• Current Timeline Kabal
  • Standard Gear for all
  • Genji's Ultimate Ability retains its cooldown
  • Kabal has access to all Abilities from Mortal Kombat 11
  • Win by any means necessary

No Caption Provided
  • Combatants start 75 ft. apart, visible from each others' sights
  • Civilians and outside interference will not be tolerated

If the battle is too unfair, suggestions on how to make it more balanced are welcome.

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
#2 Posted by Ultimate_Knight (11019 posts) - - Show Bio

EDIT

• Genji's Normal abilities do not have cooldown, but his Ultimate Ability retains its cooldown (April 17-18, 2019)

#3 Posted by TheVivas (19481 posts) - - Show Bio

Genji was able to slice through a car and deflect bullets with his deflect. Does Kabal have anything on that level or near it? Don’t remember him when playing MK.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#4 Posted by EternalDarkFury (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Genji

#5 Posted by StormShadow_X (16766 posts) - - Show Bio

Kaballin, on a serious not I think Genji has better feats. Kaballin is a fan favorite but he's lacking in feats since he's in the newest game hopefully he's a main in an mk 11 comic

#6 Edited by daddyphatsnapz (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Kabal has deflected rapid fire bullets also and is much, much, MUCH faster. He has fought equally skilled or more skilled warriors like Sub Zero and Scorpion and due to Genji having limited access to the dragon blade means he wouldn't last in close quarters. If, and this is a big IF, if Genji can keep distance he wins but when he is fighting someone who moves so fast he teleports, that's gonna be tough. Kabal 8.5/10

#7 Posted by daddyphatsnapz (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Kabal has also shown similar reaction time to Genji on the MK11 story trailer where he also blocks bullets but the difference is that travel speed is no where close. Kabal moves so fast he teleports, however these are only in short bursts, but these bursts of speed must make his speed comparable to the likes of Quicksilver at least. On top of that, Genji would not last well in melee combat due to his limited use of the dragon blade while Kabal has unlimited use of his hook swords. Genji's only chance is to either A: hit him in the face so hard to break his mask, causing Kabal to lose his ability to breathe and causing him to die, or B: to keep distance, which will be difficult due to Kabals ludicrous reaction and travel speed, and even then Kabal has his own projectiles. Kabal wins 8.5/10

#8 Posted by Racob7 (9949 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for hoboswagginssidekick
#9 Posted by HoboSwagginsSidekick (271 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7: hi, I'm Daddyphatsnapz who you replied to, this is just my other account, and no, I don't mean comic Quicksilver, I mean Age of Ultron Quicksilver (Kabal is fast but not comic fast)

#10 Posted by Racob7 (9949 posts) - - Show Bio

@hoboswagginssidekick: I agree with that.

It's sad that nowadays it's safe to just assume people are talking about the MCU when they mention Marvel characters. It makes sense to me why the MCU is more popular for debates but I still wish people would specify more.

Avatar image for hoboswagginssidekick
#11 Posted by HoboSwagginsSidekick (271 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7: I usually use comic characters for debates because it's more interesting. But to scale videogame characters I use movie versions cuz generally they aren't as strong as comic versions

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
#12 Posted by onilordasmodeus (3417 posts) - - Show Bio

I will revisit this thread at the end of the week.

#13 Posted by Racob7 (9949 posts) - - Show Bio

@hoboswagginssidekick: The movie characters are easier to find opponents for because the comic versions are mostly in a league of their own. The movies are more popular than the comics as well so more people are familiar with those versions. The last reason I think is that the comic versions are not consistent with their feats whereas the movie versions mostly are.

#14 Posted by StormShadow_X (16766 posts) - - Show Bio

Need to see more Genji Feats but canals an easy bullet timer to and outside of gameplay I think he's got the better feat.