owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator
Kevin Matchstick and Valkyrie vs Mr. Hyde and Rhino

Kevin is at his best and has his Bat (Excalibur), with all its powers.  Valkyrie is standard (pre-Fearless) with her sword Dragonfang.  Mr. Hyde is the recent ~70 tonner version, no weapons.
EDIT: Rhino has his Jormungandr fang/horn.

Battle takes place in the taiga of Alaska, starting 20' apart.  In character; each is willing to kill.  Win by any means.

Why wins and why?

Alaskan taiga
Alaskan taiga

Kevin Matchstick
Kevin Matchstick

Valkyrie
Valkyrie

Mr. Hyde
Mr. Hyde

Rhino
Rhino
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By jashro44

Team 1 probably. From what I am getting from Valkyries blade it is pretty much indestructible so it should be able to cut either of team 2. Kevin from what I read should be able to hang with either until Valkyrie shows up I think.

FinnVarra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By FinnVarra

I'd say Team 1.

Kevin shouldn't have much trouble with Rhino. He should be able to take him out while Valkyrie keeps Hyde busy. If Valkyrie is unable to take out Hyde during that time, he wouldn't last very long when the fight becomes a 2 on 1 against him.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4  Edited By owie  Moderator

Weird. I thought I bumped this last night. OK: Edited to give Rhino his Jormungandr horn, which may make the fight more even.

Here's my take on the battle in the abstract: Kevin and Val are both armed, seasoned, skilled warriors. Kevin is the avatar of King Arthur, so he is a skilled fighter. He is very durable (run over by a subway train, fell off a 20+ story building, and jumped into a dragon's mouth while it was full of magical fire, all without being hurt at all) and pretty strong (best feat: flipping the 100-foot-long dragon over with one hand, although most of the time we don't see feats that high). Val is only a 40 tonner, but one of the most skilled sword fighters in all of Asgard. To give an example, although it wouldn't come into play in this fight, she can spin he sword fast enough to block bullets and even flame attacks.

On the other hand, we have two berzerker-style fighters. They're around 70-85 tonners, both very durable. They ain't none too smart, but once they get into a fight they're hard to start. Neither has a ton of skills, but they know how to take advantage of the momentum of their rage. Rhino's Jormungandr horn was able to take down Thor in Ends of the Earth, so he can certainly take down Val with it, and I would guess Kevin too. But he has to connect first, and they're both fairly agile.

So the question is, can two skilled fighters take out two psychos?