Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
#1 Posted by slacker the hacker (10314 posts) - - Show Bio

No prep

Random Encounter

No time manipulation

Win by death/knockout

Fight takes place in an empty New York

Both have all there weaponry and powers

VS

Avatar image for chaos_prime
#2 Posted by Chaos Prime (11585 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not that familiar with Kratos apart he has some insane weapons & magic at hand but having said that so has Kharn & imo more deadly too.

So imo Kharn takes this encounter via blast at long range to Kratos`s head :)

Avatar image for pokergeist
#3 Edited by Pokergeist (23180 posts) - - Show Bio

Blessings of the Blood God Negate all Magic to Kharn. So in short its a straight up battle of Kharns Gore Child, Plasma Pistol, Chaos Marine Durability and Strength, as well as the Power Armour, and 10000 years of combating Greater Daemons that can break worlds vs.... Kratos.

Kharn has a high chance of winning.

Avatar image for jediwaffles
#4 Posted by JediWaffles (757 posts) - - Show Bio

Kharn wins with just his plasma pistol. Seriously, Kratos isn't walking away from that. But Kharn would obviously want a more glorious kill, so he'd run in with Gorechild. In which case he'd still win.

Avatar image for chaos_prime
#5 Posted by Chaos Prime (11585 posts) - - Show Bio

& stick his head on a pike? Lol

Avatar image for jediwaffles
#6 Posted by JediWaffles (757 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime said:

& stick his head on a pike? Lol

Most probably haha. More blood for the blood god!

Avatar image for chaos_prime
#7 Posted by Chaos Prime (11585 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediWaffles said:

@Chaos Prime said:

& stick his head on a pike? Lol

Most probably haha. More blood for the blood god!

There will be Blood!! :)

Avatar image for shootingnova
#8 Posted by ShootingNova (25492 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't even hold that much knowledge on Kharn, but from what I know of him, he should definitely win.

Avatar image for outside_85
#9 Posted by Outside_85 (17983 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediWaffles said:

@Chaos Prime said:

& stick his head on a pike? Lol

Most probably haha. More blood for the blood god!

Wouldnt have time unless theres no one else around.

Avatar image for strider1992
#10 Posted by Strider1992 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

Due to the mark of Khorne i'd give it to Kharn. If magic could effect him then Kratos would stomp him into the ground but as it can't Kharn will eventually win.

Avatar image for nefarious
#11 Posted by Nefarious (34483 posts) - - Show Bio

Kharn The Betrayer is a beast.

Online
Avatar image for rubear
#13 Posted by Rubear (4477 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgardianbrony What do you think about such fight? Heard like you are a big Kratos expert.

Avatar image for asgardianbrony
#14 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (9325 posts) - - Show Bio

@rubear: i dont know anything about kharn, sorry.

Avatar image for rubear
#15 Posted by Rubear (4477 posts) - - Show Bio

@rubear: i dont know anything about kharn, sorry.

But surely you can tell how strong, fast, durable and etc is Kratos?

Avatar image for decaf_wizard
#16 Posted by decaf_wizard (11105 posts) - - Show Bio

Kharn stomps

Avatar image for killerwasp
#17 Posted by Killerwasp (15674 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for infinitias
#18 Posted by Infinitias (369 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos easily. He has lightning speed reaction times & the Golden Fleece can deflect about anything back at the shooter.

Avatar image for infinitias
#19 Posted by Infinitias (369 posts) - - Show Bio

@rubear said:
@asgardianbrony said:

@rubear: i dont know anything about kharn, sorry.

But surely you can tell how strong, fast, durable and etc is Kratos?

Strong enough to wrestle with mountain sized titans. fast enough to dodge lightning & deflect Zeus lightning bolts and durable enough to tank some of them even (Zeus lightning bolts were tearing other titans (Gaia) apart and Kratos took them like a boss)

Avatar image for decaf_wizard
#20 Posted by decaf_wizard (11105 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos easily. He has lightning speed reaction times & the Golden Fleece can deflect about anything back at the shooter.

None of that is impressive to Kharn, and the Golden Fleece isn't reflecting a chain/power axe to the face

Avatar image for infinitias
#21 Posted by Infinitias (369 posts) - - Show Bio

@infinitias said:

Kratos easily. He has lightning speed reaction times & the Golden Fleece can deflect about anything back at the shooter.

None of that is impressive to Kharn, and the Golden Fleece isn't reflecting a chain/power axe to the face

Why wouldn't it?

Avatar image for decaf_wizard
#22 Edited by decaf_wizard (11105 posts) - - Show Bio

@infinitias said:
@decaf_wizard said:
@infinitias said:

Kratos easily. He has lightning speed reaction times & the Golden Fleece can deflect about anything back at the shooter.

None of that is impressive to Kharn, and the Golden Fleece isn't reflecting a chain/power axe to the face

Why wouldn't it?

I mean *shrugs* does the Golden Fleece have feats of reflecting melee attacks that disintegrate things on an atomic level? Im already making concessions here by not arguing it doesn't have the feats to fully block attacks from the plasma gun

Avatar image for infinitias
#23 Posted by Infinitias (369 posts) - - Show Bio

@infinitias said:
@decaf_wizard said:
@infinitias said:

Kratos easily. He has lightning speed reaction times & the Golden Fleece can deflect about anything back at the shooter.

None of that is impressive to Kharn, and the Golden Fleece isn't reflecting a chain/power axe to the face

Why wouldn't it?

I mean *shrugs* does the Golden Fleece have feats of reflecting melee attacks that disintegrate things on an atomic level? Im already making concessions here by not arguing it doesn't have the feats to block attacks from the plasma gun

Well, I'm not really sure about atomic level power. It has deflected things like Meduza's gaze, Zeus lightning bolts, Gorgons stare & full powered blasts from the Blade of Olympus which are all energy. Mind you the Blade of Olympus could disintegrate entire armies with just a swing from the blade

Avatar image for decaf_wizard
#24 Edited by decaf_wizard (11105 posts) - - Show Bio

@infinitias said:
@decaf_wizard said:
@infinitias said:
@decaf_wizard said:
@infinitias said:

Kratos easily. He has lightning speed reaction times & the Golden Fleece can deflect about anything back at the shooter.

None of that is impressive to Kharn, and the Golden Fleece isn't reflecting a chain/power axe to the face

Why wouldn't it?

I mean *shrugs* does the Golden Fleece have feats of reflecting melee attacks that disintegrate things on an atomic level? Im already making concessions here by not arguing it doesn't have the feats to block attacks from the plasma gun

Well, I'm not really sure about atomic level power. It has deflected things like Meduza's gaze, Zeus lightning bolts, Gorgons stare & full powered blasts from the Blade of Olympus which are all energy. Mind you the Blade of Olympus could disintegrate entire armies with just a swing from the blade

Well that very well could be raw power instead of super precise disintegration. Its like the difference between going at a door with a battering ram versus going at it with an adamantium knife

Its also worth noting that Kharn has the Blessing of Khorne, which actively nullifies offensive magic against him.

Avatar image for sirfizzwhizz
#25 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (31655 posts) - - Show Bio

Golden fleece deflects magic and limited in armor cover. Kharn only needs to land one hit and Gorechild eats Kratos soul.

Also nothing in GoW comes close to the damage of a Plasma pistol that burns as hot as a mini sun lmao.

Online
Avatar image for blackestnight93
#26 Posted by blackestnight93 (13261 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos isn't a lightning timer.... that feat people love to use is non-canon since it was from a commerical.

Online
Avatar image for hypnos0929
#27 Posted by Hypnos0929 (4738 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackestnight93: actually the feat that most people refer to is from the creator who says something along the lines of "anyone who played god of war 2 knows kratos has to parry lightning". Im not a big fan of the idea because it sounds pretty iffy because of game mechanics but on the other hand it is a creator talking about game mechanics so I don't know what to think.

On topic I don't know who Kharn is. Anyone got feats?

Avatar image for blackestnight93
#28 Posted by blackestnight93 (13261 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackestnight93: actually the feat that most people refer to is from the creator who says something along the lines of "anyone who played god of war 2 knows kratos has to parry lightning". Im not a big fan of the idea because it sounds pretty iffy because of game mechanics but on the other hand it is a creator talking about game mechanics so I don't know what to think.

Kratos has never timed lightning in canon. Gameplay isn't canon around here. I know all about that creator quote. It was in response to the commercial feat I mentioned. Kratos never has to canonically react to lightning in GOW2, or in any of the GOW games for that matter. Wether or not that changes in GOW4 is anyone's guess

Online
Avatar image for hypnos0929
#29 Posted by Hypnos0929 (4738 posts) - - Show Bio

Golden fleece deflects magic and limited in armor cover. Kharn only needs to land one hit and Gorechild eats Kratos soul.

Also nothing in GoW comes close to the damage of a Plasma pistol that burns as hot as a mini sun lmao.

You do know lightning burns about 2 times hotter than the sun right? Kratos has been struck by lightning at least once directly. And lava is also almost as hot and Kratos more than likely touched it in Ghosts of Sparta I believe.

Avatar image for hypnos0929
#30 Posted by Hypnos0929 (4738 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackestnight93:

@hypnos0929 said:

@blackestnight93: actually the feat that most people refer to is from the creator who says something along the lines of "anyone who played god of war 2 knows kratos has to parry lightning". Im not a big fan of the idea because it sounds pretty iffy because of game mechanics but on the other hand it is a creator talking about game mechanics so I don't know what to think.

Kratos has never timed lightning in canon. Gameplay isn't canon around here. I know all about that creator quote. It was in response to the commercial feat I mentioned. Kratos never has to canonically react to lightning in GOW2, or in any of the GOW games for that matter. Wether or not that changes in GOW4 is anyone's guess

The creators quote was in response to the commercial but he goes onto say Kratos does have to parry lightning in god of war 2. You know if anyone has the novelization of the game? That would help right?

Also in god of war 3, during the cut scene where Kratos says "The hands of death could not hold me, the sisters of fate could not control me..." Kratos either dodged Zeus' charged lightning bolt (which makes sense in a way) or he got hit by it (which means he survived a direct lightning strike without a scratch)

Avatar image for blackestnight93
#31 Edited by blackestnight93 (13261 posts) - - Show Bio

@hypnos0929 said:

@blackestnight93:

@blackestnight93 said:
@hypnos0929 said:

@blackestnight93: actually the feat that most people refer to is from the creator who says something along the lines of "anyone who played god of war 2 knows kratos has to parry lightning". Im not a big fan of the idea because it sounds pretty iffy because of game mechanics but on the other hand it is a creator talking about game mechanics so I don't know what to think.

Kratos has never timed lightning in canon. Gameplay isn't canon around here. I know all about that creator quote. It was in response to the commercial feat I mentioned. Kratos never has to canonically react to lightning in GOW2, or in any of the GOW games for that matter. Wether or not that changes in GOW4 is anyone's guess

The creators quote was in response to the commercial but he goes onto say Kratos does have to parry lightning in god of war 2. You know if anyone has the novelization of the game? That would help right?

I don't know of anyone who has the novelization of the game. But I'm not sure if the novelizations of games take precedence over the games themselves or not.

Also in god of war 3, during the cut scene where Kratos says "The hands of death could not hold me, the sisters of fate could not control me..." Kratos either dodged Zeus' charged lightning bolt (which makes sense in a way) or he got hit by it (which means he survived a direct lightning strike without a scratch)

I'm unsure if he dodged it, but if he did tank it, it isn't something I'd put outside of Kratos' physicals capabiltiy. Dude is a 100+ tonner after all.

Online
Avatar image for hypnos0929
#32 Posted by Hypnos0929 (4738 posts) - - Show Bio

@hypnos0929 said:

@blackestnight93:

@blackestnight93 said:
@hypnos0929 said:

@blackestnight93: actually the feat that most people refer to is from the creator who says something along the lines of "anyone who played god of war 2 knows kratos has to parry lightning". Im not a big fan of the idea because it sounds pretty iffy because of game mechanics but on the other hand it is a creator talking about game mechanics so I don't know what to think.

Kratos has never timed lightning in canon. Gameplay isn't canon around here. I know all about that creator quote. It was in response to the commercial feat I mentioned. Kratos never has to canonically react to lightning in GOW2, or in any of the GOW games for that matter. Wether or not that changes in GOW4 is anyone's guess

The creators quote was in response to the commercial but he goes onto say Kratos does have to parry lightning in god of war 2. You know if anyone has the novelization of the game? That would help right?

I don't know of anyone who has the novelization of the game. But I'm not sure if the novelizations of games take precedence over the games themselves or not.

Also in god of war 3, during the cut scene where Kratos says "The hands of death could not hold me, the sisters of fate could not control me..." Kratos either dodged Zeus' charged lightning bolt (which makes sense in a way) or he got hit by it (which means he survived a direct lightning strike without a scratch)

I'm unsure if he dodged it, but if he did tank it, it isn't something I'd put outside of Kratos' physicals capabiltiy. Dude is a 100+ tonner after all.

This is the problem with Kratos. He's like a glass cannon, if he weren't so freaking inconsistent with his speed he'd be impressive though I still think people would hate him. As for books, the god of war book's cannonness, the comic book shows him dodging a blast from Apollo's champion that's either the speed of sound or loud enough to deafen him, and he's listened to Titans up close and the screams of sirens so I guess that could be a feat.

Avatar image for decaf_wizard
#33 Posted by decaf_wizard (11105 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz said:

Golden fleece deflects magic and limited in armor cover. Kharn only needs to land one hit and Gorechild eats Kratos soul.

Also nothing in GoW comes close to the damage of a Plasma pistol that burns as hot as a mini sun lmao.

You do know lightning burns about 2 times hotter than the sun right? Kratos has been struck by lightning at least once directly. And lava is also almost as hot and Kratos more than likely touched it in Ghosts of Sparta I believe.

Lava that comes out of a volcano is NOWHERE near the temperature of any area of the sun. And even lightning is only comparable to the surface of the sun. Plasma weapons have been compared to the insides of suns which is above anything shown in GoW

Avatar image for sirfizzwhizz
#34 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (31655 posts) - - Show Bio

@hypnos0929 said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

Golden fleece deflects magic and limited in armor cover. Kharn only needs to land one hit and Gorechild eats Kratos soul.

Also nothing in GoW comes close to the damage of a Plasma pistol that burns as hot as a mini sun lmao.

You do know lightning burns about 2 times hotter than the sun right? Kratos has been struck by lightning at least once directly. And lava is also almost as hot and Kratos more than likely touched it in Ghosts of Sparta I believe.

Lava that comes out of a volcano is NOWHERE near the temperature of any area of the sun. And even lightning is only comparable to the surface of the sun. Plasma weapons have been compared to the insides of suns which is above anything shown in GoW

LOL that Hypnoisis guy cracked me up with those comments.

Online
Avatar image for hypnos0929
#35 Posted by Hypnos0929 (4738 posts) - - Show Bio

@hypnos0929 said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

Golden fleece deflects magic and limited in armor cover. Kharn only needs to land one hit and Gorechild eats Kratos soul.

Also nothing in GoW comes close to the damage of a Plasma pistol that burns as hot as a mini sun lmao.

You do know lightning burns about 2 times hotter than the sun right? Kratos has been struck by lightning at least once directly. And lava is also almost as hot and Kratos more than likely touched it in Ghosts of Sparta I believe.

Lava that comes out of a volcano is NOWHERE near the temperature of any area of the sun. And even lightning is only comparable to the surface of the sun. Plasma weapons have been compared to the insides of suns which is above anything shown in GoW

I wasn't comparing the lava to the surface of the sun but getting drenched in lava is a lot worse than getting plasma to the shoulder because lava will more than likely boil your blood, all of your blood if you're surrounded by it.

As for lightning it tends to be larger than shots of plasma seen in games so the heat would be more effective at transferring to a target. Also in the GoW universe people get completely turned to stone by severed monster heads so I'm going out on a limb and saying that the god of war universe has some objectively more dangerous weapons. Also when Zeus used the blade of Olympus he leveled a large area so yeah plasma isn't that scary when a guy can level a small town with a blast.

Avatar image for sirfizzwhizz
#36 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (31655 posts) - - Show Bio

Also in the GoW universe people get completely turned to stone by severed monster heads so I'm going out on a limb and saying that the god of war universe has some objectively more dangerous weapons.

..... you really have no clue of the reality rending, soul stealing, sun temprature, city level psychic, reality warping weapons Kharn and other 40K characters deal with....

Online
Avatar image for hypnos0929
#37 Posted by Hypnos0929 (4738 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz:

How am I being the funny one? A plasma gun in the hands of a human would do far less damage than the blade of Olympus in the hands of Zeus

Avatar image for Cypher0120
#38 Posted by Cypher0120 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

Kharn clashed against an Imperial Knight Titan's Reaper Chainsword with his exposed unarmored left hand once. That might be worth something considering the usual monomolecular edge of a basic chainsword.

Avatar image for hypnos0929
#39 Posted by Hypnos0929 (4738 posts) - - Show Bio

@hypnos0929 said:

Also in the GoW universe people get completely turned to stone by severed monster heads so I'm going out on a limb and saying that the god of war universe has some objectively more dangerous weapons.

..... you really have no clue of the reality rending, soul stealing, sun temprature, city level psychic, reality warping weapons Kharn and other 40K characters deal with....

I was responding to his comment about plasma weapons being more dangerous than anything in the god of war universe. Also turning someone to stone would be molecule manipulation right? And soul stealing occurs in the god of war universe

Avatar image for sirfizzwhizz
#40 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (31655 posts) - - Show Bio

@hypnos0929: Technically it would be transmutation, but same concept.

Kharn clashed against an Imperial Knight Titan's Reaper Chainsword with his exposed unarmored left hand once. That might be worth something considering the usual monomolecular edge of a basic chainsword.

When this happen!?

Online
Avatar image for decaf_wizard
#41 Posted by decaf_wizard (11105 posts) - - Show Bio

@decaf_wizard said:
@hypnos0929 said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

Golden fleece deflects magic and limited in armor cover. Kharn only needs to land one hit and Gorechild eats Kratos soul.

Also nothing in GoW comes close to the damage of a Plasma pistol that burns as hot as a mini sun lmao.

You do know lightning burns about 2 times hotter than the sun right? Kratos has been struck by lightning at least once directly. And lava is also almost as hot and Kratos more than likely touched it in Ghosts of Sparta I believe.

Lava that comes out of a volcano is NOWHERE near the temperature of any area of the sun. And even lightning is only comparable to the surface of the sun. Plasma weapons have been compared to the insides of suns which is above anything shown in GoW

I wasn't comparing the lava to the surface of the sun but getting drenched in lava is a lot worse than getting plasma to the shoulder because lava will more than likely boil your blood, all of your blood if you're surrounded by it.

As for lightning it tends to be larger than shots of plasma seen in games so the heat would be more effective at transferring to a target. Also in the GoW universe people get completely turned to stone by severed monster heads so I'm going out on a limb and saying that the god of war universe has some objectively more dangerous weapons. Also when Zeus used the blade of Olympus he leveled a large area so yeah plasma isn't that scary when a guy can level a small town with a blast.

Plasma weapons from 40k completely disintegrate their target more often than not. Even tanks suffer critical existence failure from getting hit by them

You would be wrong. 40k has weapons that make the most powerful of GoW weapons look tame. Like gauntlets that can open up portals to the hearts of stars to completely annihilate anything the resulting mass of superheated plasma touches. Any Space Marine Officer or Necron Lord will carry weapons that completely ignore durability and disintegrate an enemy instantly. Hell, there is entire chapter of Space Marines that use mainly Volkite Weapons, which bypasses armor and disintegrates living flesh within. So on standard, I think there are more powerful weapons than in GoW. Thats without bringing up vastly more advanced Alien technology like that of the Eldar, or of the stupidly advanced Necrons who have things like tesseract labyrinths, C'tan Shards and personal void shields

As for obliterating an area the size of a town? A basic tank from the Imperial Guard and any decently powerful Psyker or Deamon (all three of which, Kharn regularly fodderizes) can do that

Avatar image for sainguinexshadow
#42 Posted by SainguineXshadow (3115 posts) - - Show Bio

Kharn reks.

Avatar image for decaf_wizard
#43 Posted by decaf_wizard (11105 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cypher0120 said:

Kharn clashed against an Imperial Knight Titan's Reaper Chainsword with his exposed unarmored left hand once. That might be worth something considering the usual monomolecular edge of a basic chainsword.

When this happen!?

I would like to know this as well. If so, it puts the durability of a Kharn WAYYYYYY above most other non-Primarchs in 40k

Avatar image for blaredevil
#44 Posted by Blaredevil (262 posts) - - Show Bio

Kharn wins, but credible users here believe Warhammer can fodderize Pre-Retcon Beyonder.

Avatar image for Cypher0120
#45 Posted by Cypher0120 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

@decaf_wizard:

I believe that was in Traitor's Hate but I can't confirm right now. It might just be a clash of Kharn using Gorechild with his non power-armored arm against the Reaper Chainsword.

And to be fair, Imperial Knight Titans are smaller than Warhound Titans.

Avatar image for Cypher0120
#46 Posted by Cypher0120 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

Got it.

"The ground shook with pounding footfalls, and a vox-horn boomed out with a binharic war cry. Looking up, the Betrayer saw a red-hulled Knight looming over him, its head tilted down to pin him with its dispassionate stare. The war engine's roaring chainblade swept down, and Khârn hurled himself aside. He rolled to his feet with a manic laugh, sweeping Gorechild up in a thunderous arc. Mica-dragon teeth bit through adamantium and ceramite in a rain of sparks, and the Knight's severed chainblade crashed to the ground.

The war machine took a step back, trying to swing its battle cannon to bear. Before it could, the Betrayer leapt high and clove through the Knight's nearest knee-joint. Again, Gorechild could not be denied, and the towering machine left half of one leg behind as it tried to back away. Slowly, like some great tree, the Imperial Knight tipped sideways, before crashing down hard. Khârn laughed as his followers boiled across the felled machine, tearing open its canopy and hacking madly at the exposed pilot within. These fools were doomed, thought the Betrayer contemptuously. Time to move on in search of more worthy challenge."

- Traitor's Hate, pg 44-45

Not quite clashing with it, bit he did cut through the chainsword and the rest of the Knight's armor does little against him despite normally being strong enough to withstand concentrated Lascannon fire.

Avatar image for decaf_wizard
#47 Posted by decaf_wizard (11105 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for sirfizzwhizz
#49 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (31655 posts) - - Show Bio

Got it.

"The ground shook with pounding footfalls, and a vox-horn boomed out with a binharic war cry. Looking up, the Betrayer saw a red-hulled Knight looming over him, its head tilted down to pin him with its dispassionate stare. The war engine's roaring chainblade swept down, and Khârn hurled himself aside. He rolled to his feet with a manic laugh, sweeping Gorechild up in a thunderous arc. Mica-dragon teeth bit through adamantium and ceramite in a rain of sparks, and the Knight's severed chainblade crashed to the ground.

The war machine took a step back, trying to swing its battle cannon to bear. Before it could, the Betrayer leapt high and clove through the Knight's nearest knee-joint. Again, Gorechild could not be denied, and the towering machine left half of one leg behind as it tried to back away. Slowly, like some great tree, the Imperial Knight tipped sideways, before crashing down hard. Khârn laughed as his followers boiled across the felled machine, tearing open its canopy and hacking madly at the exposed pilot within. These fools were doomed, thought the Betrayer contemptuously. Time to move on in search of more worthy challenge."

- Traitor's Hate, pg 44-45

Not quite clashing with it, bit he did cut through the chainsword and the rest of the Knight's armor does little against him despite normally being strong enough to withstand concentrated Lascannon fire.

No Caption Provided

Online
Avatar image for godemperor123
#50 Posted by GodEmperor123 (335 posts) - - Show Bio

my man kharne. too crazy, too vicious, too experienced