No Caption Provided

vs.

Etrigan the Demon

No Caption Provided

-----------------------

- 1 week prep for both

- In character

- Win by death

- Battle takes place in the modern-day ruins of Detroit.

- Pre- and New-52 feats for Etrigan. The Green Arrow scan is prohibited from use.

----------------------------------

For more of my battles, click here!

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By dondave
Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't know much about Etrigan, other than the wiki entries and 1 appearance of him. However, Kefka had a ton of raw power, but he had no finesse and no real idea of how to use it. Though I do love FF3/6.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

@dondave said:

@joygirl: What Green Arrow scan?

The one where Etrigan is like, unconscious, with a foaming arrow in his mouth.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Floopay

@joygirl said:

@dondave said:

@joygirl: What Green Arrow scan?

The one where Etrigan is like, unconscious, with a foaming arrow in his mouth.

The worst scan is the Hawkeye vs. the Game Master scenario...though that has nothing to do with this topic.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jokergeist

@floopay: If Kefka DID know how to use it.....we'd all be f*cked. :D

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll go with Kefka.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: If Kefka DID know how to use it.....we'd all be f*cked. :D

I agree, I really wish he had done more. Kefka deserves to be mentioned as one of the top Final Fantasy villains of all time. He was the first (and one of the only really) villain who didn't have a lot of raw power to himself. He was a true mastermind, and with all of his scheming he became a being who wielded a level of power above anything anybody could hope to stand against.

However, at the end of the day, he lacked the know-how to use it properly, and couldn't stand up to a group of real fighters. Though, with that being said, those real fighters were no ordinary folk, and wielded magic, powerful artifacts, and had a host of Espers. In fact, one of their party members was half-esper.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: @jokergeist: But the question here, is does he have the skill and power to defeat Etrigan? :3

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@floopay: @jokergeist: But the question here, is does he have the skill and power to defeat Etrigan? :3

Hard to say. Kefka can generate city leveling blasts, and Etrigan is weak when he's outside of hell (only know this from the wiki). I also don't think Etrigan is more skilled than Sabin. I also don't believe he's any more powerful than Terra in terms of magic.

But physically, his stats are above the entire FF3 cast, and that combined with his level of magic and skill might be enough to give him a win.

I'm gonna go with Kefka for now, but if someone who knows Etrigan more could give me some better indication of his power I'd be much obliged.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Etrigan punched Superman to the moon... ripped through Alan Scott's shields... and I believe he also sent Superman back in time with magic. He also frequently stalemates Lobo.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

@floopay: Etrigan punched Superman to the moon... ripped through Alan Scott's shields... and I believe he also sent Superman back in time with magic. He also frequently stalemates Lobo.

Yeah, he'd put a whooping on Kefka then. Kefka's best feat was destroying a small village and creating a tower.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My childhood bias is saying Kefka

No Caption Provided

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Etrigan

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By TifaLockhart

Julius was a better villain.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump!

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BlackWind

Prep? Well, Etrigan usually doesn't use magic, simply because he likes killing stuff hands on. But with allowed prep, he can be a true beast. Etrigan once absorbed the mystical power of Stonehenge, and he was taking on the Sentinels of Magic and Martian Manhunter, and doing well. Though rarely displayed, Darkseid even stated Etrigan is connected to the resources of nature, so ambient supernatural things can possibly empower him. He also contributed a fifth of power, along with Orion, Doctor Fate, Darkseid, and Highfather to stop a universal threat, IIRC.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:
@joygirl said:

Yeah, he'd put a whooping on Kefka then. Kefka's best feat was destroying a small village and creating a tower.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Sorry for the necroing but Kefka.

He has some better feats than that, he reshaped the world as he saw fit, thats way above destroying a small village IMO, which, by the way, he did casually.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

Kefka godstomps

IRHP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kefka.

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kefka has way too many options to deal with Etrigan, that bypass durability altogether, he can turn him to stone using Break, cast X-zone and BFR him to a different dimension, turn him into an imp etc, even putting that aside he can manipulate time with spells like quicken/slow/stop/haste, he could also cast drain which would be scary at his level of power, if Etrigan has a weakness he can use the scan spell to find out quickly ..and dispel would remove any magic amps that Etrigan had in place, while Kefka would be protected by any number of defensive spells himself like shell/reflect/safe.

That's not even going into his more powerful abilities like Fallen one and Goner, though it's hard to exactly know what they do Fallen One appears to put the target as close to death as possible reducing your HP to 1 regardless of what it was before, and Goner well take what you want from the video as far as interpretation.

Loading Video...

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kefka is the new Thanos.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:
@joygirl said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Sorry for the necroing but Kefka.

He has some better feats than that, he reshaped the world as he saw fit, thats way above destroying a small village IMO, which, by the way, he did casually.

It was the rearranging of the statues that caused the world to quake and shape. In fact, it started changing before Kefka ever took the power after the triad's power was displaced.

Absolutely love Kefka, but the only advantage he has here is his magic resistance shown against the espers.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Yeah, now that you mention it, during the fight in the floating island the world started to crumble... But didn't they show after that kefka using his powers to split earth (as earthquakes split earth, not in half) and stuff?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: They showed it after Kefka had taken the Triads power, and it was already stated by Strago that the Earth should react that way if the Triad's power was set in disarray.

The thing Kefka has going against him is that he's not a fighter. He has a lot of raw power, but he doesn't have any finesse. And this is supported throughout the series. Kefka is smart, and powerful, but not trained. It's why he is defeated by a group of people nowhere near his power level.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Even then he murderstomped General Leo 1 on 1, and that was before getting the power of the triad.

Off topic: Idk why, but sometimes i click in post but nothing happens, sorry if this generates a double post

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By WF_Mxyzptlk

Etrigan wins handily.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

General Leo is nigh featless and iirc got stabbed off guard.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

@tifalockhart: He is featless but was calles the empires best soldier. Kefka toyed with him at first and then attacked when Leo was fighting an ilussion.

garrettmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can someone please tell me who this Kefka is because I've been seeing a lot of forums with him lately but I don't know who he is

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@garrettmana: He is the main villain of Final Fantasy VI, and has the most memorable laughter of all.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kefka like the majority of FF bosses is overrated.

garrettmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kefka like the majority of FF bosses is overrated.

In terms of power quite possibly, in terms of awesomeness not quite

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: Well to me the problem is trying to give quentifiable feats to characters that are more lore and statements than actual showings. FFVII caharacters are an exception cause they have lots of feats since square decided to start milking them and realeasing content about every year or more.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay: Even then he murderstomped General Leo 1 on 1, and that was before getting the power of the triad.

Off topic: Idk why, but sometimes i click in post but nothing happens, sorry if this generates a double post

General Leo was powerful, but Kefka could channel magicite by then IIRC and a lot of it. By then Leo was well beneath his power level. The power of the triad gave him an exponential boost from there.

And again, nobody in the final party was anywhere near his power level, at best they were as powerful as Leo. With the exception of MAYBE Terra.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@floopay said:
@rukelnikovftw said:

General Leo was powerful, but Kefka could channel magicite by then IIRC and a lot of it. By then Leo was well beneath his power level. The power of the triad gave him an exponential boost from there.

And again, nobody in the final party was anywhere near his power level, at best they were as powerful as Leo. With the exception of MAYBE Terra.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I agree completely, terra was also below him, but was the closest one.

jayman1999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jayman1999

Kefka, but god kefka stomps

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Etrigan should win pretty easily, but this is a cool battle.