• 111 results
#51 Posted by D2therJ (489 posts) - - Show Bio

Bourne both rounds.

#53 Posted by RGow8 (140 posts) - - Show Bio

@mimisalome: No you are wrong. Both are badass but anything to do with a gun Wick wins,that's his MO. H2H will be closer and Bournes physicals might take the majority although still close but he gets one in the temple quick when you give them guns.

#54 Posted by Jack_Hart (906 posts) - - Show Bio

@rgow8: Except the second scenario isn't a straightforward gunfight, but a search-and-destroy scenario, which is the bread-and-butter of Bourne and guys like him. And not only is Bourne skilled with guns himself (shot an agent between the eyes in mid-air while plummeting five stories), he also knows how to make gunmen fight on his terms (like he did with the Professor).

#56 Edited by RGow8 (140 posts) - - Show Bio

@mimisalome: You are trying to present an argument but you are carefully downgrading anything that has to do with the opposite case you are presenting. Manhandled by a mobsters goof son and friends? It's called a plot in a movie, lets look at what happened directly after. This run of the mill "mobster"'aka somebody running a massive Russian organization sent the best team of killers with automatic weapons and military tactics he could buy to Wicks house, they all ended up dead. I know the second scenario isn't a straight gunfight it's a hunt but I'll take Wick all day if you put a gun in his hand.

#59 Posted by jayskee (4878 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for solomonthenotsowise
#60 Edited by SolomonTheNotSoWise (851 posts) - - Show Bio

@mimisalome: Watch wick 2. Litteraly fights off every well trained dude in New York. His fight with common is more than enough to give him a real chance at not only winning the guns but the h2h as well. Unlike Bourne Wick doesn't have shaky cam and you can see every little part of his technique. Bourne honestly doenst come close to wick. He just brute forces his way through his fights. Wick is more than capable of beating people who are very well trained while exhausted and injured. Bourne and his shaky cam are toast.

Avatar image for don_higashikata
#61 Posted by Don_Higashikata (729 posts) - - Show Bio

John Wick especially if he's allowed his Iron Man super jacket

Bourne has no chance

#62 Posted by ColonelSanders (294 posts) - - Show Bio

Wick for both rounds ever since JW2 came out.

Avatar image for wolverinebatmanftw
#63 Posted by WolverineBatmanFTW (1468 posts) - - Show Bio

Bourne takes round one, but after a long fight. Wick has an insane pain threshold and impressive durability

Wick destroys him in round 2.

#64 Posted by AckRecky7 (236 posts) - - Show Bio

Bourne round 1.

Wick blitzes with the head shot.

#65 Posted by Just_Banter (12411 posts) - - Show Bio

"I once saw him kill three Jason Bourne's in a bar... with a pencil."

#66 Posted by SanoHibiki (3424 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Bourne, but Wick puts quite a fight before going down.

2. Wick.

#67 Posted by Savageskillet (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to say John Wick would win round one because in round one there was a pen lying around which john Wick could utilize and John Wick has the skills of a red belt and also he would look good doing it

Round two also goes to Wick seeing as he is an unstoppable machine because when someone is in this way there is nothing he will stop at till the person is terminated for good but

that's just my opinion

#68 Posted by ThanosPimphand (712 posts) - - Show Bio

Bournce

Wick

#69 Posted by assemblesquad (2918 posts) - - Show Bio
#70 Edited by CramAndman (1665 posts) - - Show Bio

@assemblesquad: Rd 1: Bourne, any improvisational random weapon fight favors that man, thougt a pen vs pencil fight between the two would be pretty bloody and awesome.

Rd 2: Probably Wick, he's a better shot and this is basically what he does for a living. Though Bourne has a chance, he's good at turning situations to his advantage and finding unconventional ways to win.

#71 Edited by zill0678 (2395 posts) - - Show Bio

1: Bourne

2: Wick

#72 Posted by nolubeplz (25 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Hand to hand goes to Bourne.

2. Still Bourne. He's a master at tracking people down.

#73 Posted by Maahes (322 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarkpaladin

Alright, hand to hand, melee, whatever.

Loading Video...

This is probably John's best melee feat, He fight's and defeats Cassian. Cassian is an assassin meant to guard a member of The High Table, you state Jason is the best government assassin and that's good and all but Cassian and John shouldn't be far behind if at all. The High Table has global influence, thousands of assassins at their disposal and seemed to be in control of stuff like The Russian Mob. Now I want to go through and show you why these people aren't just regular fodder.

Now you can try to argue that Jason is more skilled then John and maybe that's true; but skill isn't necessarily the only thing that matters. John is extremely durable. That Cassian fight happens near the end of the movie, let me show you the shit John's had to go through just to get there:

That's also excluding his multiple other CQC fights where he gets beat up on. Even if you were to go by choreography like you said; I'm pretty confident that John would win that way too. Keanu trained in BJJ, Sambo and Judo for the role and it definitely shows.

#74 Posted by Thedarkpaladin (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

@maahes:

This is probably John's best melee feat, He fight's and defeats Cassian. Cassian is an assassin meant to guard a member of The High Table, you state Jason is the best government assassin and that's good and all but Cassian and John shouldn't be far behind if at all. The High Table has global influence, thousands of assassins at their disposal and seemed to be in control of stuff like The Russian Mob. Now I want to go through and show you why these people aren't just regular fodder.

While that is an impressive display of H2H combat, especially considering what Wick had been through before reaching that fight, It's certainly nothing outside of Bourne's own capabilities, as he's regularly demonstrated skill that's on the level if not flat out superior to what Wick displayed in his fight with Cassian. Arguably one of Jason's best showings is against a highly skilled CIA asset named Desh Bouksani - who also happens to be a member of the top secret program known as Operation Blackbriar which succeeded the Treadstone Operation Bourne was affiliated with:

Loading Video...

Each member belonging to Operations Treadstone and Blackbriar are elite assassins with extensive physical and mental training. In the Bourne Supremacy, it was revealed that Jason was the #1 Treadstone agent along with Alexander Conklin's greatest asset. This is backed up by his performance against the other members such as Castel and Jarda.

Now you can try to argue that Jason is more skilled then John and maybe that's true; but skill isn't necessarily the only thing that matters. John is extremely durable. That Cassian fight happens near the end of the movie, let me show you the shit John's had to go through just to get there:

Well, Bourne actually has taken quite a lot of punishment, although not nearly as much as John did in such a short time span. Regardless of this, I'll post a few of his durability feats, but won't harp on the subject too much:

I don't believe durability will be a deciding factor here for a few reasons:

1. Neither character is shown to be much of a tank in a combat scenario, e.g., both have been knocked to the floor and hurt by their opponents who don't have a staggering advantage in strength.
  2. Both Bourne and Wick are skilled enough to disable one another's movements, e.g., attempt to break an arm or leg, which would pretty much guarantee a decisive victory.
  3. The fight isn't strictly H2H, as the setting for round one according to the OP is a dungeon filled with objects they can use as weapons.

From what I recall of Wick, one aspect Bourne should undeniably hold an advantage in is speed and agility. This probably extends to combat as well, seeing as Bourne's fighting style is designed to take the opponent down as quickly and efficiently as possible:

That's also excluding his multiple other CQC fights where he gets beat up on. Even if you were to go by choreography like you said; I'm pretty confident that John would win that way too. Keanu trained in BJJ, Sambo and Judo for the role and it definitely shows.

I'm not so sure about that. Matt Damon did a lot of training in Jeet Kune Do, Kali and even boxing for his role as Bourne. He's also been doing the Bourne films since 2002, while Keanu has only been playing the part of Wick for a few years now.

#75 Edited by Maahes (322 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarkpaladin

Alright, I'm putting this first because the rest of the post doesn't really matter if you agree.

From what I recall of Wick, one aspect Bourne should undeniably hold an advantage in is speed and agility. This probably extends to combat as well, seeing as Bourne's fighting style is designed to take the opponent down as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Jason probably does hold an advantage in speed, and probably can flip better then John can. See I didn't really think about it till you mentioned Jason's fighting style when I realized: They take extremely different approaches to fighting. From the videos you've shown me, It seems that Jason avoids the ground game. Now not to say there won't be a standing fight, but all three martial arts Keanu was training for was specifically for submissions, which would completely nullify Bourne's speed and agility advantage:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Unless you have better Bourne feats to suggest he'd beat John Wick in the ground game I'd think it'd go like this:

1. It's not completely out of character for John to just fight Jason standing up, I think Jason would probably win this just because he's more trained for it and definitely has faster hand speed. I do believe John has a solid chance at victory here though through strength and pure attrition, and Jason wouldn't take anything more then 6/10.
  2. John would win if he attempted to go to ground submissions.
  3. John would beat Jason in a direct gunfight.
  4. Jason would probably beat John if they were both hunting each other in a city. While there's been some pretty massive context to them all, John's been caught off guard multiple times and John's style was never to be subtle.

Bourne vs Desh

Desh was definitely skilled, that flip was pretty cool. The thing is, at the 1:28 mark, Bourne could have potentially just flat out lost the fight right there without the woman's help of distracting Desh. I personally think the Castel fight is better.

Bourne vs Castel

While I'm sure John could beat him, I don't think he could do it the way Jason did and I have to say that, that was pretty impressive to me. I might actually agree with giving the Jason the win after that if he gets to the pen first.

Bourne vs Jarda

Most of the fight was the guy having his hands restrained.

John has a similar fight but he's the one with his hands restrained. Now this guy isn't some super assassin like Cassian and Desh, he was only implied to just be an Enforcer. However he's not without skill as he was able to break out of a submission hold at 2:14, used a combo attack and swept John off his feet at 2:19 and previously during their original interaction was able to pick John up and throw him off that balcony.

Loading Video...

Well, Bourne actually has taken quite a lot of punishment, although not nearly as much as John did in such a short time span. Regardless of this, I'll post a few of his durability feats, but won't harp on the subject too much:

Fair enough.

Neither character is shown to be much of a tank in a combat scenario, e.g., both have been knocked to the floor and hurt by their opponents who don't have a staggering advantage in strength.

John has shown to be exactly that though. I'm not sure about the timeline of the Bourne movies but John was able to all that within a week. John kills over two hundred men across the movies, about 25 in hand to hand or melee and everyone John takes some damage. He's not as fast as Bourne, I admit that but the reason is that I feel like people forget: We're seeing a 50 year old man that had been retired for years doing all of this.

Both Bourne and Wick are skilled enough to disable one another's movements, e.g., attempt to break an arm or leg, which would pretty much guarantee a decisive victory.

Fair enough. How strong is Jason? John's pretty damn strong, there's snapping a man's neck with a punch, snapping a man's arm a little too easy and causing a man to do a backflip with a shove. There was also the time a man both much bigger then Jason or John was struggling with John. John does stab him pretty soon after, but the struggle is clearly there.

#76 Posted by morgadc1887 (389 posts) - - Show Bio

Bourne both rounds, the second won't be a shootout, Bourne would find and kill him before John knows what's coming, lets not forget bourne is a dead eye too, it takes some serious skill to fall like 5 stories and shoot someone square in the head halfway through that fall, especially when you cant see that target until you speed past his floor. First is obvious, bourne has many more hand to hand fights and victories going against superior weaponry with ordinary household items - towel vs knife, book vs knife, magazine vs knife, pen vs knife, etc. Winning them all pretty handily against killers trained just like him - wick killing people with a pen is cool and all, and he definitely has durability, but bourne is superior based on my viewings of both their movie series.

#77 Edited by Guzmania (28 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't put a pen lying there and tell me this isn't a stomp in John's favor.

But in all seriousness, I'll go with the majority here and say H2H goes to Bourne and gunfight goes to Wick.

#78 Posted by Ghostodoofus2 (890 posts) - - Show Bio

Just came out of John Wick 3. This is not fair anymore, John stomps Jason.

#79 Posted by assemblesquad (2918 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostodoofus2: can Bourne take on the silat assassin's that Wick fought?

#80 Edited by Ghostodoofus2 (890 posts) - - Show Bio

@assemblesquad: One at a time, maybe. But not both at the same time like John did. John's durability is also wayyyyy too high.

#82 Edited by assemblesquad (2918 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostodoofus2: Okay, but can Wick fight other enemies that Bourne fought including Desh?

#83 Edited by Ghostodoofus2 (890 posts) - - Show Bio

@assemblesquad: After John Wick 3, without a doubt. He fought guys who are above Desh in this one.

#84 Posted by Ghostodoofus2 (890 posts) - - Show Bio

@those_eyes: Wick has now surpassed Bourne in H2H, Wick is on another level now.

#85 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12706 posts) - - Show Bio

Pending seeing Chapter 3 tomorrow....

Round 1: Jason

Round 2: John

#86 Edited by assemblesquad (2918 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostodoofus2: I almost forgot, his reaction speed is impressive based on he can dodge sword slashes. He's turning into more Beatrix Kiddo from Kill Bill.

#87 Posted by Sawed_Off_It (13363 posts) - - Show Bio

Bourne for both rounds

#88 Posted by Ghostodoofus2 (890 posts) - - Show Bio
#89 Posted by Ghostodoofus2 (890 posts) - - Show Bio

@assemblesquad: Yeah, he fought actual ninjas armed with swords in this one.

#90 Posted by Sawed_Off_It (13363 posts) - - Show Bio
#91 Posted by Richubs (4708 posts) - - Show Bio

Bourne round 1 due to great speed, durability and skill. Like even when he was not in his prime a guy hit him on his face with a heavy dumbbell and Bourne straight up ignored it.

But gun round goes to Wick. He's too fast with a gun.

#92 Posted by Ghostodoofus2 (890 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs: Once you've watched John Wick 3, Jason's durability would seem like nothing. They really upped his stats in this movie.

#93 Posted by Ghostodoofus2 (890 posts) - - Show Bio

@sawed_off_it: Come back when you've seen it, I believe you will have a different opinion. His new feats are just insane.

#94 Edited by Usha (3648 posts) - - Show Bio

After watching John Wick Parabellum, Mr. Wick's durability is absolutely insane. The stuff he has managed to do in about like what? 4 weeks? He truly embodies the whole, "man of focus, commitment, sheer will" vibe thing going on.

Round 1: John Wick I feel now. He somehow has gotten faster. He breaks down his opponents with nerve strikes or whatever, and his ground game would absolutely stomp Bourne. The guy was dodging sword strikes from those Indonesian Raid actors, who were basically ninjas in this film.

Round 3: Not even a contest anymore, John wins.

#95 Posted by Ghostodoofus2 (890 posts) - - Show Bio

@usha: John is definitely above Jason now, for real.

#96 Posted by Usha (3648 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostodoofus2: I feel like Jason Bourne is still faster in regards to hand speed, but I feel Mr. Wick would eat all of his shots and joint manipulate Bourne into the ground.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ce31fd2abc3a
#97 Posted by deactivated-5ce31fd2abc3a (110 posts) - - Show Bio

Wick for both rounds

#98 Posted by The_Magister (14266 posts) - - Show Bio

Bourne.

#100 Posted by Ghostodoofus2 (890 posts) - - Show Bio