John Wick vs The Purge

• 64 results
#1 Edited by chineseboi (335 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

All crime is legal for 12 hours.

Scenario 1: Wick is driving back home after a successful mission and his car suddenly breaks down 30 minutes before the purge starts, he is 5 miles away from his house and must get back in case his dog is in danger. Wick gets a pistol and 7 clips, purgers have no idea who he is.

Scenario 2: The purgers are bloodlusted and are targetting Wick. Wick gets an assault rifle and a pistol with unlimited ammo to fend for himself in his home. Purgers have knowledge on who he is.

#2 Posted by rogueshadow (29596 posts) - - Show Bio

Wick slaughters.

#3 Posted by LJayG (1515 posts) - - Show Bio

Wick. Though R2 gives him a little bit of trouble

#4 Posted by assemblesquad (3314 posts) - - Show Bio

Wick kills them all

Avatar image for redhood_jaytodd
#5 Posted by RedHood_JayTodd (1728 posts) - - Show Bio

Wick kills them...he kills them all.

Avatar image for theoneabovelife
#6 Posted by TheOneAboveLife (1462 posts) - - Show Bio

All crime is legal for 12 hours.

Scenario 1: Wick is driving back home after a successful mission and his car suddenly breaks down 30 minutes before the purge starts, he is 5 miles away from his house and must get back in case his dog is in danger. Wick gets a pistol and 7 clips, purgers have no idea who he is.

He could get overwhelmed. Don't get me wrong. That's gonna be hard to do, but that little time frame having to reload could be fatal. Sure it's barley 2 seconds, but still... all it takes is one slip up. And no offense to JW, but his H2H skills are decent, but compared to the Vine... he's barley street level.

Scenario 2: The purgers are bloodlusted and are targeting Wick. Wick gets an assault rifle and a pistol with unlimited ammo to fend for himself in his home. Purgers have knowledge on who he is.

Unlimited ammo and an home field advantage..? This happens...

Loading Video...

#7 Edited by AbstractRaze (3237 posts) - - Show Bio

Wick definitely dies in round 2, there is noway John Wick could survive against all those mercenaries, like here:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

What I like about the Purge, it indirectly expresses that such a nation potentially has the people to casually shape paramilitary organizations, however, I don't think that Wick has a chance against a concentrated amount of Mercenaries which would try to target him for fun and challenge across the U.S.

America is truly badass!!

#8 Posted by King-Ragnar (5167 posts) - - Show Bio

Wick slaughters them then proceeds to slaughter the new founding fathers because they made the purge legal.

#9 Posted by Richubs (7512 posts) - - Show Bio

Wick ANNIHILATES.

#10 Posted by Richubs (7512 posts) - - Show Bio

@abstractraze: . Wick went through a similar scenario in John Wick 2 only the people targeting him were trained mercenaries.

Heck even in John Wick 1 he took on tons of people who are well trained and specifically targeting him.

And we already know the premise of John Wick 3 which is like every assassin in the country only wanting to kil John Wick.

He will get through fine.

#11 Posted by TheOneAboveLife (1462 posts) - - Show Bio

@abstractraze: Those clips were impressive, and the mercenaries shouldn't be ignored.. however in the JW verse.... I conclude that people are way more dangerous considering 20% of the world are made of assassins and hitman. And they tend to be more skilled to. The Purge members are just edgelords with assault rifles. Don't get me wrong, anyone can shoot, but who can actually kill? Like more fluently? The only way I see the purge members winning is H2H.

Because gun battles... look like this, when you're up against John Wick.

John Wick's Marksmanship with weaponry:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#12 Edited by AbstractRaze (3237 posts) - - Show Bio

@theoneabovelife:

Well, to be clear, I'm supposing a scenario where we are introducing purgers from the Purge movies, but to simulate a scenario of real mercenaries from our real world, John Wick has no chance, 0%.

We must be clear about this, and differentiate fiction from reality.

Now, the purgers from the Purge movies are way better equipped with heavier weapons such miniguns, in a scenario of 12 hours, where multiple Purgers from the entire nation are targeting him, we would see multiple of those heavy weapons being used against him.

The Purgers have way more equipment and way more viable, they have even snipers, round 2 still loses so far.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#13 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43911 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously Wick beats anyone we have seen in the Purge so far. But the First Purge is a better movie than with Wick by a mile.

#14 Posted by KingogKings777 (3555 posts) - - Show Bio

Wick stomps both rounds

#15 Edited by TheOneAboveLife (1462 posts) - - Show Bio

@theoneabovelife:

Well, to be clear, I'm supposing a scenario where we are introducing purgers from the Purge movies, but to simulate a scenario of real mercenaries from our real world, John Wick has no chance, 0%.

Now, the purgers from the Purge movies are way better equipped with heavier weapons such miniguns, in a scenario of 12 hours, where multiple Purgers from the entire nation are targeting him, we would see multiple of those heavy weapons being used against him.

The Purgers have way more equipment and way more viable, they have even snipers.

How can you say let's separate fiction from reality, when both of our topics are fiction? The Purge isn't a real thing, neither is John Wick.

I can level with you about the miniguns part, there's nothing yet to suggest Wick can counter a mini-gun. However from his training and personality, he would most likely find cover and either wait til the last bullets drop, shoot at the round holes to damage the weapon, or shoot the wielder in the legs.

And also this 12 hour purge things ins't all that scary considering in John Wick 3, the whole premise of the movie, is him escaping his own purge. With every single assassin, hitman, bounty hunter, and mercenary going after him. Oh and the police as well.

Snipers...John Wick knows what they are fully capable of, and he has faced basically (MCU) Black Widow. This woman specialized in Long distance and H2H assaults. I forgot her name, but she was in John Wick #4. It was John Wick first fued, but he gave people a reason for it to be his last.

As for John Wick having a 0% chance... that's just a huge lmao bro. Also John Wick has military experience. If anything, they need a group to take a determined Wick down. Roswell Simmons, "You can fight him, with everything you have, but eventually you will come to the realization that you're no longer fighting Baby Yaga or The Boogeyman.... You're fighting John Wick."

And the heavy armor isn't really necessary when they are going to all get headshotted.

No Caption Provided

#16 Edited by AbstractRaze (3237 posts) - - Show Bio

@theoneabovelife said:
@abstractraze said:

@theoneabovelife:

The Purgers have way more equipment and way more viable, they have even snipers.

As for John Wick having a 0% chance... that's just a huge lmao bro. Also John Wick has military experience. If anything, they need a group to take a determined Wick down. Roswell Simmons, "You can fight him, with everything you have, but eventually you will come to the realization that you're no longer fighting Baby Yaga or The Boogeyman.... You're fighting John Wick."

And the heavy armor isn't really necessary when they are going to all get headshotted.

No Caption Provided

Again, he has 0% chance against real mercenaries in our real world, no matter if it's stated that he has military experience, those are only statements from fictional writing and what John Wick did in the movies is not realistic neither in the Purge movies, that's not how trained people deal with such situations.

I must agree that the mercenaries from the Purge franchise seem to be not really highly skilled in comparison to John Wick from the John Wick series and I agree on that, but my point here is that we're talking about quantity and way better equipped people, not only with assault rifles, but miniguns, way superior financial background and a better organization so far.

I still don't see Wick taking on them for 12 hours in round 2.

#17 Edited by GeorgeWBush (12637 posts) - - Show Bio

He’s too accurate and vicious for them to actually win. The only scenario that would pose any challenge was the one in the Last Purge where those commandos guy came into the apartment buildings. And Wick would just wait kill them and use their weapons against them

The Average purger from the First films gets capped. Not only are they utter retards (walking around in open areas with bats and trying to act threatening), but they’ll never get close enough to him without having their heads blown off.

#18 Posted by TheOneAboveLife (1462 posts) - - Show Bio

@theoneabovelife said:
@abstractraze said:

@theoneabovelife:

No Caption Provided

Again, he has 0% chance against real merceries in our real world, no matter if it's stated that he has military experience, those are only statements from fictional writing.

They are statements, but he definitely has the feats to prove it though. And what's with the constant 0% chance you're constantly using. If anything it's a 50/50. The hitman can stalemate our real soldiers, and mercenaries with ease. In order to be someone of that professionality, you need to have an origin. And that's primarily a military background with 7+ years of experience...

John Wick 3 will be the purge and he's gonna live through that so 12 hours isn't anything compared to a life he used to live 24/7 with all forms of organizations.

Anyways bro, nice debate, but let's agree to disagree.

#19 Edited by AbstractRaze (3237 posts) - - Show Bio

@theoneabovelife said:
@abstractraze said:
@theoneabovelife said:
@abstractraze said:

@theoneabovelife:

No Caption Provided

Again, he has 0% chance against real merceries in our real world, no matter if it's stated that he has military experience, those are only statements from fictional writing.

They are statements, but he definitely has the feats to prove it though. And what's with the constant 0% chance you're constantly using. If anything it's a 50/50. The hitman can stalemate our real soldiers, and mercenaries with ease. In order to be someone of that professionality, you need to have an origin. And that's primarily a military background with 7+ years of experience...

John Wick 3 will be the purge and he's gonna live through that so 12 hours isn't anything compared to a life he used to live 24/7 with all forms of organizations.

Anyways bro, nice debate, but let's agree to disagree.

Of course, feats-wise, fictional or not, Wick has better reactions, intellectually speaking, he can shape way more complex strategies and find out better positionings, he has way better accuracy overall, he is no joke, but what John Wick did in the movies is not realistic neither in the Purge movies, that's not how trained people deal with such situations.

I must say that, I have no idea about the John Wick comics, I'm only judging according to the movies, but if he faced Black Widow without actually going down, my respects.

I think that if John Wick from the movie series would have access to military equipment, such as a bulletproof vest, a military helmet, a portable GPS, first aid, military tactical boots, multiple vehicles with bulletproof glass, night vision technology and so on, I would give him 5 to 7 hours, but as much as I try I just can't give him the full 12 hours in round 2.

You're welcome mate, John Wick is badass, but when I see something not, I can lie to myself and say that he can survive for 12 hours in round 2.

#20 Posted by TheOneAboveLife (1462 posts) - - Show Bio

@abstractraze: One more thing. I want to actually thank you for being rational, and completely determined with your point. You made excellent points. I really do appreciate how professional you acted.

#21 Posted by Doofasa (2229 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 Shouldn’t be an issue as the average purger will get capped by John on his way home.

Round 2 If they all have knowledge of where he lives John dies. If he’s in or near a city he could be fighting thousands of armed opponents simultaneously, including ones armed with mini guns and explosives.

#23 Posted by Usha (3701 posts) - - Show Bio

The Baba Yaga slaughters them all.

#24 Posted by Ghostodoofus2 (2354 posts) - - Show Bio

After Chapter 3, Wick IS the Purge in this scenario.

#29 Posted by Supermanthor (22700 posts) - - Show Bio

Wick

#30 Posted by chineseboi (335 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#31 Posted by Syntix (707 posts) - - Show Bio

Wick massacres.

#32 Posted by green_skaar (13050 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by KingOfWakanda (3380 posts) - - Show Bio

Wick's not getting taken out by randos. He murders anyone that gets in his way.

#34 Posted by SkySanji (6290 posts) - - Show Bio

"Tell them I'll kill them all"

Wick bodies.

#35 Posted by SocaJunkie (9655 posts) - - Show Bio

Unlimited ammo? Damn at least make it a challenge for him.

#36 Posted by GeorgeWBush (12637 posts) - - Show Bio

Wick stomps them all

The Purgers are literally idiots

#37 Posted by ThorofAsgard (808 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys must have not seen John Wick 3 yet lol. He murderLMFAOROFLstomps

#38 Posted by ChaosReigns (278 posts) - - Show Bio

John Wick wins fam.

#39 Edited by shirso (5468 posts) - - Show Bio

Did he do some really insane shit in Part 3 ?

#40 Posted by Michaelbn (3084 posts) - - Show Bio

Wick.

#41 Posted by Bearderby (1653 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: John Wick easily, and he can just pick up guns from his enemies
Round 2: John Wick: Parabellum Part 2

#42 Posted by Noone1996 (13064 posts) - - Show Bio

John Wick stomps.

Avatar image for the-finger-snap
#43 Posted by The-Finger-Snap (80 posts) - - Show Bio

John Wick wins botht rounds

#44 Posted by Rustlingjimmy (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

wick.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
#45 Posted by TheSpartanB345T (5208 posts) - - Show Bio

Wick definitely dies in round 2, there is noway John Wick could survive against all those mercenaries, like here:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

What I like about the Purge, it indirectly expresses that such a nation potentially has the people to casually shape paramilitary organizations, however, I don't think that Wick has a chance against a concentrated amount of Mercenaries which would try to target him for fun and challenge across the U.S.

Except Wick eats high-quality ninjas and assassins for breakfast.

If he had a limit on ammo this might be true, but with homefield advantage and unlimited shots Wick stomps effortlessly.

Avatar image for wolverinebatmanftw
#46 Posted by WolverineBatmanFTW (2199 posts) - - Show Bio

With post Parabellum feats, Wick slaughters.

#47 Posted by GateOfBabylon (5289 posts) - - Show Bio

Wick in an easy bloodbath.

#48 Posted by Yamiyodare (2475 posts) - - Show Bio

John Wick solos the purge-verse.

#49 Posted by hopz7 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Wick single-handedly ends the purge. Every idiot that participates dies so no one is left that’s willing to purge the following year. The world is safe again.

#50 Edited by AbstractRaze (3237 posts) - - Show Bio

@thespartanb345t said:
@abstractraze said:

Except Wick eats high-quality ninjas and assassins for breakfast.

If he had a limit on ammo this might be true, but with homefield advantage and unlimited shots Wick stomps effortlessly.

I don't think so, when you have people with casual miniguns like here, which was intended to show in the second deleted video:

Loading Video...

Then you have people with flamethrowers, that's just simply too much for him to handle:

Loading Video...

There are snipers, miniguns popping off from trucks, flamethrowers, mercenaries with multiple professional military types of equipment such as Nett Warrior devices:

No Caption Provided

They would successfully crush him in less than 12 hours.