Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen
No Caption Provided
  • Waterbenders are morals off
  • No Avatar State
  • Starting Distance: 15 feet
  • Each fight occurs during eternal twilight
  • Every fight takes place here, but with more rock pillars for Ming Hua to swing on:
No Caption Provided

Round 1- Sokka and Mai

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Round 2- Ty Lee and Suki

No Caption Provided

Round 3- Desna and Eska

No Caption Provided

Round 4- Suyin Beifong and Lin Beifong

No Caption Provided

Round 5- Toph and Azula

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Round 6- Aang (Air) and Ghazan

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Round 7- P'li and Tenzin

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Round 8- Aang and Korra

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for amethystgravity
AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably stop at round 5. Toph could at least hold off Katara while Azula fries Ming Hua with lightning. If the matchups were reversed, though, the water duo could win.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c
deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DISREGARD THIS. It was posted when the setting was different and the starting positions were unclear.

This is a very good environment for Katara, but a pretty bad one for Ming Hua due to the lack of swinging opportunities, which makes this a little bit harder to judge for me.

Round 1- Sokka and Mai

Either solos, team stomps. Clear 10/10.

Round 2- Ty Lee and Suki

Round 3- Desna and Eska

Big step up from the previous round, but still one-sided. Katara can beat either mid-dif with an entire ocean and Ming Hua can take either high-dif. Clear 10/10.

Round 5- Toph and Azula

Another big step up from the previous round, and close enough that I think it depends on the match ups. Katara beats either with an entire ocean to play with, but she can't beat either quickly, and Toph in particular is probably extreme-dif. On the other hand, Ming Hua can probably beat Toph due to match up advantage (although maybe not in this location...), but she definitely loses to Azula. It comes down to matches; if it's Azula vs Ming Hua and Toph vs Katara, Azula wins first and they stop, whereas if it's Ming Hua vs Toph and Katara vs Azula, they win both their matches in difficult fights and continue. Probably lean towards them stopping though, because of the bad environment for Ming. Stop 4/10.

Also probably depends on the matches. Aang is an awful match for Ming Hua because of his agility surpassing hers and her being dependent on CQC. Ming would take a majority from Ghazan due to him struggling with agile, close-range opponents, although I think he could keep her away a minority of the time in this environment. Aang probably loses to Katara with an ocean to play with because of the morals difference but it's a really long fight. Katara would beat Ghazan as well, but it would also take a while if he starts on top of the cliff (if he starts by the beach he gets wrecked quickly). If Aang fights Ming, they generally lose, whereas if Ghazan fights Ming, they generally win. Not knowing where Ghazan starts, I'll say they clear 6/10.

Round 7- P'li and Tenzin

This one really depends on starting distance and starting location, even more than the previous fight. In terms of matches, Tenzin beats Ming solidly but loses to Katara, while P'li can beat either one assuming she starts on top of the cliff but loses to Katara if she starts on the beach. Again, not knowing starting positions, I'll say they stop 3/10.

Round 8- Aang and Korra

They stop 10/10. Either Aang or Korra beats either of them, with Ming Hua getting wrecked low-dif in a mismatch and Katara giving Aang an extreme-dif fight and Korra a high-dif fight.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@mialthefencer: Okay I updated the starting distance to 15 feet and I said that the location will now have more rocks for Ming Hua to swing on

Avatar image for captain_narlowe
Captain_Narlowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 5 should come later because they stop there, but i don't think they lose 6 and maybe win even 7. Katara against Azula could go either way depending on how close to the ocean they stand at the start. Katara wins against Toph in my opinion but it takes a long while. Toph could win against Ming Hua even though there is a chance she loses. But the breaking point is that Ming Hua has no chance against Azula, and even with other match ups seems the chance too high that Azula can target her in my opinion.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_narlowe: Round 5 is not harder than 6, 7, or 8

Round 5 is just the only one with a good counter for Ming Hua (lightning), that doesn’t necessarily make them the better team, just more suited to beat Katara and Ming. Also Azula is likely to target Katara because she’s beaten her twice now

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1- Sokka and Mai

Either solos in a stomp, together its a slaughter.

Round 2- Ty Lee and Suki

See above.

Round 3- Desna and Eska

Either solo steam stomp.

Suyin and Lin are skilled, but they would lose to either Katara or Ming handily under normal conditions. With an entire ocean, it becomes a very one sided affair. Team low diff.

Round 5- Toph and Azula

First real challenge. Azula could beat Ming Hua but both lose to Kat. Toph would get murked by Ming Hua at that starting distance in my opinion, its a horrible matchup for her. And she cannot sense Katara on an ocean leading to another one sided 1v1.

Either way, Katara with an ocean is too heavy for either of these ladies, so team pass mid dif.

Ghazan is a severe weak link here. Unless he is starting at the top of the cliff, he gets washed rather easily by either. Aang with air is good but Katara without morals and an ocean is better imo.

Team pass mid diff.

Round 7- P'li and Tenzin

Ordinarily I'd say they stop here as I think this team has a better average than the waterbenders, but with morals off and that starting distance, I see them winning. 15 feet is not enough room for P'li to stop Ming Hua, and Tenzin loses to Katara under these conditions.

Team pass high diff.

Round 8- Aang and Korra

Aang and Korra unrestricted would crush this team. Ming Hua is near enough a non factor and Katara cannot deal with Korra or Aang using all 4 elements, though she would at least put up a solid fight vs Aang.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

They clear 1-4 easily.

5-7 give them a lot of trouble but they have a good shot at clearing

They stop at 8

ANTHP2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ANTHP2000  Online

I will not comment on the order (or some weird pairings, heh), but I see them clearing regardless, with the final round being quite the fight.

The only people who can realistically challenge the two finest waterbending masters we've seen in an oceanic environment is another master waterbender - Korra - and an absurdly powerful bender - Aang. Even so, this setting favors waterbending over most elements, further reducing the relevance of the challenged duo's advantages as Avatars, and as far as waterbending goes, Korra is seriously outskilled by either Katara or Ming Hua, and I see them at least being a match for Aang's airbending on every account save for speed in this environment.

Viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Sokka and Mai

Either solo for obvious reasons.

2. Ty Lee and Suki

Either solo for obvious reasons.

3. Desna and Eska

Either solo, both are above what the twins can do.

4. Lin and Suyin

Beifongs might stand a small chance against either waterbenders, but against both Katara and Ming together, it's probably too much.

5. Toph and Azula

The first huge hurdle, Azula is a very bad matchup for Ming, but with a lot of water at her disposal, I can see Katara carrying the team this round. Also, either water benders can put down Toph. I'll give it to the waterbenders, Katara has to carry this round.

6. Aang and Ghazan

Aang would be a problem to either of them, but Ghazan's lavabending could counteract against his own team. In such a limited land, lavabending would only reduce the area where Ghazan could stand and increase the amount of battlefield occupied by water and Ghazan doesn't have a lot of feats with just earthbending. I don't see Aang winning against two master waterbenders with an ocean to play with.

7. P'Li and Tenzin

Katara could take down P'li down here honestly. Her shields withstood CM's blasts. With so much water, Katara would definitely beat down P'li. Tenzin would be a problem, but I'd back two waterbenders with an ocean to win it against him mostly.

8. Aang and Korra

I see the duo stop here frankly.

Location honestly favors Korra more than anyone here. She is a master waterbender and her raw power is too high, not to mention she's always been prolific with fire. With all the new feats she got with air, she'd beat either Katara/Ming 1v1. Aang's air has always been too good coupled his earthbending which became proficient by the eos means, he can edge out a narrow win against either of the water benders in a 1v1. Both avatars together beat the water benders.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1- Sokka and Mai

Either solos, team stomps, clear 10/10.

Round 2- Ty Lee and Suki

Round 3- Desna and Eska

Team mid-dif. Suyin and Lin can't keep up with either of the waterbenders individually. Clears 10/10.

Round 5- Toph and Azula

Team mid-dif. At this starting distance, Ming can blitz Toph pretty easily and Katara can beat either of them. I'm not sure on Ming vs Azula in this environment; in a neutral environment I would favor Azula but if the entire battlefield is covered in earth pillars for Ming to swing off of, she might win. Team clears 9/10, with the 1/10 being where Azula rapidly takes Ming down with lightning.

At this starting distance, Ghazan is getting wrecked by either waterbender. Aang can beat Ming Hua with some difficulty, but not Katara, and with Ghazan going down immediately, team clears 10/10.

Round 7- P'li and Tenzin

In this environment, P'li goes down almost instantly due to starting distance and Tenzin loses solidly to Katara and probably to Ming as well. Team clears 10/10.

Round 8- Aang and Korra

They stop, hard. Either Aang or Korra can beat either Ming or Katara. Aang vs Katara goes Aang extreme dif, Aang vs Ming goes Aang mid-dif, Korra vs Katara goes Korra high-dif and Korra vs Ming goes Korra low-dif. They stop, 0/10.

Captain_Narlowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: I find round 5 much harder than round 6, and maybe even harder than round 7.

Msorowitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably stop at round 5. Toph could at least hold off Katara while Azula fries Ming Hua with lightning. If the matchups were reversed, though, the water duo could win.

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Round 1: Sokka and Mai

• Lol at that Sokka picture!

Round 2: Ty Lee and Suki

Round 3:Desna and Eska

• For these first three rounds, Katara or Ming-Hua could solo. They hold a significant power advantage over them. Ming-Hua has already taken out the twins with little effort. I would even say they could beat all six of them together. Morals off Katara slices and dices!
No Caption Provided

Round 4: Suyin Beifong and Lin Beifong

• The waterbenders have a strong environmental advantage over the Beifong sisters. Ming-Hua could toss them into the ocean and freeze them. Or Katara could bring the ocean to them and freeze them.

Round 5: Toph and Azula

• Azula's lightning is key to bringing down Ming. However, Toph is a bit of a weak link in this location. Katara can carry this round as she could beat either, and give her team the majority.

Round 6: Aang (Air) and Ghazan

• With all this water, I actually don't think Ming-Hua would have to rely so heavily on 'things to swing on'. She has enough water to go octomom and use spouts. Lavabending won't be an issue here, since they can both use the ocean for mobility and safety - which also helps them keep up with Aang's speed. I don't see Ghazan really offering much. Aang can still put up a fight with air though.
No Caption Provided

Round 7: P'li and Tenzin

• Similar to what others have stated, with this environment and distance, the waterbenders win this. They have an entire ocean to play with - giving them not only power but defense. Everyone has morals off except Tenzin so that weakens him a bit and boosts Katara.

Round 8: Aang and Korra

• Team Avatar has all four elements, but how useful are those extra bendables? I don't see Aang's fire doing anything lol, and while Korra's power behind her firebending is great, It's not enough against Katara or Ming-Hua. Both are strong earthbenders (not stronger than the girls are with water though). In this setting, I think it will come down to air and water. If this match goes into the ocean I can see the waterbenders having a better shot. While everyone is mobile here with surfing, spouts, ice gliding, Aang running on water, etc. Aang is more limited to just air, his water is not strong enough to compete with Katara or Ming. I think he would be more susceptible to flash freezing or going down first, leaving Korra against two. His air is still a match for them though, it wouldn't be easy. While I have Katara's waterbending over Korra, Korra still has her airbending to make up the gap. She can use a waterspout and combo with different elemental attacks to give her an advantage. It will be harder since morals are off for Katara. I see the Avatar's taking the majority if the fight stays more ground based, but less so if it's more on the water. I think this is a great fight.
BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Sokka and Mai

Either solos.

Round 2: Ty Lee and Suki

Either Solos

Round 3:Desna and Eska

Better fight but it's still a stomp

Round 4: Suyin Beifong and Lin Beifong

With the environmental advantage, they win easily. Ming can take either while Katara takes the other.

Round 5: Toph and Azula

Azula could kill Ming if she plays it right. Toph will have to hold off Katara. It could stop here, but the waterbenders have the environmental advantage so I say they clear after a good fight. Ming easily beats Toph while Katara holds off/beats Azula.

Round 6: Aang (Air) and Ghazan

Ghazan's lavabending will not be as useful in this environment, so either of the ladies beat him while the other holds off Aang. Then Aang is double teamed.

Round 7: P'li and Tenzin

Starting distance allows either Ming or Katara to take out P'Li while the other holds off Tenzin, and in this environment, Tenzin definitely can't take both so they clear.

Round 8: Aang and Korra

Avatars take majority as long as Aang doesn't play around. Korra's waterbending is almost as good as Katara's so with all four elements, she'll beat her. So Korra beats either, and Aang beats Ming mid diff and Katara high/very high diff.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop at 7 possibly get rekt in 8.

FanFeatRT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FanFeatRT

Stops at 4 or 5

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_narlowe: I don’t think so at all. If I removed Azula’s lightning i’d argue Ming could solo in this environment due to being a perfect foil for Toph who has no speed feats at all and her struggling to see people not on the ground.

The only thing that makes round 5 hard is that Azula perfectly counters Ming with lightning, but it’s not my choice how the duo pairs off, that’s your choice. It can be Azula Vs Katara and Toph Vs Ming, or the other way around, I don’t mind.

Captain_Narlowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: I disagree, i would not even necessarily bet on Ming Hua against just Azula no lightning even with the advantage of the surroundings. Ming Hua don't profits as much from big water sources as the most other waterbenders.

And Azula has lightning, that makes round 5 much harder than round 6 and maybe even round 7.

thebuckaronatr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am torn on the battle with Toph and Azula, Katara is lost if Azula takes Ming Hua quick out but with all these advantages for the water girls could Katara protect Ming Hua and is Toph a weak link. They clear the other rounds except the battle with Aang and Korra where they stop.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff
deactivated-5f34b01dd81ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_narlowe: It’s not harder from a combative standpoint, or even a power standpoint. It’s harder because Azula has an ability that counters Ming Hua. I can’t put Toph and Azula above Aang and Korra just because they have a perfect counter. After all Ming Hua’s fighting style perfectly counters Toph

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amethystgravity said: