Jon Snow vs Bronn

• 89 results
#1 Posted by UFT (4533 posts) - - Show Bio

tv versions

jon has a regular knight's sword, not longclaw.

knowledge: reputation and rumor

#2 Posted by SmoothSanta (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does the sword matter? It hasn't done anything special too normal people.

Probably Bronn. He seems like a better fighter and doesn't seem to find fighting dirty a bad thing.

Jonn seems to struggle in a lot of his fights but still pull it off.

#3 Posted by Iragexcudder (9464 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by rogueshadow (29593 posts) - - Show Bio

@smoothsanta: Valyrian steel has superior weighting, is lighter, faster, sharper and 'nigh on indestructible'.

#5 Posted by lettsplay10 (20589 posts) - - Show Bio

bronn

#6 Posted by Spambot (9530 posts) - - Show Bio

Bronn should destroy Jon both in the books or in the tv shows. Jon might last a while but Bronn has almost every conceivable advantage in a duel. Strength, experience, quickness is prob about even plus he has no qualms about killing.

#7 Posted by PLAYA1 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

Bronn. Good fight, though.

#8 Posted by FatherChaos (2668 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you guys think Bronn could beat Styr? Bronn beat Vardis by tiring him out since he was wearing heavy armor, Styr has no armor and has much greater reach.

#9 Posted by MrHamWallet (3194 posts) - - Show Bio

Bronn handily TV or books.

#10 Posted by MrHamWallet (3194 posts) - - Show Bio

@fatherchaos: TV or books? Bronn can be tricky to place sometimes but he's not all about tiring his opponents out before he fights, he was really just proving his point about the armour weighing him down.

Personally yes I'd give it to Bronn, Styr has the reach and strength but he's slower and less maneuverable because of it, Bronn is one of the most intelligent fighters in the show/books. Plus if Bronn can close down that distance quickly Styr's weapon is just hindering him, while Bronn has his knives too.

#11 Posted by EyeDCyou (7512 posts) - - Show Bio

Bronn. He hasn't really struggled against anyone, where Jon has almost been killed a few times.

#12 Posted by SmoothSanta (2897 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Iragexcudder (9464 posts) - - Show Bio

@smoothsanta: Briennes Oathbreaker, of which is Valyrian Steel, broke swords when she swung them and connected. They literally said this a hundred times in both the books and the show

#14 Posted by Thedailybagel (12968 posts) - - Show Bio

@eyedcyou: partly because he hasn't really properly fought many people of note.

#15 Posted by Eisenfauste (17366 posts) - - Show Bio

Bronn

#16 Posted by Chazz85 (5201 posts) - - Show Bio

Bronn in a good fight

#17 Posted by rickythanos (1582 posts) - - Show Bio

Jon w/o longclaw means a win for Bronn

WITH longclaw, match is over quickly in Jons favor.

#18 Posted by willpayton (22200 posts) - - Show Bio

Bronn

#19 Posted by SmoothSanta (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

@iragexcudder: Those are two different swords and two different people.

#20 Posted by haoalchemist (6196 posts) - - Show Bio

bronn snow got rekt by handmade arrows

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
#21 Posted by TheNaughtyTitan (10001 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot said:

Bronn should destroy Jon both in the books or in the tv shows. Jon might last a while but Bronn has almost every conceivable advantage in a duel. Strength, experience, quickness is prob about even plus he has no qualms about killing.

Since when has Jon had a problem with killing? And I don't think Bronn has any strength feats (tv) so how is he stronger?

@iragexcudder: Those are two different swords and two different people.

Both of the swords are made of the same thing... so what? I get that strength may be different between Brienne and Jon but them being two different swords is a terrible counter argument...

#22 Posted by Keehn93 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

@smoothsanta: sword that can cut through steel, white walkers, is far lighter & sharper. Why the hell would the sword not matter?

Any average joe is going to be able to beat whatever boxer with brass knuckles on & the right punch. Gear helps win battles.

I'd take Bronn for 6/10. Jons to determined & not stupid/arrogant like Bronns only other opponent.

#23 Edited by TheNaughtyTitan (10001 posts) - - Show Bio
@keehn93 said:

@smoothsanta: sword that can cut through steel, white walkers, is far lighter & sharper. Why the hell would the sword not matter?

Any average joe is going to be able to beat whatever boxer with brass knuckles on & the right punch. Gear helps win battles.

I'd take Bronn for 6/10. Jons to determined & not stupid/arrogant like Bronns only other opponent.

Do you mean wights? It's far more impressive that it can cut through wights considering they're made if flesh and bone and unlike white walkers they don't shatter when you cut them. I don't think cutting a white walker is impressive unless the books say something impressive about their durability....

#24 Posted by pr0d1gy (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

Bronn has experience.

John Snow doesn't.

Bronn wins and fairly easily.

#25 Posted by TheNaughtyTitan (10001 posts) - - Show Bio

@pr0d1gy said:

Bronn has experience.

John Snow doesn't.

Jon* may not have as much experience as Bronn but to say he doesn't have experience is ignorant considering he clearly does.

#26 Posted by pr0d1gy (3300 posts) - - Show Bio

@pr0d1gy said:

Bronn has experience.

John Snow doesn't.

Jon* may not have as much experience as Bronn but to say he doesn't have experience is ignorant considering he clearly does.

He doesn't really have experience, just practise.

#27 Posted by SmoothSanta (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

@keehn93 said:

Okay, how many swords have you seen Jon Snow cut through.........exactly....

@thenaughtytitan: What do you mean them being two different swords doesn't matter? Uhh once could be bigger, one could be longer, one could have a thicker blade......yea only a few factors. Yes Brienne seems to be physically stronger than Jon when it comes to swinging that blade.

#28 Posted by Keehn93 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

@keehn93 said:

Do you mean wights? It's far more impressive that it can cut through wights considering they're made if flesh and bone and unlike white walkers they don't shatter when you cut them. I don't think cutting a white walker is impressive unless the books say something impressive about their durability....

Valyrain steel sword = White walker ice blade which cut through mail & castle forged steel swords. White Walkers do not shatter when you cut them with Steel. Only Dragonglass & Valyrian steel.

Opening prologue of A Game Of Thrones (Book) is about the guy would Edard Stark beheads at the beginning of the book, who is a nightswatch who goes beyond the wall on a ranging & sees the White Walkers.

Basically a white walkers ice blade has similar feats to Valyrian steel.

#29 Posted by TheNaughtyTitan (10001 posts) - - Show Bio

@smoothsanta: How would you know one is bigger though? My bet is on Jon's being bigger because oath keeper was the product of a bigger sword melted down into two smaller ones. It doesn't matter much, all we know is what they're made out of and you don't have any proof of the swords having key differences so your point is kind of null.

#30 Posted by pateuvasiliu (902 posts) - - Show Bio

Fairly balanced. Jon was doing okay vs Karl, but he lost. However, Karl would likely beat Bronn. He's a fookin legend.

I'd say Bronn 6 out of 10 times.

#31 Posted by Spambot (9530 posts) - - Show Bio

@spambot said:

Since when has Jon had a problem with killing? And I don't think Bronn has any strength feats (tv) so how is he stronger?

In the books Jon is still more like a boy. On the show I think he is more like 19. Bronn having been a sellsword for 20 years would be stronger. On the show Jon would have been killed a couple of times now except that someone else saved him. Bronn is more skilled than any of those people. I say he has qualms because that is just part of who Jon is. He doesn't like to kill and would prefer not to. Bronn could kill someone as easily as eat breakfast.

#32 Posted by Iragexcudder (9464 posts) - - Show Bio

@smoothsanta: ITS STILL VALYRIAN STEEL WHAT ARENT YOU UNDERSTANDING?

#33 Posted by rickythanos (1582 posts) - - Show Bio

If you don't think what the sword is made of matters, you should really read up on late bronze age history. It made ALL the difference

#34 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10677 posts) - - Show Bio

Jon Snow wins.....(he's so hot) hahaha

#35 Posted by SmoothSanta (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry, Does Valyrian steel= 100% Instant sword shatter? If so why hasn't it been displayed? WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND!!!!!?

#36 Posted by Keehn93 (999 posts) - - Show Bio

@iragexcudder said:

I'm sorry, Does Valyrian steel= 100% Instant sword shatter? If so why hasn't it been displayed? WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND!!!!!?

depends on the force of contact it seems. We've only really seen Ice & Oathkeeper in comber & it is safe to say Jon Snow swings his sword far harder than Brienne of Tarth as he is a male.

#37 Posted by SmoothSanta (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

@keehn93: Yea but she's a unit. Also she's a knight and handled her own against The Hound and even beat him.

#38 Edited by schillenger420 (1633 posts) - - Show Bio

If this was early Jon Snow I'd say Bronn no question. However, at this point in the books/show Jon actually has some pretty decent feats in the fighting area. Also, remember, we've not actually seen Bronn fight that much. He went through the battle of the Blackwater and was knighted for it, but we didn't actually see him fight. He rode with Tyrion in a battle against Robb, but again... we didn't really see him fight. I would contend we've actually seen better combat feats from Snow. Given the fight is in the open, (as opposed to Jon's fight against Karl which for tactical reasons really hampered Snow) and Jon seems to have picked up on the difference between the way he was taught to fight and the way you actually fight in combat... i.e in actual combat there is NO such thing as fighting dirty.... i'm actually giving the slight majority to Snow. Bronn's got tricks, Bronn's clever, and Bronn's got skill.... but he also has a whole lot of bravado. It's that kind of swagger and overconfidence which loses him the majority against a deadly serious Jon Snow.

#39 Posted by Iragexcudder (9464 posts) - - Show Bio

@smoothsanta: you know nothing. Brienne isn't a knight, she says so herself in every way imaginable.

Valyrian steel is magic crafted and is exceedingly more powerful than regular steel. Listen for once

#40 Posted by D3athstroke (5113 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to admit that Bronn is much more impressive in TV Show then in Books. Also i have to say that Snow can throw away his sword and beat Bronn to death with his own fist.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#41 Edited by buttersdaman000 (23224 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm good fight....I'm going with Jon. He's faced and defeated tougher opponents than Bronn i.e a wight, thenn leader and the fookin legend Karl. We've also seen him beast through multiple big battles and take injuries like a tank. Bronn, on the other had, has only defeated the Vale knight and a bunch of fodder as far as I can remember.

#42 Posted by Silverrings (5452 posts) - - Show Bio

From what i've seen Bronn seems like the better overall combatant, and he's much nastier, so i reckon he'd win. It'd be a good fight, though.

#43 Posted by JediXMan (42910 posts) - - Show Bio

Jon Snow had trouble against a sellsword when he went to Craster's. He was almost killed because he couldn't adapt to somebody who fought dirty and used two daggers.

Bronn is better than that guy. Bronn would fight dirty, he's faster, and he has more experience.

#44 Posted by JediXMan (42910 posts) - - Show Bio
@keehn93 said:

Okay, how many swords have you seen Jon Snow cut through.........exactly....

@thenaughtytitan: What do you mean them being two different swords doesn't matter? Uhh once could be bigger, one could be longer, one could have a thicker blade......yea only a few factors. Yes Brienne seems to be physically stronger than Jon when it comes to swinging that blade.

Oathkeeper was made from Ice after it had been melted down and reforged into two swords. Technically, it should be weaker, not stronger. But since it does not appear weaker, they should be comparable.

No, it does not consistently break all other metals. But Valyrian steel swords are confirmed to be superior to every other sword, that is not up for debate.

#45 Posted by SmoothSanta (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

@smoothsanta: you know nothing. Brienne isn't a knight, she says so herself in every way imaginable.

Valyrian steel is magic crafted and is exceedingly more powerful than regular steel. Listen for once

My mistake, she isn't a knight, she just beat their asses to get into the Kingsguard. She's still twice as experienced in combat than Jon Snow. Unless of course you think otherwise.
I know nothing though so......

#46 Posted by Mije_101 (1549 posts) - - Show Bio

Sir Bronn.

#47 Posted by Iragexcudder (9464 posts) - - Show Bio

@smoothsanta: sounds about right. I fail to see how Briennes combat experience make her able to break swords? You're arguing for the sake of arguing and you've had nothing.. I don't understand, you don't understand, just stop replying because you're making my head hurt.

#48 Posted by D3athstroke (5113 posts) - - Show Bio

@smoothsanta: sounds about right. I fail to see how Briennes combat experience make her able to break swords? You're arguing for the sake of arguing and you've had nothing.. I don't understand, you don't understand, just stop replying because you're making my head hurt.

Normal steel is supposed to shatter when hit with valyrian steel, but it looks like they forgot about it in TV show.

#49 Posted by ComicStooge (22063 posts) - - Show Bio

Bronn

#50 Posted by SmoothSanta (2897 posts) - - Show Bio

Wtf......how does combat experience swing a sword harder? Are you serious? Well you see there's this thing called technique, and Briennes is arguably a sh*tload better than Jons. I'm arguing because you think Valerian Steel is the answer to all things but it's not.

@iragexcudder said:

Normal steel is supposed to shatter when hit with valyrian steel, but it looks like they forgot about it in TV show.

Yea, but the OP stated this is from the TV version, not the book.