Katara VS Pakku

• 49 results
petite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've always wondered what would happen if end of series Katara faced Pakku. The only time they fought was when Katara had absolutely no formal training whatsoever (minus learning one basic move from a scroll), but even then she managed to hold her own. So how would she do as a master waterbender?

Round 1

Rules: No full moon, morals on

Round 2

Rules: Full moon, bloodlusted

KidPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1) Katara became a waterbending master at The End of book 3, with Alot more feats. She wins Mid-High Diff

R2) Bloodbending Hax Katara says hi

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

R1) Katara became a waterbending master at The End of book 3, with Alot more feats. She wins Mid-High Diff

I agree with this.

I feel like Pakku and Jeong Jeong never quite really lived up to their respective hypes.

KidPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu:

Jeong Jeong needs more screentime (he had the least of it), he really does seem pretty strong.

petite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidphillip said:

If Katara could break free from Hama's bloodbending, I'm pretty sure Pakku could do the same.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@shiryu:

Jeong Jeong needs more screentime (he had the least of it), he really does seem pretty strong.

Yeah, and what I liked about him is that even though he lacked the typically offensively-devastating techniques of Firebending, his defense and other creative abilities made up for it.

KidPhillip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petite:

He's never experienced it before.

By the time he finds out how to resist it his neck will be snapped.

Hama was basically forcing her to bloodbend, if she really wanted too, she could've killed her.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Pakku wins both rohnds unless katara bloodbends

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katara has superior feats and should take him despite his hype and status.

She takes round 1 extreme dif and a waterspout is not saving Pakku from a bloodlusted full moon Katara in round 2.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And she can flat out deflect even his stronger attacks with her hand.

No Caption Provided

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 anthp2000  Moderator

Pakku was considered one of the best if not the best waterbender in the world. I can just as easily argue the same thing for Katara since Sokka said so in N&S.

I am not good at judging people from hype and feats >> hype unless the argument is ludicrously ridiculous. So yeah, Katara > Pakku.

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katara wins round one high dif.

She stomps R2. Bloodbending isn't restricted, and even if she can't figure out a way to instantly kill him with it, she can keep ragdolling and slamming him before he figures out how to resist it (assuming he's strong enough to do so).

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well as of the new comics Pakku quite literally confirms Katara as his superior.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Pakku seemed kinda lame compared to the other White Lotus masters anyway.

RonnyLamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vengefulshot: how is she stronger then him large tidal waves fighting Sozin Comet enhanced firebenders

Water spout exploded it and threw ice bullets in the air and sliced steel tanks

RonnyLamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vengefulshot:

He said she had the finest waterbender master in the world and she is one of the greatest waterbenders

RonnyLamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vengefulshot: @vengefulshot:

The first one is when she's in the ocean he is in the North Pole

He did large tidal wave minimum water fighting Sozin Comet enhanced firebenders and they were burning down the forest from the air

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vengefulshot

@ronnylamar: Katara blocking Azulas lightning under the comet with also limited water is superior to anything Pakku has ever done and that's not even her best feat.

Unless you want to argue cannon fodder comet fire>Azulas comet lightning.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Katara mid difficulty

R2: Bloodbending GG

Avatar image for deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c
deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vengefulshot: To be fair, fire can evaporate water more easily than lightning can,in Avatar since the part of the lightning's energy is dissipated via conduction.

That being said, Katara taking down insane Comet Azula with limited water is far better than Pakku being left helpless by a single Comet-enhanced fodder firebender.

As for the fight, Katara wins both rounds, with round 2 being a one shot.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mialthefencer: In terms of real world physics that's not correct as lightning would increase the temperature of water up to 20,000 degrees Celsius resulting in an explosion (which is what happened) , and in terms of avatar physics its hard to say, I'd argue that fire is more easily extinguished and contained by water than lightning.

Agree with the rest.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katara both rounds. She doesn't even need bloodbending in R2 to win.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mialthefencer: In terms of real world physics that's not correct as lightning would increase the temperature of water up to 20,000 degrees Celsius resulting in an explosion (which is what happened) , and in terms of avatar physics its hard to say, I'd argue that fire is more easily extinguished and contained by water than lightning.

Agree with the rest.

I know the real world physics doesn't work. but lightning in avatar doesn't seem to be as good at evaporating water as fire is:

No Caption Provided

Mako's killing shot on Ming Hua didn't evaporate any water, despite being powerful enough to kill Ming.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mialthefencer: That's fair, it's quite annoying that the consistency isn't maintained. Like Azula's lightning in the comics didn't conduct, it just exploded water too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mialthefencer: That's fair, it's quite annoying that the consistency isn't maintained. Like Azula's lightning in the comics didn't conduct, it just exploded water too.

Yeah, Avatar physics aren't always consistent (see metal vs fire as well for another annoying example).

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 anthp2000  Moderator

Pakku seemed kinda lame compared to the other White Lotus masters anyway.

This is such an old comment but I laughed.

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mialthefencer: @vengefulshot: But it could be because of the potency,mako's lightning is like an electric shock/blast, it only killed Ming because it was able to touch her vitals , azulas comet amped lightning /normal lightning is like an actual lightning , that's why it explodes on contact with any other surface. Just goes to show how charging/ raw power is important. I think the physics there is just fine.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:

Yep, basically this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr said:

@mialthefencer: @vengefulshot: But it could be because of the potency,mako's lightning is like an electric shock/blast, it only killed Ming because it was able to touch her vitals , azulas comet amped lightning /normal lightning is like an actual lightning , that's why it explodes on contact with any other surface. Just goes to show how charging/ raw power is important. I think the physics there is just fine.

See, that might work if it weren't for the comics:

No Caption Provided

Azula's instant lightning is concussive rather than conductive, despite being weaker than Mako's.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 anthp2000  Moderator

@mialthefencer:

Azula's instant lightning is concussive rather than conductive, despite being weaker than Mako's.

What?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Compare Azula's instant lightning in the comic panel I posted to Mako's instant lightning against Ming Hua. Mako's doesn't disturb the surface of the water and spreads through it, while Azula's creates a splash and doesn't spread through it.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

I just read the entire conversation above. I don't know what people see as an ''inconsistency'', but lightning generation seems to have a similar effect on water no matter the user.

• Azula vaporized Katara's waterbending under Sozin's Comet. That could have been Pakku or Kya or any other waterbender and the effect would be the same. A thick enough water shield is going to stop a bolt of lightning from reaching the waterbender behind it regardless. It just caused a larger explosion because it was performed under the Comet, so that's still a noteworthy part in terms of power.
  • Mako's lightning very clearly vaporized every last one of Ming Hua's water arms. We see the drops disappearing rather than falling back into the water.
  • Azula's lightning bolt on the first issue of The Search raised a large wave of water, and caused a rain. The scan above is from the second issue, but it can simply be attributed to a weaker attack.

In all those sequences the bolts conducted the water. I'm not seeing the issue here.

@mialthefencer

Compare Azula's instant lightning in the comic panel I posted to Mako's instant lightning against Ming Hua. Mako's doesn't disturb the surface of the water and spreads through it, while Azula's creates a splash and doesn't spread through it.

Based on what didn't Azula's bolt spread through the water? All we see is the disturbance because of the force, but I'm not sure what you needed as evidence that it spread through. The only way you could tell Mako's lightning spread through the lake in the other scene you mentioned is from Ming Hua being in it and getting electrocuted.

And to cover that, we saw the 'explosive' part of his bolt when it evaporated Ming Hua's arms. I guess you can attribte lack of this effect on the lake itself to a stylistic choice since it wouldn't offer anything to the scene, but it's not questionable.

PrinceRj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deactivated-5a08a02678f1f: he fought sozin comet enhanced fire 🔥 benders and sliced steel tank and large water spout and exploded it to hit multiple fire benders and avatar extras+ avatar creators said he was the greatest waterbender in his era and they said water benders from all over came to train under him

PrinceRj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: @deactivated-5a08a02678f1f: he fought sozin comet enhanced fire 🔥 benders and sliced steel tank and large water spout and exploded it to hit multiple fire benders and avatar extras+ avatar creators said he was the greatest waterbender in his era and they said water benders from all over came to train under him

They said she later surpassed him later In life when she had kids

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princerj said:

@aystarr: @deactivated-5a08a02678f1f: he fought sozin comet enhanced fire 🔥 benders and sliced steel tank and large water spout and exploded it to hit multiple fire benders and avatar extras+ avatar creators said he was the greatest waterbender in his era and they said water benders from all over came to train under him

They said she later surpassed him later In life when she had kids

no, she surpassed him in the series, even before the finale. None of his attacks has matched katara's scale, he doesn't even begin to come close to her when it comes to display of skill and katara has not only more versatility but more sunbbendings than he has, katara had also made the waterspout on multiple occasions, has the better physicals and better mobility options. She is a clear superior, it's not even that close.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Aystarr

@vengefulshot: how is she stronger then him large tidal waves fighting Sozin Comet enhanced firebenders

Water spout exploded it and threw ice bullets in the air and sliced steel tanks

katara literally has more powerful feats than that, I'd like to see him block comet lightning or completely halter a combustion blast with an entire lake. Katara has also cut steel on multiple occasions. Katara has better ice precision and forever capable of pushing someone frets back.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Round 1 - Katara high difficulty
  • Round 2 - Either Katara bloodbends and wins without trouble or she takes it high difficulty again.
PrinceRj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: talk facts fan boyyyy avatar creators and avatar wiki said everything I told you I back up my statements by facts you are a fan boy of katara

She didn't block comet lightning stupid rewatch the show dumb ass she moved out of the way and out smarted azula who was insane and crazy and froze her and trapped her duh she has more feats stupid he was on 3 episodes Zuko and Azula has more feats then Iroh Katara used the full moon 🌝 to do her most impressive feats and was on a ocean plus when she did the rain 🌧️ some rain increases waterbenders power like the full moon dumb ass don't comment back you need to watch the show

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princerj said:

@aystarr: talk facts fan boyyyy avatar creators and avatar wiki said everything I told you I back up my statements by facts you are a fan boy of katara

She didn't block comet lightning stupid rewatch the show dumb ass she moved out of the way and out smarted azula who was insane and crazy and froze her and trapped her duh she has more feats stupid he was on 3 episodes Zuko and Azula has more feats then Iroh Katara used the full moon 🌝 to do her most impressive feats and was on a ocean plus when she did the rain 🌧️ some rain increases waterbenders power like the full moon dumb ass don't comment back you need to watch the show

Who's the dumbass now? 🤡
Who's the dumbass now? 🤡
Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princerj: Waterbenders power don't get amped by the rain. Where the hell did you hear that from?, yeah I think you're the one who needs a rewatch.

PrinceRj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: , a waterbender's power is stronger at night, at its absolute zenith during a full moon, and lost during a lunar eclipse. A waterbender's power is also enhanced during the rain, for obvious reasons.

Read avatar wiki

Read avatar creators interviews watch avatar videos by Antonie bandele and airspeed prime and watch avatar videos on YouTube my guy your wrong

PrinceRj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: @aystarr: , avatar wiki said they get a amp increase in powers during rain you need to read avatar wiki

She had kids 25-30 that's when she was the greatest waterbender in the world

Sometime after the Harmony Restoration Movement, Katara married Aang and gave birth to three children: Bumi, a nonbender who gained the ability to airbend later in life; Kya, a waterbender; and Tenzin, who was born an airbender like his father.[35] Katara continued to develop her skills in waterbending, eventually becoming a leading expert in its various styles and respective skills and techniques, as well as being regarded as the greatest master and healer in the world

Everything I told you I'd backed up by avatar wiki

Avatar extras created by avatar creators said this

Pakku is considered the best waterbender in the world.

Pakku was a Northern-style waterbending master and instructor who possessed immense skill and power, and was once regarded as the best waterbender in the world.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Aystarr

@princerj:

, a waterbender's power is stronger at night, at its absolute zenith during a full moon, and lost during a lunar eclipse. A waterbender's power is also enhanced during the rain, for obvious reasons.

A waterbenders power is not increased in the rain, they just have more water to use, it's common sense. They don't get any amp or power-up during the rain.

everything katara did in the rain was her own power and ability, she was not aided by anything.

Read avatar creators interviews watch avatar videos by Antonie bandele and airspeed prime and watch avatar videos on YouTube my guy your wrong

I've done all that. Nothing concerns me with what Antonie bandele says as they (and he himself as stated) are his opinions, if you take those things as facts then I'm sorry but you're clearly not as versed as you think.

@anthp2000: Can you finally see where my frustration comes from?, lol.

Pakku was a Northern-style waterbending master and instructor who possessed immense skill and power, and was once regarded as the best waterbender in the world.

Pakku himself had admitted that katara was better than him In the comics. And this is shortly after the series ending.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 anthp2000  Moderator
PrinceRj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: buy Katara fan boy I'm done he said possible the greatest in the world you do know what possibly means and I doubt he included himself considering next sentence he said she has the greatest waterbender master in the world

He was the greatest in his era she was the greatest her era not that deep everyone surpass their master Zuko and Azula surpassed Iroh later in life too don't respond back to me okay

Lamario22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatar_geek: He said Possibly that means maybe and the finest we don't know if that means most skilled, most talented or strongest,or greatest

And I doubt he included himself and it's Ludacris to think she'd beat him easily that's like Toph beating Bumi easily

Lamario22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deactivated-5a08a02678f1f: they do you bias asf Iroh doesn't live up to his hype

Jeong Jeong has the largest non sozin comet blast

Katara never did a water spout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lamario22: Katara never did a water spout

She did in the comics.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points