Jon (Game of Thrones) and Bjorn (Vikings) VS Declan (Frontier) and Uhtred (The Last Kingdom)

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

Jon Snow and Bjorn Ironside:

No Caption Provided

Declan Harp and Uhtred of Bebbanburg

No Caption Provided

Rules:

1. All combatants are in character and in their prime.
  2. Willing to work together.
  3. Fight to the death.
  4. Gear: as pictured.

Rounds:

1. Trial by combat in a gladiatorial arena. Teams start 20 ft apart facing one another, broad daylight.
  2. Each duo is part of a large army in the middle of a large open battle. The two duos meet one another on the battlefield after some time spent butchering enemy troops. Fight takes place in a leveled valley, chaos ensues all around them as the two armies fight.
  3. Both teams start at opposite ends of a small abandoned village in a moonless night, out of each other's sight. Seek and destroy.
  4. Alehouse brawl, unarmed and unarmored. Perfectly sober, fighting over some chickens.
destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By destinyman75

Team one by feats

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 the_red_viper  Moderator

Team one but feats

I'm having a tough time understanding the syntax here.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 the_red_viper  Moderator
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6 JediXMan  Moderator

I know nothing about team 2 (seen Vikings and it's great - highly recommend).

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@jedixman said:

I know nothing about team 2 (seen Vikings and it's great - highly recommend).

Well, some feats are in order then, I guess. Be warned for spoilers if you plan on watching these shows, both of which I highly recommend. If you wanna avoid spoilers and skip these videos, I will just say that I view Declan as the physically superior fighter in this match and Uhtred as the most skilled, and Jon and Bjorn are both well-balanced in both these categories.

Declan:

Here Declan fights Vladimir Tetukin, a bounty hunter sent after him. Tetukin was able to crush a man's skull into splinters (a-la Gregor) with a single stomp, to tell you a thing or two about Harp's durability, taking hits from him like that. Important to note that right after that fight he still had the strength to sprint a long distance:

Loading Video...

Here he ghosts 2 bounty hunters sent after him:

Loading Video...

Murdering some Red-Coats:

Loading Video...

Running through Red-Coats:

Loading Video...

I can't find other good videos and I'm too tired and lazy to make GIFs at the moment, but that's the general idea. He's probably the most physically imposing fighter here, and the most savage.

Uhtred:

In an extremely impressive display of skill and speed, Uhtred vaults over the enemy shield wall and starts butchering men left and right:

Loading Video...

Kills Ubba, one of the most feared viking warriors of his time in single combat (yes it's supposedly the same Ubba from "Vikings"):

Loading Video...

After being trampled by horses, gets up and fights his way to yet another renowned viking warrior - Sigefried, and defeats him as well:

Loading Video...

In a trial by combat, fights equally with Leofric - the King's most trusted warrior, until the fight is interrupted:

Loading Video...

I view Uhtred as having the best pure skill in this match. Of course, he has more showings other than these. I think that him being the most skilled and Harp being the most physically dominant, while Bjorn and Jon are more balanced, it's a pretty interesting and close fight - all rounds (except for the 3rd one which admittedly I think is a pretty clear win for team 2 but maybe someone will have a good argument for team 1).

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bjorn and Jon....Uhtred is not on thier level, and I know nothing of Declan (he would have to be pretty impressive to make up the disparity here). The Ubbe that pushed Uhtred so hard was far past his prime, and in his prime he was below Bjorn. Also if I recall Ubbe's loss to Uhtred was mostly due to underestimating him and getting suprised... not outright bested.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@six-deuce: I view Uhtred as being above both Jon and Bjorn. He defeated more notable fighters in single combat than either of them (Ubba, Sigefried, Bloodhair, and he also fought equally with Leofric) and he has feats like breaking the shield wall which are outright insane. Also standing with his few men against Haesten's army and surviving the slaughter until Alfred arrived was very impressive. Skill-wise, saying he isn't at their level is just pure lowballing. Ubba wasn't underestimating him, he fought him all-out. Uhtred outmaneuvered Ubba when he was about to land the killing blow and shifted the fight to his favor. He was pressing Ubba just as much as Ubba pressed him all throughout the fight, he even drew first blood. And Ubba wasn't past his prime, I'm not sure where you're getting that from.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: I stopped Frontier after season 2 and Last Kingdom after season 1. Would you recommend to keep watching these shows? (I stopped because the plot started to be circular, in my opinion of course).

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator
Jotun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jon not only has a reach advantage over Harp, but it’s Valaryian Steel to boot, something that’s shown to cut swords clean in half. It’s possible he’d fight Uthred, which might make the fight closer but If he does fight Harp, I think team one wins every time.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_red_viper  Moderator

@jotun: I'll mention that not only did we see a VS sword cut a normal sword just once, it wasn't even Jon who did it.

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: Ubbe was indeed past his prime, in fact all the other brothers were dead at this point. He was likely early to mid 40s. We will have to agree to disagree on Uhtred, I was not impressed beyond anything we have seen Jon do routinely....to include the last minute save versus a superior opponent (Ubbe). Bjorn is well above prime Ubbe both historically and fictional versions. Team 1 has gear advantage, and far more feats. Lastly, some of the "notable" fighters you list are sub par....Uhtred is like an early Jon.

jonjizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jon bends the knee and submits instantly

Jotun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jotun

@the_red_viper: I understand that, which is why I think Uthred would be a closer fight. I don’t think Jon would be able to do that consistency, though he does have a bigger sword then Brienne which might close that strength gap between them. What I’m saying is he theoretically could, but he wouldn’t be fighting someone with a sword though, a small axe like the one pictured should snap pretty easily.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 the_red_viper  Moderator

@six-deuce: 40 isn't past his prime. Uhtred himself shouldn't be far behind it in season 3. I'm not going to debate you in my own thread, but you're massively underestimating Uhtred.

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uhtred would be a terrific fight against either Jon or Bjorn. I’m not sure on Declan as I never made it too far into the show, so I can’t really give a good judgement.

Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Six-Deuce

@the_red_viper: speaking as a 44 year old person who was in law enforcement for 22 years I can tell you it is indeed well passed prime. Take professional athletes as another case in point. I am not lowballing Uhtred, he is just not in this caliber of fighter. The shield wall feat was his most impressive and it is not beyond Bjorn or Jon. Furthermore, Bjorn and Jon have high end feats Uhtred is not capable of.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_red_viper  Moderator

@six-deuce: As I said, I'm not going to debate in my own thread. I don't think you should hold fictional characters to the same standard as real people. Ragnar the Fearless, who was older than Ubba, could still whack down some of Kjartan's men while he was on fire. Uhtred himself is currently about the same age Ubba was when they fought each other. Age works differently in fiction. If you really think Uhtred isn't on the same level as Jon or Bjorn, I might take you on that for a debate sometime.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By the_red_viper  Moderator

@cregan_stark: You should keep watching Frontier. It's no masterpiece but it's a very fun show and Momoa is awesome.

I think his main assets are his strength, ranged skill and stealth (for the 3rd round, he might even actually solo it tbh).

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the_red_viper  Moderator

@rogueshadow you watched Frontier and TLK, right? What's your opinion here?

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: Ok lol

I think because Jon is so well rounded and has anfar supior weapon he's going to taken out someone fairly quickly and this two vs one win for team one

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow you watched Frontier and TLK, right? What's your opinion here?

I'm a whole season behind on both TLK/Frontier and it's been a while since I watched either, but based on what I've seen and can recall I'd say Jon/Bjorn win this.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 the_red_viper  Moderator
the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends who falls first, Jon or Declan.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rogueshadow  Moderator

@the_red_viper: I can see Declan tipping the unarmed rounds, I recall him being pretty formidable unarmed, but Bjorn isn't gonna be a pushover, he has size and strength to throw down with him and is extremely quick and agile. I think that Declan could also tip the stealth round as well, Jon's ranging skills never seemed that profound.

dark_globe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jon and bjorn all rounds exept round 3 perhaps .

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 the_red_viper  Moderator

@dark_globe: Do you think they win the unarmed round? Not that I think they can't but Harp gives team 2 a good advantage there.

dark_globe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dark_globe

@the_red_viper:

i think bjorn would be a decisive factor and MVP in that round .
also jon is not going down fast if at all ,
he displayed a lot of durability and endurance in disadvantageous situations .

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 the_red_viper  Moderator

@dark_globe: What makes you say Bjorn would be the MVP there?

dark_globe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_red_viper: because he is physically stronger than anyone here .
plus he has a skill set to utilize his strenght advantage .

Avatar image for swordofdamocles
SwordofDamocles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SwordofDamocles

Good match. Uhtred in my opinion is the more skilled going by feats, he is above both Bjorn and Jon snow in skills regards.

Declan would lose in 1vs1 to anyone in team 1 unless he got a good throwing .

That being said:

Round 1:Uhtred would beat Jon Snow unless Jon snow manage to break his sword (which would not happen in my opinion ), he would also beat Bjorn in my opinion . Declan can hold his own with either before getting killed but he can't beat either in my opinion. (unless as I said he manage to get a good thrown-axe )

Could go either way, That being said I favor team 2. I don't think Uhtred could kill either of team 2 before Declan dies.

Round 2: Team 1 win, Uhtred adaptation feats in all out melee are arguably better than Bjorn feats and definitly better than Jon feats (Who is only alive cause he was save by his mens/plot)

Declan never fought in that kind of battle, but it's fair to assume going by his feats and the fighting style he would do very well. I can see him succeding over Jon snow, by throwing his weapons when Jon is chasing him, or fighting Uhtred.

Round 3 Be honest, do you really think team 2 stand a chance here ? @the_red_viper In my mind they are outclassed . Bjorn going by feats could arguably survive and be decent in this scenario, but Jon would be a death weight. Declan MVP and Uhtred have much better feats than Jon snow in those kind of actions, Uhtred by feats is also above Bjorn in that scenario.

Round 4 Declan>=Bjorn>Uhtred>Jon Snow

Team 1