Katara Vs Aang

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Morals: On

Starting Distance: 20 feet and katara starts by the water in all rounds.

Round 1- Book 1 Katara Vs Book 1 Aang

Round 2- Book 2 Katara Vs Book 2 Aang

Round 3- Book 3 Katara Vs Book 3 Aang

*For each round it is Aang and Katara at the end of the season*

Earendill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Aang stomps.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang all 3 rounds.Just better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc57690a1c7d
deactivated-5bc57690a1c7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang all 3.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

I'll assume the Avatar State is restricted.

Aang takes R1, Katara was too inexperienced and untrained.

Katara takes R2, solidly. Even in a more neutral location, morals would affect Aang a lot against the person he loves the most, while Katara tends to be more serious from the get-go and has non-lethal options to use as well.

I'd back Katara R3 as well, even with bloodlust on, solely because if the location. She can throw titanic waves at him and flash freeze him, or jump into the ocean and make it completely one sided. Aang's only hope is super speed, but waterbending with such water sources are even more dangerous than that IMO. With morals on, she definitely wins, even though he got more serious by the end of the series.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
deactivated-5bb52f8f25413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Aang stomps

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Itachus17

Aang all rounds, at least if he's halfway serious(but this fight would be pointless if we assume that he's not and just jobs like crazy cause he fights Katara).

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itachus17: iirc in book 2 aang was getting stomped by zuko and azula. while Katara stalemated Zuko, And was about to beat azula until Zuko saved her. Katara only got knocked back after Zuko and azula both attacked her at once. Not saying who wins because this is my thread just wondering why u chose aang for every round. Plus Katara has a much larger water source in this battle.

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Itachus17

@emmafrostxmen:

iirc in book 2 aang was getting stomped by zuko and azula.

Nope only by Azula, Zuko was just doing well in the catacombs but Aang almost refused to fight back at the start.

while Katara stalemated Zuko

True, but Aang would have beaten Zuko without screwing around that much.

And was about to beat azula until Zuko saved her.

That's theoretically true, but practically was that the worst jobbing we ever saw from Azula(she didn't attack, not even dodged later on and forgot techniques she used literally just minutes beforehand, even Crazula later on wasn't such a bad fighter). Aang would have easily beaten/avoided that Azula, alone the fact that Zuko stalemeted Katara right after that(while Azula just came to her senses and overpowered Aang) showed already how inconsistent that fight was.

Katara only got knocked back after Zuko and azula both attacked her at once.

Nope, it was just an attack from Azula alone(which would have already worked in several moments of their encounter beforehand if Azula would have just fight like always to be honest), but to be fair Katara was distracted by Zuko in that moment.

Not saying who wins because this is my thread just wondering why u chose aang for every round. Plus Katara has a much larger water source in this battle.

Speed, agility and versatility(one of Katara's biggest strengths, but Aang has more after B1), outside of her fight with jobbing Azula showed Katara simply not the speed and agility to deal with a halfway serious Aang. Katara became pretty strong after B1, but Aang has just too many advantages in a serious fight.

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: You forgot to tag me.

Later in the fight Zuko knocked back aang aswell aang didn’t beat Zuko And Zuko didn’t beat aang. There was no winner.

I know.

I honestly think it would take aang much longer to defeat zuko becayse aang cobstsntly jobbs in fights (its in his character). Katara doesn’t mess around like aang does.

Not if Aang is serious enough, also was Katara clearly not beating Zuko there.

No I just think that Katara is a perfect counter for azula.

Cause Katara has a special aura(like Bat-God) that suddenly turns Azula into a jobber?

Katara can take Azulas fire than dish back just as much water.

No, like mentioned Azula just forgot techniques she used literally minutes beforehand. That's what Azula did right before her 1on1 encounter with Katara(she just instantly vaporized a much bigger amount of water from Katara):

No Caption Provided

Azulas relized more on offense and agility

Azula showed us literally the best unamped fire defense to date(deflected streams of all 4 elements and Sokka's boomerang at once):

No Caption Provided

And being extremely hard to hit/dodgy is anyways a great defense and gives far morecounter-potential.

Zuko only stalemated Katara until Azula beat aang. After Azula beat aang it was zuko and Azula vs Katara which wasn’t fair at all.

Who said that was fair? Zuko still stalemated Katara, which makes zero sense if she could just beat the superior Azula.

(Azula is very offensive, and Katara can do both offense and defense very well so I think Katara is a very good foil to Azula in a battle).

Azula has defenses but barely needs them cause it's extremely hard to effectively hit her in any other fight(and is actually far more evasive than offensive, just Aang dodged even more), Katara is good in offense and defense but that is not nearly enough to turn her into a very good foil to Azula(who fights explicitly not like a typical 08/15 firebender and is also far more versatile than most of them).

zuko attacked Katara with fire and than Azula attacked right after him so she had no way to properly defend herself and she got overwhelmed and she was knocked back into a crystal.

Uhm Katara actually even tried to defend herself and that attack vaporized parts of her water

No Caption Provided

Yes aang is very agile but Katara doesn’t need to be. If she just keeps to the ocean she will be safer anyways.

Aang can especially in B3 control the ocean too and having less agility, let alone being slower stay crucial disadvantages.

If she stays in the water she could just send tidal waves and ice spikes his way. (I Know he can dodge her attacks at least until he gets tired).

And Aang can just block most of them in the relevant rounds besides dodging them, while Katara has a much harder time to react to the in all rounds faster Aang.

I think in books 2 and 3 Katara And aang we’re at a similar level of bending skill and power (not counting the avatar state).

Sry but no. Katara was/is without any doubt a better waterbender and more skilled in that regard, but Aang has overall clearly more power and more importantly is much more agile and faster.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Alavanka

Aang all rounds, in a stomp.

Azula was unhinged in the finale, which was why Zuko was getting the best of her. Zuko only lost because Azula fired lightning at Katara, and he had to run to save her. Otherwise, Zuko would have just redirected lightning at her.

Aang would have beaten Ozai by redirecting lightning as well, but he didn't go through with it because it would kill Ozai. Infact, Aang's dilemma in B3 wasn't necessarily that he couldn't beat Ozai, it was that he needed to find a way to beat Ozai without killing him. And Ozai is not only more powerful than Azula, but also wasn't unhinged. Only firebender stronger than Ozai was Iroh by reputation.

Oh, and Tenzin (who obviously took after Aang) would wipe the floor with Kyaa (who obviously takes after Katara). Airbenders are OP. Deal with it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bd6301836e28
deactivated-5bd6301836e28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katara would be a smear on the wall in each round

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itachus17: Later in the fight Zuko knocked back aang aswell aang didn’t beat Zuko And Zuko didn’t beat aang. There was no winner.

I honestly think it would take aang much longer to defeat zuko becayse aang cobstsntly jobbs in fights (its in his character). Katara doesn’t mess around like aang does.

No I just think that Katara is a perfect counter for azula. Katara can take Azulas fire than dish back just as much water. Azulas relized more on offense and agility. Zuko only stalemated Katara until Azula beat aang. After Azula beat aang it was zuko and Azula vs Katara which wasn’t fair at all.

(Azula is very offensive, and Katara can do both offense and defense very well so I think Katara is a very good foil to Azula in a battle).

zuko attacked Katara with fire and than Azula attacked right after him so she had no way to properly defend herself and she got overwhelmed and she was knocked back into a crystal.

Yes aang is very agile but Katara doesn’t need to be. If she just keeps to the ocean she will be safer anyways. If she stays in the water she could just send tidal waves and ice spikes his way. (I Know he can dodge her attacks at least until he gets tired). I think in books 2 and 3 Katara And aang we’re at a similar level of bending skill and power (not counting the avatar state).

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alavanka: Kya wasn’t as good a waterbender as Katara. And tenzin wasn’t as good an air bender as aang. They are not comparable to one another.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang all 3

Snake-White

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang wins all rounds.

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen:

Later in the fight Zuko knocked back aang aswell aang didn’t beat Zuko And Zuko didn’t beat aang. There was no winner.

I still know that.

Katara was still not winning as she didn't mess around(just Aang which is typically for him and Azula, which was obvious PIS were actually messing around).

No I just think that Katara is a perfect counter for azula.

No she clearly isn't if Azula isn't jobbing.

Katara can take Azulas fire than dish back just as much water.

Katara still clearly can't just do that, here what Azula did just minutes beforehand again:

No Caption Provided

Azulas relized more on offense and agility.

Yeah and Katara isn't nearly as fast or agile, so she is obviously not a very good counter.

Zuko only stalemated Katara until Azula beat aang.

Yeah, and?

After Azula beat aang it was zuko and Azula vs Katara which wasn’t fair at all.

And Azula just one shotted her by finally attacking, what are you even trying to say here?

Azula is still more evasive than offensive and has in fact decent defenses but barely needs them, Katara would be just a very good foil if she were comparable to Azula's speed and agility(but that's clearly not the case).

Again that here actually happened, Katara tried but wasn't able to(which is a speed problem and what i mostly talking about here):

No Caption Provided

Yes aang is very agile but Katara doesn’t need to be.

She needs to be at the very least very fast, or she couldn't even tag Aang and can't avoid or defend his hits. Agility alone is already a crucial advantage, but speed even more so.

If she just keeps to the ocean she will be safer anyways.

That makes her neither faster, nor truly more agile in her core movements.

If she stays in the water she could just send tidal waves and ice spikes his way. (I Know he can dodge her attacks at least until he gets tired).

And he could just dodge or block them and attack her with faster attacks of all four elements.

I think in books 2 and 3 Katara And aang we’re at a similar level of bending skill and power (not counting the avatar state).

Still no, her waterbending skills are obviously better but he has skills in three/all four elements and more power.

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20 morpheus_  Moderator

You need to limit Aang for this to be fair. Even though morals on would make this an hilarious fight to see, with both pleading at the other to stop.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang wins all three rounds.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itachus17: Aang was still easily incapacitated before Katara. Azula knocked him down. And zuko also stalemated him.

It was heavily implied that Katara would have beaten Azula if zuko didn’t intervene. If you didn’t understand that by all of azulas grunting than you really need to rewatch the episode.

In nearly every battle Katara is in she uses her bending to increase her agility and speed. (Ex: in her final battle with Azula she created an ice slope thing to make herself faster. Or in the crystal catacombs battle when she created a tidal wave to make herself a lot faster.)

You are heavily underestimating Katara here. I agree she loses round 1 but the next two rounds are very close. Especially because avatar state is restricted and Katara has the entire ocean to bend.

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen:

Aang was still easily incapacitated before Katara. Azula knocked him down. And zuko also stalemated him.

And?

It was heavily implied that Katara would have beaten Azula if zuko didn’t intervene. If you didn’t understand that by all of azulas grunting than you really need to rewatch the episode.

And i now heavily imply that you research the term jobbing and understand why Aang, Zuko and hell maybe even Zhao could also beat Azula with the same amount of PIS, or just actually rewatch the episode and try to ligically explain why Azula suddenly fought worse than at the time as she was actually insane...

In nearly every battle Katara is in she uses her bending to increase her agility and speed. (Ex: in her final battle with Azula she created an ice slope thing to make herself faster. Or in the crystal catacombs battle when she created a tidal wave to make herself a lot faster.)

Katara can't increase her core agility and combat speed with bending, she can just increase her travel speed and replicate higher jumps but that is always telegraphed due to her need to get the water/ice in position first.

You are heavily underestimating Katara here. I agree she loses round 1 but the next two rounds are very close. Especially because avatar state is restricted and Katara has the entire ocean to bend.

No i don't, you are just heavily overestimating her based on a PIS fight with Azula. Katara was the best waterbender in ATLA in the end(at least by actual feats, cause Pakku had not too many), but she is significantly slower than Aang and clearly couldn't blitz Azula without heavy PIS.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itachus17: naaaa I don’t overestimate Katara. Your just wanking aang. Aang has been beaten by way more people than Katara without using the avatar state. Also beating Azula twice(I know she was insane the second time but Azula still stalemated zuko for a while, and the amount of fire she could control was insane) is better than aang has ever done to Azula. Aang has never beaten Azula in the entire series.

You could say he usually jobbs which he does, but that means he will likely job here and lose(in the second or third round)(season 1 Katara can’t do anything to season 1 aang).

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen:

naaaa I don’t overestimate Katara.

Yes you do.

Your just wanking aang.

No i don't.

Aang has been beaten by way more people than Katara without using the avatar state.

Aang was in way more fights than Katara and the strongest enemy usually always targeted him, most of the time without jobbing. If we compare their actual feats and abilities without plot is Aang simply superior(not in waterbending of course, but overall), getting beaten or beat someone is just a feat if we also consider the context.

Also beating Azula twice(I know she was insane the second time but Azula still stalemated zuko for a while, and the amount of fire she could control was insane) is better than aang has ever done to Azula.

Getting the upperhand on jobbing Azula and tricking exhausted Crazula after barely surviving isn't remotely the same as beating someone in a neutral fight, Aang could accomplish the same with plot help(the second time just in a different way though).

Aang has never beaten Azula in the entire series.

Azula never jobbed as much against Aang and was also never insane + exhausted against him in combo with short prep for him(which is what it actually needed the second time).

You could say he usually jobbs which he does, but that means he will likely job here and lose(in the second or third round)(season 1 Katara can’t do anything to season 1 aang).

Aang is in contrary to Azula indeed a notorious jobber(which makes it CIS for him instead of PIS like for her), but in B2/B3 still too fast and agile and especially in B3 too powerful for Katara. Also was this my first answer:

Aang all rounds, at least if he's halfway serious(but this fight would be pointless if we assume that he's not and just jobs like crazy cause he fights Katara).

Wrathofthebrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You need to limit Aang for this to be fair. Even though morals on would make this an hilarious fight to see, with both pleading at the other to stop.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Rewatching the Ozai fight, does Katara have a better waterbending feat than Aang's here?

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@alavanka: Video isn't opening.

I assume you're referring to when he defended against a fire blast from Ozai. We can't assume every fire blast holds the same amount of power, that much is clear. It's probably Aang's most impressive feat of raw water bending power but to me, it doesn't hold a candle to Katara's best.

In The Awakening, when Team Avatar's ship is attacked, Katara created a titanic wave that forced the opposing warship over a thousand feet away. Other showings include flooding an entire factory with 1 tidal wave disguised as the Painted Lady and matching Toph's raw earthbending power - at least in terms of potency.

The only other water bending feat I can think of in this video could be Aang flooding the forest, but that was done under the Avatar State.

Hope_w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On a beach? Katara handily in rounds 2/3, thats just way too much water for any element of his besides Air.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hope_w said:

On a beach? Katara handily in rounds 2/3, thats just way too much water for any element of his besides Air.

This more or less.

She gets stomped in round 1.

Morals on implies that he fights like he did vs Zuko and Azula in the S2 finale which is in no way shape or form good enough to handle Katara with an ocean. Morals off helps him, but also Katara, and she still has an ocean.

Round 3 is the best fight here, I could see Aang taking a few, but not a majority due to location. Too much water.

lilcabbage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ends in sex 3 times , if you get the reference

Itachus17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Itachus17

Still this.

Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
hurricanefunnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aang

TheOriginalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That fight with Zuko and Azula vs Katara and her holding them off is some of the worst writing I have seen. Azula should have wiped the floor with Katara.

Anyway, Aang all rounds as he would go for the knockout and Katara doesn't have impressive durability feats. Also, just because they are by the ocean doesn't mean it won't help Aang, we know Aang is a prodigy when it comes to elements. She does have better feats but that is because that is her only element.

Anyway, his speed and agility is too much for her.

Marishtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round-1: Aang stomps.

Round-2: Katara takes a solid majority.

Round-3: This is a very close one, possibly Aang.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c
deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Aang stomps.

Round 2: Katara consistently, with some difficulty.

Round 3: Probably Aang if he fights as well as he did against Ozai, but Katara could easily win with an entire ocean to play with.

freestyler1999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BigDreamer48

I know I'm late to this, but which elements does Aang have? If he has all four, I see him taking all three rounds due to versatility.

Avatar image for synchronized_123
synchronized_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By synchronized_123

They come to an agreement to set an example for their kids

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Aang for sure, if he actually wants to win

R2: honestly 50/50, Aang’s still stronger and more versatile, but he wasn’t always the most effective fighter (especially at times using earthbending when airbending would have been more effective). Katara was pretty consistently impressive, but doesn’t match some of Aang’s high end stuff

R3: by this point Aang’s earth ending was better and he was using it more effectively. Katara got good feats in book 3 too, like beating Hama and some power moves, but if Aang fights her like he fought Ozai, he can win

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@bigdreamer48: It was supposed to be Aang with all 4 vs Katara win an ocean at her disposal but people love to wank Aang despite him honestly, not being that impressive outside of the avatar state (just being honest)

AshKetchum93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AshKetchum93

R1: Aang could beat her with just air bending even by the S1 finale. She doesn't have enough AoE feats to negate his ridiculous mobility

R2: Honestly by S2 feats, Katara. Aang kinda jobbed in the S2 finale. I assume his focus on earthbending slowed his progression in water bending but the S2 finale was not kind to him. His ability to fight well against Zuko was due to the fact that his natural element (air) is better suited to fighting a firebender. But air isn't as helpful against water and at this point his earthbending isn't good enough to take Katara on a beach. Also noting he doesn't have much experience sandbending. Basically he'd rely on water bending (which katara outclasses him in) and air which isn't as well suited against water as it is fire. Put it somewhere he could better utilize earth and MAYBE that changes things. But on a sandy beach? DEFINITELY Katara

R3: Aang obviously stomps. Against Ozai he had his best bending feats with all 4 elements outside of the Avatar state. I don't know where or how he roided up from but he was massively improved by the end of that season in all elements.

HukO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BigDreamer48

Round 1- Book 1 Katara Vs Book 1 Aang

I'd say Aang. Here, he won't hurt Katara, and her waterbending (although improved) is still not enough to take him on with his agility, airbending, and raw power waterbending.

Round 2- Book 2 Katara Vs Book 2 Aang

Katara might win this one actually. Although Aang is more powerful and versatile, Aang with morals on will not be willing to hurt her. Katara won't hurt him either, but with the beach, she'll have an easier time incapacitating him. She's the superior waterbender by this point too, and I don't see his air countering her large waves. Aang should win, but I can see Katara taking it due to his earthbending in this environment not being great.

Round 3- Book 3 Katara Vs Book 3 Aang

Aang wins. I don't see Katara being able to counter him with all four elements.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round-1: Aang stomps for obvious reasons. Aang 10/10.

Round-2: Katara handily. She's a much improved fighter and Aang's earth bending isn't any great and he more often than not uses earthbending and got his ass handed by almost everyone. Add in Katara having a lot of supply to play with, I'd say Katara takes it 8/10.

Round-3: If Aang cuts loose, I'd say he can take it. But this is an extremely close round. Katara with a huge supply of water is not an easy customer to handle. But Aang's overall quality with Earth increased a lot and he showed some of his best airbending and reaction/agility feats against CM and Ozai. I'd go with Aang in one hell of a fight. Aang 6-7/10.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By vengefulshot

@viking1205 said:

Round-1: Aang stomps for obvious reasons. Aang 10/10.

Round-2: Katara handily. She's a much improved fighter and Aang's earth bending isn't any great and he more often than not uses earthbending and got his ass handed by almost everyone. Add in Katara having a lot of supply to play with, I'd say Katara takes it 8/10.

Round-3: If Aang cuts loose, I'd say he can take it. But this is an extremely close round. Katara with a huge supply of water is not an easy customer to handle. But Aang's overall quality with Earth increased a lot and he showed some of his best airbending and reaction/agility feats against CM and Ozai. I'd go with Aang in one hell of a fight. Aang 6-7/10.

Well said.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang wins round 1, he just had better feats both from display and scaling.

Round 2 depends, Aang on showings still had slightly better feats overall from display, but Katara's combat feats at this point were just better than his, she carried most of the battles and handled opponents he had difficulties beating. If morals on is the aang that we saw having difficulties with opponents then Katara should take this.

Aang had gotten better in round 3 but still had shaky combat feats with morals whereas Katara's was more consistent, both had the biggest challenge during the comet and that gave them some of the best feats in the series, Aang still has better bending capabilities overall (being the Avatar and having 4 elements) but a battle between them would be tight.

Spideraty15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aang easily airbending also more dangerous than water bending since you could also control someone’s body since air in your bloodstream and around you lol