User Lists: 1

Stops at Iroh

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Last two rounds are both 50/50. Beats the rest.

kataraaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kataraaaa

R1 - JJ is basically featless in combat, clear win

R2 - Throws an ice shard at his eye and he self destructs

R3 - Tougher than R2, Katara's skilled enough to take it though

R4 - 50/50, could stop here, I think she barely takes it though

R5 - Stops here, Iroh > Ozai imo but she'd lose to both.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clears due to the benefit of actually having hype and concrete feats (unlike the last two characters). don’t get me wrong they are masters for a reason but so is katara and for that reason i don’t feel confident enough to say either iroh or ozai can beat her in a 1v1 for a majority, especially not with her insane defensive capabilities coupled with her very high raw power, versatility, and adaptability.

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BigDreamer48  Online

Possible clear. Rounds 4+ are where I struggle the most, though I see her narrowly beating Azula.

Iroh and Ozai are where she probably stops, but I can see a case for her taking it.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 killbilly  Moderator

4 or 5.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@frenzyflame: she actually is and mid difficulty at that. katara borderline stomped her in the catacombs using just the water on her body and the episode highlighted the fact that it took both zuko and azula working in tandem to even break katara’s guard. that is undeniable writers intent. that was also massively pre prime katara (pre book 3 amp and pre hama training). katara has always been portrayed in the series as a better bender. there’s no argument for azula beating katara at this point.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frenzyflame: katara blocked comet enhanced lightning in the finale with extremely limited water after it was fired. azula’s unamped lightning would simply be blocked all the same. azula was also prevented from using lightning due to katara trapping her in water which would just conduct it leading to azula herself getting shocked. unfortunately the plot armor argument doesn’t work when the actual main character was getting beaten down by both zuko and azula in that same fight. the writers intentionally chose to show katara only ever getting overwhelmed in a 1v2 against zuko and azula. there is no feat that contradicts this feat for katara so it can’t fall under pis. in order for something to be pis is must be contradicted several times to prove it’s inconsistent.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vengefulshot

Azula isn’t beating her when Katara has been shown to block her entire kit when she was juiced by the comet.

Azula simply does not possess the necessary raw power to break Kataras guard without extended and repeated blasts of her most powerful attacks.

She reaches Ozai where she may or may not stop depending on how she utilises the large water supply.

Scarlet_Wiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clears due to the benefit of actually having hype and concrete feats (unlike the last two characters). don’t get me wrong they are masters for a reason but so is katara and for that reason i don’t feel confident enough to say either iroh or ozai can beat her in a 1v1 for a majority, especially not with her insane defensive capabilities coupled with her very high raw power, versatility, and adaptability.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frenzyflame: azula shot lightning. katara looked and then bended water to block it. azula being insane didn’t make her weaker it made her less skilled. her comet enhanced lightning is still >>>>> her regular lightning and katara shielded it effortlessly. she’s above azula in universe with clear writers intent, this isn’t debatable.

kataraaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azula isn’t beating her when Katara has been shown to block her entire kit when she was juiced by the comet.

Azula simply does not possess the necessary raw power to break Kataras guard without extended and repeated blasts of her most powerful attacks.

She broke Katara's guard in the catacombs, and knocked her back and down. She's also knocked Zuko completely out cold multiple times with basic strikes (Aang's airbending couldn't do that multiple times), almost killed Iroh with a basic strike, literally one shotted Aang in the avatar state, and broke toph's defenses effortlessly.

Azula's shown more capability of actually ending a fight quickly than Katara ever did, her power in fire bending is also capable of extreme damage output.

Avatar image for mcu-defender333
MCU-Defender333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would agree with those who have said that Azula (before going mad) has the edge over Katara, especially if Katara is IC.

Clears R1-3, loses 40/60 to Azula, loses to Iroh, loses 90/10 to Ozai (Ozai is not nearly as calm and collected as Iroh, which means more opportunities for slip ups, especially if they're next to a river).

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@mcu-defender333: @kataraaaa: useless debate. katara stomped sane azula on screen before her book 3 amp and prior to her extra training with hama that made her far more versatile and lethal. if the writers thought azula on a good day was better than katara they would have written her to be. katara has no anti feats that disprove her defeating azula in the catacombs and to further this she even blocked her comet enhanced lightning after it was fired. azula doesn’t have any notable feat that puts her above katara and it was shown on screen she needed zuko’s help to bypass her defenses even when she’s using limited water. the notion that azula can beat katara is frankly not backed up by anything.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea Azula shouldn’t be a debate frankly. Catacombs and Sozin’s Comet should make it clear who is superior.

MCU-Defender333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: defending against Azula's amped lightning isn't really an argument for Katara here- skill is needed for Azula to win here, not power, and a casual lightning blast (or any decent hit) will win it for her just as well as an amped one.

I will refresh my memory and rewatch the Catacombs confrontation, but I seem to recall that Katara would never willingly face Azula unless forced to.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Aystarr

I think Azula (comics) should be above Iroh considering there's nothing iroh really has over her by that time but doesn't matter since Katara clears 1 to 5 consistently in this location, could go either way with ozai depending on the level his statements and comparison to other benders put him on (she outclasses him on pure feats tho).

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: defending against Azula's amped lightning isn't really an argument for Katara here- skill is needed for Azula to win here, not power, and a casual lightning blast (or any decent hit) will win it for her just as well as an amped one.

I will refresh my memory and rewatch the Catacombs confrontation, but I seem to recall that Katara would never willingly face Azula unless forced to.

Yes and defending against and reacting to an amped lightning blast with extremely limited water proves that Azula isn't going to tag her with lightning unless Katara's guard is down for some unknown reason. Katara has a massive defense advantage here as well as raw power and a noticeable skill advantage (shown in the catacombs fight on screen). Azula's only advantages are her physicals (strength and agility) but that can (and has) been overcome easily with Katara's waterbending. The catacombs fight written by the writers of the show and approved by them showed Katara stomping Azula on screen with minimal water. Azula was helpless. That same fight they showed Azula needed to attack in tandem with Zuko in order to even breach her guard. Azula isn't capable of defeating Katara in universe and she was never written to be able to (sane or not).

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kataraaaa: Broke Kataras guard with repeated blasts WITH HELP FROM ZUKO where Katara couldn't get a breath in offensively due to being a 2v1 and Azula coming at her from the side initially.

Azulas destructive output is inferior to Kataras defensive power. And frankly Kataras output is greater in power and scale to Azulas offensive repertoire as well.

Skill? Even better and an absolute nonissue for bar none the most versatile single element bender in the verse.

All Azula has on Katara is physicals which has been shown multiple times throughout the show and comics of being not enough to bridge the obvious bending gap in a neutral setting, never mind when placed next to a large and flowing body of water.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see Katara beating literally everyone else but how is she beating Combustion Man solo? Combustionbending is one of the the most OP bending abilities and both prominent users that we’ve seen needed teams to stop them no?

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frenzyflame: azula shot the lightning when katara was turned around so charging unfortunately has nothing to do with it. katara can react to lightning just like many other avatar high tiers. katara isn’t like ming hua either. she doesn’t fight with a huge conductive body of water on her. azula has been below katara since book 2 and is still below her now. azula literally was written to be stomped by her in the catacombs.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Stops at Iroh.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeljax said:

I can see Katara beating literally everyone else but how is she beating Combustion Man solo? Combustionbending is one of the the most OP bending abilities and both prominent users that we’ve seen needed teams to stop them no?

Combustion man only has raw bending strength, which Katara has shown the strength to deal with or at least defend against especially in this location with much water, Katara is too versatile for combustion man, she can steamfreeze him, use the vapor around him for instant incapacitation, and has shown to be precise enough to target a combustion benders spot which is their weakness and has a lot of AOE attacks that would require proper defense which combustion man doesn't have.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: rewatch the scene, Katara started running away only after Azula started literally dancing and flexing with lightning before firing it, saying Katara can react to an instacast lightning is just your fantasy.

Katara quite literally reacted to Azula's lightning post-fire multiple times

Only moving away from Azula's lightning when it's fired at point blank.
Only moving away from Azula's lightning when it's fired at point blank.
Azula had already fired  the lightning here and it's already past the roof before Katara even set defenses up for it
Azula had already fired the lightning here and it's already past the roof before Katara even set defenses up for it

I don't see why this matters tho as Katara has already reacted to azula in combat multiple times and fought Azula without azula winning based on speed of attacks, she has even shown a faster draw speed than azula.

Katara is able to move water up and freeze them both before azula's attack which was already about to be fired could generate.
Katara is able to move water up and freeze them both before azula's attack which was already about to be fired could generate.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Aystarr

@frenzyflame: what no?, In the first image she is dodging the projectile,it literally hit where she was standing after she jumped away from there and even created an aftermath explosion that rivalled the size of a combustion blast. Here is the clip

Katara was standing in a spot, azula fired at that spot, and Katara jumped away from there.
Katara was standing in a spot, azula fired at that spot, and Katara jumped away from there.

In the second one, she is standing too, not running, she is watching azula talk about zuko and charging up her lighting but she only reacts to it WHEN it is fired while still on the same spot Here .

Once again, I still don't see the point of this when Katara has already shown better draw speed and reaction, making it impossible for a battle between them to be won by Azula's (or her attack) speed without any external disturbance.

Azula's insanity did not affect her power being boosted by the comet or the speed of her attacks when fired, and Katara had already beat her in S2 when she was sane too so...

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aystarr: Why are you lying? she starts rolling after Azula already charges lightning (i have a video open). I wonder why did Zuko have to defend Katara on the first lightning shot when she was ACTUALLY standing still... Azula in that fight has a bad aim on someone who's moving around but that's it.

Posted my claims with shots and clips but I'm the one lying?, lol.

Because she caught Katara offguard, it was meant to be a battle between Azula and Zuko, Katara was not aware that she was in possible danger at that moment, unlike the other instances?. Katara cannot move around without being attacked, every movement in that battle was a response to an attack.

kataraaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By kataraaaa
@emmafrostxmen said:
@mcu-defender333 said:

Yes and defending against and reacting to an amped lightning blast with extremely limited water proves that Azula isn't going to tag her with lightning unless Katara's guard is down for some unknown reason. Katara has a massive defense advantage here as well as raw power and a noticeable skill advantage (shown in the catacombs fight on screen). Azula's only advantages are her physicals (strength and agility) but that can (and has) been overcome easily with Katara's waterbending. The catacombs fight written by the writers of the show and approved by them showed Katara stomping Azula on screen with minimal water. Azula was helpless. That same fight they showed Azula needed to attack in tandem with Zuko in order to even breach her guard. Azula isn't capable of defeating Katara in universe and she was never written to be able to (sane or not).

Yes and defending against and reacting to an amped lightning blast with extremely limited water proves that Azula isn't going to tag her with lightning unless Katara's guard is down for some unknown reason.

She blocked it once, and her water was left completely vaporized and she was on the run. Either way Azula never actually uses lightning during an actual fight until the Comet. She always waits until her opponent is completely down before she goes for it. Lightning in general is the most deadly form of non-amped bending shown in the verse. Getting struck by it is basically death on the spot, Katara doesn't have anything comparable.

Katara has a massive defense advantage here as well as raw power and a noticeable skill advantage (shown in the catacombs fight on screen).

Azula can and has shown the ability to block Katara's attacks with her firebending.

Blocks 2 attacks from Katara, vaporizing a very large wave with the 2nd.
Blocks 2 attacks from Katara, vaporizing a very large wave with the 2nd.

We all know about the fire shield feat in The Chase as well, Azula is a very impressive fighter defensively for a firebender.

As far as skill goes, Azula is honestly the most innovative firebender in the series as well. She has a huge list of unique and rare moves very few or no other firebender is shown to replicate. She also has just as many insane feats of raw power, whether it's slicing buildings in half (which shows just as much skill as raw power honestly), one shotting Zuko twice with mere basic fireblasts, sending Aang flying through his rock armor, nearly killing Iroh with a single fire blast, creating large explosions with basic firebending techniques she replicates often, and these are all just with her firebending. Her lightning has blasted cliffs and killed the literal avatar instantly. Azula vaporizing Katara also shows she can match her in raw power as well.

Azula's only advantages are her physicals (strength and agility) but that can (and has) been overcome easily with Katara's waterbending. The catacombs fight written by the writers of the show and approved by them showed Katara stomping Azula on screen with minimal water. Azula was helpless.

You say this like being the more agile fighter isn't a huge advantage in a fight. Especially when (imo), the fighters are roughly even on power and skill. I can definitely see the logic in thinking Azula's superior agility would give her the edge for this reason. Especially since, Azula likes to combine her agility with firebending. Add that onto the fact she's been shown to be able to dodge Katara's water at point blank range, and I don't see how that's unfair thinking at all.

Dodges Aang's earthbending attack, and uses that oppourtunity to launch an attack that knocks Aang completely out. She was very close to finishing him off as well.
Dodges Aang's earthbending attack, and uses that oppourtunity to launch an attack that knocks Aang completely out. She was very close to finishing him off as well.

That same fight they showed Azula needed to attack in tandem with Zuko in order to even breach her guard.

I mean yeah, but I don't know why you're using this to imply Zuko and Azula are both needed to break Katara's defense, Zuko's done it alone in the North Pole after all. Azula had just knocked Aang out momentarily and decided to help Zuko (who was stalemating Katara before that for what that's worth), knock out Katara. I don't think that's the plot, that's just the siblings using their numbers to their advantage. It was also Azula who knocked Katara out, not Zuko. They didn't attack at the same time to do it.

In regards to their actual encounters (which is why even though I said it's 50/50 I'd give Katara a slight edge in my first post), the catacombs wasn't a "stomp", by any means, that's way too big a word to describe what actually happened. Katara landed a hit, then trapped Azula's arm and leg with water momentarily, and held her up in the air for a second. Yeah she had an upper hand, but is that conclusive to her actually winning a prolonged fight to the death? Azula had the upper hand on Aang in the Drill, but Aang regained himself and ended up winning for example. In the finale, Katara didn't beat Azula because of superior power or even skill honestly, Katara beat Azula because Azula was literally hallucinating and going crazy. Which even if it didn't effect her power (which according to Iroh's words in bitter work, most likely isn't true). Her skill was clearly way off from normal. Azula very rarely throws punches to firebend, she usually opts for a technique that uses 2 fingers. After the Mai and Ty Lee betrayal though, she almost Always throws punches to attack. Avatar has always been consistent with movements to bending techniques, so I don't think that's a coincidence. Katara also beat her due to superior strategy, noticing the drain and the chains behind her to bait Azula into her ice wall. That just isn't happening to sane Azula man. She's always been very aware of her surroundings, and just as strategic as Katara when fighting.

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime Katara clears. ATLA Katara stops at 5.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@kataraaaa: 1) yes her comet amped lightning attack (which is >>>> her regular lightning) disrupted her water shield. her lightning also faded along with it showing that they matched one another. she failed to breach her guard even with a massive amp.

2) the catacombs is as close to as stomp as you’re going to get when it comes to avatar high tier characters. it’s undeniable azula didn’t do anything notable and katara had complete control of the fight. that is how it was scripted and animated deliberately.

3) book 1 zuko broke book 1 katara’s defenses with a surprise attack yes. book 2 katara was then shown to be able to low diff azula. that shows very clear and obvious power progression thus overriding her past anti-feat. then in book 3 she’s shown to be pushing battleships around. furthermore she even got more training after that from hama which drastically increased her versatility and adaptability.

4) there isn’t an argument for azula. this is one of the most clear cut wins in the avatar verse because it was fed to us on screen. the portrayals weren’t close. it didn’t show a hard fight. it showed katara manhandling azula and nearly throwing her on her ass.

5) and lastly that wave that you said was “very large” that azula evaporated was one of the smaller waves made by katara. as stated before katara literally can throw around battleships. the wave she threw at azula was minuscule in comparison. katara has a clear raw power advantage, a clear defensive advantage, and a clear versatility advantage.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frenzyflame: you’re completely missing the point of the conversation if you think it matters whether she’s insane or not. nobody’s using that fight as an anti-feat for azula. everyone here knows she was nerfed due to her mental state. we’re just using it to show katara reacting to lightning and blocking it. the second pic that aystarr posted shows katara running away, azula then shoots lightning at her, then katara bends water to block it. it’s a clear cut reaction feat that was done clearly after the lightning was fired. it really just seems like you didn’t watch the fight if you don’t recall the instance.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen
@frenzyflame said:

@emmafrostxmen: rewatch the scene, Katara started running away only after Azula started literally dancing and flexing with lightning before firing it, saying Katara can react to an instacast lightning is just your fantasy.

here

1. Azula shoots the lighning at Katara
  2. Katara bends water
  3. The lightning hits the water

that is the order of events shown in the episode. anything other than that is a headcanon. you can literally see the water begin to move to shield katara after the lightning was fired when you slow it down. I also don't appreciate the condescending nature of your last sentence. don't get why you felt the need to do that when we were having a regular debate.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By cocacolaman  Moderator
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
kataraaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By kataraaaa
@emmafrostxmen said:

@kataraaaa: 1) yes her comet amped lightning attack (which is >>>> her regular lightning) disrupted her water shield. her lightning also faded along with it showing that they matched one another. she failed to breach her guard even with a massive amp.

2) the catacombs is as close to as stomp as you’re going to get when it comes to avatar high tier characters. it’s undeniable azula didn’t do anything notable and katara had complete control of the fight. that is how it was scripted and animated deliberately.

3) book 1 zuko broke book 1 katara’s defenses with a surprise attack yes. book 2 katara was then shown to be able to low diff azula. that shows very clear and obvious power progression thus overriding her past anti-feat. then in book 3 she’s shown to be pushing battleships around. furthermore she even got more training after that from hama which drastically increased her versatility and adaptability.

4) there isn’t an argument for azula. this is one of the most clear cut wins in the avatar verse because it was fed to us on screen. the portrayals weren’t close. it didn’t show a hard fight. it showed katara manhandling azula and nearly throwing her on her ass.

5) and lastly that wave that you said was “very large” that azula evaporated was one of the smaller waves made by katara. as stated before katara literally can throw around battleships. the wave she threw at azula was minuscule in comparison. katara has a clear raw power advantage, a clear defensive advantage, and a clear versatility advantage.

yes her comet amped lightning attack (which is >>>> her regular lightning) disrupted her water shield. her lightning also faded along with it showing that they matched one another. she failed to breach her guard even with a massive amp.

I mean sure, I wasn't arguing whether or not Katara could or couldn't block her lightning. I was just making the point that getting struck with lightning means Katara insta-loses, amped or not. Plus like I said before, Azula isn't going to use it unless she knows the fight is already won most likely.

the catacombs is as close to as stomp as you’re going to get when it comes to avatar high tier characters. it’s undeniable azula didn’t do anything notable and katara had complete control of the fight. that is how it was scripted and animated deliberately.

Which isn't a stomp in any way. Which makes sense, no character in this show on that level is stomping one another. I don't see how Katara getting a brief advantage on Azula is any different than Azula getting one on Aang. Katara wasn't in position to kill Azula there, since she was struggling to keep her in the air. She was probably gonna toss her, and Azula was going to get back up and continue said fight. Not conclusive enough to decide victory.

We've seen plenty of fights in atla where a character knocks 1 down, or gets an advantage briefly, then ends up losing. Katara vs Zuko in the North Pole, Aang vs Zuko in Bato, Aang vs Azula in the Drill, Katara vs Hama. My point isn't that Katara didn't gain an upper hand. It's just that I don't think that fight lasted long enough to conclusively say Katara would've won.

book 1 zuko broke book 1 katara’s defenses with a surprise attack yes. book 2 katara was then shown to be able to low diff azula. that shows very clear and obvious power progression thus overriding her past anti-feat. then in book 3 she’s shown to be pushing battleships around. furthermore she even got more training after that from hama which drastically increased her versatility and adaptability.

Yes, and book 1 Zuko doesn't compare to Azula in any way shape or form. Especially in raw power, add that to the fact that happened in the North Pole as well. I'm not using that feat to knock Katara, but saying Azula can't break through Katara's defense is just downplaying how strong Azula really is. She's broken through Toph's effortlessly, and wrecked Aang's with single strikes. Katara isn't going to be pulling off any battleship throwing type attacks in this fight, everything will be happening to fast. Just like how Azula won't be getting off insta kill lightning.

Azula's dominated fights with Aang on more than one occasion. Does she have a clear cut victory over him? Brief control in a fight doesn't mean you stomp your opponent. The second fight I already explained why Katara was able to pull that off. You don't think Katara's beating a sane Azula during the comet do you?

I strongly believe Katara, Azula, and Toph are all equals to each other. They all have crazy feats of power, physical strength or agility, and creativity in battle with their elements. I've seen comparable feats for all 3, with Azula having the best insta win capability out of the 3, which could definitely give her an edge in a fight.

and lastly that wave that you said was “very large” that azula evaporated was one of the smaller waves made by katara. as stated before katara literally can throw around battleships. the wave she threw at azula was minuscule in comparison. katara has a clear raw power advantage, a clear defensive advantage, and a clear versatility advantage.

Yeah, but she isn't making waves that big in an actual combat scenario with Azula readily attacking. It would just take too long. Plus the river isn't big enough for her to do that anyways.

katara has a clear raw power advantage

Azula has some insane feats of raw power in the series, and for what it's worth most of them occurred while she was actually fighting. Zuko has been shown to tank very large air blasts from Aang, that send him through buildings and trees, and get right back up from it. Azula had Zuko knocked out cold with basic firebending attacks. That's incredible power for an attack that's so miniscule. You're seriously underestimating how powerful Azula's firebending is.

a clear defensive advantage

I mean sure, waterbending in general has more defensive potential than firebending does, with firebending being more offensively potent. Whether or not Katara's defense is better, Azula has proven she's more than capable of defending herself from Katara's attacks. I also have more than enough reasons to believe she's the better offensive fighter.

and a clear versatility advantage

Azula's versatility is downright insane compared to other firebenders, her range of attacks and abilities situationally make even a great firebender like Zuko's look like a joke in comparison. Whether it's lightning, creating makeshift weapons, using fire jets to accelerate, being able to throw multiple attacks at once in mid air, making huge firewalls to defend herself, making a strong enough fire shield to defend herself against 4 different attackers. How many fire benders in the series are seen being able to literally slice things with their firebending? The control and arsenal Azula has with her firebending is insane. I don't see how it isn't comparable to Katara's. This is just added on top of Azula's agility, which she's dodged Aang's airbending easily, and rocks falling from the sky she wasn't even aware were there.

MCU-Defender333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: lmfao, the number of times you repeat 'she was never written to' is quite astounding, are you secretly one of the writers? Or do you know them IRL?

Any who, I did go back and watch the Catacomb fight and...well, nothing there to really change my mind. Katara temporarily caught Azula off guard and got the better of her for a moment, that is all.

Zuko (who we know was notably below Azula at the time, he hadn't even completed his training with the dragons by that point), Zuko, who later in the series admits he couldn't solo Azula, then began fighting Katara with his fire whips and was holding his own just fine. That tiny scene was nowhere near enough to suggest Katara outranks Azula, and the fact that you call that 'a stomp' honestly leaves me shaking my head.

Katara tries holding the two of them off and they plow through her water defenses with a combined attack. Again, none of this suggests Katara is above Azula.

The same Azula who was facing (admittedly early series, but still) team Avatar alone at one point and caused them to flee almost continuously throughout the series. You keep saying "Katara is clearly written to be above her" but it's not clearly as clear cut as you say.

Would say it's 50/50 between them in R4, and that is only because there is a good amount of water nearby.

Again:

Clears R1-3

50/50 on round 4

Loses round 5

Almost certainly loses round 6

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@mcu-defender333: you write that katara (with limited water) got the better of azula, and you admit the only time katara’s defenses were broken were against 2 high tier opponents ganging up on her yet you follow it up with “nothing here suggests azula is below katara”. frankly everything suggested she was below katara. azula got low diffed by katara and needed to be rescued.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kataraaaa: the “insta win” literally applies to any character in the show. if katara wanted to she could flash freeze her. that would also classify as an instant win. it’s like saying “if this character shoots another character they win”. yea sure that’s true but if the character they’re shooting at has bulletproof armor on it’s not gunna do much. katara isn’t getting hit by lightning during a fight. she’s blocked it before and aim dodged it several times. the notion that lightning somehow gives azula an edge in combat isn’t really applicable because it never has before against katara, aang, zuko, or any other capable fighters. lightning in avatar may be lethal but skilled fighters have so many ways around it there’s really no point in pretending it’s some godly attack.

book 1 feats aren’t relevant so i’m ignoring that portion of the discussion. no characters are remotely close to their book 1 levels.

in the catacombs katara low diffed azula. azula couldn’t even get an attack off and she was literally getting shoved around the whole fight. katara didn’t even use that much water in the engagement. there’s no other way to interpret it really. katara was shown to be the better bender.

azula is good but i’m not here to make up headcanon arguments about how they should be evenly matched. the fight happened. azula lost. if the fight hasn’t happened i’d agree it should be a close fight but the fight exists and azula lost quite badly.

JDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really don't know how anyone can say Azula's better when Katara dog walked her twice. Once while sane and the other being when Azula was powered up beyond anything she can potentially reach in her entire lifetime.