King Ghidorah (Showa) vs. Mechagodzilla (Showa)

Stormcell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Who wins?

Prezilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Mechagodzilla

zill0678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mechaagodzilla

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Gojira2512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mecha Godzilla

zill0678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiders13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King Ghidorah.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By thelocust619

King Ghidorah easily. Mgz is nowhere near his level. Near mismatch.

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King Ghidorah easily. Mgz is nowhere near his level. Near mismatch.

I've been watching these movies since the early 1980's.

Ghidorah get's it's ass handed to it by just Godzilla and a little help from Rodan in Monster Zero.

Mechagodzilla has more firepower, and better defenses than Godzilla.

At range, which is both Ghidorah and Mechagodzilla's preference, Ghidorah gets shot out of the air, then all out attacked into nothingness.

The near-mismatch is actually Mechagodzilla >> Ghidorah.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thelocust619

@rockette: That wasn't a little help...it took, at mimimum, 3 kaiju teaming up to beat KG. Godzilla eventually beat MGZ AND Titanosaur at once, and has solo'd MGZ twice. That's not close at all, man. Mgz's resume is trash in comparison.

Having more variety is not equatable to potency, none of those missiles and lasers put it above KG because his defense is much higher than the only being they ever hurt. KG likely ignores MGZ's attacks, or is irritated at best, because if Godzilla can survive that barrage, KG can do so even better.

KG also isn't really a ranged fighter, he's a brawler who happens to spam beams. They'll spray each other uselessly until KG gets close and one shots with a body slam, because a far weaker kaiju had no issue literally ripping MGZ's head off twice.

zill0678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zill0678

@rockette: That wasn't a little help...it took, at mimimum, 3 kaiju teaming up to beat KG. Godzilla eventually beat MGZ AND Titanosaur at once, and has solo'd MGZ twice. That's not close at all, man. Mgz's resume is trash in comparison.

Having more variety is not equatable to potency, none of those missiles and lasers put it above KG because his defense is much higher than the only being they ever hurt. KG likely ignores MGZ's attacks, or is irritated at best, because if Godzilla can survive that barrage, KG can do so even better.

KG also isn't really a ranged fighter, he's a brawler who happens to spam beams. They'll spray each other uselessly until KG gets close and one shots with a body slam, because a far weaker kaiju had no issue literally ripping MGZ's head off twice.

except that Showa KG to my knowledge has never initiated a brawl . he fly's, spams lighting, lands, spams more lighting, if attacked bites and kicks and usually trys to fly away, if not attacked willl either continue to spam lighting tilll he wins or flys off and spams lighting. all this is useless against MG who can just raise shields till KG lands then rain destruction. MG doesnt even have to wait for KG to land he can just fly and fire eye beams. i will say that KG scales are pretty resilient to energy attacks and all but null blunt force but its not in his character to engage in brawls. also Godzilla isnt a far weaker Kaiju. he is the king of the monsters

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By thelocust619

@zill0678: When I say brawler, I mean KG's strongest attacks are his melee attacks. His kicks, stomps (which he does abuse), and body's slam all outperform his beams. However, his beams have overpowered Godzilla's before. And yea, showa KG is far stronger than showa GZ: He is physically stronger, more durable, faster (in the air), has more powers, and has a stronger beam (when focused). He has literally every advantage except tp resistance and friends.

Godzilla already survived MGZ's entire arsenal multiple times, so the stronger KG can too. Godzilla in fact charged right through (as in, towards it) everything MGZ had and f***ed him up before, no reason KG can't do it even easier. That firepower is not what you seem to think it is.

KG will indeed run away if he feels outmatched, but MGZ can't push him that far. MGZ is equal/slightly inferior to Godzilla, who needed two others just to force KG to retreat. And it took 10 kaiju to curbstomp KG (though they could have done so with a few less)

MonstrousOgre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch. King Ghidorah was arguably the most powerful character in the Showa series (tied with Hedorah imo) and frankly, on another tier.

The only time Godzilla got close to beating him on his own might be in Godzilla vs Gigan, but I feel that was PIS since every other time, it took multiple monsters to beat him.

MechaGodzilla had 3 fights against Godzilla. The first one was a standstill and Godzilla won the second one (even though he had to turn himself into an electromagnet).

@rockette said:
I've been watching these movies since the early 1980's.

Ghidorah get's it's ass handed to it by just Godzilla and a little help from Rodan in Monster Zero.

I really suggest watching Godzilla vs Monster Zero again because they never managed to beat Ghidorah in that movie. He was under mind-control the first fight and the Xilliens wanted Godzilla and Rodan to win. So Ghidorah wasn't trying to win and all he needed to do was fight them for a while before retreating.

In the second fight they had on earth, Godzilla and Rodan got their asses kicked. All Rodan did was fly around and Godzilla tried to get close but had a hard time doing so. The human characters even question if Godzilla and Rodan are alive.

And in the very first fight, Mothra was with them but Ghidorah was still beating all 3 of them on his own until Mothra used her webbing, which allowed Godzilla to get close while Rodan tried to keep Mothra safe.

No Caption Provided

Godzilla eventually beat MGZ AND Titanosaur at once, and has solo'd MGZ twice.

No. The humans had already immobilized MechaGodzilla and Titanosaurus, which allowed Godzilla to rip MG's head off. The two of them were kicking his ass until then. Both of them had help though, so I don't consider it a win for anyone. And Godzilla didn't solo him twice. The first fight was a standstill since both of them couldn't fight any longer.

Now if this was a Heisei Ghidorah vs Heisei MechaGodzilla, MechaGodzilla would win hands down. He would have actually killed Godzilla if Rodan didn't intervene.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By thelocust619

@monstrousogre: Idk what movie you saw but that's all just wrong. Neither was a standstill and there's no way to even misinterperet it.

The first time Godzilla got wrecked till he got magnetic mime powers and stomped, ripping his head off.

The second fight in ToM, Godzilla charged through MGZ's entire arsenal and ripped his head off again, fair and square, only to find a second head so he just blasted him. There was no immobilizing at all, but Titanosaurus was heavily distracted by some kinda sound ray that was really hurting him, but it didn't make him any less durable when Godzilla one shot him in the chest with a full power breath.

Note: Iirc, the aliens did lose control of MGZ, but he didn't stop fighting and isn't interference as much as putting an end to their interference.

MonstrousOgre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelocust619: Godzilla used his magnetic powers in the second fight they had. Not the first one. They fought twice in GvMG and the first fight ended when Godzilla's atomic breath clashed with MechaGodzilla's laser eyes, causing both of them to take damage and retreat. Godzilla did win the second fight in the movie, yes.

I don't remember Terror of MechaGodzilla that well, so I just watched the fight after you posted the reply and... I was right.

Titanosaurus had buried Godzilla in the sand and was literally jumping on him when the humans used supersonic waves, causing it a lot of pain and making it unable to fight. This allowed Godzilla to focus on MechaGodzilla and while he did manage to rip MechaGodzilla's head off, this didn't actually defeat him. Katsura then took her own life, making MechaGodzilla inoperative.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By thelocust619

@monstrousogre: I thought you meant the first movie as opposed to the second, guess it slipped my mind that they fought twice in that.

You said they immobilized both monsters, this was untrue. Titanosaurus was distracted, and MGZ was better than ever until the last instant of their fight, and was losing. Titanosaurus also did absolutely nothing of value the entire time, MGZ is the one who both defeated and buried Godzilla, Titanosaurus literally just got a few cheap shots on a battered Godzilla (who could literally one shot him otherwise, and did) and packed the dirt down. At that point the fight was over, when Godzilla arose he got a 1v1 fight with each and won both. MGZ had lost its head and shield and was on its last stand by the time anyone got involved and Titanosaurus isn't really worth discussing, it was clearly the weaker monster and was instakilled with one direct hit.

I concede that he didn't beat them both "at once" as I said, "consecutively" would have been a better term. I can't find a YouTube snipet of the end of the fight n I can't pop in the dvd rn cuz I have something else in atm, but I could have swore they simply broke the alien's control over it which just made it suck more. I could be wrong there, but it really shouldn't matter considering MGZ's current state and the fact GZ did all that after already taking the best the duo had to offer.

Btw I hope u at least enjoyed rewatching the fight, it's one of my favorites. Possibly my #1, it really was showa g at his best imo.

PS: Still Ghidorah.