• 120 results
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By _Sojourn_

Okay there is a full moon out and Sozin's comet is passing by. 

Katarra is in the woods where there has been recent downpours, and Azula has no weapons 
neither does Katara.. who wins???
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Korg

Katara. Bloodbending is pretty much the most powerful trump card in the Avatar world, aside from permanently taking away someone's bending. Azula can't use all that extra power if she can't move.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

With a full moon and the motivation to bloodbend ther eis no one short of the Avatar that is going to beat Katara. 

Azula can't bend if her limbs are under Katara's control.
Avatar image for victoriagrey_2010
VictoriaGrey_2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By VictoriaGrey_2010

As much as I hate to say it, if Katara was able to blood bend in this fight, Azula would lose. :(
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By _Sojourn_

There is a good chance that Azula could break free of the bloodbend hold, but I am going to say that Katara wins this, purely on the basis that she almost beat Azula once, if not for interfance from Zuko, she would have won
VictoriaGrey_2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By VictoriaGrey_2010

I agree, I still think Azula would kick ass if Katara couldnt bloodbend, and the both of them were at their strongest.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Korg
@Slight said:
" There is a good chance that Azula could break free of the bloodbend hold, "
I'd say there's no chance, since no on ever managed to do this in the entire series.
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By _Sojourn_

except Katara...
VictoriaGrey_2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By VictoriaGrey_2010

lol correct, but like I said, if there was no Blood bending, Azula would win this fight
Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Power NeXus
@Slight said:
"except Katara... "

Katara resisted bloodbending because she too was a waterbender. She exerted more control over herself than the old lady did. Azula is not a waterbender, so she has no way of resisting bloodbending.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Korg said:
" @Slight said:
" There is a good chance that Azula could break free of the bloodbend hold, "
I'd say there's no chance, since no on ever managed to do this in the entire series. "

Except Katara, if we are talking about bloodbending in general. If we are talking purely about Katara's bloodbending then you are correct.
_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By _Sojourn_

I don't think so...I mean...they would still be on equal level because of the boosts...Katara has come too close to beating Azula, and I don't see how Azula would win in this fight...It just doesn't seem likley
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Slight:
That is one fight. I don't think you can base your entire argument on that one fight. Katara has little to no defense against lightning so if she can't bloodbend she could be in serious trouble.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Korg
@Slight said:
" except Katara... "
Yeah, Katara overpowering an old woman's waterbending is one thing. She's an enormously powerful waterbender herself.  Azula just breaking free of her own will is another thing entirely.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Korg:
I agreed, just pointing out that Katara is the only person to ever overcome bloodbending, and that was simply because she was a stronger waterbenderand Hama pissed her off, though for her age Hama was pretty powerful.
VictoriaGrey_2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lunacyde:

Yes, yes, yes, and it may have looked like Katara would have won, but in the fight at Ba Sing Sa, Katara had Azula's right hand and left leg, Azula, (being as smart and as powerful as she was) would have most likley figured out another way to break free, mostlikley by using her other leg, plus, Katara covered her ARMS with water, and Azula is able to bend lightning, right, well what happens when lightning hits water, it takes control over the water, lol, and in this case would have mostlikey paralyzed the water, and Katara.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@VictoriaGrey_2010:
Well, to generate lightning fire benders have to be able to move thier arms. Also lightning does not control water, water is merely a good conductor of electricity and as such lightning and electric is attracted to it.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Korg
@Lunacyde said:
" @Korg: I agreed, just pointing out that Katara is the only person to ever overcome bloodbending, and that was simply because she was a stronger waterbenderand Hama pissed her off, though for her age Hama was pretty powerful. "
I was responding to Slight, we're on the same page.
VictoriaGrey_2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol> I didn't literally mean that it take control of the water, I mean, once lightning hit water, the water holds the lightning, (in a way) so when anything touches the water, it stills feels the lightning in a way, at least to a lower extent

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@VictoriaGrey_2010:
I knew what you meant, but the way you wrote it wasn't very clear :) Just pointing out that in that situation she couldn't have create lightning since her arms were bound.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Korg:
I hadn't realized Slight said that before I did.
VictoriaGrey_2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol, thank you for the correction :) 
But don't forget what I said about the extra leg, I am sure Azula would have used it sooner or later.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@VictoriaGrey_2010:
Yes, a dozen things COULD have happened. It's a fight, and both sides are constantly in action. Azula may have used her other leg to break free, or Katara may have gotten the other leg as well, it's impossible to tell what would have happened if Zuko hadn't freed her.
VictoriaGrey_2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lunacyde:

But the Fact of the matter is that Zuko did, and in the end Azula got what she wanted like always,lol, but back to the thread, lol, please? :)
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

I've already stated that under these circumstances Katara wins :)
VictoriaGrey_2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmm, 
Fine, lol, Katara wins
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#27  Edited By Strafe Prower

Katara wins with or without bloodbending.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Korg
@Strafe Prower said:
" Katara wins with or without bloodbending. "
Do you think she could counteract lightning?
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Strafe Prower
@Korg said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
" Katara wins with or without bloodbending. "
Do you think she could counteract lightning? "

Her Ice sheilds should be enough to block it. Also she did this in the show once and beat Azula. 

After Zuko jumps in front of lighting like an idiot, Katara blocks it herself. she then beats her in a long fight.
Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Korg
@Strafe Prower said:
"Her Ice sheilds should be enough to block it. Also she did this in the show once and beat Azula. 

After Zuko jumps in front of lighting like an idiot, Katara blocks it herself. she then beats her in a long fight. "
It's hard to tell, but it seems like Katara just dodges the lightning. It's been a while since I saw the episode, and it's hard to tell from that video due to the quality and Azula's fire also being blue. It's obvious she could counteract it though, since she can dodge it. I don't know if ice would be enough to block the lightning and still leave her able to counterattack quickly enough. Dodging > blocking, IMO though, so it doesn't really matter.
Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Strafe Prower
@Korg said:
" @Strafe Prower said:
"Her Ice sheilds should be enough to block it. Also she did this in the show once and beat Azula. 

After Zuko jumps in front of lighting like an idiot, Katara blocks it herself. she then beats her in a long fight. "
It's hard to tell, but it seems like Katara just dodges the lightning. It's been a while since I saw the episode, and it's hard to tell from that video due to the quality and Azula's fire also being blue. It's obvious she could counteract it though, since she can dodge it. I don't know if ice would be enough to block the lightning and still leave her able to counterattack quickly enough. Dodging > blocking, IMO though, so it doesn't really matter. "

Meh its not important lol. We come to an agreement.
VictoriaGrey_2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol
VictoriaGrey_2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still think that Katara loses this fight. Yes in this fight katara wins because Azuala is some wht going crazy. If Azula was sane, I thing she would have won this battle easily. Now if Katara was abile to blood bend, I think Katara won win, no questions asked, but the fact is that in this fight Azula was NOT at the top of her game.
Zaterra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Zaterra

Azura

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FLCL1

katara quite easily

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By reactor

Waterbender + Full Moon + Bloodbending Skill = Instant hax-win.

Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37  Edited By Belladonna

Stalemate.

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By FLCL1
@Charmix said:
" Stalemate. "
how?
Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Belladonna
@FLCL1 said:
" @Charmix said:
" Stalemate. "
how? "
With both of their level at high peak or not, I say their evenly match.
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By FLCL1
@Charmix said:
" @FLCL1 said:
" @Charmix said:
" Stalemate. "
how? "
With both of their level at high peak or not, I say their evenly match. "
not really 

katara has a biological advantage here
Belladonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Belladonna
@FLCL1 said:
" @Charmix said:
" @FLCL1 said:
" @Charmix said:
" Stalemate. "
how? "
With both of their level at high peak or not, I say their evenly match. "
not really  katara has a biological advantage here "
Does this battle have a full moon? :O
If so then she has the advantage, same goes for a comet.
VictoriaGrey_2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok, i will agree that this is an even match. Nothing more nothing less. (I Guess) :P

Red_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Red_Blade

Eh I don't know
Some would say Katara because she technically beat Azula, but to be fair she was a bit nuts at the time

Water douses fire
Fire evaporates Water

Since their is a moon out I guess she could blood bend

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#44  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Red_Blade: It's out of character for her to blood bend. If Azula is at her best then I think I'll give it to her after a long fight.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Red_Blade:
Like I've already said if she bloodbends Katara wins, if not Azula wins more often than not.
Red_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Red_Blade

She did blood bending on that one soldier when she and Zuko went after her moms killer. I don't think she will use blood bending to kill Azula, but to immobilize her, that's a possibility

VictoriaGrey_2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally you get where i am coming from when I say that Azula would have a much more bigger chance of winning this fight, as long as she is completely sane, and Katara cant blood-bend. The only reason for Katara's victory for the fight in Ba Sing Say was because Katara got really lucky, and because Azula was becoming a nut bag. If Zuko wasn't there to have save Katara from the lighting, Katara would have been toast in the beginning of the fight, hands down. Like I said before, Azula was once able to defend herself against ALL FOUR elements, and that was including Katara's water-bending. Not to mention that the comet is there which makes Azula's fire-bending all the more marrier, including Katara's water-bending. I personally think that Azula wins, but I will settle on them being evenly matched. 

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48  Edited By MrDirector786

In a normal fight, with no advantage, I'd say Katara after a good fight since she would have won in their fight at Ba Sing Se if it wasn't for Zuko. But this is a fight with Katara powered up by the full moon and Azula with Sozin's comet powering her up. With the full moon, Katara can bloodbend, and Sozin's comet makes Azula about 100 times more powerful since I remember Ozai described their power under the comet as being the power of 100 suns, though he might have been exaggerating. I know Katara defeated Azula under Sozin's comet but she was insane during that battle. Anyway, I say Katara can win this fight if she decides to bloodbend in time. Otherwise, Azula's firebending will be too much for her.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@MrDirector786 said:
"In a normal fight, with no advantage, I'd say Katara after a good fight since she would have won in their fight at Ba Sing Se if it wasn't for Zuko. But this is a fight with Katara powered up by the full moon and Azula with Sozin's comet powering her up. With the full moon, Katara can bloodbend, and Sozin's comet makes Azula about 100 times more powerful since I remember Ozai described their power under the comet as being the power of 100 suns, though he might have been exaggerating. I know Katara defeated Azula under Sozin's comet but she was insane during that battle. Anyway, I say Katara can win this fight if she decides to bloodbend in time. Otherwise, Azula's firebending will be too much for her. "

Pretty much what the consensus is.
VictoriaGrey_2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MrDirector786 said:
"In a normal fight, with no advantage, I'd say Katara after a good fight since she would have won in their fight at Ba Sing Se if it wasn't for Zuko. But this is a fight with Katara powered up by the full moon and Azula with Sozin's comet powering her up. With the full moon, Katara can bloodbend, and Sozin's comet makes Azula about 100 times more powerful since I remember Ozai described their power under the comet as being the power of 100 suns, though he might have been exaggerating. I know Katara defeated Azula under Sozin's comet but she was insane during that battle. Anyway, I say Katara can win this fight if she decides to bloodbend in time. Otherwise, Azula's firebending will be too much for her. "

I agree.