Katara & Azula vs Korra (waterbending only) & Ming Hua

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Katara & Azula vs Korra (waterbending only) & Ming Hua (20 votes)

Katara & Azula 85%
Korra (waterbending only) & Ming Hua 15%

Rules:

Korra only has WATERBENDING

Azula is sane but can't use lightning

No Avatar State

Morals off

EOS + comics versions/feats

Level of teamwork: basic cooperation

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c
deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There isn't enough water in the Catacombs for Korra to overwhelm Katara and Ming Hua is somewhat of a weak link, going down to either Katara or Azula (although not easily, especially since Azula lacks lightning). In this environment, Katara >=< Korra > Azula > Ming Hua, so team one wins.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Katara and Azula in a good fight.

Katara is slightly above Korra in waterbending; Azula would beat Ming Hua with lightning, but without lightning, it can go either way. I'd back Azula in this environment, since there isn't much water or things for Ming Hua to grapple around on other than the pillars.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those comic feats for Azula will place her above Ming Hua and her lack of water abuse.

Not familiar with anything Korra did in the comics, but Katara should still be above her enough that Korra has no way to take her down without assistance while Azula can give a solid edge to Katara.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@geekryan said:

Katara is slightly above Korra in waterbending; Azula would beat Ming Hua with lightning, but without lightning, it can go either way. I'd back Azula in this environment, since there isn't much water or things for Ming Hua to grapple around on other than the pillars.

This, mostly.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vengefulshot

@geekryan said:

Agree.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By marvelfan1992

@anthp2000: @vengefulshot: @geekryan: @mialthefencer:

definitely not the north pole or the ocean but juts wanna point out there's a waterfall that continuously feeds into the crystal catacombs so i do think there is a healthy supply of water in case that makes any difference, and there are rock thingies and crystals on the ceiling for MH to swing from. Not sure if this changes anything for you guys

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992: It doesn't. There would be lake levels of water for me to back Korra over Katara and Ming can't use anywhere remotely close to the Catacomb's water supply, so it replenishing doesn't really matter.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There isn't enough water in the Catacombs for Korra to overwhelm Katara and Ming Hua is somewhat of a weak link, going down to either Katara or Azula (although not easily, especially since Azula lacks lightning). In this environment, Katara >=< Korra > Azula > Ming Hua, so team one wins.

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katara and Azula are above Korra and Ming Hua, although Korra is somewhat close to them.

Katara and Azula obviously win.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katara and Azula in a good fight. Ming Hua would lose to everyone in this environment(although that'd be close). Katara would have an edge over Korra here with the limited supply.

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katara= Kemurikage Azula without lightning > Korra > Ming Hua, go figure who wins.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mialthefencer: i see. btw what is >=< ? greater than or equal to?

It's "I'm honestly not sure who would win in this fight" but I don't see them as being exact equals, if that makes any sense.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992: Ming doesn't have feats of using huge amounts of water for power moves, its more about the fact that the catacombs is a relatively open space leaving her not a huge amount to swing off. Put her in republic city streets with a good amount of water and id back her over Azula without lightning, pretty comfortably at that.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In theory, I could see Korra and Ming Hua winning. While Korra doesn't have nearly as many feats as Katara, the feats she does have place her as a very skilled master, and I would have her as very even with Katara. Considering Katara's done well against Azula, I would also say Korra could match Azula well (especially with lightning restricted).

Ming Hua's limited feats put her at something of a disadvantage here, but I would still expect her to hold her own quite well against either of these opponents. She was clearly superior to Kya (who, while not as good as Katara, was trained by her and has a similar style). Azula's shown vulnerability to water arm techniques before (used by Katara in the catacombs), and that's Ming Hua's signature thing. Lighting would potentially be a game changer for Azula against Ming Hua, but with it restricted I could see Ming taking Azula down. Unfortunately, Ming's very limited feats don't exactly help her against two very well established benders

So, while I could argue for Korra/Ming Hua giving Azula and Katara a very good fight and potentially winning, I'm not sure I could argue for them actually taking a majority. They'd need some more showings for that (especially MIng Hua)

chloros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@geekryan said:

Agree.

I'm leaning towards this as well.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katara azula wins

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on who fights who. I actually think that Korra might beat Katara despite Katara's superior waterbending. I just think that Korra has massively better physicals, which could put her over the edge, or at least allow her to hold off Katara. Azula however, can beat Korra with comic feats, and she could beat Ming too with insta lightning, so I see the two bending prodigies of ATLA beating the LOK team here.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since lightning is restricted I see Ming Hua beating Azula before Katara can beat Korra

Then it will turn into Ming and Korra vs Katara in which she won’t win

BigDreamer48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelfan1992 Oof, my bad. I'll stick by saying that if Katara fights Ming and Azula fights Korra then team ATLA wins. If Katara fights Korra, Ming-Beats Azula fast enough to help Korra take down Katara. I agree with EmmaFrostXmen if it goes the second way.

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By marvelfan1992

bump

Alsimmons77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katara beats Korra in a good fight, and lightningless Azula beats Ming Hua in an at least not terrible fight but the environment sucks for Ming Hua. Katara and Azula win, but it is a kind of good fight due to Azula being nerfed.