Konrad Curze Joins the Sinestro Corps, who stops him?(DC Gauntlet)

KreigAstartis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KreigAstartis
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Konrad Curze has found himself in possession of a Yellow Lantern Ring Post Crises and Infinite frontier composite. He Knows how it works and how to use it after spending several months time with the Sinistro Corps after being Transported into the DC universe via Warp Spaghetti. Now he runs the The Gauntlet. Characters get Infinite Frontier and Post Crisis feats.

R1:Big Barda

No Caption Provided

R2: Wonder Women

No Caption Provided

R3: Kyle Raynor and Hal Jordan

No Caption Provided

R4: Barry Allen

No Caption Provided

R5: Shazam

No Caption Provided

R6: Martian Manhunter

No Caption Provided

R7: Superman

No Caption Provided

R8: Larfleeze

No Caption Provided

R9: Darkside Avatar

No Caption Provided

R10: Superboy Prime

No Caption Provided

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He certainly stops at Larfleeze, who is above Darkseid* Avatar btw.

TheQuestion01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stops at Martian manhunter, probably, if not definitely stops at larfleeze

Alekos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably stops at Larfleeze can't see him getting past him

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Konrad is being rated way higher than he is lol. He gets obliterated by Kyle and Hal either of which could solo by virtue of far greater experience and skill using rings.

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cergic  Online

@eisenfauste:

But he's got the claws, standard gear and his quite haxxy foresight combined with the full knowledge and user experience of the ring per the OP. A regular non-powered average Joe at human baseline is a very strong character simply because of a lantern ring.

A demigod at base with the full lantern ring to power him up? That's quite a powerhouse.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cergic: Those claws ain't cutting through pure will. His foresight isn't solid enough to generate a win.

A demigod at base with the full lantern ring to power him up? That's quite a powerhouse.

Demigods that almost die to needle rifles and bolt shells. He really has no advantages and they have demonstrable feats of power.

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cergic  Online

@eisenfauste:

But his Claws will work wonders upon contact. I don't know how much GL comics you've read, but surely you will agree with me that they get tagged. A lot.

And by characters thats not centuries old and experienced combat/warfare demigods, with foresight.

Yes, they can die to those things, i agree. After quite a lot of work and punishment more often than not. Compare that to what's needed to kill anything beneath them and the point still stands.

Konrad is clearly going to be a very potent character wil a yellow power ring he's mastered. I don't know why you think he'd never overcome round 3 given his foresight combined with his flawless fit with a yellow ring. I don't think it's impossible for him.

And him getting soloed by either is just plain downplay.

KreigAstartis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He certainly stops at Larfleeze, who is above Darkseid* Avatar btw.

Thanks. Im a little behind on DC and its power pyramid.

KreigAstartis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cergic:

Konrad is clearly going to be a very potent character wil a yellow power ring he's mastered. I don't know why you think he'd never overcome round 3 given his foresight combined with his flawless fit with a yellow ring. I don't think it's impossible for him

well said. Remember this as well?

No Caption Provided

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cergic: They have a forcefield that covers their body and they've reacted to speedsters and bullrushes from superman lvl characters. Hal and Kyle are both planetary

And by characters thats not centuries old and experienced combat/warfare demigods, with foresight.

This isn't an h2h fight they'll be flying and Konrad only has a few months experience with a ring vs. years of experience from Hal and Kyle. They're both planetary in application and solar system at extreme high ends. One of them solos. Konrad has 0 feats with a lantern ring so his ability to draw out it's power is speculation at best.

Yes, they can die to those things, i agree. After quite a lot of work and punishment more often than not. Compare that to what's needed to kill anything beneath them and the point still stands.

The point is his raw stats are irrelevant against more powerful characters. Killowog who is a physical powerhouse without the ring got beat by Hal who has human stats. The ring isn't a multiplier in the way you see it. Kyle is a prodigy who destroyed Major Force (mid tier character) after having just got his ring.

Konrad is clearly going to be a very potent character wil a yellow power ring he's mastered. I don't know why you think he'd never overcome round 3 given his foresight combined with his flawless fit with a yellow ring. I don't think it's impossible for him.

And him getting soloed by either is just plain downplay.

This again is speculation. He has months to learn it and he's facing two planetary characters with greater experience. Give Wolverine a lightsaber and he still won't beat someone more skilled at using a sword than him.

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cergic  Online

@eisenfauste:

They have a forcefield that covers their body and they've reacted to speedsters and bullrushes from superman lvl characters. Hal and Kyle are both planetary

They do. But it's been breached more times than there are GL's in total. And i'd argue it's not a guarantee that the Claws wouldn't work. Regardless, it's an advantage in gear overall in Konrads favour.

Konrad would probably be the new corps leader with a yellow power ring tbh, Sinestro-tier easily.

This isn't an h2h fight they'll be flying and Konrad only has a few months experience with a ring vs. years of experience from Hal and Kyle. They're both planetary in application and solar system at extreme high ends. One of them solos. Konrad has 0 feats with a lantern ring so his ability to draw out it's power is speculation at best.

This is .. well, not wrong, but not entirely true either. I don't feel like dumping scans on lanterns engaging in fisticuffs and pugilism, but lanterns are very often either straight up hitting or they're close distance. Fairly seldomly do we see them use ranged options compared to the amount they engage close-up.

Konrad's got less ring experience but the thread rules clearly and sufficiently states that he both knows how to use it and how it works - that's plenty enough, especially compared to the origin story of several lanterns. Again - Konrad's a genetic marvel that's centuries old. Mentally bonkers in his own way, but still a genetic marvel. He's got every relevant advantage.

And obviously Konrad for 0 feats with a lantern ring. This entire thread is conjecture and guesstimation. Duh.

The point is his raw stats are irrelevant against more powerful characters. Killowog who is a physical powerhouse without the ring got beat by Hal who has human stats. The ring isn't a multiplier in the way you see it. Kyle is a prodigy who destroyed Major Force (mid tier character) after having just got his ring.

That entirely depends on how it all goes down - and let's face it, raw stats is relevant in several regards. If you're already able to react to lasers in base, being given a power ring isn't exactly making it worse. I'm not arguing it amps stats in a multiplier fashion; i'm moreso saying that in a fairly even setting (skilled ringuser vs skilled ringuser) other advantages makes it edge out in favour of the one with more advantages. At least in my mind.

And your own argument here counters your own previous statement about how Konrad got 0 feats and is inexperienced and so on - here you argue that a Kyle that just got the ring rekt a mid tier. If Kyle is a GL prodigy, then Konrad's the Jesus of Yellow Lanterns, that's for sure.

This again is speculation. He has months to learn it and he's facing two planetary characters with greater experience. Give Wolverine a lightsaber and he still won't beat someone more skilled at using a sword than him.

This entire thread, and in extension every battle ever made that's crossverse, is speculation and conjecture.

Thread rules stipulates that he's learned it already.

And i wouldn't be so sure about that wolverine example

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cergic:

They do. But it's been breached more times than there are GL's in total. And i'd argue it's not a guarantee that the Claws wouldn't work. Regardless, it's an advantage in gear overall in Konrads favour.

He's facing guys who make mountain crushing constructs lol, those frogstickers ain't do nothing here. What's he gonna do with them that is in anyway an advantage? If he gets close to one to use them for some reason he gets shot in the back by the other.

Konrad would probably be the new corps leader with a yellow power ring tbh, Sinestro-tier easily.

Neither here nor there plus more speculation.

I don't feel like dumping scans on lanterns engaging in fisticuffs and pugilism, but lanterns are very often either straight up hitting or they're close distance. Fairly seldomly do we see them use ranged options compared to the amount they engage close-up.

My point was this isn't a melee fight with hand held weapons where Konrad would have an advantage. He's at a supreme disadvantage by virtue of using a weapon against two people who have greater experience, actual feats, or nuanced application of willpower.

Konrad's got less ring experience but the thread rules clearly and sufficiently states that he both knows how to use it and how it works - that's plenty enough, especially compared to the origin story of several lanterns. Again - Konrad's a genetic marvel that's centuries old. Mentally bonkers in his own way, but still a genetic marvel. He's got every relevant advantage.

There have been lanterns with decades of experience that get bulldozed by Hal or Kyle. Sorry Konrad with a few months and his mind isn't sufficient to argue he's beating two Lantern powerhouses who have every advantage here.

And obviously Konrad for 0 feats with a lantern ring. This entire thread is conjecture and guesstimation. Duh.

"Duh" but you're the one stretching this speculation to maximum that he's winning really any of these fights. I don't have to guess that Hal or Kyle have insane feats with their rings, I do with Konrad. End of the day it's a bad thread.

That entirely depends on how it all goes down - and let's face it, raw stats is relevant in several regards. If you're already able to react to lasers in base

The ring isn't making him faster than either of them lol.

And your own argument here counters your own previous statement about how Konrad got 0 feats and is inexperienced and so on - here you argue that a Kyle that just got the ring rekt a mid tier. If Kyle is a GL prodigy, then Konrad's the Jesus of Yellow Lanterns, that's for sure.

Kyle is years older than his novice self who destroyed Major Force.

This entire thread, and in extension every battle ever made that's crossverse, is speculation and conjecture.

This is bad faith. You give a character a weapon they have never used before with 0 feats of them using it. Way different than a Deathstroke Vs. Deadpool debate. They both have actual feats using their standard weapons and skills.

Konrad gets dumpstered on round 3

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cergic  Online

@eisenfauste:

He's facing guys who make mountain crushing constructs lol

Not a very relevant power display

What's he gonna do with them that is in anyway an advantage?

Use his fists to hit em, when their forcefield's not up to par, to begin with. I'm positive you can come up with at least 1 use .. (and yes, i am aware that they don't use the ring force here. I'm merely showing the answer to your question on display. The force field's breached so many times it's almost not worth arguing about, and when it's hypothetically down this is where power claws helps)

No Caption Provided

If he gets close to one to use them for some reason he gets shot in the back by the other.

Baseless. And that's why he's got that nifty foresight.

Neither here nor there plus more speculation.

I think it's "here" since you partially try to argue that the GL duo are on a certain tier on the mere basis of being a great fit with their power ring. Yeah - just like Sinestro, for example. And Konrad's clearly a good fit for a yellow ring. This entire thread is based on, and demands, speculation and conjecture. The Duh strikes again.

My point was this isn't a melee fight with hand held weapons where Konrad would have an advantage.

It wasn't my point either - my point was that in a CQC situation, which is very common with lanterns no matter how much you want to pretend otherwise, it's not a bad thing to have a molecular-shredding powerclaw to aid you when sheer physicals can come into play. If you disagree, then do so. I don't see the point in that lack of pragmatism, though.

And it's a baseless speculation on your end that this wouldn't turn into a melee. Konrad knows his strenght. And the pesky foresight is always relevant.

He's at a supreme disadvantage by virtue of using a weapon

No one made this argument. I didn't, at least. He's using the same type of weapon his opponents use, in conjunction with his regular gear that's very good at making things go dead.

against two people who have greater experience, actual feats, or nuanced application of willpower.

They got ring feats, Konrad obviously doesn't. The Duh strikes again. He's got his own feats though, and yellow power ring feats in general exist. And the duo are not more experienced in general. They're toddlers compared to Konrad.

There have been lanterns with decades of experience that get bulldozed by Hal or Kyle.

Too bad for them. Sinestro's drawn blood and punked GL's a lot of times.

Sorry Konrad with a few months and his mind isn't sufficient to argue he's beating two Lantern powerhouses who have every advantage here.

They don't have every advantage.

and his mind

Irrelevant - Larfleeze, Krona, Atrocitus and more are batshit insane. They operate on a higher level regardless.

"Duh" but you're the one stretching this speculation to maximum that he's winning really any of these fights. I don't have to guess that Hal or Kyle have insane feats with their rings, I do with Konrad. End of the day it's a bad thread.

I'm really not - i'm merely entertaining the ideas of Konrads potential use. I suggest you re-read the thread and actually try to find any post i've made in this thread which states on what round Konrad will stop. I've not made any guess. I'm simply suggesting that Konrad's a great fit as a yellow lantern. Arguably the best there ever was. And by virtue of being such a great fit, he'd hypothetically scale to the greatest yellow lanterns out there + combat precog + nifty gear. That's it.

You, however, have simply made redundant and needless "Konrad got 0 feats with a power ring so it's no point to even talk about it"-comments. If you think it's a bad thread - great. But there is quite literally 0 reason, nor need, to present the "Konrad got 0 feats using a DC item"-argument. Because Duh.

The ring isn't making him faster than either of them lol.

I didn't say it did

Kyle is years older than his novice self who destroyed Major Force.

And an inexperienced toddler compared to Konrad in general, outside of lantern use. And the lesser being in terms of sheer genetics.

This is bad faith

Why? In what way do i attempt to decieve or otherwise lie?

You give a character a weapon they have never used before with 0 feats of them using it. Way different than a Deathstroke Vs. Deadpool debate. They both have actual feats using their standard weapons and skills. Konrad gets dumpstered on round 3.

No i really don't - i didn't make the thread.

And obviously, it's different than an in-verse debate. Duh?

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cergic  Online

@kreigastartis:

Yeah. It's such an annoyance that different writers have had different ideas on how the Primarchs should operate. They're either written as comic mid-high tiers or they're like ... High street to lowest mid. So conflicting. Good thing we're slowly seeing the newer lore make the supposed power tier creep higher in a consistent fashion.

KreigAstartis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cergic said:

@kreigastartis:

Yeah. It's such an annoyance that different writers have had different ideas on how the Primarchs should operate. They're either written as comic mid-high tiers or they're like ... High street to lowest mid. So conflicting. Good thing we're slowly seeing the newer lore make the supposed power tier creep higher in a consistent fashion.

Believe me. When I say that the power creep has been amazing. I do think Konrad is THE most perfect user of a Sinestro Corps ring.

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cergic  Online

@cergic said:

@kreigastartis:

Believe me. When I say that the power creep has been amazing. I do think Konrad is THE most perfect user of a Sinestro Corps ring.

I do, too.

Granted, Eisen's got a small point here regarding the thread. Perhaps you should have it moved to the new forum section, as it's just as much a question on how Konrad would utilize a yellow ring as it's a battle, and the thread's kind of going against the battle rules. I'm the last one to nag about these types of rules, but moreso giving Eisen credit where credit's due and also letting you know that the thread's in a grey area.

• Gear – What weapons, equipment, and attire are they bringing to the battle? Does Batman have his utility belt? Characters can only use gear that they have canonically used before (IE: Hulk can’t have a Red Lantern ring, and Superman can’t have Mjolnir).
    • You are, however, allowed to give characters special items in order to make the fight more fair, such as indestructible swords in order to fight against lightsabers
KreigAstartis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers