• 67 results
Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
#51 Posted by ShepardOakenPrime (1166 posts) - - Show Bio

@vengefulshot: At the very beginning her arms are out and her leg goes up. It's definitely not one of the most instant attacks shown by her or any bender. The most instant attack is when firebenders just punch and a fire projectile is made in almost no time. Like I said, I guess it all depends how far away they are.

#52 Posted by vengefulshot (2157 posts) - - Show Bio

@shepardoakenprime: Missed that because it went by so quickly. Still only takes half a second which should be enough time depending on distance. True, the offensive part takes more time, but that's the beauty of this move over her other wave moves. It's so versatile that it's a defensive and offensive move at the same time.

If the starting distance is too small, then she simply iceboards away to a more favorable position and starts the move. That's the problem with this environment, Katara has so much mobility on this surface that she will almost always be able to outmaneuver them.

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
#53 Edited by ShepardOakenPrime (1166 posts) - - Show Bio

@vengefulshot: If she does the move in the beginning of the fight she isn't going to survive, if she finds a nice spot first then agreed that tips the fight to her favor. I just disagree she would spend the time to do so especially out of 10 scenarios.

#54 Posted by Cs1013 (76 posts) - - Show Bio
#55 Posted by vengefulshot (2157 posts) - - Show Bio

@cs1013: Yes, this environment is gross for master waterbenders. Azula is lacking her best agility feats when restricted to season 2 which she absolutely needs to deal with the aoe and season 2 Zuko is not a huge threat to EOS Katara regardless of environment imo. Katara needs to not to let them flank her, and as long as she's paying attention, they wont.

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
#56 Edited by GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps (2645 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd give it to the duo, whilst the environment definitely favours Katara, I think the firebenders have the physicals and bending prowess to overwhelm her, but I can see an argument for Katara.

Edit: Just realised morals off, then definitely Katara, Bloodbend GG.

#57 Posted by DarthExitium (28 posts) - - Show Bio

while normally this is a tough fight, Katara does have the advantage of EVERYTHING in the environment they are in is made of water, the duo does have overwhelming fire attacks, but we are forgetting one thing... season 3 Katara Morals off..... Her morals are off.... She knows blood bending in season 3...

#58 Posted by Alsimmons77 (1628 posts) - - Show Bio

Edit: Just realised morals off, then definitely Katara, Bloodbend GG.

. season 3 Katara Morals off..... Her morals are off.... She knows blood bending in season 3...

No Caption Provided

The OP even mentioned daylight, so no full moon.

#59 Posted by Alsimmons77 (1628 posts) - - Show Bio

The north pole don't makes Katara faster, so she dies in the crossfire.

#60 Edited by thebuckaronatr (1830 posts) - - Show Bio

Katara would put up a fight because of the North Pole but Azula and Zuko would eventually overwhelm her. Morals off means Azula would not screw around and Zuko would not hold back, for Katara would it be more helpful with a Full Moon to ensure that she would use Bloodbending.

#61 Posted by Wrathofthebrad (923 posts) - - Show Bio

Siblings solidly, except Azula jobs again.

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
#62 Edited by GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps (2645 posts) - - Show Bio

@alsimmons77: What you saw was a post by a scrub who only finished Avatar a month a go lol.

In any case, was it a full moon when Katara bloodbended that general guy in her revenge episode? IIRC I don't think it was but I may be wrong.

#63 Posted by vengefulshot (2157 posts) - - Show Bio
#64 Edited by Alsimmons77 (1628 posts) - - Show Bio

@gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps said:

@alsimmons77: What you saw was a post by a scrub who only finished Avatar a month a go lol.

In any case, was it a full moon when Katara bloodbended that general guy in her revenge episode? IIRC I don't think it was but I may be wrong.

Aha interessting, always good to get (hopefully?)new Avatar fans :D

Yes there was and Korra anyways confirmed it basically.

#65 Posted by Cs1013 (76 posts) - - Show Bio

@vengefulshot: I don't know, I just feel like people are downplaying Zuko not giving Azula much credit

#66 Posted by vengefulshot (2157 posts) - - Show Bio

@cs1013: TBH Zuko never impressed me all that much, and he doesn't have access to post dragon showings or comic showings where the vast majority of his high end feats are and whilst Azula is good, a lot of her versatility comes from feats after season 2 and 3. She has no usable lightning here, no explosive fireballs, her agility isn't as good as it is later. Some of her best raw power showings are in season 2 but that's about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
#67 Posted by deactivated-5c830d4e319e6 (4952 posts) - - Show Bio

Duo stomps.