No Caption Provided

Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Kastiel

I give it to Toph, plus she's a metalbender too.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Korg

Bumi, he's a mad genius. You can't predict what he'll do, and he knows Toph is blind, which he could use to his advantage pretty easily.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By gunswordfist

Bumi easily takes this one. He is more experienced and skilled than Toph. Oh and metal has never stopped Bumi before so it won't now.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Korg
@gunswordfist said:
" Bumi easily takes this one. He is more experienced and skilled than Toph. Oh and metal has never stopped Bumi before so it won't now. "
Bumi said he could only get out of that metal coffin because they didn't cover his face. It is conceivable to trap him in metal, though I think he would power out of it, since they would be surrounded by earth anyway.
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By MrDirector786

Bumi has the advantage of experience but Toph has the advantage of power as she can metalbend.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gunswordfist
@Korg said:
" Bumi, he's a mad genius. You can't predict what he'll do, and he knows Toph is blind, which he could use to his advantage pretty easily. "
Not for earthbending. Since "Blind Bandit" they have shown that Toph can even "see" earth that's flying through the air. But the mad genius thing is Bumi's advantage. He'd overwhelm her in no time. @Korg said:
" @gunswordfist said:
" Bumi easily takes this one. He is more experienced and skilled than Toph. Oh and metal has never stopped Bumi before so it won't now. "
Bumi said he could only get out of that metal coffin because they didn't cover his face. It is conceivable to trap him in metal, though I think he would power out of it, since they would be surrounded by earth anyway.
"
Of course it is but what I meant is he can break through metal easily.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Korg
@gunswordfist said:
" Not for earthbending. Since "Blind Bandit" they have shown that Toph can even "see" earth that's flying through the air. But the mad genius thing is Bumi's advantage. He'd overwhelm her in no time."
Yes, for earthbending. Bumi can launch himself through the air, and attack from a direction Toph won't know about, since he isn't touching the ground. As he touches down, he can hit her from an opposite direction, sending conflicting signals. Toph is good, but Bumi is a master, and has 100 years experience.
Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Kastiel

Toph uses an unorthodox style. While all other earthbenders use Hung Gar style Kung Fu to earthbend. Toph uses Southern Praying Manthis Kung Fu Style. She is the only bender in the series that uses that style. This gives her an advantage somewhat. I hope.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gunswordfist
@Kastiel said:
" Toph uses an unorthodox style. While all other earthbenders use Hung Gar style Kung Fu to earthbend. Toph uses Southern Praying Manthis Kung Fu Style. She is the only bender in the series that uses that style. This gives her an advantage somewhat. I hope. "
Yeah she actually got two of her own personal martial arts coordinators. Sifu Rodriguez is the main one but his son Scott Rodriguez came in to do some crazy moves for her metal suit fight during Sozin's Comet (I replayed fight so many freaking times) But Toph still loses. lol
TelekineticSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By TelekineticSun

Toph is obviously amazing at earth bending, and can bend metal but King bumi deosn't even need to get into a stance to bend. He can just swing his face and move earth.

I'd say Bumi wins with 100 years of experience and I can bet his body is much stronger than Tophs.

JThree47693

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JThree47693

Hmmm......Bumi was an earthbending master. But so is Toph. But, as already mentioned, all Bumi has to do is move his head. And he has 100 years experience. I would give this to Bumi.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I am leaning toward Toph but Bumi has a chance. If they are near metal it could prove damaging to Bumi since he can't metal bend like Toph, and she could possibly trap or crush him with metal. But Bumi has wielded large pieces of earth  and has a lot of experience.

Avatar image for ultimatewarrior123
ultimatewarrior123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I reckon that it would be even, either could win, experience is good, but once you have a certain amount of experience, it is not that big of a deal, especially, since toph has fought the avatar, she was part of the war, and could fight with her eyes closed (Joke, no offence intended).

Toph is agile, I think that it would be similar to katara vs the old water bender, as toph fights him more she eventually would simply outclass him.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Korg

People are underestimating Bumi in this thread, both physically, and mentally. Toph is blind. Bumi knows this, and can use it against her, as I already mentioned. I don't see Toph walking away with a win unless Bumi lets her go, or they happen to be surrounded by metal instead of rock. Toph can see using her earthbending, but if Bumi isn't touching earth, that doesn't mean anything, and Toph is just plain blind. Say Bumi jumps up and lands behind Toph. She turns around to face him, and he hits her from behind with a boulder. Toph is now unconscious. Bumi is also ripped, and I doubt very much that Toph is going to have greater endurance than a master who is 100 years older than her, and is in that kind of shape. If anything, a lengthy fight favors Bumi, because he is unpredictable, and Toph is impatient. She is likely to run headlong into a trap that Bumi sets up.

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lagoon_boy
bumi is one of the member of the white lotus which is required to be atleast the most powerful person in your village...
Avatar image for batmanbeyond234
batmanbeyond234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By batmanbeyond234

bumi is way experienced and psycho.toph is blind and not that experienced

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By gunswordfist
@batmanbeyond234 said:
"bumi is way experienced and psycho.toph is blind and not that experienced "

lol That's pretty much it.
@Korg said:
"People are underestimating Bumi in this thread, both physically, and mentally. Toph is blind. Bumi knows this, and can use it against her, as I already mentioned. I don't see Toph walking away with a win unless Bumi lets her go, or they happen to be surrounded by metal instead of rock. Toph can see using her earthbending, but if Bumi isn't touching earth, that doesn't mean anything, and Toph is just plain blind. Say Bumi jumps up and lands behind Toph. She turns around to face him, and he hits her from behind with a boulder. Toph is now unconscious. Bumi is also ripped, and I doubt very much that Toph is going to have greater endurance than a master who is 100 years older than her, and is in that kind of shape. If anything, a lengthy fight favors Bumi, because he is unpredictable, and Toph is impatient. She is likely to run headlong into a trap that Bumi sets up. "

Agreed. And Bumi does have a great high jump.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Bumi wins. His experience and knowledge of the situation at hand win it for him. Unless there is an enormous amount of metal at hand metalbending will not play a major factor in this battle. Bumi has displayed massive feats of Earthbending power, and as has already been stated has over 100 years of practice and is a mad genius.

Now I am not saying Toph will roll over in this battle, in fact I think she puts up a hell of a fight. After all she can feel basically all of his Earthbending movements. She has minute enough sensitivity to tell what dice are, so if the Earth moves she is going to know it. She has shown ability to sense Earthbending projectiles comming her way even if they are in mid air. (Ex. when they storm the Earth King's Palace).

In the end i think Bumi's power coupled with his unpredictability and the fact he can take advantage of her blindness eeks out a win for the old master.

Def_Con_Jon#1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Def_Con_Jon#1

Toph
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By pooty

Bumi wins and it might not be that hard. Once he discovers toph's weakness he turns everything to sand. And Toph has to be touching metal to bend it. I don't see that doing any good here.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Lunacyde said:
"Bumi wins. His experience and knowledge of the situation at hand win it for him. Unless there is an enormous amount of metal at hand metalbending will not play a major factor in this battle. Bumi has displayed massive feats of Earthbending power, and as has already been stated has over 100 years of practice and is a mad genius.  Now I am not saying Toph will roll over in this battle, in fact I think she puts up a hell of a fight. After all she can feel basically all of his Earthbending movements. She has minute enough sensitivity to tell what dice are, so if the Earth moves she is going to know it. She has shown ability to sense Earthbending projectiles comming her way even if they are in mid air. (Ex. when they storm the Earth King's Palace).  In the end i think Bumi's power coupled with his unpredictability and the fact he can take advantage of her blindness eeks out a win for the old master. "
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#23  Edited By Strafe Prower
@Lunacyde said:
"Bumi wins. His experience and knowledge of the situation at hand win it for him. Unless there is an enormous amount of metal at hand metalbending will not play a major factor in this battle. Bumi has displayed massive feats of Earthbending power, and as has already been stated has over 100 years of practice and is a mad genius.  Now I am not saying Toph will roll over in this battle, in fact I think she puts up a hell of a fight. After all she can feel basically all of his Earthbending movements. She has minute enough sensitivity to tell what dice are, so if the Earth moves she is going to know it. She has shown ability to sense Earthbending projectiles comming her way even if they are in mid air. (Ex. when they storm the Earth King's Palace).  In the end i think Bumi's power coupled with his unpredictability and the fact he can take advantage of her blindness eeks out a win for the old master. "

This is correct.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Bumi lifted a stone statue that possibly weighed 100 tons
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25  Edited By MrDirector786

This is a hard one. Toph seems more powerful since she's more connected with the earth and can metalbend, but Bumi has many, many more years of experience.

CapedCrusaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CapedCrusaider

Toph she culd beat him with her eyes closed lol but since were talking bout experience, while bumi does have years of it I think Quality makes up for quantity. Toph was taught by badger moles, the original earth Benders, she can sense sonic vibrations, metal bend + she's been up against the Avatar and combustion man! plus I don't buy the whole jumping into air thing...knowing bumi toph would her him laughing as he leaps into the air...+she aint gonna jus stand there, obviously she'd move or sink in the ground or something +toph would knock him out once he touches the ground

Frill_Artist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Frill_Artist

Bumi wins. Far, far more experienced.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumi wins

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By JohnnyGat

Bumi wins, Toph may have more ammo but Bumi can use his more effectively and efficiently

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#30  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

I give it to bumi. Toph is an exceptional bender but Bumi is better. Toph might be able to see without seeing but Bumi can bend without having contact with the ground and thats a winning factor here.

YoungChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By YoungChief

Bumi should school Toph

Avatar image for essentiallyheroes
EssentiallyHeroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumi with moderate difficulty.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By New_World_Order

Toph as of now. Back than King Bumi.

Avatar image for kyaputenkokurai
KyaputenKokurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By KyaputenKokurai

Tough Fight But I go with The Blind Bandita. I Feel that we are really underestimating Toph. Her Skill. Her Creativity. Her Ferocity and most of all in my opinion her Teachers. I love Bumi. He is a beast and a lunatic and that has made him an Impeccable warrior but he wasn't taught by the Badger-moles. and he doesn't have the sensitivity and connection to the earth Toph has that allows for her sheer badassery. People keep bringing up Bumi jumping like he's Aang. When Aang jumps he can hover, cushion his landing or avoid the ground all together by just air scootering. It's not Aangs ability to jump that gives him the edge on her, It's his ability to float around the fight and stay off the ground. When Bumi jumps he's gonna touch down a hell of a lot sooner, faster, and harder and the moment his toes touch earth la bandita knows exactly were he is and has been shown to respond incredibly quick to attacks (Blind Bandit vs The Boulder. Literally made him squeal like a piglet . Also the notion that if Bumi high jumps and lands behind Toph she would have to turn around to respond to the attack thus costing her the precious time she would need to defend or evade it is hogwash. We turn to face opponents behind us so we can see them. Toph is already blind and see's through the earth thus there being no need at all to turn in the slightest to respond to foes in her blind spot because every foe is already in her blind spot but again, she doesn't see with her eyes. So she is aware of any combatant (the mad king included) that is in the slightest way touching the earth. Toph 7/10

Zen

Zoncaltoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Zoncaltoz

Aang vs Bumi: Bumi destroys Aang, and is only playing with him.

Aang vs Toph: Aang pushes her out of the ring extremely easily, and didn't even have the intention of winning.

While yes, Toph can metalbend, she can't do it the way she can earthbend. She has to be standing right next to the metal, it takes much more work for her, and she can't completely reshape it or manipulate it like earth, she can only bend it. (No pun intended)

Give Toph 100 years until she's Bumis age, then we'll have a fight (assuming Bumi is frozen in ice for that 100 years.)

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ill go with bumi, hes crazy which can make him unpredictable and hes the better earthbender

Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this is Bumi's fight to loose. Toph may have more potential than Bumi one day, and she did invent Metal bending, but she's just nowhere near his level at any point we see her during the series.

I mean, I might be letting my bias speak for me here, but I might even be willing to say Bumi could beat Iroh.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this is Bumi's fight to loose. Toph may have more potential than Bumi one day, and she did invent Metal bending, but she's just nowhere near his level at any point we see her during the series.

I mean, I might be letting my bias speak for me here, but I might even be willing to say Bumi could beat Iroh.

Toph and Bumi can beat any firebenders. any attack can be blocked but you can't attack if you have nothing to stand on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Going with Bumi. Toph is a skilled earthbender, but bumi seems to be more impressive.. More experience, too. Not to mention crazy..

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite her claims as the best earthbender in the world, Toph's second to Bumi.

njones5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

toph definitley he got beat by azula and she beat 7 earth benders blind and korg it does not matter if she is blind

Stupid_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Stupid_People

bumi moves his head slightly and a boulder hits her in the side of the head.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rogueshadow  Moderator

This would be like Azula vs Toph when he basically one shots her. That being said, Toph is 12. give her 20 years and she'd probably whup him.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 juiceboks  Moderator

@njones5 said:

toph definitley he got beat by azula and she beat 7 earth benders blind and korg it does not matter if she is blind

Bumi never got beat by Azula..

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@njones5 said:

Bumi surrendered to Azula (I think), which one could count as a loss to some people.

I personally would never count it.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 juiceboks  Moderator

@juiceboks said:

@njones5 said:

Bumi surrendered to Azula (I think), which one could count as a loss to some people.

He surrendered to the Fire Nation in general. He was never even confronted by Azula so I don't see how that would count as a loss for him.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

@juiceboks said:

@njones5 said:

He surrendered to the Fire Nation in general. He was never even confronted by Azula so I don't see how that would count as a loss for him.

I was just trying to come up with some explanation, I really don't know what he truly meant.

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Canonically Bumi and Toph are equal.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers