• 66 results
Posted by BaneCapital (766 posts) 4 months, 12 days ago

Poll: Knull VS Odin (52 votes)

Knull 42%
Odin 58%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by Chad_Duby (5681 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin massacres him, this is not a challenge for the grandpa at all.

#2 Posted by Jooosh1996 (2782 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin.

#3 Posted by BreakOfDawn (2493 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly Knull was pretty disappointing as a character. He's clearly meant to be more powerful than Odin (one-shotting a Celestial) but his low end feats are pathetic. Assuming this isn't current Odin, he stomps.

#4 Posted by BaneCapital (766 posts) - - Show Bio

@breakofdawn: Yeah Odin is also known to be very powerful but has he ever beaten Thanos who is considered inferior or confronted Dormammu and Galactus who are believed to be his equals? As far as I know he refrains from using his power and prefers to rely on Thor instead despite the fact that the God of Thunder is very weaker.

#5 Posted by phillip33 (4487 posts) - - Show Bio

If knull has the necrosword he could win, since the only time we’ve seen him with that he killed a celestial. Otherwise he gets stomped in a horrible mismatch.

#6 Posted by Supermanthor (21795 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly Knull was pretty disappointing as a character. He's clearly meant to be more powerful than Odin (one-shotting a Celestial) but his low end feats are pathetic. Assuming this isn't current Odin, he stomps.

dude it depends wheather he has necrosword or not

kinda like gorr

#7 Edited by Supermanthor (21795 posts) - - Show Bio

@phillip33 said:

If knull has the necrosword he could win, since the only time we’ve seen him with that he killed a celestial. Otherwise he gets stomped in a horrible mismatch.

this

#8 Edited by Supermanthor (21795 posts) - - Show Bio

@phillip33: hey phill i believe with necrosword knull is atleast teambuster level

#9 Posted by Kingant27 (16918 posts) - - Show Bio

At peak level Knull, regular levels Odin, so backing Odin the majority IMO.

#10 Posted by Morpheus_ (34669 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say "the guy that didn't lose to Thor" but after today they both have, so hard to say.

Odin is officially Marvel's greatest jobber.

#11 Edited by BreakOfDawn (2493 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor: He killed a Celestial before the necrosword was formed.

@morpheus_:

I'd say "the guy that didn't lose to Thor" but after today they both have, so hard to say.

Odin is officially Marvel's greatest jobber.

Aaron's conceded that Odin is weaker than he used to be, though he couldn't be asked to explain exactly why.

No Caption Provided

#12 Posted by dami24434 (4466 posts) - - Show Bio

@morpheus_: current Aaron's Odin is depowered. Check out the recent Thor's issue

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9465e8847d0
#13 Posted by deactivated-5c9465e8847d0 (245 posts) - - Show Bio

@breakofdawn said:

It's not that much of a surprise when you're written by someone like Donny Cates, honestly.

#14 Posted by Morpheus_ (34669 posts) - - Show Bio

@dami24434: I wouldn't have made the comment had I not read the issue.

Recent Odin is a disgrace. Be it against Mangog, Thor or Jane, or even in Ewing's Agent of Asgard where he was using guns, he has been reduced to a joke compared to when Fraction, Gillen or JMS were writing the character.

#15 Posted by Lord_Titan_ (2810 posts) - - Show Bio

@morpheus_: current Aaron's Odin is depowered. Check out the recent Thor's issue

Shame really, he might return to peak levels if aaron stops writing him

#16 Posted by cosmic_reign (3710 posts) - - Show Bio

Recent Odin is a disgrace. Be it against Mangog, Thor or Jane, or even in Ewing's Agent of Asgard where he was using guns, he has been reduced to a joke compared to when Fraction, Gillen or JMS were writing the character.

Similar thoughts!

OT

Knull if he has All-Black

#17 Posted by BaneCapital (766 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmic_reign: @lord_titan_: @alphaelli: @dami24434: @morpheus_: @breakofdawn: Knull is a very new character so in order to make him look strong the writers would keep Odin's status as a jobber and have Knull beat Odin, but after Knull's establishment as a powerful demon and an equivalent of Mephisto and Cyttorak who are related to Ghost Rider and Juggernaut, respectively, exactly how Knull is with Venom, then Knull may become an even worse jobber than Odin has been until now and probably the time he is jobbed to Knull.

#18 Posted by Risk0608 (275 posts) - - Show Bio

@breakofdawn: Yeah Odin is also known to be very powerful but has he ever beaten Thanos who is considered inferior or confronted Dormammu and Galactus who are believed to be his equals? As far as I know he refrains from using his power and prefers to rely on Thor instead despite the fact that the God of Thunder is very weaker.

Odin beat Thanos and also managed to stagger Galactus. Thanos was stomped by Galan

#19 Posted by Supermanthor (21795 posts) - - Show Bio

At peak knull other than that odin

#20 Edited by Rajjar (2573 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin sticks one up his mouth.

No Caption Provided

#21 Edited by Spambot (9470 posts) - - Show Bio

?? He had Thanos pretty much beaten before Sif and BRB asked him to stop. He's also ko'd Galactus, beaten Surtur a few times, beat an amped Set during which the multiverse shook and some other things. He doesn't really refrain from using his power. Traditionally he only uses it when Asgard is threatened.

#23 Posted by BaneCapital (766 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor: Avengers buster but not Justice League, Asgard, Nova Corps, Annihilator, Kree or Shi'ar buster.

#24 Posted by Supermanthor (21795 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Spambot (9470 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot: where do you put knull

Teambuster or above ?

idk enough about him to say. I think anyone with the necrosword though is prob at least a teambuster. I don't know how powerful Knull was at his base level.

#26 Edited by Stezzy (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot said:
@banecapital said:

?? He had Thanos pretty much beaten before Sif and BRB asked him to stop. He's also ko'd Galactus, beaten Surtur a few times, beat an amped Set during which the multiverse shook and some other things. He doesn't really refrain from using his power. Traditionally he only uses it when Asgard is threatened.

When has Odin ever KO'd Galactus? He has a poor record against Galactus who is clearly stronger than him.

#27 Posted by BreakOfDawn (2493 posts) - - Show Bio

@stezzy: Headbutted Galactus, knocking them both out in the process. Since the battle was a stalemate and would remain so, he transferred his consciousness into the Destroyer and summoned Mjolnir. It was pretty obvious that the two are near-equals at the very least.

#28 Edited by Stezzy (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@breakofdawn: He injured Galactus but Galactus got up and regenerated his head wound while Odin went into Odin sleep. He extered himself just to break out of their TP battle and Galactus just gets back up and threatens to destroy Asgard until Surfer begs him not to. That was Galactus' win, not a stalemate by any means. Galactus could have killed Odin right there if he wanted to but he spared him.

#29 Edited by Spambot (9470 posts) - - Show Bio

@stezzy said:
@spambot said:
@banecapital said:

When has Odin ever KO'd Galactus? He has a poor record against Galactus who is clearly stronger than him.

He ko'd big G in space and then you see him prone both in space falling to earth and then on earth before he rises up which means he was prob ko'd for like 5-10min as he fell to earth. That's also I'm fairly certain the only time they've fought.

#30 Posted by Stezzy (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot: Galactus wasn't knocked out though he just suffered a head injury, Odin on the other hand was out.

#31 Edited by Spambot (9470 posts) - - Show Bio

@stezzy said:

@spambot: Galactus wasn't knocked out though he just suffered a head injury, Odin on the other hand was out.

That makes no sense. Galactus is seen looking ko'd with energy coming off of his head and then lands on earth and we see him laying there with his eyes closed. Then he gets up. Odin was knocked out too then was tired and sent his soul to the Destroyer which Thor interpreted as him going into the Odinsleep. Then Surfer tells Galactus he would lose if he keeps fighting and then Odin's soul returned to his body and he got up and had a convo with Thor.

#32 Edited by Stezzy (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot: His eyes weren’t closed. All Odin did was break his helmet and send him falling to Asgard and he immediately gets back up while Odin was laying on the ground begging Thor to help him up and Surfer was just being a little bitch, Galactus would wipe the floor with the rest of Asgard. No one in their right mind thinks Odin’s fodder soldiers can challenge Galactus. Odin was losing a TP battle with Thor helping him from the outside so what chance does his soldiers and Thor have?

#33 Edited by BreakOfDawn (2493 posts) - - Show Bio

@stezzy: Read the issue. Odin was ready to fight again. He knew the fight would remain a stalemate so he summoned the Destroyer. He did not at any point enter the Odinsleep.

And yes, Galactus was unconscious. Do I need to post scans?

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
#34 Posted by RampageTheFirst (7824 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin.

#35 Edited by Stezzy (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@breakofdawn: I’ve read the first 4 issues of Mighty Thor twice and no he wasn’t unconscious. He was knocked down to the planet but immediately got back up. Odin summoned the Destroyer(which would get demolished by Galactus) because he himself couldn’t fight anymore as a last desperate attempt to protect the seed. Odin was out homie. Go ahead and post whatever you want, I even have the 4 issues up in another tab right now.

#36 Edited by BreakOfDawn (2493 posts) - - Show Bio

@stezzy:I’ve read the first 4 issues of Mighty Thor twice

Then I shouldn't need to explain this again.

and no he wasn’t unconscious. He was knocked down to the planet but immediately got back up.

Did he now?

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Right to left. He fell to Earth head-first, had his eyes closed while Thor and Odin talked, and Thor, Sif and the SS were able to fly from space to Broxton in the time it took Galactus to wake up. What else was he doing during this time, having a quick nap?

The synopsis of #6 literally says "when Sif relays that Odin and Galactus have crashed to Earth after receiving severe wounds." He was unconscious. For how long is unclear, but it was a shorter span of time than it took Odin to move his consciousness to the Destroyer so he could actually have the upper hand in an inconclusive stalemate.

Odin summoned the Destroyer(which would get demolished by Galactus)

I'll be happy to debate this unsubstantiated claim anytime, but not right now.

because he himself couldn’t fight anymore as a last desperate attempt to protect the seed. Odin was out homie. Go ahead and post whatever you want, I even have the 4 issues up in another tab right now.

Right, because it wasn't like Odin was standing up shortly after Galactus retreated before having a conversation with him later on.

The battle went like this:

Odin and Galactus were fighting a telepathic battle. Neither could dislodge the other from infecting their minds and neither could overwhelm the other (a stalemate). Odin finally had enough when Thor was injured and decided to headbutt Galactus, knocking them both out for a couple of minutes. While Galactus continued his attack, Odin transferred his consciousness into the Destroyer to give him the edge over him. They were very near-equals at the very least.

#37 Edited by Stezzy (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@breakofdawn said:

Did he now?

He didn’t INSTANTLY get back up but still got up fast enough for it to not warrant a knock out. Fighters get knocked down all the times in professional fighting but it’s not counted as a KO unless they can’t physically go on.

Right to left. He fell to Earth head-first, had his eyes closed while Thor and Odin talked, and Thor, Sif and the SS were able to fly from space to Broxton in the time it took Galactus to wake up. What else was he doing during this time, having a quick nap?

Posting scans from my phone is damn near impossible so I’ll do you and anyone reading this even better and post a link to the entire issue you got your scans from. https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Mighty-Thor-2011/Issue-5?id=31364

Galactus’ eyes weren’t closed. Look at Galactus in every panel he’s in and you can see that’s just how the artist drew his eyes in the entire story, very small and narrow in every panel. Great fucking art by the way. Galactus was clearly regenerating from his head injury, not napping and definitely not knocked out.

The synopsis of #6 literally says "when Sif relays that Odin and Galactus have crashed to Earth after receiving severe wounds." He was unconscious. For how long is unclear, but it was a shorter span of time than it took Odin to move his consciousness to the Destroyer so he could actually have the upper hand in an inconclusive stalemate.

I had to reread Marvel’s official summary for issue 6 and it says nothing about Galactus being unconscious. As a matter of fact it confirms that Odin did indeed go into Odin sleep and Thor even says it in the previous issue as well. The issue summary didn’t prove your point, it actually proved mine. Odin was done. The summary is in the link I posted above for all to see.

I'll be happy to debate this unsubstantiated claim anytime, but not right now.

Sorry man but you’re high as balls if you think a mere Destroyer armor can fuck with a dude who was releasing energy waves that was destroying universes and fights with beings that can destroy an infinite multiverse.

Right, because it wasn't like Odin was standing up shortly after Galactus retreated before having a conversation with him later on.

Oh you mean when Odin was begging Thor to help him up because he was weakened. Galactus could have killed him right there if he wanted to. He left because he couldn’t sense the seed anymore so it became a waste of time. Reread the last issue of that story. He teleports into space and asks Surfer where the seed went and Surfer says he‘ll search for it. It’s all in the link I posted.

The battle went like this:

Odin and Galactus were fighting a telepathic battle. Neither could dislodge the other from infecting their minds and neither could overwhelm the other (a stalemate). Odin finally had enough when Thor was injured and decided to headbutt Galactus, knocking them both out for a couple of minutes. While Galactus continued his attack, Odin transferred his consciousness into the Destroyer to give him the edge over him. They were very near-equals at the very least.

Yea they most definitely did stalemat each other in TP and Odin knocked him on his ass but he used up too much of his strength while Galactus was ready to unleash hell until he couldn’t sense the seed anymore and left to search for it. The Destroyer armor wouldn’t have given him the edge, it was a last resort to to defend against Galactus and yes Galactus would turn the Destroyer into scrap.

#38 Edited by Spambot (9470 posts) - - Show Bio

@stezzy: The author specifically showed the Destroyer in a very powerful way to make the point that it was enough to make Surfer tell Galactus he couldn't win the battle. Its like you are literally ignoring everything that was actually shown in the comic while making your points. Galactus doesn't have unending energy reserves. After the tp battle and the head butt he would have been weakened quite a bit. The Destroyer already faced off against 9 Celestials at the same time and wasn't doing too bad until they all hit him at the same time. Galactus in his weakened state would not have just killed it easily. Its likely that Odin would have come out on top.

#39 Edited by Stezzy (512 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot said:

The author specifically showed the Destroyer in a very powerful way to make the point that it was enough to make Surfer tell Galactus he couldn't win the battle.

Right before the Destroyer shows up, Surfer senses that the seed had vanished from the realm and Galactus had lowered his hand after hearing that. He had no reason to continue fighting with the seed being gone. The Destroyer then shows up and does nothing and Galactus ignores it, teleports to space and asks Surfer where the seed is and Surfer says he’ll go search for it. Read the story for yourself, I posted a link to all the issues and point out to me where Galactus was stated to be afraid of the Destroyer while you’re at it. The Destroyer was just a last resort effort to defend against Galactus if needed.

Its like you are literally ignoring everything that was actually shown in the comic while making your points. Galactus doesn't have unending energy reserves.

Mephistos thought that too and that didn’t stop Galactus from feeding on his dimension. He can absorb energy from damn near anything as shown throughout decades.

After the tp battle and the head butt he would have been weakened quite a bit. The Destroyer already faced off against 9 Celestials at the same time and wasn't doing too bad until they all hit him at the same time. Galactus in his weakened state would not have just killed it easily. Its likely that Odin would have come out on top.

You’re assuming he was weakened. He got up and regenerated his head wound and was ready to wipe the Asgardians out. He says they tire him but he could have meant that they mentally tire him. Nothing was shown to suggest he was physically exhausted. Celestials‘ power varies greatly so him temporarily holding off 9 doesn’t necessarily put him on Galactus’ level or near it. I remember the Celestials that fought Thanos had to combine their power just to throw planets at him. The entire race isn’t on the same power level plus Galactus has more recent feats 2016+ that puts him even more above Odin it’s not even funny.

#40 Posted by Warlockmage (9390 posts) - - Show Bio

which Odin?

the full powered one who is king of asgard?

or the impotent old man written by Jason Aaron?

my answer changes depending on the version

#41 Posted by Spambot (9470 posts) - - Show Bio

@stezzy: Surfer flat out tells Galactus he won't win the battle after the Destroyer shows up. Galactus generally speaking can feed on anything but there are certain types of planetary energies which he needs to survive. Its like the difference between us eating some snack food which has no nutrition in it or something actually good for us. I have read this story many times and own that full run so I am very familiar with it. More so due it how often it gets brought up on these forums. Galactus is going to get weakened by any major battle he is in which will speed up how soon he needs to feed again. I didn't say anything about Galactus being afraid of the Destroyer either. What I said is the author clearly made it out that the Destroyer would be a fearsome opponent for him to face and then we have Surfer telling Galactus he needs to leave and search for the seed elsewhere. A fresh and recently fed Galactus would beat the Destroyer though but even then it wouldn't be easy for him to do. A semi weakened big G fighting it while Odin is piloting it probably wouldn't win.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6e6a1ed23a2
#42 Edited by deactivated-5c6e6a1ed23a2 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

@stezzy: Odin wasn't really out in the sense he was unconscious until fall. He was just out of juice, and so knowing he won't be able to do anything meaningful to Galactus in that state, sent his soul to destroyer as soon as he recovered, which he seemed as the best thing for that particular situation. I think he even explained the situation to Thor later on either in the next issue or the further one.

Also, Galan was up before Odin. A weakened Galactus probably wasn't enough to beat the Destroyer, so that may explain why things went the way the did.

#43 Posted by Yamiyodare (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

Knull stomps. Mismatch.

#44 Edited by BaneCapital (766 posts) - - Show Bio

@yamiyodare: Do you think that Knull can beat Trigon, Anti-Monitor, Spectre, Mephisto, Dormammu or Galactus? Because in order to stomp Odin in a mismatch, Knull is probably at least as powerful as the characters I mentioned.

#45 Posted by Yamiyodare (1715 posts) - - Show Bio

@yamiyodare: Do you think that Knull can beat Trigon, Anti-Monitor, Spectre, Mephisto, Dormammu or Galactus? Because in order to stomp Odin in a mismatch, Knull is probably at least as powerful as the characters I mentioned.

Galactus is bad compared to the characters you quote

Odin is even worse than Galactus.

Knull is much better than Galactus, but not at Spectre level. However in terms of power, it is equivalent to Trigon, Anti-Monitor, Mephisto, Dormammu

So Knull >>>> Odin.

#46 Posted by BaneCapital (766 posts) - - Show Bio

@yamiyodare: Then why don't you create Knull VS Trigon and Knull VS Dormammu threads? Or should I do that myself?

#47 Edited by Reckoning (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@phillip33: hate to break it to you but he forged the necrosword from a celestials head but he's way more powerful with it.

Also, I don't want to point it out but Knull is immortal so far. Odin's been beaten before just by few. Odin can die it's just can knull die

#48 Posted by BaneCapital (766 posts) - - Show Bio

@reckoning: Well both Odin and Knull are gods of our dimension and not extradimensional like Dormammu and Beyonder who are certainly more powerful but they are using a power source that's nothing less than godlike, specifically the Odinforce and the All-Black Necrosword, respectively.

#50 Posted by rarelandpupper (399 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin claps effortlessly