Jungle Hunt (Wookiees vs Catachan Jungle Fighters)

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

A squad of 7 of each of these fierce warriors is placed in The Amazon Rainforest inside a 10 mile radius of eachother. Their goal is to hunt down and kill the other. Wookiees are armed with 3 Wookiee Longrifles and 4 with bowcasters and all carry ryyk blades, each Wookiee has 2 thermal detonators. The Catachan Jungle Fighters are carrying their traditional knives and 6 are carrying lasguns, one is armed with a heavy bolter, all Catachan fighters have 2 frag grenades and the heavy bolter Gunner has 2 demolition charges.

Which jungle fighter will emerge victorious?

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tags

Star Wars

@subline:@geekryan:@eslay03:@jedisympathiz3r@mike_strike10:@themadtitan6000@catman5@light123@ronan6996@redhotstar:@chaosherc:@red_leader

Warhammer 40k

@mrfloridaguy@pedro50

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

advent_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Catachan win, better at shooting.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-64173259e84e1
deactivated-64173259e84e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonnate: Catachan's are superior in training, fighting in more dangerous jungles, equal to superior gear, as they only lack the strength of a wookie and or possible durability, but everyone's prolly gonna die to their foes guns pretty quick.

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Catachans win if they manage to stay at range. If wookiees manage to sneak in close the humans are dead though

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterofmatches: Catachan is indeed more deadly than Khashyyyk, but I wouldn't count the Wookiees out in terms of skill in jungle terrain given they literally evolved for it.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else?

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#10  Edited By shroudofsorrow

Generic Wookies are (in my opinion) too varied/undefined. I think you'd need to specify more (IE: is this Wookies from the Battle of Kashyyyk during the Clone Wars, is it Wookie soldiers aligned with the Rebel Alliance, etc.)?

Although really, I think Cheth's analysis is probably correct regardless.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: in your opinion, what would the difference between these two groups of wookiees be?

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Generic Wookies are (in my opinion) too varied/undefined. I think you'd need to specify more (IE: is this Wookies from the Battle of Kashyyyk during the Clone Wars, is it Wookie soldiers aligned with the Rebel Alliance, etc.)?

Although really, I think Cheth's analysis is probably correct regardless.

My opinion is always correct regardless ;)

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@paragonnate: Probably not a ton of difference, but Clone Wars Kashyyyk Wookies seemed to be a formal army and so would be more organized / "uniform". The Rebels tend to be more of a motley crew with a lot less uniformity. This means that the former should (at least in theory) be easier to gauge.

Then there's also OR-Era Kashyyyk Wookies, who still have bowcasters, but are also much more adept with swords, which they actually carry and use fairly often. Those plus Wookie strength would make me favor them against the Catachan in melee, though given how OP almost everything in 40K is, and the fact that the Catachan's melee weapons should be fully capable of hurting Wookies, even that can be debatable, and the Guardsmen will still probably give as good as they get.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By shroudofsorrow

@paragonnate: Fair enough. Then I'd say it can maybe go either way, but my instinct is to favor the Catachan because (again), virtually everything in 40K is stupidly OP, even the Imperial Guard.

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonnate: Catachan's are superior in training, fighting in more dangerous jungles, equal to superior gear, as they only lack the strength of a wookie and or possible durability, but everyone's prolly gonna die to their foes guns pretty quick.

Mostly this though IMO Catachans are same strength as Wookies and durability. They are not normal or even peak humans. They are consider super human able to fight Orks including Nobs in close combat and wielding Heavy Bolters on the go, which is Space Marine level bullshit.

Also better train and fighting in close combat I mean they hand to hand deadly Nid strains like Warrior and Genestealers. Wookie has shit on that.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: the guard are excellent tough as nails human soldiers. But I wouldn't call them OP personally, they're one of the facets of 40k that fall into a slightly less ridiculous range of killyness. Catachan are a different breed though, a cut above.

Avatar image for deactivated-64173259e84e1
deactivated-64173259e84e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijuking: I didnt realize Catachans were super human. I mean I saw their jacked arms but i figured they were like peak human or around batman level or so. I guess batman would be stronger than a wookie possibly, but didn't realize they were that stronk. :O

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijuking: I don't recall normal Catachan fighters doing some of those things. And I'd say a wookiee could take a nob, at least exceptional wookiees can, and normal Catachans don't go around bullying Nobs. Or Nid Warriors for that matter. I'm going to have to ask for a quote or scan of that, because that I'd love to see.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterofmatches: I mean, the Guard are superhuman by RL standards, but not by their world's. And yes, Batman is the same.

@shroudofsorrow: the guard are excellent tough as nails human soldiers. But I wouldn't call them OP personally, they're one of the facets of 40k that fall into a slightly less ridiculous range of killyness. Catachan are a different breed though, a cut above.

Fair enough. I've just learned to assume 40K wins by default after seeing so many "40K LOLstomps because [insert laundry list of insanely over-the-top feats]". It's therefore always nice to see fights where they don't curbstomp.

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijuking: I don't recall normal Catachan fighters doing some of those things. And I'd say a wookiee could take a nob, at least exceptional wookiees can, and normal Catachans don't go around bullying Nobs. Or Nid Warriors for that matter. I'm going to have to ask for a quote or scan of that, because that I'd love to see.

I dont have Quotes as these examples are in the Novels "Last Chancers" where we see Catachan in Armageddon Jungles kill Nobs in close combat in second novel and regular IG main character kill Nid Warriors in the first novel.

In the Canon DOW 2 game the Catachans are stated the close combat force best to kill Chaos fucking Marines thanks to their CQC and Catachan Blades. Exceptional Catachan lime Marbo takes out armies for exceptional types lol.

Even regular Imperial guard take out Chaos Marines. Loo at First Tanith Novels/Comics or in the Crusade comics where IG and their Sarge take out Rubic Chaos Marines in closew combat mind you for both examples. Catachans are by default cut above IG in CQC ability.

Im not seeing how No armor, and barely train Wookies can compete.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijuking: Catachans and regular Imperial Guard don't beat Chaos Marines in close combat, not even close. When the Guard kill traitor astartes it typically involves numbers and lots of heavy weapons. I would like to see the quotes of the battle in question that your referencing please. Sly Marbo is about as close to normal Catachan as a Primarch is to a Space Marine Scout, he's so above and beyond his countrymen practically deify him, he's not normal.

The Wookiee warriors aren't untrained lol. Wookiees train and hunt in the Shadowlands of Khashyyyk, both against massive apex predators and against other Wookiee tribes. Wookiees display excellent skill in various martial arts like wrestling and swordsmanship, fighting other wookiees as well as various invaders like slavers, imperials, megacorporation security forces and on and on. Wookiees also have physical strength that's far beyond human, even exceptional humans don't to things like rip people's arms off or rip apart machines like paper. Wookiees also live far longer than humans and accrue more experience, a Wookiee living to be 500 isn't uncommon, Tarrful has been a general and war leader for several human lifetimes at this point, and was the commander of Wookiee defense of Khashyyyk during the Clone Wars to use just one example.

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijuking: Catachans and regular Imperial Guard don't beat Chaos Marines in close combat, not even close. When the Guard kill traitor astartes it typically involves numbers and lots of heavy weapons. I would like to see the quotes of the battle in question that your referencing please. Sly Marbo is about as close to normal Catachan as a Primarch is to a Space Marine Scout, he's so above and beyond his countrymen practically deify him, he's not normal.

The Wookiee warriors aren't untrained lol. Wookiees train and hunt in the Shadowlands of Khashyyyk, both against massive apex predators and against other Wookiee tribes. Wookiees display excellent skill in various martial arts like wrestling and swordsmanship, fighting other wookiees as well as various invaders like slavers, imperials, megacorporation security forces and on and on. Wookiees also have physical strength that's far beyond human, even exceptional humans don't to things like rip people's arms off or rip apart machines like paper. Wookiees also live far longer than humans and accrue more experience, a Wookiee living to be 500 isn't uncommon, Tarrful has been a general and war leader for several human lifetimes at this point, and was the commander of Wookiee defense of Khashyyyk during the Clone Wars to use just one example.

Most Guard will die in droves to a space marine, then you have elite ones like Cadians, Catachans, and Tanith who in stories kill Chaos marines many times. Its happen. At best you can argue them as high end outliers but then thats better outliers than Wookies have period.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

These are ones off the top of my head. Peak "humans" can spar, and kill Chaos marines even in close combat regardless of the Chaos marines super strength or speed in comparison. It happens.

Whats more impressive really? Surviving trips to the Shadow land, or living everyday on Catachan where 90% fauna wants to kill you, poisons of all kinds all around, Catachan Devils and creatures just as vicious, or hell where little frogs can explode with nuclear force if disturbed? https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Catachan_Barking_Toad

Catachan is major leagues world series where Wookie world is school baseball.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijuking: Those are outliers yes. Ciaphas Caine who is time and again listed as a fantastic exceptional swordsman by human standards, doesn't even manage to tag a Space Marine in sparring once the Marine gets serious. Inquisitor Eisenhorn, who is also a powerful psyker capable of swatting bullets out of the air is horribly outmatched and useless against a member of the Emperor's Children Legion. The guardsmen that manage to kill Astartes are freak instances or incredibly lucky and would 9 times out of 10 die.

On Khashyyyk, almost everything wants to kill you too, Wookiees can survive just fine in the Shadowlands, they just prefer not to deal with the hassle if they can avoid it in the treetops of the wroshyr trees. Their warriors retreated into the Shadowlands and used them as a base of operations when resisting the Empire due to how extremely deadly it was to everything but them and watched as Imperial columns and assaults had to fight the jungle itself to survive. I think your massively downplaying just how terrifying the Shadowlands are. And no, the frogs aren't nuclear level of destruction lol.

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaijuking: Fine by me, I just think the walking carpets would give the Rambo fan club a good run

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump, anyone else?

Avatar image for mordhauextreme1
MordhauExtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers