Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Saren

@Jeronimo said:

Drax solos.

Runner solos.

How exactly does Drax solo when Martian Manhunter can waste his mind? Or when Martian Manhunter, Flash or Firestorm can phase through him and pluck the gem out of his stomach?

StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By StarKiller809

I don't know all of the people from the Marvel team but I am going to go with the Justice League in this one.

I read that Maxima can kill with her mind and Martain Manhunter is there also. Batman could also think of a great plan with all the members so I say the JL has this,

Jeronimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Jeronimo

@CitizenBane: The Power Gem gives the weilder potentially limitless raw power. An area of effect blast, like a Galactus event for example, should lay waste to the team before MM has a chance to scan Drax's mind.

Power Gem[wiki]:

The power gem allows the user to potentially manipulate all the power and energy in the universe that has, or ever will exist. The Power Gem augments the users physical attributes, such as strength and durability, to near infinite levels, and with mastery can allow the user to mimic the effects of energy based superpowers. Full mastery would see the user become invincible in terms of brute power. When combined with the other infinity gems the power gem greatly enhances their effects. It can also be use as an unlimited power supply for any machine. Originally held by Champion until Thanos defeated him and took it from him during Thano's Quest. It is currently in the hands of Namor.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Saren

@Jeronimo said:

@CitizenBane: The Power Gem gives the weilder potentially limitless raw power. An area of effect blast, like a Galactus event for example, should lay waste to the team before MM has a chance to scan Drax's mind.

Considering Drax when he wielded the Power Gem was so dumb he occasionally forgot his own name, he's not exactly the most skillful wielder of the Gem, and given all his attacks were mostly limited to punching stuff and blasts nowhere near (lol) a Galactus event, it's not likely to happen. He's also got no reaction speed to speak of.

The power gem allows the user to potentially manipulate all the power and energy in the universe that has, or ever will exist. The Power Gem augments the users physical attributes, such as strength and durability, to near infinite levels, and with mastery can allow the user to mimic the effects of energy based superpowers. Full mastery would see the user become invincible in terms of brute power. When combined with the other infinity gems the power gem greatly enhances their effects. It can also be use as an unlimited power supply for any machine. Originally held by Champion until Thanos defeated him and took it from him during Thano's Quest. It is currently in the hands of Namor.

Wiki entries are always fantastic arguments.

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By whydama

@CitizenBane:

I dont think MM can waste the mind of an Elder of the Universe. I doubt he can even read Runner's mind.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Saren

@whydama said:

@CitizenBane:

I dont think MM can waste the mind of an Elder of the Universe. I doubt he can even read Runner's mind.

Status is not an argument. And I was talking about Drax, not Runner. Their names aren't even similar, so why are you bringing up Runner?

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By SupremeHyperion

Actually that version of drax is mindless pretty much so what does he intend to do with nothing?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Saren

@SupremeHyperion said:

Actually that version of drax is mindless pretty much so what does he intend to do with nothing?

Being an idiot and being mindless are not the same thing. Drax was the former.

SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SupremeHyperion

and what do you intend to get from an idiot? by the time they realized what drax was able to do with his power it would be too late for the rest of the team. It's not like they'd be like oh that guy get him... in fact trying to read minds they'd probably pass him over due to his ignorance. so that would give his squad the edge in that regard.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody on team DC is taking on a Gem powered Runner. Team Marvel ftw due to Runner.

Jeronimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jeronimo

@CitizenBane:

Second Ressurection[again, wiki]:

When Drax was later resurrected, his physical might increased, but suffered severe mental disability in his new incarnation. Instead of his ability to sense Thanos across vast distances, Drax possessed the ability to sense when beings were in recent contact with Thanos, and a precognitive ability to sense when beings will be in contact with Thanos in the near future. Drax's strength was comparable to that of the Hulk, but lacking the latter's rage-fueled potential.

With thePower Gem, Drax was a truly unstoppable force with limitless strength. He subconsciously used the Power Gem to tap into it's power and grew stronger and stronger.

Witness Drax blasting Death:

I think that Drax could subconciously tap into enought power for a sufficient area of effect blast. It doesn't have to be on the scale of a Galactus event, just enough to KO team.

MB25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MB25

The Justice League takes this, due to the fact that the name for Marvel's team is stupid

"MARVEL LEAGUE BUSTER SQUAD" ...right

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AngryHulks

Martian Manhunter? Shaman X-Man is here....

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MAZAHS117

I'm think Runner probably solo's this....The Space Gem may even be overkill

SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SupremeHyperion

Wait, how much prep time does batman get???? lol

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Saren

@SupremeHyperion said:

and what do you intend to get from an idiot? by the time they realized what drax was able to do with his power it would be too late for the rest of the team. It's not like they'd be like oh that guy get him... in fact trying to read minds they'd probably pass him over due to his ignorance. so that would give his squad the edge in that regard.

Why exactly would an idiot's mind be impossible to shut down? I'm not talking about the rest of the team, I'm talking about the claim that if Drax was on his own he'd solo, and given that he has no defense against mental attacks Martian Manhunter can take him out, and anyone who can phase (MMH, Flash, Firestorm) can remove the gem from his stomach. Thor punched him in the gut and Drax spat out the gem, for god's sake.

@Jeronimo: Wiki entries are still not an argument. Seriously, come on.

Absolutely nothing happened to Death as a result of that blast. What was the point of that scan? It's like if I posted a scan of Superman flying through the Spectre and claimed he thus one-shots everyone in sight by doing the same, even though nothing happened to the Spectre.

Drax is not capable of any kind of logical thought. He is barely capable of holding one thought and carrying that out to its conclusion. He also has no reaction speed, so he's not pulling anything off before he gets attacked. The Martian is far faster, who do you think is going to strike first?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Saren

Runner can solo with the Space Gem. Drax cannot.

CharlesMartel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CharlesMartel

Runner solos

SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SupremeHyperion

Oh I didn't say anything about Drax soloing, I just mentioned that taking his mind would be in a way pointless (I actually stated how drax would act with others fighting along him in a non Solo situation)

Here's a question though..... say MM phased into hiim and grabbed the gem at that point he would have to solidify to grab it in theory now phasing into Draxes being so then every time he went phase mode wouldn't he in term turn drax into phase form as they would now be one being? and in that state I could see where MM would then maybe have mental connection with Drax but also the other way around with MM being tangible and then Drax being able to finish him off too? Either way Marvel team wins (unless batman has prep..... :) as proven by Comic Vine Folk Lore)

nvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By nvr

Runner does not solo. Flash with SF, is more than a match.

nvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By nvr

Also, what makes the stunner solo? I recall nothing that he did that was out of anyone here's feat level.

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By robertloucksjr

Runner is a 100 tonner Flash who can fly, has millenia more experience, and can't die. I think he can solo.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jeanroygrant

Marvel. They have Infinity Gems.

nvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By nvr

Infinity gems mean nothing unless the user is uber. That is like saying krytonians auto win because they have Superman's powers.

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jackofspades

@jeanroygrant said:

this, marvel stomps hard maybe spite

nvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By nvr

Marvel stomps? DS cm do all that any can do, and he has been beaten by WW and Superman.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jeanroygrant

@jackofspades said:

@jeanroygrant said:

this, marvel stomps hard maybe spite

Yep.

jackofspades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jackofspades

@nvr said:

Marvel stomps? DS cm do all that any can do, and he has been beaten by WW and Superman.