Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is the starting distance like? How cautious is Sasuke willing to be here?

Sasuke can hypothetically gain the knowledge of Jotaro's timestop by observing him doing it with the Sharingan, If Sasuke is willing to gauge Jotaro with a shadow clone before facing him himself.

With knowledge and a good enough starting distance, a small timestop can potentially be planned around.

Supposing Sasuke gets the opportunity to create a hundred or so Shadow Clones? Jotaro can waste the duration of his timestop attacking the clones and Sasuke can oneshot him afterwards with a quick teleportation behind him and a stab.

Though yes, in a normal in-character match, Jotaro could totally timestop-blitz.

Then again, in character, he'd want a fair fight, like what he ultimately had with Dio.

Exactly how fast is Jotaro then? Not just combat or reaction but mid-range travel speed? Regardless, this is certainly an interesting fight.

Avatar image for vintage_spiderman
vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lightspeed when scaled off Polynaref and his stand(I forget his name I think that's the correct spelling), but consistently he isn't someone who even hebi Sasuke would have trouble with in the speed department. Also why do JOJO characters get the DBZ treatment and "ALWAYS" get the scaling pass meanwhile if you try to do any bit of scaling or even use canon novels, canon movies, canon guidebooks lore, scripts, etc... regarding a Naruto character you are made out to be someone who shouldn't be taken seriously? Sasuke should win imo.

vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vintage_spiderman

I mean Jotaro plucking a bullet at close range was definitely a showcase of superhuman levels of speed, but really nothing insane when compared to a Naruto character who has been at least supersonic since a child.

Eh people should honestly factor in consistency more often. If not then I guess Spidey is hypersonic with building tier enhanced lifting strength.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Theorder14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Theorder14

Sasuke wins. Jotaro's attack range is extremely short and he can only reach his enemy with time-stop if they're within 5 meters(depends on version i guess). Jotaro's movement speed isn't that fast either.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vintage_spiderman: Yea, the real question is how fast Jotaro himself can move the span of 500 meters.

If he can do it with time to spare in a single timestop, he wins this easily.

If he can only cover about 200 meters per timestop, it's a fight in Jotaro's favor.

If he can only cover about 100 meters per timestop, it's a fight in Sasuke's favor.

If he can only cover about 50 meters per timestop, Jotaro might win based on location (if he manages to get off the streets, I suppose in this case. Konoha is actually a remarkably good battleground for him.)

If he can't even cover 10 meters in the duration of the timestop, he doesn't have a chance against even a remotely serous Sasuke.

vintage_spiderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatguywithheadphones: What am I being exposed to? A guidebook entry or the manga with next panel description of Jotaro's power level with letter grade figures? Either way Sasuke has waaaaay better consistency with feats non debatably/factually and statements and scaling ranging from supersonic to ftl. Anyway though I'll stop ducking it I will accept my mistake though I guess that makes it a statement plus scaling to justify ftl Jotaro instead of just the Polynaref thing I stated earlier.

Well besides that where has Jotaro ever been depicted as the blitzy type anyway I mean he's not that type of fighter although he's definitely rushdown alongside being fast he doesn't exactly blitz like i.e. a Hiei type of character would 55% of the time or more(from what I remember) I've seen all of part 3 and that's not his style he can overwhelme with speed and power yes, but be fair and honest here he isn't doing what Sasuke did to Gaara during part 1, Madara during war arc post power boost, Tobi/Deidara pre Itachi fight, random curse mark level two psycho experiment before meeting Jugo, etc... you see Sasuke has quite an extensive history of this combat type moreso than Jotaro. And he's not even necessarily a blitzy guy he relies on eye hax and techniques too. Possibly chalk it up to screen time, but still the showings are there.

Also the reason I bring that up is due to the truth being "borderline anything" Sasuke's does besides maybe breathing will kill him/Jotaro, and that's if Sasuke doesn't accidentally weave a handsign whilst breathing if that happens all bets are off LOL.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatguywithheadphones: That scan would imply that the stand itself is Ftl, rather than Jotaro. This doesn't help Jotaro blitz since, as that scan points out, Star Platinum only has average range and can only go about 5 meters from Jotaro's body. Thus, Jotaro can blitz (without timeskip) Sasuke if Sasuke gets within 5 meters of him. But Sasuke's standard Attack range can be way more than 5 meters (it can actually span several kilometers if he's willing to just nuke the place), so given just a bit of caution, Sasuke would easily win against Jotaro if he doesn't have his timestop.

Jotaro's timestop makes all of the difference.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@vintage_spiderman:

What am I being exposed to? A guidebook entry or the manga with next panel description of Jotaro's power level?

The latter.

but be fair and honest here he isn't doing what Sasuke did to Gaara during part 1, Madara during war arc post power boost, Tobi/Deidara pre Itachi fight, random curse mark level two psycho experiment before meeting Jugo, etc... you see Sasuke has quite an extensive history of this combat type moreso than Jotaro.

Sure. That's not how he fights, he doesn't rush at the enemy, but using the forums apparent default 5 meters rules the fight is assumed to start right in Jotaro comfort zones, so he can summon SP and just punch Sasuke's shit in.

Also the reason I bring that up is due to the truth being "borderline anything" Sasuke's does besides maybe breathing will kill him/Jotaro, and that's if Sasuke doesn't accidentally weave a handsign whilst breathing if that happens all bets are off LOL.

I agree, that's why I honest stay out of most JJBA battles, despite having a star tattoo on the nape of my neck. Most are stomps one way or the other. If Honestly if the battle starts at 10 meters Sasuke would cut JJ in half.

Vonstantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When was it stated Sharingan could see Stands again?

Chaos239

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vonstantine: When Sasuke used his rinnegan which he always has active to see Limbo Clones which exist in another plane of existence.

FlashingSabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FlashingSabre

@gnomishness: Jotaro couldn't cover ten meters in 2 seconds during a Time Stop. He's nowhere near lightspeed.

Walsodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sasuke stomps. First of all, Jotaro has FTL reactions, but that's about it. His travel speed is around average human's level. Even Star Platinum's FTL punches won't be able to damage Sasuke, as he already tanked a lot powerful attacks. Time stop doesn't help here at all. Even if Sasuke can't damage Star Platinum due to its intangiblity (only Stand users can see and harm other Stands), he can simply kill Jotaro who is slightly above average human.

Avatar image for themingebaron66
TheMingeBaron66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sasuke, Sasuke is already far faster then light and has more hax.

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sasuke can't hit Jotaro because he can't damage SP and SP is faster than Sasuke. Jotaro can't dmg Sasuke

Stalemate

mevbi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sasuke stomps. Jojo isn't FTL, stop the nonesense

Avatar image for heinrichthehero
HeinrichTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points