Katara vs. Iceman (All New X-Men version)

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By geekryan
Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Mismatch. She can't do a damn thing to Bobby and he either kills or BFR's her.

Prezilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Iceman godstomps. complete mismatch

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PyroFN  Online

The one way I can see her winning is if she keeps heating up the ice surrounding him, much like how Firestar overwhelmed Bobby in the X-Men: Blue Secret Wars tie-in.

Other than that, it is very unlikely she will win. :/

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Iceman.

Prezilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

The one way I can see her winning is if she keeps heating up the ice surrounding him, much like how Firestar overwhelmed Bobby in the X-Men: Blue Secret Wars tie-in.

Other than that, it is very unlikely she will win. :/

Bobby can just freeze her and his surroundings to "absolute zero" temperature before anything she does has any effect.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think you guys are giving Katara enough credit. Anything Iceman throws at her, she can counter & deflect. And in this version, he's still young and not as powerful as his 616 counterpart. If he goes into ice form, why wouldn't Katara be able to manipulate him?

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PyroFN  Online

@prezilla: She has been frozen before, and she was capable of raising the temperature around her to move around and keep Azula frozen, ergo freezing her isn't the end of the match. Like I said, the only chance she really had is to keep raising the temperatures, negating his powers as much as she can while fighting him simultaneously, but the more I think about it, the less Bobby has a chance. She is bloodlusted, he has morals, negating the lowering the temperatures argument to at least "in an emergency plan". Not to mention this version of Bobby is vastly inexperienced, losing to the likes of Firestar in X-Men: Blue. It's not a clear win for him at all in any sense. Kataras overall experience actually gives her more of an edge, especially bloodlusted. She has the option of blood bending or just manipulating his body period. I wasn't giving it to Katara, but the more I think about it, the more it seems to land in Katara favor.

Omega level does not equal a win button.

JackKira89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

without a blood bending she is iced.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Amendment50

Would bloodbending work? Does Bobby have blood?

I mean the dude is made of ice so I would have assumed waterbending on him would basically be the equivalent of bloodbending on most opponents.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also how powerful is this version of Iceman? What are his feats?

Avatar image for shepardoakenprime
ShepardOakenPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Katara way more than Bobby but I don't think she can hurt him let alone control his ice form.

Prezilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@prezilla: She has been frozen before, and she was capable of raising the temperature around her to move around and keep Azula frozen, ergo freezing her isn't the end of the match. Like I said, the only chance she really had is to keep raising the temperatures, negating his powers as much as she can while fighting him simultaneously, but the more I think about it, the less Bobby has a chance. She is bloodlusted, he has morals, negating the lowering the temperatures argument to at least "in an emergency plan". Not to mention this version of Bobby is vastly inexperienced, losing to the likes of Firestar in X-Men: Blue. It's not a clear win for him at all in any sense. Kataras overall experience actually gives her more of an edge, especially bloodlusted. She has the option of blood bending or just manipulating his body period. I wasn't giving it to Katara, but the more I think about it, the more it seems to land in Katara favor.

Omega level does not equal a win button.

she was NEVER frozen in absolute zero degrees..

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PyroFN  Online

@prezilla: And what makes you think that she would be submerged in absolute zero? Not only can she control the temperatures of water, but Bobby at this stage is not as skilled as his older variant.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PyroFN  Online

@amendment50: He has made ice clones and hulks of himself, as well as turned himself into an ice Hulk. Other than that, he does what you'd expect your run of the mill Iceman who holds back to do. He is an inexperienced version, a reason I no longer see him winning. Seriously, he was tooken down by Firestar recently from the Secret Wars tie-in of X-Men Blue #7, arguably holding back, by virtue of her dialogue.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any other thoughts?