VS

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Chaos Prime

Im not that familiar with Kratos apart he has some insane weapons & magic at hand but having said that so has Kharn & imo more deadly too.

So imo Kharn takes this encounter via blast at long range to Kratos`s head :)

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pokergeist

Blessings of the Blood God Negate all Magic to Kharn. So in short its a straight up battle of Kharns Gore Child, Plasma Pistol, Chaos Marine Durability and Strength, as well as the Power Armour, and 10000 years of combating Greater Daemons that can break worlds vs.... Kratos.

Kharn has a high chance of winning.

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JediWaffles

Kharn wins with just his plasma pistol. Seriously, Kratos isn't walking away from that. But Kharn would obviously want a more glorious kill, so he'd run in with Gorechild. In which case he'd still win.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Chaos Prime

& stick his head on a pike? Lol

JediWaffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JediWaffles

@Chaos Prime said:

Most probably haha. More blood for the blood god!

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Chaos Prime

@JediWaffles said:

@Chaos Prime said:

There will be Blood!! :)

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By ShootingNova

I don't even hold that much knowledge on Kharn, but from what I know of him, he should definitely win.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Outside_85

@JediWaffles said:

@Chaos Prime said:

Wouldnt have time unless theres no one else around.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By Strider1992

Due to the mark of Khorne i'd give it to Kharn. If magic could effect him then Kratos would stomp him into the ground but as it can't Kharn will eventually win.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By nefarious

Kharn The Betrayer is a beast.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony What do you think about such fight? Heard like you are a big Kratos expert.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: i dont know anything about kharn, sorry.

But surely you can tell how strong, fast, durable and etc is Kratos?

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kharn stomps

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinitias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kratos easily. He has lightning speed reaction times & the Golden Fleece can deflect about anything back at the shooter.

Infinitias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:
@asgardianbrony said:

@rubear: i dont know anything about kharn, sorry.

But surely you can tell how strong, fast, durable and etc is Kratos?

Strong enough to wrestle with mountain sized titans. fast enough to dodge lightning & deflect Zeus lightning bolts and durable enough to tank some of them even (Zeus lightning bolts were tearing other titans (Gaia) apart and Kratos took them like a boss)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kratos easily. He has lightning speed reaction times & the Golden Fleece can deflect about anything back at the shooter.

None of that is impressive to Kharn, and the Golden Fleece isn't reflecting a chain/power axe to the face

Infinitias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infinitias said:

None of that is impressive to Kharn, and the Golden Fleece isn't reflecting a chain/power axe to the face

Why wouldn't it?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infinitias said:
@decaf_wizard said:
@infinitias said:

Why wouldn't it?

I mean *shrugs* does the Golden Fleece have feats of reflecting melee attacks that disintegrate things on an atomic level? Im already making concessions here by not arguing it doesn't have the feats to fully block attacks from the plasma gun

Infinitias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infinitias said:
@decaf_wizard said:
@infinitias said:

Why wouldn't it?

I mean *shrugs* does the Golden Fleece have feats of reflecting melee attacks that disintegrate things on an atomic level? Im already making concessions here by not arguing it doesn't have the feats to block attacks from the plasma gun

Well, I'm not really sure about atomic level power. It has deflected things like Meduza's gaze, Zeus lightning bolts, Gorgons stare & full powered blasts from the Blade of Olympus which are all energy. Mind you the Blade of Olympus could disintegrate entire armies with just a swing from the blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infinitias said:
@decaf_wizard said:
@infinitias said:
@decaf_wizard said:
@infinitias said:

Why wouldn't it?

I mean *shrugs* does the Golden Fleece have feats of reflecting melee attacks that disintegrate things on an atomic level? Im already making concessions here by not arguing it doesn't have the feats to block attacks from the plasma gun

Well, I'm not really sure about atomic level power. It has deflected things like Meduza's gaze, Zeus lightning bolts, Gorgons stare & full powered blasts from the Blade of Olympus which are all energy. Mind you the Blade of Olympus could disintegrate entire armies with just a swing from the blade

Well that very well could be raw power instead of super precise disintegration. Its like the difference between going at a door with a battering ram versus going at it with an adamantium knife

Its also worth noting that Kharn has the Blessing of Khorne, which actively nullifies offensive magic against him.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Golden fleece deflects magic and limited in armor cover. Kharn only needs to land one hit and Gorechild eats Kratos soul.

Also nothing in GoW comes close to the damage of a Plasma pistol that burns as hot as a mini sun lmao.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kratos isn't a lightning timer.... that feat people love to use is non-canon since it was from a commerical.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackestnight93: actually the feat that most people refer to is from the creator who says something along the lines of "anyone who played god of war 2 knows kratos has to parry lightning". Im not a big fan of the idea because it sounds pretty iffy because of game mechanics but on the other hand it is a creator talking about game mechanics so I don't know what to think.

On topic I don't know who Kharn is. Anyone got feats?

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackestnight93: actually the feat that most people refer to is from the creator who says something along the lines of "anyone who played god of war 2 knows kratos has to parry lightning". Im not a big fan of the idea because it sounds pretty iffy because of game mechanics but on the other hand it is a creator talking about game mechanics so I don't know what to think.

Kratos has never timed lightning in canon. Gameplay isn't canon around here. I know all about that creator quote. It was in response to the commercial feat I mentioned. Kratos never has to canonically react to lightning in GOW2, or in any of the GOW games for that matter. Wether or not that changes in GOW4 is anyone's guess

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Golden fleece deflects magic and limited in armor cover. Kharn only needs to land one hit and Gorechild eats Kratos soul.

Also nothing in GoW comes close to the damage of a Plasma pistol that burns as hot as a mini sun lmao.

You do know lightning burns about 2 times hotter than the sun right? Kratos has been struck by lightning at least once directly. And lava is also almost as hot and Kratos more than likely touched it in Ghosts of Sparta I believe.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackestnight93:

@hypnos0929 said:

Kratos has never timed lightning in canon. Gameplay isn't canon around here. I know all about that creator quote. It was in response to the commercial feat I mentioned. Kratos never has to canonically react to lightning in GOW2, or in any of the GOW games for that matter. Wether or not that changes in GOW4 is anyone's guess

The creators quote was in response to the commercial but he goes onto say Kratos does have to parry lightning in god of war 2. You know if anyone has the novelization of the game? That would help right?

Also in god of war 3, during the cut scene where Kratos says "The hands of death could not hold me, the sisters of fate could not control me..." Kratos either dodged Zeus' charged lightning bolt (which makes sense in a way) or he got hit by it (which means he survived a direct lightning strike without a scratch)

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Vertigo-

@hypnos0929 said:

@blackestnight93:

@blackestnight93 said:
@hypnos0929 said:

The creators quote was in response to the commercial but he goes onto say Kratos does have to parry lightning in god of war 2. You know if anyone has the novelization of the game? That would help right?

I don't know of anyone who has the novelization of the game. But I'm not sure if the novelizations of games take precedence over the games themselves or not.

Also in god of war 3, during the cut scene where Kratos says "The hands of death could not hold me, the sisters of fate could not control me..." Kratos either dodged Zeus' charged lightning bolt (which makes sense in a way) or he got hit by it (which means he survived a direct lightning strike without a scratch)

I'm unsure if he dodged it, but if he did tank it, it isn't something I'd put outside of Kratos' physicals capabiltiy. Dude is a 100+ tonner after all.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnos0929 said:

@blackestnight93:

@blackestnight93 said:
@hypnos0929 said:

I don't know of anyone who has the novelization of the game. But I'm not sure if the novelizations of games take precedence over the games themselves or not.

I'm unsure if he dodged it, but if he did tank it, it isn't something I'd put outside of Kratos' physicals capabiltiy. Dude is a 100+ tonner after all.

This is the problem with Kratos. He's like a glass cannon, if he weren't so freaking inconsistent with his speed he'd be impressive though I still think people would hate him. As for books, the god of war book's cannonness, the comic book shows him dodging a blast from Apollo's champion that's either the speed of sound or loud enough to deafen him, and he's listened to Titans up close and the screams of sirens so I guess that could be a feat.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz said:

You do know lightning burns about 2 times hotter than the sun right? Kratos has been struck by lightning at least once directly. And lava is also almost as hot and Kratos more than likely touched it in Ghosts of Sparta I believe.

Lava that comes out of a volcano is NOWHERE near the temperature of any area of the sun. And even lightning is only comparable to the surface of the sun. Plasma weapons have been compared to the insides of suns which is above anything shown in GoW

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnos0929 said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

Lava that comes out of a volcano is NOWHERE near the temperature of any area of the sun. And even lightning is only comparable to the surface of the sun. Plasma weapons have been compared to the insides of suns which is above anything shown in GoW

LOL that Hypnoisis guy cracked me up with those comments.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnos0929 said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

I wasn't comparing the lava to the surface of the sun but getting drenched in lava is a lot worse than getting plasma to the shoulder because lava will more than likely boil your blood, all of your blood if you're surrounded by it.

As for lightning it tends to be larger than shots of plasma seen in games so the heat would be more effective at transferring to a target. Also in the GoW universe people get completely turned to stone by severed monster heads so I'm going out on a limb and saying that the god of war universe has some objectively more dangerous weapons. Also when Zeus used the blade of Olympus he leveled a large area so yeah plasma isn't that scary when a guy can level a small town with a blast.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

Also in the GoW universe people get completely turned to stone by severed monster heads so I'm going out on a limb and saying that the god of war universe has some objectively more dangerous weapons.

..... you really have no clue of the reality rending, soul stealing, sun temprature, city level psychic, reality warping weapons Kharn and other 40K characters deal with....

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz:

How am I being the funny one? A plasma gun in the hands of a human would do far less damage than the blade of Olympus in the hands of Zeus

Cypher0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kharn clashed against an Imperial Knight Titan's Reaper Chainsword with his exposed unarmored left hand once. That might be worth something considering the usual monomolecular edge of a basic chainsword.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnos0929 said:

Also in the GoW universe people get completely turned to stone by severed monster heads so I'm going out on a limb and saying that the god of war universe has some objectively more dangerous weapons.

..... you really have no clue of the reality rending, soul stealing, sun temprature, city level psychic, reality warping weapons Kharn and other 40K characters deal with....

I was responding to his comment about plasma weapons being more dangerous than anything in the god of war universe. Also turning someone to stone would be molecule manipulation right? And soul stealing occurs in the god of war universe

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hypnos0929: Technically it would be transmutation, but same concept.

Kharn clashed against an Imperial Knight Titan's Reaper Chainsword with his exposed unarmored left hand once. That might be worth something considering the usual monomolecular edge of a basic chainsword.

When this happen!?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard said:
@hypnos0929 said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

I wasn't comparing the lava to the surface of the sun but getting drenched in lava is a lot worse than getting plasma to the shoulder because lava will more than likely boil your blood, all of your blood if you're surrounded by it.

As for lightning it tends to be larger than shots of plasma seen in games so the heat would be more effective at transferring to a target. Also in the GoW universe people get completely turned to stone by severed monster heads so I'm going out on a limb and saying that the god of war universe has some objectively more dangerous weapons. Also when Zeus used the blade of Olympus he leveled a large area so yeah plasma isn't that scary when a guy can level a small town with a blast.

Plasma weapons from 40k completely disintegrate their target more often than not. Even tanks suffer critical existence failure from getting hit by them

You would be wrong. 40k has weapons that make the most powerful of GoW weapons look tame. Like gauntlets that can open up portals to the hearts of stars to completely annihilate anything the resulting mass of superheated plasma touches. Any Space Marine Officer or Necron Lord will carry weapons that completely ignore durability and disintegrate an enemy instantly. Hell, there is entire chapter of Space Marines that use mainly Volkite Weapons, which bypasses armor and disintegrates living flesh within. So on standard, I think there are more powerful weapons than in GoW. Thats without bringing up vastly more advanced Alien technology like that of the Eldar, or of the stupidly advanced Necrons who have things like tesseract labyrinths, C'tan Shards and personal void shields

As for obliterating an area the size of a town? A basic tank from the Imperial Guard and any decently powerful Psyker or Deamon (all three of which, Kharn regularly fodderizes) can do that

Avatar image for sainguinexshadow
SainguineXshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kharn reks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cypher0120 said:

When this happen!?

I would like to know this as well. If so, it puts the durability of a Kharn WAYYYYYY above most other non-Primarchs in 40k

Blaredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kharn wins, but credible users here believe Warhammer can fodderize Pre-Retcon Beyonder.

Cypher0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard:

I believe that was in Traitor's Hate but I can't confirm right now. It might just be a clash of Kharn using Gorechild with his non power-armored arm against the Reaper Chainsword.

And to be fair, Imperial Knight Titans are smaller than Warhound Titans.

Cypher0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got it.

"The ground shook with pounding footfalls, and a vox-horn boomed out with a binharic war cry. Looking up, the Betrayer saw a red-hulled Knight looming over him, its head tilted down to pin him with its dispassionate stare. The war engine's roaring chainblade swept down, and Khârn hurled himself aside. He rolled to his feet with a manic laugh, sweeping Gorechild up in a thunderous arc. Mica-dragon teeth bit through adamantium and ceramite in a rain of sparks, and the Knight's severed chainblade crashed to the ground.

The war machine took a step back, trying to swing its battle cannon to bear. Before it could, the Betrayer leapt high and clove through the Knight's nearest knee-joint. Again, Gorechild could not be denied, and the towering machine left half of one leg behind as it tried to back away. Slowly, like some great tree, the Imperial Knight tipped sideways, before crashing down hard. Khârn laughed as his followers boiled across the felled machine, tearing open its canopy and hacking madly at the exposed pilot within. These fools were doomed, thought the Betrayer contemptuously. Time to move on in search of more worthy challenge."

- Traitor's Hate, pg 44-45

Not quite clashing with it, bit he did cut through the chainsword and the rest of the Knight's armor does little against him despite normally being strong enough to withstand concentrated Lascannon fire.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got it.

"The ground shook with pounding footfalls, and a vox-horn boomed out with a binharic war cry. Looking up, the Betrayer saw a red-hulled Knight looming over him, its head tilted down to pin him with its dispassionate stare. The war engine's roaring chainblade swept down, and Khârn hurled himself aside. He rolled to his feet with a manic laugh, sweeping Gorechild up in a thunderous arc. Mica-dragon teeth bit through adamantium and ceramite in a rain of sparks, and the Knight's severed chainblade crashed to the ground.

The war machine took a step back, trying to swing its battle cannon to bear. Before it could, the Betrayer leapt high and clove through the Knight's nearest knee-joint. Again, Gorechild could not be denied, and the towering machine left half of one leg behind as it tried to back away. Slowly, like some great tree, the Imperial Knight tipped sideways, before crashing down hard. Khârn laughed as his followers boiled across the felled machine, tearing open its canopy and hacking madly at the exposed pilot within. These fools were doomed, thought the Betrayer contemptuously. Time to move on in search of more worthy challenge."

- Traitor's Hate, pg 44-45

Not quite clashing with it, bit he did cut through the chainsword and the rest of the Knight's armor does little against him despite normally being strong enough to withstand concentrated Lascannon fire.

No Caption Provided

GodEmperor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my man kharne. too crazy, too vicious, too experienced