Karnak vs. Taskmaster

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Korg

Accidently posted this in general discussion, please let me know/delete this if it's out of line.

Taskmaster is a master of hand-to-hand combat, and has trained with/stolen from the best, but Karnak can perceive the flaw in anything/anyone. Would Taskmaster's abilities be enough to compensate? I'm inclined to say no, but I'd like to hear what others think; I know Taskmaster is something of a fan favorite.

Edit - We discussed this pretty thoroughly in the other thread, if a mod wants to delete this, feel free.
Post Edited:2008-02-10 18:54:48

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#2  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Previous Discussion: http://www.comicvine.com/message/karnak-vs-taskmaster/550057/

I think it depends on how Taskmaster chooses to start the fight. If he treats Karnak like just a normal, skilled fighter, Karnak would probably walk all over him. If he fights smart and makes Karnak do all the work for a while (he'd have to do this from a distance because h2h might wreck him, but TM has a lot of ranged weapons so he could do it) he might have enough info to start predicting his moves. Then close combat might be possible especially if he combines it with his speed. Karnak still has a good chance at winning in that scenario but that's probably TM best option. Good fight either way.

Doctor Dare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Doctor Dare

Task takes it.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Korg

To anyone that wants to weigh in: PLEASE post WHY you think Taskmaster or Karnak would win. The conclusion that me and Gambler reached in the previous thread is that it would be damn close, and a good fight either way. I think it really depends on how you interpret both character's abilities and how they would factor into the fight. So again, please state the reason(s) you chose whoever you did, as I'm very interested to hear people's actual opinions on how it would play out.

Yes, Taskmaster is a master of hand-to-hand combat. This wouldn't mean much if he tried to deal a deathblow to Karnak and Karnak blocked it, potentially breaking TM's arm/leg. TM also has a vast array of weapons (or so I'm told, I didn't come into this with much knowledge about him, that's why I started the thread). I think a lot of people don't take into consideration that Karnak can see the flaw in ANYTHING. This includes weapons as well as battle tactics.

I think it could go either way. Like I said, it would be a very entertaining fight that I'd very much like to see play out in a comic one day. Unfortunately I can't imagine a book where this confrontation might take place. Perhaps if they do anything with the Inhumans (Silent War left me jonesing for some Inhuman action) they will come up against the Thunderbolts or an Initiative team he's training. Probably not, but a man can dream...

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Static Shock

I'm going with Karnak.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Post Deleted.

Avatar image for legendary_bio_vishanti
Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Karnak can see the weak point in Taskmaster's moves, and can easily strike a nerve to like, make all of Taskmaster's muscles contract or something then give him the finishing blow. At least that's how I see it.

Slash03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leaning towards Karnak