencer (367 posts) - - Show Bio

Raava provides a power amp for Wan in the AS - he got far more powerful once he entered it. It does the same for Korra.

OT: Healthy AS >>>>> Ozai. Therefore:

Ozai

Korra

Korra