Kahn (USS Vengeance) vs. Thrawn (ISD Chimera)

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1 Lunacyde  Moderator

Scenario:

A.) Kahn (Into Darkness) has successfully re-awakened his crew and taken control of the undamaged USS Vengeance. Kahn warps away to escape the Federation, but due to sabotage by Scotty the warp drive malfunctions and opens a rift in space-time which they slip into.

Suddenly their ship appears in the Outer Rim of the Star Wars Universe, somewhere near Tattooine. The ship cannot warp in any way, but is otherwise fully operational. Meanwhile the Chimera, lead by Grand Admiral Thrawn, is making a routine scan of the area. Suddenly a strange craft appears on their sensors on the far side of Tattooine. Grand Admiral Thrawn decides to intercept the Vengeance and determine the reason for their presence.

Thrawn communicates with Kahn and eventually asks Kahn for his immediate surrender. When Kahn refuses Thrawn decides he has no choice but to attack the mysterious intruder.

B.) If the Situation in A. leads to the destruction of the Vengeance, at the last second Kahn is miraculously able to calculate the shield frequency of the Chimera and beam his entire crew aboard in a last ditch effort to save them from horrific death. Once his crew is aboard the Chimera can they take over the vessel and further their murderous mission? They are all armed with phase pistols and have a taste for vengeance.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

What no Star Wars fans or Trekkies to debate?

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@lunacyde: Yeah, tell me about.... I made a Thrawn V Sisko thread and got 0 hits. Anyway I'm a fan of both, but I have a question for you.... what weapons do you think would be stronger..... turbo-lasers, or phasers? Assuming phasors are strong enough to do damage, and his shield can take a few hits, Kahn should take this. Thrawns a tactical genius, but part of that genius is having intelligence on his enemies, knowing them well enough to predict what they'll do. In this case he has absolutely no information at all. Kahns ship on the other hand should have better sensor's and maneuverability.. Star Destroyers are generally big and slow. With only one of those, and a fleet of fighters that's largely entirely unshielded I don't see how Thrawn takes this. Even if he somehow does, if you then allow for the crew to beam over.... well Stormtroopers are notoriously bad shots.... you do the math on that one. Kahn and crew ftw.

Good fight though, keep these Trek v Star Wars threads commin... I think they're interesting anyway:>)

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lunacyde  Moderator

@lunacyde: Yeah, tell me about.... I made a Thrawn V Sisko thread and got 0 hits. Anyway I'm a fan of both, but I have a question for you.... what weapons do you think would be stronger..... turbo-lasers, or phasers? Assuming phasors are strong enough to do damage, and his shield can take a few hits, Kahn should take this. Thrawns a tactical genius, but part of that genius is having intelligence on his enemies, knowing them well enough to predict what they'll do. In this case he has absolutely no information at all. Kahns ship on the other hand should have better sensor's and maneuverability.. Star Destroyers are generally big and slow. With only one of those, and a fleet of fighters that's largely entirely unshielded I don't see how Thrawn takes this. Even if he somehow does, if you then allow for the crew to beam over.... well Stormtroopers are notoriously bad shots.... you do the math on that one. Kahn and crew ftw.

Good fight though, keep these Trek v Star Wars threads commin... I think they're interesting anyway:>)

#1. I honestly have no idea. I've heard figures from both sides claiming theirs are more powerful. I can say for sure the argument that "lasers" are outdated in Star Trek and lasers can't hurt the Enterprise because of this is seriously flawed. Lasers in Star Trek do not equate to turbo lasers from Star Wars.

#2.Excellent point. I just couldn't think of any plausible way to give Thrawn info on Kahn and his ship. Perhaps I should have had Star Fleet send out a distress call to space to warn of Kahn or something. Then again perhaps this is too much help for the Imperials, I tried to make it as even as I could.

# 3. I know what you're saying with the "Storm Troopers can't hit the broad side of a barn" argument, but don't buy it myself. It's a plot device more than anything. In A New Hope Obi-Wan mentions how precise and accurate Imperial Stormtroopers are and if you read the literature and handbooks Storm Troopers, especially the Specialized ones are very good soldiers. Also depending on when this is the Chimera may have a fallen Jedi aboard in Jorus C'Boath.

#4. TIE Fighters and Interceptors are unshielded, but TIE Advanced, TIE Bombers and Imperial Gunships all do have shields. Given some of these better fighter craft I think they may have a chance combined with the barrage coming from the Star Destroyer. Then again Star Trek does have the advantage in targeting systems.

schillenger420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'll also use the same argument here that I use in Surfer v Superman brawls as too why Superman has a legitimate shot.....:>) The Star Wars folks have to go into hyperspace when they go FTL. Once they're in hyperspace they can't attack or be attacked.... if you want to hurt them you then must bring them out..... kind of like the Surfer. In Star Trek on the other hand, those guys can go FTL and fight at the same time. They've been shown many times to be able to attack while going Warp Speed.... kind of like Superman. I don't see why Khan can't just do repeated high-speed passes on Thrawn..... If that were the case I don't see anything Thrawn can do but go to hyperspace and put some distance between them.... which I think still would count as a win for Khan by... I guess BFR in a weird, "made them leave", kind of way.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Thrawn

better tactician

Avatar image for venomsapprentice
venomsapprentice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points