King Ghidorah vs Surtur (MCU)

• 132 results
ArgomkII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll King Ghidorah vs Surtur (MCU) (52 votes)

Surter packs his ass into a blunt 46%
King Ghidorah folds him like laundry 54%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

King Ghidorah from Godzilla King of the monsters

Surter from Thor Ragnarok when he destroyed Asgard

Who wins

• 
Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#101  Edited By Jurance

@johndeyvido said:

@jurance:

The person literally specifies King Kong height. They said nothing about Godzilla atomic energy being incorrect.

No Caption Provided

"Why was there so many inconsistencies with Godzillas stats in the opening credit"

The director answered it, confirming that it was a mistake.

@takenstew22 said:

I was going to remind everyone how hilarious of a size difference they have but Eredin already did that.

Why does size matter? Ghidorahs AP>Surturs size.

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@multifandomboyo said:

@jurance said:

@multifandomboyo said:

@jurance said:

@multifandomboyo: Yea that's what I just said, Godzillas atomic breath is large island-small country level, that's massively above island level lol.

Before you said it was island-large island, now you say small country, both of which are still below what his actual output is

I said Godzillas atomic breath is large island-small country level lol, King Ghidorah tanking it for 19 seconds is island level.

Where do you think Godzilla scales?

Godzilla, Ghidorah, and Muto Prime all scale to Multi Cont with Kong and MG being arguable aswell i'd have to check back on scales for them again, But Goji, Prime, and King Ghid are all tops of the verse

How are they "multi cont"?

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

@jurance: If you're trying to scale Ghidorah to Godzilla's hollow earth atomic breath then that's a problem because that breath is stronger than any of Ghidorah's attacks.

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jurance said:

@multifandomboyo said:

@jurance said:

@multifandomboyo said:

@jurance said:

@multifandomboyo: Yea that's what I just said, Godzillas atomic breath is large island-small country level, that's massively above island level lol.

Before you said it was island-large island, now you say small country, both of which are still below what his actual output is

I said Godzillas atomic breath is large island-small country level lol, King Ghidorah tanking it for 19 seconds is island level.

Godzilla, Ghidorah, and Muto Prime all scale to Multi Cont with Kong and MG being arguable aswell i'd have to check back on scales for them again, But Goji, Prime, and King Ghid are all tops of the verse

Multi continental Zilla Ghidorah Kong and Muto Prime… that’s a new one

IRONandFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: he doesn’t understand how scaling works.

Ghidorra tanking atomic breath for whatever period can only scale his durability to the attack he tanks. But he won’t comprehend the difference.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator
@ironandfire said:

@takenstew22: he doesn’t understand how scaling works.

Ghidorra tanking atomic breath for whatever period can only scale his durability to the attack he tanks. But he won’t comprehend the difference.

Not to mention Godzilla's feat was a charged atomic breath. Even regular AB's have better feats than Ghidorah's gravity beams.

Monsterverse Kaiju's still stomp MCU high tiers but Surtur is still a large ballpark they need to pass. It's not like Surtur needs to destroy Asgard in order to beat Ghidorah, the initial shockwave he did before he busts it would be enough to K.O. Ghidorah at the very least.

No Caption Provided
rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By rajjarsalt

We acting like Surtur wasn't already making a bigger and better hole than GZ in the crystal before he blew up Asgard

Like look how big that sword is and how quickly he pushed it in

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator
@rajjarsalt said:

We acting like Surtur wasn't already making a bigger and better hole than GZ in the crystal before he blew up Asgard

Like look how big that sword is and how quickly he pushed it in

I was gonna mention how his sword smash would do great damage to Ghidorah but then again his regeneration is pretty good and he can survive with only a single head. That said, the ensuing blast would probably just reduce Ghidorah to a state where he can't fight anymore even if he survives.

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22 said:

@jurance: If you're trying to scale Ghidorah to Godzilla's hollow earth atomic breath then that's a problem because that breath is stronger than any of Ghidorah's attacks.

Ghidorah tanked Godzillas atomic breath for 19 seconds which is island level given that the breath was able to tunnel to the Earths core in 3 minutes, per second would be large mountain level so for 19 whole seconds it would be island level and that was before Ghidorahs amp.

After Ghidorahs amp, his lightning badly damaged Godzilla to the point where he could barely move, do you believe that Godzillas own atomic breath can damage him that badly?

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 takenstew22  Moderator

@jurance said:

@takenstew22 said:

Ghidorah tanked Godzillas atomic breath for 19 seconds which is island level given that the breath was able to tunnel to the Earths core in 3 minutes, per second would be large mountain level so for 19 whole seconds it would be island level and that was before Ghidorahs amp.

After Ghidorahs amp, his lightning badly damaged Godzilla to the point where he could barely move, do you believe that Godzillas own atomic breath can damage him that badly?

Again his hollow earth AB was charged tho.

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Jurance

@takenstew22:Are you saying that if Ghidorah got hit by a charged hollow Earth AB then he would die? In KOTM Antartica scene, Godzilla charged his atomic breath longer, sure Ghidorah dodged it (good speed feat for Ghidorah) but do you really think that he would have died if he got hit by it? And when Ghidorah fired his gravity beams, they knocked over Godzilla and it looked to me like AB went right through it, failing to overpower the GB.

Pics aren't in order so:

Loading Video...

3:10-3:13, looks to me like AB went right through GB and failed to overpower them.

Avatar image for deactivated-64232b99e9c14
deactivated-64232b99e9c14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr-yes said:
@jurance said:

@multifandomboyo said:

@jurance said:

@multifandomboyo said:

@jurance said:

Multi continental Zilla Ghidorah Kong and Muto Prime… that’s a new one

You guys remember the ghidorah's hurricanes right?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Not Multi-continental, but close, kinda

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

@tighten_returns: This the same hurricane?

No Caption Provided

Highly doubt it's gonna do much to Surtur. The devestation (over time mind you) doesn't look anywhere near as impressive to what Surtur did to Asgard.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for multifandomboyo
MultifandomBoyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jurance said:

@tighten_returns: Not combat applicable unless he made it by flying.

It is. He Generated it with his own Energy and should scale to it, same with Godzilla. In-fact a byproduct of him existing is generating storms with enough power to tear open the stratosphere.

For the Multi Cont Stuff, The list is:

-Godzilla Tanking the Meteor in awakening: 124.7502851338 Petatons (Shinomura also survived this and was destroyed by Ancient Godzilla's Atomic Breath) But can Be 762 Petatons if you believe it crashed right infront of him.

-Godzilla and Ghidorah sleep off the Oxygen Destroyer, Godzilla only being harmed by the Hax effect of it: 1.67 Petatons

-Hollow Earth Drill: 7.55 Petatons (Godzilla used this same level of Power Against Mechagodzilla meaning it wasn't his full Power.)

-Ghidorah Storm: 14.5226654637 Petatons, Atleast 8.3882915631 Teratons (Downplaying it by saying it's as strong as the typhoon tip even though Ghidorah's storm is stated the strongest the planet has seen)

-Ghidorah Stratosphere Ripping: Taking the statement literally would mean Ghidorah can generate 44.5 Petatons

-Storm Covering Brazil: 344.2 Petatons-12.4 Exatons

-Hollow Earth Crushing Pressure: Godzilla and all titans casually enter and exit the hollow earth which crushes the target with the gravity of a planet, Kong has 313 Petatons worth of Dura using GPE which Godzilla would upscale massively

There are calcs on Kong's Axe exploding in Godzilla's face and only hurting his ego, but i feel the List is Good enough.

Ghidorah wins and Island Is a massive lowball as I said before, Surtur is sitting at the Gigaton range while Ghidorah has tons of things to scale to. Less DC is the only disadvantage ghido has.

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Jurance

@takenstew22 said:

@tighten_returns: This the same hurricane?

No Caption Provided

Highly doubt it's gonna do much to Surtur. The devestation (over time mind you) doesn't look anywhere near as impressive to what Surtur did to Asgard.

Ngl that's actually really big once you realize how big storm clouds are.

No Caption Provided

The average storm cloud is 12.2 Kms, 3x the size of Surtur, if Ghidorah really did all that just by flying, then I def see him damaging Surtur.

We also didn't see the full thing.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jurance:

The person specifically mentioned Kong's height was from the previous film. He didn't say anything about Godzilla stats being wrong. The person asking the question did that not the director and I haven't seen anything in the movie that disproves the stats of Godzilla...

Hollow Earth=/= Real Earth and movie time is often shorter than actual time.

I will take movie facts over fan calculations every time...

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yejj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#124 frozen  Moderator

@jurance said:

@johndeyvido: Lol ok whatever you say man.

A lot of the stats were taken from incorrect fan calcs too. And some of them outright don't make sense. If that was GZ's true walking speed, his bones would shatter.

NW addressed this in a post before with calcs. But the fact that the director outright admits to some of them being faulty because they had lots of other things to do should dispel the credibility of those stats.

Anyone who relies on those stats is not debating in good faith. Nor can they be taken seriously.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 frozen  Moderator

OT: Ghidorah curb stomps. Passively creating large country sized storms > being one shotted by an island busting attack.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator
@frozen said:

OT: Ghidorah curb stomps. Passively creating large country sized storms > being one shotted by an island busting attack.

What does the size of a storm have to do with AP/DC? Are IRL hurricanes island busting?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 frozen  Moderator

@frozen said:

What does the size of a storm have to do with AP/DC? Are IRL hurricanes island busting?

The sheer size shows scope far beyond Surtur. Remember that he is passively creating them, not actively. Active power is much higher.

His power rivals GZ who can generate country busting power. Meanwhile Surtur was one shotted by an attack which destroyed the smallest island ever:

No Caption Provided

StruggleMeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By StruggleMeal

@frozen: that "smallest island" has a full fledged mountain range. That is a very large island, and considering the amount of mass beneath the surface of asgard which was also destroyed, Surters feat may as well be country level

Argard is a hell of a lot bigger than it you think it is when you're not looking at it from a far away perspective

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen:

Yeah, any calculations that wank my character...great!

Official information from the movie... bad faith!

Citing NW doesn't mean anything, it is still fan calculations. He assumed Godzilla drilling to hollow earth happened in movie time when that is obviously not the case since that would mean Kong can move at more than 100X the speed of sound. WoG specifically mentioned that they got the height wrong and that's that.

That said, you have not made any arguments on how Godzilla would win except lowball Surtur and you are trying to call out someone else for debating in bad faith. Regardsless of how powerful the atomic breath is, the size of the beam means its not going to do anything to Surtur so I would genuinely like to see how Godzilla wins...

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By frozen  Moderator
@johndeyvido said:

@frozen:

Citing NW doesn't mean anything, it is still fan calculations. He assumed Godzilla drilling to hollow earth happened in movie time when that is obviously not the case since that would mean Kong can move at more than 100X the speed of sound. WoG specifically mentioned that they got the height wrong and that's that.

That said, you have not made any arguments on how Godzilla would win except lowball Surtur and you are trying to call out someone else for debating in bad faith. Regardsless of how powerful the atomic breath is, the size of the beam means its not going to do anything to Surtur so I would genuinely like to see how Godzilla wins...

Using IU information from the movie which the director himself has acknowledged is inaccurate is the definition of bad faith. Not to mention that the director outright said the reason its inaccurate is because they didn't pay attention to the info they put there as they were busy with other things. He is plainly telling us that those stats were the least of their priority, to the point where they're not double checked for accuracy. I am glad that Jurance posted the director's comments, because otherwise people would take your words with merit. Its dishonest.

I'd take NW's calcs over yours, given that he's the site's resident calcer and has validity across different verses. Here's what he previously stated regarding the intro stats:

• Speed was 18 mph which would mean he needs 20 or so seconds to cover the length of his tail
  • Bone strength is so low he would break his bones while running around and pretty much any hit he takes would break his bones
  • Atomic breath having a single yield no matter the number makes no sense because it can vary in power and duration

So in summation:

• The director acknowledged they got info wrong because they had other things to do and getting the info was not a priority. If one of the stats is wrong, all of their credibility is in question. You can't pick and choose what is valid and what isn't when we have outright confirmation that one of them is incorrect because it wasn't fact checked lmao
  • Many of the stats make absolutely no sense, e.g. Godzilla's bones would shatter. Basic facts you can't get around. A fact like this isn't just a "fan calc", its basic science
  • The stats are IU, they're estimates by the organisation IU

The size of the breath is not relevant. If anything, it being smaller is better because it's more concentrated. Breath which is calced at country busting > the guy who got one shotted by island bust. Doesn't get simpler than that.

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johndeyvido said:

@frozen:

How is he lowballing Surtur when hes just pointing out something that happened in canon? Surtur got vaporized by a large island level attack, he couldn't even use his multi-mountain level shockwave without killing himself because the shockwave came right before the finishing move. Godzilla isn't even in this debate but his atomic breath is not able to damage Surtur because of the size? Bruh have you heard of AP? Size means jack if the AP is enough to atomize Surtur.

You don't need to scale Ghidorah off of Godzilla to win anyways, his feat of creating large country sized storm clouds by flying is enough and that's a physical feat since he needs to put force into his wings to do that.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surtur still solos Monsterverse

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Johndeyvido
@frozen said:
@johndeyvido said:

@frozen:

Using IU information from the movie which the director himself has acknowledged is inaccurate is the definition of bad faith. Not to mention that the director outright said the reason its inaccurate is because they didn't pay attention to the info they put there as they were busy with other things. He is plainly telling us that those stats were the least of their priority, to the point where they're not double checked for accuracy. I am glad that Jurance posted the director's comments, because otherwise people would take your words with merit. Its dishonest.

He specifically mentioned the stat they got wrong ( the height) so trying to use that as a means to discredit the rest of the stats they released is your fanboyism showing. They got the height wrong is not the same as we got everything else wrong.

I'd take NW's calcs over yours, given that he's the site's resident calcer and has validity across different verses. Here's what he previously stated regarding the intro stats:

I'm not asking you to take my calculations over anyones bit the point is official information is more reliable than any fan calculations. Regardsless of how reliable you think NW calculations is, it is still not superior to official information.

• Speed was 18 mph which would mean he needs 20 or so seconds to cover the length of his tail

So was Godzilla moving faster than that on foot?

• Bone strength is so low he would break his bones while running around and pretty much any hit he takes would break his bones

That's just his headcanon, the durability stats of his bones were off the chart.

• Atomic breath having a single yield no matter the number makes no sense because it can vary in power and duration

That was the most he can output in a stretch which makes sense given what we have seen it do.

So in summation:

• The director acknowledged they got info wrong because they had other things to do and getting the info was not a priority. If one of the stats is wrong, all of their credibility is in question. You can't pick and choose what is valid and what isn't when we have outright confirmation that one of them is incorrect because it wasn't fact checked lmao
  • Many of the stats make absolutely no sense, e.g. Godzilla's bones would shatter. Basic facts you can't get around. A fact like this isn't just a "fan calc", its basic science
  • The stats are IU, they're estimates by the organisation IU

The size of the breath is not relevant. If anything, it being smaller is better because it's more concentrated. Breath which is calced at country busting > the guy who got one shotted by island bust. Doesn't get simpler than that.

The size is very relevant. All the attack is going to do is punch a very small hole through Surtur which won't faze it and Surtur oneshots Godzilla with one attack. Surtur was laughing off skyscraper sized holes in its body what is a thinner hole going to do?

Surtur was not oneshotted by an island bust that's your headcanon, considering he nosold a island level attack without budging so how in the hell would the same level of attack vaporize him later? Lowballing the opposition is not a strong argument.