Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By AllStarSuperman

I suggest people review the headquarters escape from Spectre before making a decision. Bond made some incredible long range shots, despite just surviving a drill to the head.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@allstarsuperman: Do you have a link to that scene? I haven’t seen Spectre since it came out in cinema.

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
ProteusXManRxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@tparks said:

Probably could go either way.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Baba Yaga

Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The Boogeyman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AbstractRaze

In terms of combination and strategy output potential James takes it, in terms of shot skill, John takes it.

The current battlefield favors James' stats.

7/10 in James favor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b84aca03eae8
deactivated-5b84aca03eae8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John wins, but it should be very close. He's absolutely insane with any given gun and is a master marksman and very brutal with killing his targets. 007 is an expert shot too and is very comfortable with using a pistol, but I don't believe he's on the same level as John. While Bond is incredibly well-skilled and intelligent in his own right, Wick does things just a tad better.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John wins this. He's the better shot, is much faster in combat with guns, and is able to seamlessly incorporate them into a variety of combat forms. Wick is just more lethal and deadly in pure combat.

Though Bond is more effective overall, factoring in his versatile skillset including espionage/strategy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bond

Mad_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wick soo easily h2h and gun battle ..

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Bond.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wick trashes him in hand to hand

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wick, with or without a pistol

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rogueshadow  Moderator

Wick.

@jayskee said:

Bond would beats the snot out of him in h2h:

Loading Video...

ALMIGHTY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wick gets his shot off first and makes it count

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wick.

@mazahs117 said:

@jayskee said:

Bond would beats the snot out of him in h2h:

Loading Video...
No Caption Provided

..I can’t even tell if you’re being serious lol

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@mazahs117: Show me a comparable feat from Wick... there aren't any. Bond beat 3 MI6 agents in an enclosed space while his hands were cuffed behind his back in five seconds. Nobody in the Wickverse is that good.

Doofasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wick is more likely to get his head shot off first 7/10.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazahs117: Show me a comparable feat from Wick... there aren't any. Bond beat 3 MI6 agents in an enclosed space while his hands were cuffed behind his back in five seconds. Nobody in the Wickverse is that good.

Oh ?..you are being serious

well, John doesn’t have any hands tied behind his back 3-on-1 feats that I can remember. But the man has been tagged up with gun fire (with armor cloth I know, but still) and ran over by cars etc ..and still kept going. Not to say James hasn’t taken his fair share of beatings, because he has, but he is NOT cake walking over John in a h2h fight, that’s just disrespectful to imply. To my recollection this Bond has never faced off against an opponent of Johns caliber of skill, durability and ruthlessness throughout his entire run, barring some canon comic/novel I don’t know about..meanwhile John has run thru droves of killers and assassins by himself alone unarmed in Manhattan, not to mention his fight with Cassain whom is above anyone skill wise Bond has gone at. No one is stomping no one here in a h2h fight, but I’d give Baba Yaga the majority.

The_Gaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Craig Bond was accurate from 100+ meters making headshots after his skull was drilled into twice and also shot a helicopter from the air with a PISTOL on a moving boat. Wick is really good but Bond is better by a decent margin.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@mazahs117 said:
@rogueshadow said:

Oh ?..you are being serious

well, John doesn’t have any hands tied behind his back 3-on-1 feats that I can remember. But the man has been tagged up with gun fire (with armor cloth I know, but still) and ran over by cars etc ..and still kept going. Not to say James hasn’t taken his fair share of beatings, because he has, but he is NOT cake walking over John in a h2h fight, that’s just disrespectful to imply. To my recollection this Bond has never faced off against an opponent of Johns caliber of skill, durability and ruthlessness throughout his entire run, barring some canon comic/novel I don’t know about..meanwhile John has run thru droves of killers and assassins by himself alone unarmed in Manhattan, not to mention his fight with Cassain whom is above anyone skill wise Bond has gone at. No one is stomping no one here in a h2h fight, but I’d give Baba Yaga the majority.

Cassian is beyond anybody Bond has fought... why? Because he fought Wick? It's circular logic.

Cassian was a world class assassin... just like Patrice who Bond defeated. Neither have feats of their own, their feats lie in fighting Wick/Bond.

Wick has stomped through fodder and is a beast... with his gear. And with his gear he wins imo, but in h2h? Bond is gonna whip him.

To argue otherwise you'll have to show me a feat comparable to what Bond just did from anybody in the Wickverse. There isn't one, nor is there any good reason he could take Bond. Wick has never taken more than one or two street-thugs at a time in h2h and consistently struggles with big guys and has to resort to his gear, he even lost to Kirill in melee. I just showed you a handcuffed Bond fodderising trained agents in an elevator in seconds, Wick has simply done nothing remotely comparable.

Wick does not have any feat that comes close to that. As live-action fighters go Wick is not an impressive h2h combatant.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassian is beyond anybody Bond has fought... why? Because he fought Wick? It's circular logic.

Cassian was a world class assassin... just like Patrice who Bond defeated. Neither have feats of their own, their feats lie in fighting Wick/Bond.

Wick has stomped through fodder and is a beast... with his gear. And with his gear he wins imo, but in h2h? Bond is gonna whip him.

To argue otherwise you'll have to show me a feat comparable to what Bond just did from anybody in the Wickverse. There isn't one, nor is there any good reason he could take Bond. Wick has never taken more than one or two street-thugs at a time in h2h and consistently struggles with big guys and has to resort to his gear, he even lost to Kirill in melee. I just showed you a handcuffed Bond fodderising trained agents in an elevator in seconds, Wick has simply done nothing remotely comparable.

Wick does not have any feat that comes close to that. As live-action fighters go Wick is not an impressive h2h combatant.

I see your points, and I do agree with’em to an extent, but I can’t give you a similar scenario of Bonds hand cuff 3-on-1 scenario with Wick because it doesn’t exist..at least that I can remember..and in anyways I don‘t see how that’s comparable to a 1-on-1 duel. Sure they were MI6 agents, but they‘re Just as featless as everyone else James has steamrolled. Hell, for all we know they just started their gig fresh out of the training that week, and M puts them on duty to withstrain James ?‍♂️...who knows right?..I can certainly roll with you on Bond beating Wick in h2h, he’s more than capable of pulling off a win, it would be idiotic of me to deny that..but this notion of James “whipping“ John after everything we’ve seen that man endure and go thru, I mean sh!t were he should be dead and yet he still gets up. I don’t buy it, not with the opponents James has fought, he’s never really been tested skill wise. The only time he’s ever been in a dogfight was when he fought Dave Bautista in SPECTRE, and iirc that was just because he was being over powered physically. ..it’s too close for, I just can’t call it a whuppin’ either way.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

I see your points, and I do agree with’em to an extent, but I can’t give you a similar scenario of Bonds hand cuff 3-on-1 scenario with Wick because it doesn’t exist..at least that I can remember..and in anyways I don‘t see how that’s comparable to a 1-on-1 duel. Sure they were MI6 agents, but they‘re Just as featless as everyone else James has steamrolled. Hell, for all we know they just started their gig fresh out of the training that week, and M puts them on duty to withstrain James ?‍♂️...who knows right?..I can certainly roll with you on Bond beating Wick in h2h, he’s more than capable of pulling off a win, it would be idiotic of me to deny that..but this notion of James “whipping“ John after everything we’ve seen that man endure and go thru, I mean sh!t were he should be dead and yet he still gets up. I don’t buy it, not with the opponents James has fought, he’s never really been tested skill wise. The only time he’s ever been in a dogfight was when he fought Dave Bautista in SPECTRE, and iirc that was just because he was being over powered physically. ..it’s too close for, I just can’t call it a whuppin’ either way.

You're making some pretty hefty assumptions. I could also suggest that the MI6 agents were some of the best in the whole organisation since they were M's personal guards and she put them on watching her best agent. Logically, that argument in fact has more merit, but I wouldn't suggest that to actually be the case, it's a huge reach. All we know is that they were well trained agents and he steamrolled them in a way Wick can't even steamroll street thugs in h2h, and this while handcuffed.

Bond has fought a few world-class assassins and won rather decisively the fodder feat I suggested is itself actually a really beastly skill-feat.

Hinx was definitely supposed to be a really dangerous guy, just like Cassian, and physically a leviathan, and Bond had to fight him in extremely tight conditions. But you'll note that I haven't used Bond doing well against him as a testament to Bond's skill either; Hinx scales off Bond not the other way around. Cassian, Ares etc. are the same, while we can say that Wick is clearly supposed to be extremely skilled within the context of his universe, being able to defeat some of its high-tier assassins, so is Bond, and when we look at the baseline for said universes, it's clear from the elevator feat that Bond is >>> Wick imo. If Cassian had an independent feat that put him >> Bond and Wick beat him, then we could say that Wick > Bond, but he doesn't. Fodder are important for establishing a baseline.

I can appreciate that John is a beast, but I think that you're conflating his overall effectiveness with his h2h skills, which are a bit lackluster imo, the only thing that would prolong the fight would be his durability and pain-tolerance. Bond is the faster, more skilled and based on their physiques, considerably stronger h2h combatant.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: All fine arguments and points, and you’ve stated nothing I can’t disagree with, however when I think about James I circle back to him never facing off against and opponent like Wick in a 1-on-1 scenario. Not with Wicks skill + durability + endurance + damage soak all in one. It’s a hard pill for me to swallow that these dudes bump into one another going around a corner and James effortlessly dispatches Wick as you make it sound. I believe James would be in a FIGHT like he’s never experienced. I think John could get him, and not easily, and vice versa for James. ...that said I’m going to tip my cap ? and respectfully agree to disagree ..in all my time here I’ve never been one to go round-and-round in these threads when I’ve said my Peace. I feel like you and I are on the same boat, albeit just opposite ends of said boat.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rogueshadow  Moderator

@mazahs117: Yeah, in the context of an actual film I don't doubt that it would be a good fight, but based on their performances/feats thus far I'd have to squarely back Bond.

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazahs117: Yeah, in the context of an actual film I don't doubt that it would be a good fight, but based on their performances/feats thus far I'd have to squarely back Bond.

I think they're about equal.

Both have fought just about the same amount of people at the same time in h2h.

Both have pretty identical feats in gun fight and accuracy.

Both have pretty much the same stamina.

Both have very high damage soaking (i would say Bond has the slight advantage here. A simple hit in the ballsack hurts like hell, getting 3 with that thing Le Chiffre used, without passing out or something, is very impressive).

Avatar image for crypticrighting
CrypticRighting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Wick.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@bruceveidt said:
@rogueshadow said:

Both have very high damage soaking (i would say Bond has the slight advantage here. A simple hit in the ballsack hurts like hell, getting 3 with that thing Le Chiffre used, without passing out or something, is very impressive).

I can only recall seeing Wick deal with one or two fodder at a time in pure h2h nothing like the fight I posted above in the elevator. Nothing with that speed, precision and skill, and all with his hands cuffed behind his back. That feat is really being overlooked when considering Bond in h2h, it's beastly, I can't see any reason to put Wick in that skill level in h2h.

In a shootout (i.e. this thread) I back Wick, Bond has never had to deal with some of the situations Wick has (i.e. Catacombs scene from Wick 2), Wick must've taken down fifty + guys in that scene alone. Bond could conceivably win, he's incredibly accurate, but Wick goes around like he's playing COD on easy.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When he fought against that mercenary on the train Bond did quite well. And he isn't very bad with guns.

Bonds h2h is clearly much better and he has excellent stamina.

Depends on what it boils down to. If it's h2h Bond has a better chance of winning and if it's a gun battle Wick has a better chance of winning.

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruceveidt said:
@rogueshadow said:

I can only recall seeing Wick deal with one or two fodder at a time in pure h2h nothing like the fight I posted above in the elevator. Nothing with that speed, precision and skill, and all with his hands cuffed behind his back. That feat is really being overlooked when considering Bond in h2h, it's beastly, I can't see any reason to put Wick in that skill level in h2h.

In a shootout (i.e. this thread) I back Wick, Bond has never had to deal with some of the situations Wick has (i.e. Catacombs scene from Wick 2), Wick must've taken down fifty + guys in that scene alone. Bond could conceivably win, he's incredibly accurate, but Wick goes around like he's playing COD on easy.

Quantum of Solace was easily the weakest movie within Craig's saga imo, that is probably why it was overlooked.

Bond has pretty good accuracy feats, but in all of them he had to take his time (and even miss a few shots), while Whick is practicaly aim bot (although he missed Vigo's son in the club scene. But that's mainly due to plot).

So yeah, h2h Bond has the advantage. But the skill gap isn't big.

In a shootout it goes to Whick, but Bond will make him work for it.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suggest people review the headquarters escape from Spectre before making a decision. Bond made some incredible long range shots, despite just surviving a drill to the head.

Different weapon tho

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55 said:

Do you have a link to that scene? I haven’t seen Spectre since it came out in cinema.

Loading Video...

From 1:45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Kyoji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bond. James Bond.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wick got hit by like 3 cars in one night n had like 3 more accidents n kept beating people up the next day. This dude isn't human.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John Wick. That boy got faster somehow.

cmpunk4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just saw John wick 3 and wow i would saw what an awesome kickass movie!!! So i would think that john would give bond a run for his money. But i would love to see Sean Connery bond vs john wick!!

cmpunk4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided