Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
#1 Posted by deactivated-5a08a02678f1f (8110 posts) - - Show Bio

*THIS IS MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE THOR

Kat has one game under her belt and a new game and anime series on the way, so what better way to gauge her power than against the [live-action] God of Thunder himself?

Kat's basic powers: super strength, speed, durability, flight, gravity control

Kat's feats: https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/362yh1/respect_kat_gravity_rush

This fight takes place afterAge of Ultron, but let's please be reasonable and disregard any polarizing feats during that time frame (you all know what I'm referring to).

Thor is taking Kat very seriously because he believes she is like Vision in that her power stems from an Infinity Stone. Similarly, the thundercloud Thor summoned upon his arrival to the battlefield registered him as a threat to Kat.

They fight to the death in Hekseville, pictured below. BFR is not allowed and Kat's usual power constraints will apply.

Who wins?

No Caption Provided
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

#2 Posted by Darth_Wayne (3022 posts) - - Show Bio

Kat.

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#3 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31463 posts) - - Show Bio

Kat. Easily one of the best female video game protagonists.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9a7b52ce5df
#4 Posted by deactivated-5b9a7b52ce5df (2403 posts) - - Show Bio

What can this version of thor do?

I haven't seen any of the movies.

#5 Posted by deactivated-5a08a02678f1f (8110 posts) - - Show Bio

What can this version of thor do?

I haven't seen any of the movies.

Basically all the same powers as his comic counterpart, but scaled down so he can actually be challenged in the movies. Here's a respect thread.

#6 Posted by kbm (1070 posts) - - Show Bio

Kat should win

#7 Posted by deactivated-5a08a02678f1f (8110 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a6b5b2407e
#8 Posted by deactivated-5a5a6b5b2407e (1152 posts) - - Show Bio

Inb4 city bust

#9 Posted by deactivated-5a08a02678f1f (8110 posts) - - Show Bio

Inb4 city bust

Who do you think wins?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a6b5b2407e
#10 Posted by deactivated-5a5a6b5b2407e (1152 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by ASGARDIANBRONY (11629 posts) - - Show Bio

from the respect thread she gets oneshot.

#12 Posted by deactivated-5a08a02678f1f (8110 posts) - - Show Bio

from the respect thread she gets oneshot.

hmm I'm interested in your argument

#13 Posted by Battle123axe (8979 posts) - - Show Bio

@kbm said:

Kat should win

#14 Posted by KrleAvenger (26264 posts) - - Show Bio

Tired of Thor threads.

#15 Posted by deactivated-5a08a02678f1f (8110 posts) - - Show Bio

Tired of Thor threads.

this was made 3 months ago and I bumped it... who cares what you think

#16 Edited by KrleAvenger (26264 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu: That's not because of you. Or because of any OP who made a Thor thread. It's because of Thor fans, not becuase of people making Thor threads.

#17 Posted by gamejutsu (1838 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank goodness this is MCU Thor. Also, Kat is getting an anime series? That's neat.

A lot of people are saying Kat wins, and i'm not really seeing any basis as to why. I mean, Thor is faster, and i'm pretty sure Thor's attacks are more powerful.

I mean, I guess if Kat gets close she could win, but I don't know if (judging by gameplay) she can move fast enough to avoid Thor's lightning strikes, and I don't think Kat has any way of blocking them either. I mean, maybe if Kat does one of her dive attacks or boosts, she might avoid them, but even then, it seems like she can't turn left or right when in flight mode, while Thor can.

To be honest, Even if you replaced Kat with Silver, I still think Thor has a higher chance of winning.

#18 Posted by deactivated-5a08a02678f1f (8110 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu: That's not because of you. Or because of any OP who made a Thor thread. It's because of Thor fans, not becuase of people making Thor threads.

I was partially joking. Any input is good input in my opinion.

And I have to agree with you there.

#19 Posted by KrleAvenger (26264 posts) - - Show Bio

@shiryu said:

I was partially joking. Any input is good input in my opinion.

Ok.

And I have to agree with you there.

Good no know.

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
#20 Edited by Ultimate_Knight (10938 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

Loading Video...

Thank goodness this is MCU Thor. Also, Kat is getting an anime series? That's neat.

A lot of people are saying Kat wins, and i'm not really seeing any basis as to why. I mean, Thor is faster, and i'm pretty sure Thor's attacks are more powerful.

I mean, I guess if Kat gets close she could win, but I don't know if (judging by gameplay) she can move fast enough to avoid Thor's lightning strikes, and I don't think Kat has any way of blocking them either. I mean, maybe if Kat does one of her dive attacks or boosts, she might avoid them, but even then, it seems like she can't turn left or right when in flight mode, while Thor can.

To be honest, Even if you replaced Kat with Silver, I still think Thor has a higher chance of winning.

I think Kat is faster when it comes to combat speed. I also think she can definitely avoid some lightning. She is more mobile in air than Thor. She is the Gravity Queen for Pete's sake, of course she can turn in a variety of directions just fine when airborne. Can perform a Mid-air dodge. I do not think Thor can stay airborne without staying still or pulling the breaks.

Based on this gif I believe she can react and avoid attacks that are fast enough to break sound barriers...so far.

I agree. I would probably also say Thor is more destructive so far.

From what I know...I do not think Kat can do major damage to Thor with her standard attacks. Her finishers should probably do the trick. Micro Black Hole is probably the best in her power set for now. She can launch objects using Stasis Field or Gravity Typhoon for range capabilities mostly to knockback Thor.

#21 Posted by gamejutsu (1838 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultimate_knight: I dunno though... I mean she looks pretty strong overall I guess but besides significantly greater gravity manipulation she seems to do the regular telekinesis stuff (Or does she have psychokinesis? Psychokinesis is stronger). Are you saying she's more versatile than Thor, but Thor in general is stronger?

I have a general idea of what Kat can do in the first game, but from my knowledge I don't know if she has anything offensive that could challenge Thor's ability. I mean, right now I doubt even if she had a partner like Silver or Raven that they could win.

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
#22 Posted by Ultimate_Knight (10938 posts) - - Show Bio

@gamejutsu: She can only pick up objects and make them float around through her Statis Field and can launch/throw it off as projectiles...as far as we are shown.

I am not sure about anything about her moving objects with her mind from my knowledge. Her gravity manipulating powers stem from Dusty (the cat), not within herself, so I doubt it.

Yes. I think Kat is more versatile in combat. It also helps that she can switch from "Lunar Gravity," which makes her lighter and faster, and "Jupiter Gravity," which makes her heavier and makes her attacks pack more of a punch in the new game.

Thor, though not as versatile in combat in my point of view, is capable of causing more damage with what he has (amping his hammer's strikes with lightning, calling forth lightning striking more than once, creating tornadoes).

I think with Kat's versatility, sufficient blunt force attacks (knocking out normal people with one kick each in the first portion of the first game, one-shoting and knocking Nevi a few feet away and causing some shockwaves with her best strikes in the animated video) that can be amped with Jupiter Gravity, combat speed that can also be amped with Lunar Gravity and mobility advantage in mid-air, I think she can pull of a win. I think Kat can take a few solid direct hits from Mjolnir before going down as far as I know.

As far as I know, Thor can be staggered and knocked back pretty easily even if the attacks do not hurt him as much. I think it will give enough of an opening for Kat to follow up with stronger attacks, such as quickly switching to Jupiter Gravity (I can switch gravity modes with a swipe on the controller, so I am pretty sure Kat can switch with a thought), go defensive, stagger, strike, and repeat.

Or if Kat is willing to do it, she can hurl pointy sharp objects at Thor and impale him, but I do not think she has it in her to do it. Raven on the other hand, I think she is more likely to do it.