King Ghidorah vs Surtur (MCU)

• 132 results
ArgomkII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll King Ghidorah vs Surtur (MCU) (52 votes)

Surter packs his ass into a blunt 46%
King Ghidorah folds him like laundry 54%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

King Ghidorah from Godzilla King of the monsters

Surter from Thor Ragnarok when he destroyed Asgard

Who wins

• 
Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 Jurance  Online

If you scale Godzillas atomic breath in KOTM to his atomic breath in GvK then King Ghidorah wins, Godzillas atomic breath is large island level and King Ghidorah tanked it, a bit below Surturs level but Ghidorah should still be able to tank his attack, Surtur might just kill himself trying to kill Ghidorah lol.

But at the same time if you use that argument then the likes of Kong would be able to beat Surtur...

It really depends on how you scale Monsterverse.

IRONandFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jurance: Large island level? I would think it’s way higher given he blew a hole through the earths crust and mantle to the core in a minute. If he stood next to a mountain chain he could wipe it off the map. If he was on the moon he could split the earth in two. It can’t be ignored that he pierced through essentially solid ferrite (2900km in the mantle of dense iron) all the way to the core of the earth. Given that this movie basically did away with the molten core it wouldn’t be outrageous to consider that he actually blasted through a much larger distance of iron although that’s debatable.

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jurance  Online

@ironandfire: Small country is the highest you can get Godzillas feat at, large island-small country, around the same tier as Surtur whos Asgard busting feat is also around large island-small country lvl.

A case can be made for King Ghidorah winning because he tanked Godzillas atomic breath which is around the same lvl as Surtur, but then again you would need to believe that Kong would have a chance against Surtur since he also tanked Godzillas atomic breath.

IRONandFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jurance: Might wanna watch the movie again. Kong never tanks godzillas breath. He is barely touched by it once and it burns him. Aside from that, he dodged it or uses the hatchet he got from hollow earth to absorb it. He never full on tanks a blast like ghidorah does.

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jurance  Online

@ironandfire: Kong is still hit by the blast, his back only burned because he had fur lol, he shrugged the atomic breath off like nothing, rewatch the scene right after Godzillas laugh you see him shrug it off.

IRONandFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jurance: I know the scene. Kong is in mid air and the blast barely touches his back and burns him. That is not tanking his atomic breath. If that blast made contact for more than a split second it would burn a hole right through him. That’s like me putting my hand through a flame and saying I tanked fire. Tanking is taking something head on and not being phased. The blast makes contact with him for a split second and burns his flesh. Imagine what three seconds would do, it would blow a hole through him. That’s exactly why they never let that happen and he evaded all the attacks or absorbs them with the hatchet.

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jurance  Online

@ironandfire: Kongs flesh wasn't burned, his fur was, which he easily shrugged off. Mind showing me when Kongs flesh was burned?

IRONandFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jurance: Did you watch the movie? It burns him and knocks him to the ground. He is in mid jump and you can see embers on his back as he falls down to the ground while yelling in pain. How are you arguing he got hit and was smiling at Godzilla? He clearly gets knocked out of his jump and crashes into the ground on his side. Seriously re-watch the scene on your time, I’m not making it easy for you.

IRONandFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jurance: That’s from a split second of contact LOL. stop throwing around the word ‘tank’ if you can use it properly.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If we are going with calculation numbers probably Ghidorah because of scaling to Godzilla's country level AB but in realistic scenario I don't see Surtur losing to Ghidorah, especially with insane size advantage he holds.

No Caption Provided

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghidorah should scale higher

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heiqn said:

If we are going with calculation numbers probably Ghidorah because of scaling to Godzilla's country level AB but in realistic scenario I don't see Surtur losing to Ghidorah, especially with insane size advantage he holds.

No Caption Provided

Don’t know where you got that scale from… Ghidorah is 500 ft and Surtur is 1000+, so while the diff is big, it’s only double and nowhere near that

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By heiqn

@mr-yes: Surtur is 4 kilometer in his final form which is more than 12.000 feet, he is at least 25 times larger than Godzilla and Ghidorah

No Caption Provided
mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heiqn said:

@mr-yes: Surtur is 4 kilometer in his final form which is more than 12.000 feet, he is at least 25 times larger than Godzilla and Ghidorah

Yeah I got it wrong lol

Avatar image for deactivated-64232b99e9c14
deactivated-64232b99e9c14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't scale ghidorah to Godzilla's Atomic breath from the latest movie cause we know the breath evolves and gets stronger after each movie.

Surtur should win cause he'd probably be able to tank Ghidorah's attacks which I haven't seen being over a 100 gigatons, which full sized surtur can nosell. Well I guess those hurricanes he made by just moving his wings could be trouble but with the size advantage surtur would be able to take out ghidorah before anything else happens.

macattack1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surtur accidentally steps on him, the difference in scale between the two is enormous.

IRONandFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By IRONandFIRE

Meh they made one very short scene where surtur is actually big. How come when we see hulk smash into his skull his head is no larger than 4-5x of hulks length. To be honest, this entire scene could’ve been done much better but never underestimate marvel taking what could be a serious moment in the destruction of Asgard and getting a cheap laugh out of it with hulk.

IRONandFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one here thinking about how all Ghidorah has to do is knock off Surturs crown or disarm him of the twilight sword? I have no idea the full capabilities of Ghidorahs telepathy either, it somewhat gets expanded upon in GvK but I mean those are fairly easy win situations especially for a character who couldn’t swat away a fly in the Hulk.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surtur one shots, mismatch

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jurance  Online

@ironandfire said:

@jurance: Did you watch the movie? It burns him and knocks him to the ground. He is in mid jump and you can see embers on his back as he falls down to the ground while yelling in pain. How are you arguing he got hit and was smiling at Godzilla? He clearly gets knocked out of his jump and crashes into the ground on his side. Seriously re-watch the scene on your time, I’m not making it easy for you.

You said it burned his flesh, show me Godzillas atomic breath burning Kongs flesh, it literally only burned his fur, watch the scene after Godzillas laugh, Kong shrugged it off.

This is Kongs back after he got hit by atomic breath:

No Caption Provided

Does his back look damaged? Go ahead re-watch the scene.

Edit: Kong tanked the atomic breath for a split second which should still be mountain+, Ghidorah before amp tanked it for 19 seconds which is Island level. I guess we can agree on that.

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jurance  Online

I don't scale ghidorah to Godzilla's Atomic breath from the latest movie cause we know the breath evolves and gets stronger after each movie.

Surtur should win cause he'd probably be able to tank Ghidorah's attacks which I haven't seen being over a 100 gigatons, which full sized surtur can nosell. Well I guess those hurricanes he made by just moving his wings could be trouble but with the size advantage surtur would be able to take out ghidorah before anything else happens.

Why would his breath grow stronger? All Godzilla does is swim and eat.

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jurance  Online

@platinumchalice said:

Godzilla's Earth piercing feat was large island level but it was achieved in 3 minute timeframe, that would mean his potency per second is large mountain+. 4km Surtur one shots.

Lol if per second is large mountain+ then Ghidorah tanking it for 19 seconds would be Island level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgHPatDl-zk

0:19-0:38

Ghidorah tanked Godzillas atomic breath for 19 seconds straight, Surtur can kill Ghidorah with his Asgard busting move but he would also kill himself in the process.

@darkpsychiclord_prime said:

Surtur one shots, mismatch

Yea he would one shot Ghidorah but he would also kill himself in the process lol.

That was also before his lightning amp, his lightning amp made him significantly stronger.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jurance said:
@tighten_returns said:

Why would his breath grow stronger? All Godzilla does is swim and eat.

Well yes he eats nukes which make him more powerful heh. His Beam obviously grows stronger, he also grows bigger.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

IRONandFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jurance: dude having something hit for a split second versus actually getting hit by it for in this case three seconds is a huge difference. And you show the one part of the scene that doesn’t show the embers on his back. I know you can scroll through the scene and see them because I’ve done this several times since hearing your nonsense. Please stop using tank for an instance where kong gets barely touched by the atomic breath and it knocks him out of his jump and sends him crashing to the ground on his side while acting like he just casually shrugs it off. This is seriously as bad as me saying I can pass my hand through an open flame so I can now tank fire. It’s ridiculous.

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jurance  Online

@tighten_returns: Yea but we don't know if he ate any nukes since KOTM lol. Just because he grows bigger doesn't mean he grows stronger, I mean, after KOTM, what did you think Godzilla was doing? Fighting Kaijus? Lol, he was just swimming around, he didn't even need to struggle hunting because all he had to do was probably eat fish lol.

His beam only grew bigger because he was blasting it for 3 minutes, digging through the surface to the core in 3 minutes is like large island-small country level, per second it would prob be large mountain level, Ghidorah tank it for 19 seconds before his amp, you can argue that he even no-sold it given that his skin wasn't scratched.

IRONandFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jurance  Online

@ironandfire said:

@jurance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsUuASsBlP8

2:48 and beyond.

Act like you can't see it blatantly hit kong as he screams then crashes into the ground. Seriously bro, its okay to admit when you are wrong.

Wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yic0kQxSwTk

2:11, right after he fell, he legit shrugged it off and went back to the fight, he was jumping and dodging the atomic breath, you can't deny that he did not tank it if you just watched the full scene.

IRONandFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jurance: How are you saying he tanked it when it legitimately grazed him and that was enough to knock him out of his jump, send him screaming in pain, and burn his flesh as he crashed into the ground. That is not tanking. Tanking would be him taking a full on shot, not a split second of contact, of Godzillas atomic breath and being unphased. Instead he barely gets touched by it and he does everything he can to evade and absorb said blasts because he knows he gets KO'd if he actually gets hit by one of the blasts. Honestly man, watch him frantically swing and jump around the city doing everything he can to evade these blasts. If he can tank them he is not going to be doing that.

IRONandFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jurance: Thank you for admitting that he does everything to evade these attacks because can in fact not tank them. They do him considerable damage if they ever land.

DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jurance: Nah, just driving his sword into Ghidorah would be enough.

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jurance  Online

@ironandfire: This thread is not even about Kong so Ima just take this debate to PM.

King Ghidorah still tanked/no-sold Godzillas atomic breath for 19 seconds which is Island level and that was right before his amp, I doubt Surtur can even scratch him without using his Asgard busting attack which would also kill him in the process.

yejj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghidorah beats 800 m surtur

Loses to the one that busged asgard

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jurance  Online

@darkpsychiclord_prime said:

@jurance: Nah, just driving his sword into Ghidorah would be enough.

How would that kill him? Atomic Breath>Surturs sword.

@yejj said:

Ghidorah beats 800 m surtur

Loses to the one that busged asgard

Why would he lose to the one that busted Asgard if Ghidorah already tanked atomic breath which is Island level before his amp.

yejj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jurance: Your right, ghidorah solos all 4 thor movies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jurance  Online

@tighten_returns said:

@jurance: Surtur's Mountain dusting attack that he also nosells is over 5 times above large Mountain level for 19 secs.

Surtur only destroyed a couple of mountains, large mountain level for 19 seconds would be 19x large mountain level, or Island level.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jurance: he destroyed a lot of multiple large Mountains. I linked the calc I made

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Jurance  Online

@tighten_returns: Those mountains were the same size as Surtur, 4Km, also he did not destroy a lot of mountains, we only saw a few mountains destroyed. Still multi mountain level though based on the shockwaves size.

DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jurance: Completely different types of attacks. Godzilla has shown to be pierced by far weaker things than a nuke for example, yet he still can tank them. Both Godzilla and Ghidorah can absorb radiation and energy, which plays a big factor in them tanking those. They are also physical fighters, and their size and strength play a big part in wining them. No one in Monsterverse holds a candle to Surtur in that regard. A 4km+ sword, durable enough to no sell an explosion that obliterated an Island-Country sized landmass, is going to cleave right through Ghidorah.

Koose104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ODIN619360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Surtur slices and dices

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jurance  Online

@darkpsychiclord_prime: Lol King Ghidorah only gets powered up by lightning, there is no evidence that Ghidorah absorbed Godzillas atomic breath, he tanked/no-sold it for a full 19 seconds which is Island level right before his amp, Surturs sword never no-sold the Island/Small Country level attack, it got vaporized alongside Surtur unless it came back in another movie.

Kongs charged axe failed to fully go through Godzillas flesh and his charged axe is around multi mountain-island lvl AP since it absorbed Godzillas atomic breath.

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jurance  Online

@odin619360 said:

Surtur slices and dices

Hows he gonna hurt Ghidorah who tanked Island level atomic breath pre-amp? Only way for Surtur to hurt him is by killing himself.

ODIN619360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45  Edited By ODIN619360

@jurance: you assume I meant he will instantly plunge his sword in the same way he did on Asgard. No.

I refer back to the why, he has the size advantage and there is nothing to suggest that the twilight sword would not damage as it not an energy based attack but perceiving object of ridiculous proportions.

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jurance  Online

@odin619360 said:

@jurance: you assume I meant he will instantly plunge his sword in the same way he did on Asgard. No.

I refer back to the why, he has the size advantage and there is nothing to suggest that the twilight sword would not damage as it not an energy based attack but perceiving object of ridiculous proportions.

Why does this matter?

DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jurance: Ghidorah straight up absorbed Godzilla's energy after dropping him from cloud level (which really hurt Godzilla), so that's just wrong. Both him and Godzilla can absorb energy and radiation, a piercing attack on the level of Surtur is far above anything they have tanked. Especially when a MUTO can pierce Godzilla just fine, and that axe you mentioned failed to go through buildings as well, so it's more of an anti feat than a feat. Like I said, they are physical fighters, their strength matters in their fights, Surtur can literally stomp the verse.

The sword no sold the impact of burying into Asgard, the resulting shockwave and the first explosion that pulverized the mountains and the crystal below Asgard, and it was point blank.

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jurance  Online

@darkpsychiclord_prime: Yea, he absorbed Godzillas energy by biting into his flesh, you don't see him biting the atomic breath do you? There's no proof that he absorbed the radiation from Godzillas atomic breath, otherwise he would have gotten stronger. Remember his electricity amp? Do you know how he got that? He can't just absorb energy, he has to bite it, consume it with his mouth.

The Muto pierced Godzilla before his amp in KOTM lol and that's a feat for Muto I guess, wow failed to go through a building? Are you forgetting that AP exists? MCU has lots of anti feats, i can probably bring some up for Surtur as well regarding his size. Cool, the sword no sold multi mountain lvl shockwave, not as good as King Ghidorah tanking Godzillas Island lvl atomic breath before his amp, and the charged axe which absorbed the atomic breath is multi mountain+ (absorbed Godzillas atomic breath for 5 seconds).

Avatar image for multifandomboyo
MultifandomBoyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghidorah wins

Large Island level Ghidorah is massive downplay

Jurance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jurance  Online

@multifandomboyo: No it's not, that's where Ghidorah scales, large island-small country level.